do not compare items with current equipment by default

• 99 times out of 100, when you hover over an item you do not want to compare it with current equipment. Still, it steals a big part of your screen.

Example: drag a ring on an action bar to get the the speed buff when used. Result: your screen looks like this when you try to use the ring from the action bar:

Now imagine you want to do this during an instance, where you cannot afford not to know what is happening... This basically forces you to use a macro to use the ring which is just stupid.

Another example: you craft 200 belts to level armor crafting. Now ... try to sell them manually. With the HUGE tooltip with your current equipment it's soooo easy to misclick and sell something wrong (again, probably everyone uses some auto-selling addon but it's so silly that you are forced to do that because of over-tool-tipping...)

Or: you want to buy an item on AH for ISS. You really do not want to compare it with your current eq, and dep. on where the tooltip pops up it may make using auction house quite difficult...

Even if you are buying a replacement for your weapon on AH, 9 times out of 10 you know what you are looking for, you really do not need to see current eq...

Suggestion:

* do NOT show current eq in additional tooltips by default, just the item you hover over

* if user presses some key (say Shift? Alt?) only then show additionally current eq

My expectation: we will use the extra key 3 times a year: once to compare our eq with someone doing great or badly in an ini, once to search for new weapons on AH and the third case... I still need to come up with. ;)

In other times current behavior is just pure inconvenience...

Approved the thread.
    • Official Post

As long as there will be demand for such change, we can either make an option to hide item tooltips, or use another way based on players suggestions to improve this aspect.

For now, there is an option to disable attributes visibility, which should reduce the frame size.

20220822_1661120189.png

20220822_1661120511.png20220822_1661120334.png

• Official Post

We would rather add option to optionally disable "Current equipment" tooltips if there is such will from other players.

It will not be changed to be as default.

Regarding your screenshot, there appears to be logical issue since item on left and right is the same one, so should be displayed only once. It will be handled in future to display just once.

Greetings

• I think items on the left and right are only the same, bcs he posted his item and clicked on it. Bcs it is a ring, there are his own rings left/middle and the clicked item right

• be logical issue

Nope, all is logical and fine

he posted his item and clicked on it

Yep, exactly, to use the ring easily it was dragged to an action bar, and then hovering over this place in the action bar shows (1) the ring that was dragged there plus (2) both rings that are equipped. If you drag a different ring to an action bar then hovering over it will show both it and the two equipped rings, it would be weird if a ring from equipment behaved differently. As long as we compare the item over which mouse hovers with current eq it is fine that we see 3 tooltips.

We would rather add option to optionally disable "Current equipment" tooltips

Yep, this would work too. I'd have it off almost all the time :P

(PS: I wonder if this would not be possible already now from lua, by something like storing GameTooltip API under a new name and defining new one with the old name, that depending on Shift pressed or not would call the old one or do nothing.)

Closed the thread.

Added the Label Items