About action bugs immediately after moving (loading) between zones

• Considering the situation, because I thought this bug was known and be trying to deal with fix, so I didn't write for a long time. But since there is no sign that it will be fixed at all, I start reluctantly to post with a heavy waist. Troublesome.

The bug that after moving from a zone (such as residence, instance, castle, etc.) to another zone, and after loading , if the character tries something, the landing action will be performed on the spot and the skill etc will be canceled immediately (if the character move back and forth, left and right, or jumps, it's corrected), when on earth will it be fixed?

For a long time, it hasn't been fixed at all.

In my memory, this had occasionally occured when something update since about 4 or 5 years ago.

In other words, it happened from time to time, and it was fixed before I knew it.

But now, for the past year or so, it's been happening and no longer fixed at all?

Needless to say, the rudimentary personal level measures (client reinstallation, firewall settings, etc.) have been taken many times.

【postscript】

Also the ambience bug (ambience sounds played in a specific area are not reset after moving to another zone and continue to be played) is still unfixed, too. This was posted about 2 years ago.

It must be fixed quickly, too.

• Official Post

Hello,

About first bug, are you able to record a video of it? Does it happen always with these conditions?

About second issue, it was known only as house-related, but then gives some lights on. Are you sure it is 2 years old? Not a bit younger, as of 64-bit client update? I added it to our to-do list with high priority, but can't estimate when it may be checked and fixed.

Greetings

• Thank you reply.

I think I can post the video tomorrow.

Regarding the conditions of occurrence, if the above actions are taken at the above locations, "may occur".

That is, it isn't 100%.

More details will be written with tomorrow's video sample.

【postscript】

As for Ambience, I searched past posts, but they seemed to be organized and no longer in the forum, but I had drafts in my PC I made everytime, so I looked them up. According to it, as you say, it is a symptom that has occurred since the introduction of 64-bit. That's no doubt.

Your recognition of the current situation is OK.

However, as a side note, this is not just a phenomenon of house (residence).

The Ambience No-reset will continue in all area zones except the residence. Yes, until the player shuts down the client.

And there is no way to shut it out other than lowering the volume.

Compared to Step-Bug (naming), it's only annoying to players like me who value the worldview and mood. Therefore, it will certainly be a lower priority. It's no use.

I'll continue to wait and wait.

Regards

• Due to its large size, I uploaded it to YouTube.

The subtitles in the video include supplementary explanations.

In addition, I'd contacted support for another matter last week, but the answer "possible communication failure near the United States, which is the relay point for communication between Japan and Germany" may be related to this matter as well. This is speculation, though.

Well, it may be possible because it is a distance equivalent to half the circumference of the earth.

Anyway, Regards, To DEV.

• Hello.

All right.

One thing I forgot to tell is that, also when charactor return from Miller's Ranch of Pykesile to Valanas, Obsidian Stronghold, etc, Step Bug occur.

Just in case, an additional report.

I feel relieved, so please work on it carefully.

Regards.

• Official Post

Hello,

"Step Bug" should be fixed now and will be patched with next patch.

About ambience music bug, I was in fact not able to reproduce it.
    Previously mentioned house zone was something else about house development on dev server.
    I tried teleport from Varanas to Logar and so on, and never had kept ambience sound playing.
    Can you please try to give more details?

Greetings

• Hello.

>>Step Bug Fix

I understand. It's good work.

And, about Ambience Bug.

No, it doesn't seem to occur in that situation. probably.

It is only presumed that abnormal reproduction will occur as a defect.

It is "a specific ambience that is reproduced in a specific area".

I've been playing RoM and CoA for more than 11 years in total, but the situation where this bug occurs is almost limited (although it is troublesome because there are many cases where it happens).

Here are some examples. There're two patterns.

[Situation 1]

・Forsaken Abbey, Necropolis of Mirrors, Dead Tree Cave, etc ⇒ Any area (including residence and guild castle)

That is, it is a case where the sound effect "Ooooo ..." is moved from the area (including the instance) to be played to another zone.

[Situation 2]

・Half Trading Post ⇒⇒ Any area (including Residence and Guild Castle)

That is, it is a case of moving from a part of the city where the noise is reproduced to another zone.

Frankly speaking. I want you to try the same thing as I do. You should be able to reproduce it with this.

First, turn off "Music" Volume.

Then, set the "ambience sound" high. 100 isn't bad, but it's too expensive, so 7-80 should be enough.

Then use "Home SweetHome (30Days)" from Forsaken Abbey, Necropolis of Mirrors, Dead Tree Cave, etc. to move to your residence.

After that, the terrifying ambience "Ooooo ..." that would not normally be played should continue to flow in the residence.

The Music volume is 0, so you should be able to hear it clearly.

At least with CoA on my PC, that happens.

Regards.

• Official Post

Hello,

I was not able to reproduce it in Forsaken Abbey nor Necropolis of Mirrors, but I found issue in Dead Tree Cave.

There is a few places in Taborea that have no ambient sound definied.

For example Dead Tree Cave has no ambient sound.

Only Sevaida Woods do.

The magic sound (I assume "Ooooo ..." you mentioned) is from Woods.

But, as of engine failure when you entered area with no ambient sound (Dead Tree Cave) it was never disabled and was losing handler, so could not be stopped anymore.

I possibly fixed it along with playing regular music in no-music zone. Was running a bit at current and new client and it feels fine.

It will be patched with next patch.

You will be surely able to notice that some areas in Taborea may feel more silent now, as of they will not duplicate previous ambient sounds. So if are defined as empty, they will stay empty.

Greetings

• Hello.

I understand.

In any case, if it's better than it is now, that's a good thing. No problem.

For the time being, I'll leave it to you for the subsequent measures.

If there is anything I can do, I'll gladly cooperate with you.

Best Regards

〔postscript〕

Thank you. I confirmed.

I pray for the maintenance of RoM's good tradition and its further development as a CoA.

[6/16 19:50 postscript]

Today, I have certainly confirmed the results of the Bugs fix.

Both Step and Ambience have been completely fixed, and are perfect.

In particular, Step has been a concern for many years, and play became comfortable at once.

It's a great job.

Closed the thread.