Change the way time-limited stacks are merged, keep higher (longer) time limit

• It has always been silly, but now after patch 10-7-1-1100

"Disabled possibility to place time-limited items into bank and house storage"

there is even no workaround...

If you have 2 stacks with time limit then the order of merging matters: if you pick stack A and merge into B the B time limit is kept, if you pick stack B and merge into A the A time limit is kept. In particular if you have some time limited items in your backpack and you get some extra then the time limit from your old items is kept...

So I have set of pots from housemaids, they are about to expire in 45 minutes. What can I do? If I talk to house maids and get more pots, the stack will get auto-merged and now I will have ... a bigger stack that still expires in 45 min. This is silly/wrong, but at least there was a workaround: you could put old pots to your bank, talk to housemaids and then merge old items into new getting stacks of pots that will survive next 24 hours. Now you guys blocked this. The only way to go is what? Throw away every single old item before you ask for new ones? :(

This is not only about housemaid pots, there is the same problem with some event items. I think Niolka's rewards from crafting festival have 7 days time limit. So how it's going to work now? You do Niolka's quest 4 times, you get 4 items but still even though you did the last quest today the whole stack will expire in just 3 days???

Or current winter festival certificates: they are valid for 30 days but the festival is usually on for a bit more. So now you kind of have to catch a moment when you have exact multiple of 10, use them to have not a signele one left before you get new ones, right? If you have a single leftover certificate and gather more you run into a chance that all new certificates will happily expire before the end of the festival even though you did last festival quests just a day before...

Old system with putting items to bank, getting new items to backpack and merging the stacks in correct order always felt as a silly workaround, but now you even blocked this.

Thus suggestion: please change the way stacks of time-limited items are merged, no matter which one is merged into which the longest time time limit (later expiration date of the two stacks) should apply.

Approved the thread.
  • Patch 10-7-1-2000

Blocked possibility to stack time-limited items with different generation time

Hahaha

So now you talk to housemaid 3 times and you get separate stacks that cannot be merged

Just perfect :D :D :D

It will be the same for festival tickets, right? If you need 20 to get one reward you will need 20 slots in your backpack? Looool :P

I love your thinking :D

• Official Post

Patch 10-7-1-2000

Blocked possibility to stack time-limited items with different generation time

It will be the same for festival tickets, right? If you need 20 to get one reward you will need 20 slots in your backpack? Looool :P

Hello, as written in the patch notes, many festival items already had their expiration timer adjusted. If you find more items you think should be adjusted, please let us know.

Greetings

• Just allow merging, and take the longest time as the timeout for the new merged stack. It's really impossible to abuse: for festival items if a player wants, she can merge them and get a stack valid for another month. So what? She will have no possibility to exchange it once festival has finished, and a month later the new stack will happily expire. It's really hard to figure out what abuse you are trying to prevent here...

It was silly before, with result depending on stacking order. But now after this patch it is just stupid (imo) and makes playing a tad harder without any good reason (wastes a looot of backpack space, will take extra time to be careful to use up older items first etc.).

• これはもうダメかも分からんね。

This might be all over.

(Source: Remarks left on the voice recorder of the captain of the famous Japanese plane crash)

• Pleased think about it Ikaria , there are so many random things in game and now also with housemaid items? Let them stack and all fine. Think about ppl needing some specific potions from housemaid and you get it only 1 time from 5 housemaids.... Yes I still had this. This little things will players let them think about the game whether to play or not...