[Poll] Upcoming Patches

• Official Post

What kind of content you are seeking the most? (max 5 votes per user) 177

The result is only visible to the participants.

Hello,

We would like to ask all of you what are you seeking the most in upcoming patches.

There are planned upcoming contents for next months, but maybe it's worth to change order or add something new.

We are interested especially in what you would find fun for long term.

Last years were rough for everyone, so we need to also focus more on things that can let us keep server running, but maybe there is something that would make it actually nice and pleasuring.

Greetings

• To be clear.

New ones are not needed for the time being.

There are still numerous bugs that interfere with the basic game system. And there're many more that have yet to be fixed.

It is wrong to leave it alone and start working on something new. I'm not saying "don't do it at all."

You (Team)'re in business, too, and because you have your own circumstances.

But first, it must be gain a solid footing.

Only then can we start working on new things.

I've already posted various personal requests in the "SUGGESTIONS" section.

Approval is slow, though.

• Official Post

can someone breakdown " quality of life changes " for me ?

because those seem like that should be a given that just goes along with the game unless im missing something lol

It is meant like dozen of small changes such as in patches within last 2-3 months, which is slowing down process of another big content due to devs are working on these.

Greetings

• Don't know if that qualifies as "quality of life changes", but I would love to see some items with much highier increased stack size, like daily items (up to 999), elite skills items (up to 999), experience fruits from Forgotten Abby (currently they stack at max 3/3 :/), crafting mats to stack like arrows up to 10,000.

Improve the crafting system, by reworking level 100 items and sets to be as strong as red items from end game (allow them to have purple stats as strong like those in Rofl instance and all crafting materials to be able to get outside end game instances). NO special crafting mat that might be sold on AH for astronomical price like with some crafting materials and add instruments to carpentry, katanas and spears to blacksmithing. Add the new "jobs" to the game (Gemology, Engineering, Crystalography).

Allowing crafting items to have strong purple stats would help those who can't enter end game instances, to easier gear up and than hope that maybe someone would invite them to end game instances runs too...

Allow Dreamland items to have purple stats as well.

Add new daily quests to isles like Tasuq, Korris, Enoch, Chassizz, Vortis and Talaghan as well.

Improve the Tutor System by adding quests where if veteran and best players in game assist those who never even been in end game instances (like me :(), to get end game loot and arcadia coins too and give both of them "special rewards" for completing those quests (the veteran players would get much better ones than the players that are helped)...

It's really sad that there's no other way to get arcadia coins in game than in just end game hard level instances and the amount of "free" you get in a year is honestly way too low compared to how many pro and veteran players can obtain in just ONE day...

Introduce more "events" like the Advent calendar where you can get free items.

Further improve the awards from completing malatina and goblin mines mini games...

As for me I would also love to see "new" items in item shop like:

- Double the amount of currency obtained from completing instances and mini games (2x arcadia coins, mementos, phirius shells, dreamland and others) - 1h, 7 days and 1 month version,

- Introduce a potion item that allows to gain arcadia coins in All instances for 1h or 1 day (max arcadia coins you could obtain would be limited to 1000 a day), this would be a huge help for every player who prefers to play solo (I know it's a MMORPG game, but some people prefer to solo even those games),

- a 1, 7 day or 30 days potion that after consuming allows to gain access to all instances in all difficulties bypassing all the prequests,

- add more crafting resources like nails (at least All from lvl 40 up to 60) and herbs, ores, wood,

- a new items that allows to gain ALL elite skills including the 70 lvl ones (asking for this cause I can't even start the prequests, cause of the annoying "fairies"),

FIX the giant iron barricades HP in Course of Terror malatina game and make it like 5x or even 10x less. With all the free malatina repeat tickets from being a VIP member it's a real pain and honestly frustrating to complete it quickly...

I've seen players in original Runes of Magic on Youtube pretty much ONE hitting them...

