◆AoE (Range Specification Type) inhibited by invisible objects◆

• To DEV.

Since no one has reported it and there is no indication that it will be fixed, I write.

(I feel like I saw a reference to this on the Forum here several years ago, but well, whatever.)

When using Area of Effect Skills such as Thunderstorm, Aquatic Storm, etc. (Range Specification Type) , if there're invisible objects in airspace between the cursor and the specified point, Skills are activated in places the player doesn't intend (meaning, on top of that space-transparent object).

・Example:

Mirror World - Mystical Mirror Fortress  (Tip. : Magic Circle)

Around of Chassizz scorching Sun camp  (Tip. : Earthquake)

I don't write down every single situation in which it happens. You'll know it when you try it.

This has been neglected for years and years already, or even since the RoM heyday era.

P.S. Frank advice

Why don't you make a list of bugs in the middle of dealing?

At least that should be done for those that are important and have been in existence for a long time.

It saves both players and staff a lot of extra work, doesn't it?

It would be silly if I bothered to write it down and be told it was already known, so.

• Official Post

Hello,

Would you please be able to record some of such situation for easier reference with further reprocessing of this report?

P.S. Frank advice

Why don't you make a list of bugs in the middle of dealing?

At least that should be done for those that are important and have been in existence for a long time.

It saves both players and staff a lot of extra work, doesn't it?

It would be silly if I bothered to write it down and be told it was already known, so.

Most of more known bugs is visible on forum in current section. We have also some more on internal task lists. It might be kind of scary list for players to see these all at once, while many of them are considered as low priority.

Greetings

• In regards to this issue, I will get back to you after the next playable date of the mirror world instance where the problem occurs.

(Maybe Friday night, about this time. For SS shooting. According to circumstance, with the help of my partner)

Most of more known bugs is visible on forum in current section.

Oh, no, no, no, no.

You say so, well. But.

I've reported many bugs, but I've been told that they are "already known" even though they are not on the Bug Report, so I'm just saying so.

(Of course, I don't know if that's still the case. And in the first place, I've written many bug reports, so I understand that Bugs are visible in "Bug Reports" are as natural as "the sun rises from the east". It's a bit of a head-scratcher of a response, but well, whatever.)

I don't mean such a elementary thing.

If that is all that is currently in the "Bug Report", then no problem.

But if not (in other words, if something is missing from the list), then why not create a "bug list of bugs being fixed" since it would have the advantage of cutting down on the time and effort of players reporting and staff replying to them. It means.

Again, I say, if, indeed, "Everything currently listed is all that", then there is no problem.

That's all for the "Bugs List".

Anyway, I'll write about the AoE at a later date.

• That some AoEs are not hitting all mobs properly due to (hidden) obstacle objects is a bug as old as Logar itself. I got a well working solution for this: If your aoe isn't hitting, place your ground targets better. In HOTO there are a lot of bubbles, in ROFL it's the leafs, in Kalin it's the ivy (or ranks or whatever, the green plants hanging from the roof). If you place groundtargets there, there is a high chance, it's stuck on the textures.

Also, if such an obstacle exists between a player and a target, even some group buffs, cleans, heals are not applied properly. In the past there was such issue even with grass, which was fixed fortunately, but bubbles and leafs are still an issue I guess.

And about a buglist... what's the problem there? Guess the devs do have such thing in their internal space, personally I don't need something like that for public view ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• >And about a buglist... what's the problem there? Guess the devs do have such thing in their internal space, personally I don't need something like that for public view ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm trying to say, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, this way.

Read carefully.

if something is missing from the list

If by some chance the bug that a user is about to report is "not on the list of bug reports, but the GM is aware of it or is already working on it", then if we make a "list of bugs that are already in the process of being fixed" because it would save the user the trouble of reporting it and the DEV the trouble of replying to the user, then we can make a "list of bugs that are already in the process of being fixed". How about it?

That's only I just said.

And I said, "it's not a problem anymore".

What is the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯? Ah?

Read it carefully.

I don't care if you are needed or not.

Why do you make misguided accusations after the fact about something I've already said "no problemh"?

I don't deserve to be told that.

You gotta be kidding me.

That's all.

• To DEV Grox

I was busy, so instead, I asked my partner, who owns the M/P character main occupation, to shoot the video instead. And I did the video editing only.

I didn't have time to insert the elaborate staging/explanatory text as I did in the previous "Step Bug Video", so if you have any questions, please ask.

(Well, I guess you can understand.)

Note: As you can see, in order to make the magic circle at the time of activation stand out,

it's activated directly by clicking the skill button instead of using "that macro" which is required.

Only a little supplementary information.

1. Mystical Mirror Fortress (substituted by Pasper's Shrine, which is the exact same and original Map)

The object's Pentagram Magic Circle generates an aura that completely covers the mob, so it's blocked by the aura, making it impossible to direct Aquatic Storm or Thunder Storm etc directly at the mob.

Naturally, it is not possible to designate a target at the feet of the mob itself.

At least, by specifying outside of the pentagram or above the aura, it is possible to hit the mob with an attack.

However, depending on the angle, the attack may not reach the target at all, so it's not a sure thing.

Again, naturally, it's not possible to designate a target at the feet of the mob itself.

2. the Chassizz scorching sun camp.

There are intermittent earthquakes in this one vicinity, but if the skill is activated during these earthquakes, the designated magic circle will shake sometimes slightly, and sometimes violently, and the skill will be activated in an unexpected point.

Perhaps it is the transparent object (a huge rigid body?) that generates the earthquake.

Of course, there's no way to avoid it.

If, by bad luck, the earthquake occurs at the moment the skill is triggered, it is THE END.

(Of course, during normal times when there is no earthquake, the skill is normally activated without any problem.)

Naturally, other similar places exist, Heart of the Ocean (= Steadfast Mirror Heart of the Ocean) etc.

That's all for now. Good luck.

Added the Label Visual

Closed the thread.