Allow Provision's Courier Ostrich to work in it again. Forbiding it was a big mistake and only favours players with maxed out movement speed on items over everyone else...

Allow any transformation potions to work in the Ancient Treasure Investigation mini game and lower the cooldown of invisibility both in this mini game and from the alchemy potion. Current 3m on it is ridiculous high and a huge turn off. Same with other "3m potions"...

Introduce a new exchange NPC that allows to gain arcadia coins for phirius coins or mementos...

Improve the awards from "leveling bags" (the ones obtained from leveling from level 1) and let the drop in your inventory up to level 105 (all bags from lvl 55 up to 105 would include 1 random instance weapon, armor, accessory item )...

Add more "free" items in Lost Island of Atlantis from NPCs.

Arcanium Chamber passage opening should cost 20 million. 200m is just way too much and make Hall of Chaos, Fire and Water FARMABLE for 80-90 lvl players with just the 80 gear you get from the NPC when you create a new char and keep the amount of mementos they drop unchanged and they can be cleared only ONCE a day!

Add a NPC that allows to extract ("take off" back to your inventory) all runes including the ones from Item Shop.

Add a NPC that allows to extract all stats from yellow to purple from items into Mana Stones without destroying the item itself. This could be performed only ONCE per item, per day.

Increase the amount of mementos dropped from the boss of the Cave of the Water Dragon from 8 to 80 or maybe even 120.

Allow all lvl 50 instances to drop mementos and amount of them shoul be similar to those obtained in Dungeon of Dalanis...

Rework public quests... Right now I'm happy if I get max 6 energy of justice...

Do something with the "World Boss" spawn times, cause after playing for months I've only seen like 2 or 3 of those...

Make all instances from lvl 75 up to 104 more accessible (easier to farm with just "purple" or red items at least on Easy and normal difficulty) for every player not just the ones with BIS fully maxed out golden items...

Lastly add more "benefits" too becoming a VIP member (more items obtained daily or other benefits).

I know fixing bugs is important too, but right now some of these changes from above would really make the game much better for those who just can't do end game content at all and at least give them a chance to gear up with crafting items, so they can than have a highier chance of maybe finally be able to do end game instances as well or at least be able to complete lower level instances on hard solo or at least 1 or 2 bosses from them...

• just random idea.

material convoys/caravans

like a guild wagon loaded with materials/valuables that has to run from 1 zone to the other. for some sort of reward. more stacked with value, better reward is. (nothing too extreme, so it is just fun)

that can be attacked by other guilds. or players. or hijacked and brought to competitor guild.

like run a convoy from varanas to dust devil canyon.. a wagon at like 50% mount speed.

that can be engaged with. maybe this wagon or convoy can barter/trade with other guilds.

run a convoy from guild A to guild B. etc. or make guild castles, a conquest. where each territory, you must make a guild castle instead of universal. turf/territory/gang warfare/tribalism/conquest

a convoy that has to go from point a to point b, that can be attacked by other players or npc.

guildies load up the caravan wagon with whatever.

when it is full, it can make a trade run to deliver the goods.

while running it can be attacked or hijacked by others. so it must be defended on the route by guildies.

i was playing alot of red dead redemption 2 online.

that's where this idea came from. rdr2 trade run pvp.

oh, also. even though i was free to play at the other 1.

i did buy some diamond on this 1. ;P

its winter and i wanted to play some rom. and steam rom is terrible.

if elden ring goes on sale i might try that 1.

but i'll be hanging out here for a while.

-drood

• I do not expect big changes, I have complained several times about game performance issues but the reality is that my pc is becoming obsolete with each improvement that the dev's make, since I do not have the resources to solve that, my wishes to changes are not very significant.

It's hard to think of big instances when we hardly have people to do even a mini instance.

there is a reality, and it is that after a gaming boom during the pandemic where many of us were locked up, little by little we were resuming our activities. without forgetting the case of many comrades who are still going through a war. These could be some of the reasons why we hardly see our players online.

therefore, I can think of changes related to personal improvement. new ways to get dragon pets.

incentives to carry out the missions of each map.

changes to daily roulette rewards.

If you keep people entertained in the game even if there aren't enough people to make an instance, you'll have more than just alters or main characters punching a bag in Itnal Camp.

my humble opinion 👉👈

• Shippo, ich habe mir die Mühe gemacht, deinen ganzen Text zulesen. 🙈

Fazit: Hättest geschrieben, wünschst dir einen Char, der komplett ausgestattet ist, wärst schneller fertig gewesen. 🤭

• Hättest geschrieben, wünschst dir einen Char, der komplett ausgestattet ist, wärst schneller fertig gewesen.

If by having a fair chance for all players to get end game gear, not just those in TOP guilds means I wish to have a full char with maxed out gear, than you probably didn't read it at all...

Right now those who can farm Core are asking up to 10,000 dias for a Wis or Int stat. Not too mention the absurd prices of +20 104 golden gear (80,000 dias), cause why sell them just like they drop much cheaper (like 1000-2000 dias) and allow more players to be able, to join them in farming at least the 104 end game instances in near future, right...?

Nah better sell for outrageous prices that only those who can farm end game instances can afford.

Sorry I'm not gonna "sell a kidney" or "starve for a month", just to buy me 2 or 4 +20 maxed out 104 lvl golden items...

If devs add another end game instance those who will be able to farm it will probably start asking 15,000 dias for a single Int or Wis stat leaving those who can't even enter the 104 instances even further behind unless they're fine with average gear...

Unless devs goal is to keep the elite players entertained at the expanse of the rest of the playerbase, than they should add more end game instances...

Right now you can't even buy Gorge or Tikal stats on AH anymore, cause everyone only do Rofl and Core...

There's so many things that need to be fixed or added more than another End game instance that only 2-3 guilds can farm (more or less)...

For your information I already posted what I wish for in this game, but ofc you understood the way you wanted to...

I just want to be able to SOLO at least all instances up to level 100 on Easy, Normal and some lower level (55-85) on Hard, and maybe make some low lvl OP by making them +12-20 with average purple stats just for you know fun.

I know I can only dream of even entering any of the end game lvl 104 instances, unless I beg the top players in world chat to let me join as a leech, because I can't afford the overpriced +20 golden gear and probably never will get a single piece if nothing in the game won't change...

Unfortunately group players will never understand those who prefer to play solo even if it's a mmo game...

• Hättest geschrieben, wünschst dir einen Char, der komplett ausgestattet ist, wärst schneller fertig gewesen.

If by having a fair chance for all players to get end game gear, not just those in TOP guilds means I wish to have a full char with maxed out gear, than you probably didn't read it at all...

Right now those who can farm Core are asking up to 10,000 dias for a Wis or Int stat. Not too mention the absurd prices of +20 104 golden gear (80,000 dias), cause why sell them just like they drop much cheaper (like 1000-2000 dias) and allow more players to be able, to join them in farming at least the 104 end game instances in near future, right...?

Yes and no , your mentioned prieces are only for high endgame stats ( Dark core / titan / stasis stats) that you dont need to get started into endgame(custom instances).
    Gold rofl gear is still , even after being released for 2? years now , a long time farming investments of atleast 10 days per item, i guess thats why prieces are still relativly high.

As you mentioned you are a solo player , try to do Mini Games like goblin mine malatine etc that reward you with Phirious shells. In atlas Harbor on the Left ships are Merchants that sell a full set with 2 different named Purple stats of tikal/Inferno quality. And the full set in itself is only partly worse then gold rofl gear , i think like 10-15% if i remember correct. With that you can start to farm low lvl custom instances for coins ( HoS/Tikal /Hodl) and then pull Tikal stats by another Merchant in Atlas central plaza near the AH.

Also nearby is a merchant who is selling 7 days rental weapons from rofl for low amount of diamonds if you want to give this a try.

Also in regards of endgame instances , Warlock/mage supports ( for example) are always needed and only really require (if you have low gear) a bit of positioning and 1 or 2 curse runes.

If you have any other questions or need help feel free to whisper me ingame

Greetings

If you identify a UFO as a UFO , then it becomes an FO. Unless it has landed , then it is simply an -> O

Edited once, last by Cruvor ().

• As you mentioned you are a solo player , try to do Mini Games like goblin mine malatine etc that reward you with Phirious shells. In atlas Harbor on the Left ships are Merchants that sell a full set with 2 different named Purple stats of tikal/Inferno quality. And the full set in itself is only partly worse then gold rofl gear , i think like 10-15% if i remember correct. With that you can start to farm low lvl custom instances for coins ( HoS/Tikal /Hodl) and then pull Tikal stats by another Merchant in Atlas central plaza near the AH.

Also nearby is a merchant who is selling 7 days rental weapons from rofl for low amount of diamonds if you want to give this a try.

Yeah I'm doing mini games for over 2 months already, all except the Ancient Treasure one, cause it's too annoying for me...

As for Tikal I can't even enter it on easy, cause of the yet again annoying prequests where you need to kill bosses on normal difficulty...

Currently am stuck on Lasoyl from Bethomia, Tabokake from Groto and Horban from Pillars of Morfan...

Maybe for you 500 dias is low, but not for me, as my only dias income comes from farming cards for astral, etheric and star soul stones...

If you have any other questions or need help feel free to whisper me ingame

Thanks, I'll consider it.

As for core Int or Wis stats I don't really care about them, just wanted to say how insanely overpriced they are, that's all...

Also in regards of endgame instances , Warlock/mage supports ( for example) are always needed and only really require (if you have low gear) a bit of positioning and 1 or 2 curse runes.

Thanks again for the info, maybe someday I'll contact you in game (if it's ok with you), to know more about how to gear a Warlock/Mage.

• I would love to be able to label my different equipment slots, also increase them to have more that just 6.

Turn off the sound effects for specific spells. When I play bard I want to stab pencells into my ears. Most of the time I just turn off all the sounds and listen to something else. Some spells and attacks sounds do not bother me, but some do very much so.

Get rid of the little mini games before the bosses in all the instances Isles, these are just annoying. I don't really like the idea of having a gear score limit on a instance either.

All instances should be soloable if on easy and possible to do on higher difficulties but not easy to just run through. Also there should be a portal out of a dungeon at the end of each dungeon. Instead of having to quit the party or do a stuck report.

Any prequest that are required to enter a dungeon or instance should be soloable. Quest get obsolete as time goes on, In a few years I should not have to put together a group to do a level 50 quest line because the instance requires two tanks to get through a boss (this is not a specific example).

Crafted gear and weapons should be equal to the best gear in the game. The best stats for the equipment should earned in the game through dungeons and currency earnings. To make the equipment should rely on special rare drops you get from gathering or reginal events, not through end level content.

Make every class be able to equip a ranged weapon, and be able to equip weapon runes to the ranged weapon.

Underwater combat and content would be sweet.

Increase the daily quest experience to be similar to the surrounding zone quest experience.

Love the game, thank you for all the work you do for this game and for your players.

• Would like to see switching mutations from the inis abby to panteon which become Hard+ like idk with switching mats that you need to farm all inis for a new set or something. Mutations switching time like every 2 Weeks

• I don't really like the idea of having a gear score limit on a instance either.

Yep, this gear score requirement does not help in anything, just makes playing more annoying (harder to try out different classes, harder to help a friend to gear up faster, cannot swap to more bulky eq with more hp for a moment when it's needed).

Lots of good changes in the game mechanics, in balancing, quality of life recently. But this single one is the biggest bummer ever imo. Good that you decreased the requirements after initial feedback, but I don't understand why you kept it at all... ZERO positive effect, just annoying.

• There are many things that need to be improved and others that have been left aside and not much benefit has been obtained:

SW: Despite the efforts they have made to include PvP on the server, it has been of little or no use. It's still a PvE server. There is still a need for further improvement in this regard, improving the loot of war that is somewhat attractive and updating the map.

Do quests and go to old lv 90+ maps. To obtain any benefit and entertain yourself is completely null. As well as the updated nostalgia instances, where average players and not just end game can run, to get something that really benefits.

The latest nostalgia instance updates are aimed at pro-players only. Many new and average players who do not have the best equipment can only aspire to run the same as always, tikal, inferno, etc. That really discourages those who want to move on and run something different.

You have to work a lot on class balance, there is a lot of disadvantage of magic vs. physical classes. With chainmail gear there are 2 or 3 dps combinations that are viable, while in magical, there are many combinations that really work without having to switch weapons.

Despite being an old game, it can be very attractive to involve new players. But they have stopped investing in advertising. I started playing this game a little over 1 year ago because of an advertisement that came out on Facebook that caught my attention and I decided to enter. Said advertising has apparently disappeared. To keep a game like this active, new players are needed to join this adventure.

Usually most of the players are from the US. Therefore, the schedule of greatest activity of the game is proposed by the schedule of the people of the US. Attracting American players would be an excellent plus so that the server is active at most possible times, and that it is not dead at certain hours as is currently the case.

• Poll & Upcoming Patches

Some guilds are small or members have conflicting time zones for play, and therefore makes it hard when you need a full team for instances. I would like to see more available instances for individual play, duo play and maybe trio. Granted doing easy mode or lower level instances helps but once you have good gear, it would be nice to run a few things on your own and still get good rewards for it:)

• Poll & Upcoming Patches

Some guilds are small or members have conflicting time zones for play, and therefore makes it hard when you need a full team for instances. I would like to see more available instances for individual play, duo play and maybe trio. Granted doing easy mode or lower level instances helps but once you have good gear, it would be nice to run a few things on your own and still get good rewards for it:)

the instances were modified to be able to be completed without a full team or ultimate gear. even, the previous missions in the CoA instances can be done without hard difficulty and tikal can be executed without big players or powerful gears (easy mode).

the only viable way to get good rewards with little effort is to pay. otherwise, it is playing and dedicating time and effort to your character.

• I have posted this similarly elsewhere and in direct message's but here is the deal.... You cant expect to add new features and new content without fixing and stabilizing the content already in game.

After You do that then You can look at what are the most recently used addons and determine what feature they bring to the game.

Then You can take those features and add them to the game as standard.

If You keep adding new things to the game on top of old issues/problems You will have more issues and eventually trying to fix those issues will cause more issues etc. At some point You are going to be literally breaking Your own game due to this.

For example You took the WoWMap addon and added it to the game as default because of the features it provided. When You updated the game to add new locations, npc's etc, it made the WoWMap addon not work. The proper way to have done this would be to take the features of the WoWMap addon and code them into the base game so that everytime You add a new area, npc, zone, dungeon etc. You dont have to then go back and try to fix the conflicts that are now being caused by the outdated WoWMap addon.

(For example)

Since my return I have been trying to do quest to clear zones, unlock quest chains, etc. and when I go to the NPC that I am supposed to be able to get the quest from (according to the WoWMap addon and shows on my map) there is no quest for Me to accept/select.

....... So to answer your question about what upcoming patches should be implemented it is actually hard and confusing to explain because alot of these choices and post are asking for both new features AND fixes to old features at the same time. This is not what a patch is.

* A patch updates/fixes something already in game.

* An update "new feature" adds something new or different to the game (which normally must then be patched at some point)

I dont want to kill the conversation or stop people from making suggestions but I felt like it was necessary to say this so that it is clear the difference. Also there is already an entire dedicated section the forum for update "suggestions"

-- You cant build a new house on a broken foundation --

:)

• What I wish for?

As a group, of about 15 men and including former veterans of Runes of Magic, we look at the whole seamlessly from then, to this game. What we unanimously heard, and unfortunately put off most of the rest of our group from joining this server (50 players), is that the settings, bonuses, cash store, etc. are definitely made for casuals. In the first place, this is nothing reprehensible, but it makes the fact of one's own performance strongly sink.

We wanted to relive the old content, like completely new players. Leveling like in the good old days. First the starting zones, then the midcontent and finally the endgame area, with all its over 9000 quests.

What we noticed first:

There is way too much EXP ... yes, you can put it down yourself, but the rest of the server feels like it doesn't. Some of our players have even been contacted and told that you can put it up?! In the end, you are the loser on the server. We probably don't even need to talk about the TP. What am I supposed to farm talent points for in the end?

When we had come to terms with the matter and slowly got into the routine, we made the next frightening discovery in the vicinity of Varanas. Experimental monster cards, each with 300 basic attributes?! That's not just a push, that's a winging. Many of us took these cards, of course. But a challenging Abbys or Bloody Gallery Dungeon try, was now to be sought in vain. Of course, now come phrases like, "Then leave the cards out, you don't have to use them." - Of course. I love to make a list in advance for my guild members to list what they can and can't use, that's just how you do it.

Further in context: When we got over this shock, the enthusiasm for the good old skins grew more and more. Farming Worldboss, hoping for skins and then carrying them around like a prestige object - wonderful. What did some of us discover? The Cash Shop and the realization that skins are no longer prestige. Not a showpiece to show off your achievement in the game, to equip yourself with and be happy because you've accomplished something. No, instead to buy for a few small coins (real money) in the store ... wonderful. Even items that brought exorbitant donation amounts in the guild castles, with which you can push your level and castle, as if there were no tomorrow.

We are now on our way to level 30 and the fun of gaming still prevails. It was like a revelation for us when we heard about this server. Many of us were finally able to reconnect with our favorite game in the new programming and enjoy the game as it should have been back then. The performance, effort and passion, the whole construct, what the developers behind Chronicles of Arcadia have invested and created, is ingenious and we praise it on the highest level - hats off at this point and a heartfelt thank you! - but unfortunately we also have to note that it is not Runes of Magic of yesteryear, at least not for players who are dedicated to the old philosophy of an mmorpg. We want to continue playing the game, in the long run - but we don't know if that will work out, it's probably written in the stars, because some content has been added, but also some things have been deleted, with which you could grind, farm and win prestige.

I hope you can deduce from this what we want ...

• Official Post

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Duebrithil!

We understand your nostalgia for the 'good old days', the challenging grind, and the joy of prestigious rewards. Balancing the needs of a diverse player base is a complex task. Some players appreciate the chance to accelerate their progress, while others, like your group, prefer a more classic, slow-paced MMO experience.

In the past, we've experimented with a legacy server, offering an experience without XP, TP, and LVL boost options. Initially, it drew a large crowd, but over time interest waned as the challenge and novelty faded. As for the COA, we've already lowered the rates, introduced an "experience modifier" and "experience blocker" for players who prefer a slower leveling pace, and made many adjustments to help newcomers adjust to your preference for the old-school experience. The left boosts are designed to make the journey easier without significantly impacting the server as a whole. We also haven't ruled out the possibility of further integrating legacy features into the current server.

The high-attribute monster cards are a tiny fraction of our card system, with the majority being low-value. They can be further customized, offering an added layer of strategic gameplay. We encourage you to explore this system more: Wiki, Patchnotes, Video1, Video2.

Many of our Item Shop items, including skins, have been added based on player requests. We strive to provide different avenues for players to obtain items - through exploration, diamonds, or other activities even out of the game.

Diamonds, our premium currency, can be obtained in various ways, and we're planning to introduce more soon. This guide outlines some methods of obtaining them for beginners.

We appreciate your commitment to the game and your constructive feedback here and in Discord 👏