Game Engine Lifting [Patch 10.4.0.1000]

• Hey ,

we had it now 4 times in a row when doing the Rolling Stone Event in Rofl that everyone participating in that event had massiv lags . Maybe the new HD Stone is not good for performance ? :D

Greetings

If you identify a UFO as a UFO , then it becomes an FO. Unless it has landed , then it is simply an -> O

• Hey ,

just crashed in Mirrorworlds , would be nice to know why and how i could fix it .

Edit :10min later Crashed again in the same Mirrorworld when entering and running 4 steps .

Greetings

• Hey,

First of all loving a lot of the changes done in this patch. I've gone from crashing 10+ times a day to almost none and can overall see a boost in performance.

The FPS remains an issue, though. I've got a fairly decent PC and we've done some extensive testing in our guild, run with the minimum addons possible and got rid of anything that could be an FPS leech. And while there is improvement in open world, instances (RoFL in particular) become almost unplayable regardless of our respective pc specs.

I've come across this fairly old addon, and sceptical as I was about it it does seem to improve performance considerably. In RoFL there is noticeable improvement but it is still well below what our specs and configurations should allow and it does become difficult to play through even with all effects/damage and heal info disabled (which makes playing very strange).

The automatic adjustment function in game is highly unreliable (always has been in RoM), as it sometimes could make characters disappear altogether or delay important information in exchange for a very minor performance improvement.
    I think if something incorporating the addon above were possible to implement it would make a great difference, if possible with different thresholds so that there remains some control about how high each player would want it to go etc.

The most problematic areas in RoFL so far are:

- Boss 2
    - Boss 3
    - areas with lots of mobs (snails, monkeys etc.)

Very excited about all the new changes otherwise :)

• The most problematic areas in RoFL so far are:

- Boss 2
    - Boss 3
    - areas with lots of mobs (snails, monkeys etc.)

I completly agree on Boss 2. I, myself, don't have any problems on the other mentioned areas but my FPS (and from what I heared, my guildmates share this) drop drasticly after balton (the fire area between Boss 4 and 5).

Greetings.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• Official Post

Hey ,

just crashed in Mirrorworlds , would be nice to know why and how i could fix it .

Edit :10min later Crashed again in the same Mirrorworld when entering and running 4 steps .

Greetings

It feels like your NVIDIA driver is corrupted, not sure if we will be able debug it. However I am sending you Private Message with request for file of your.

Greetings

• Official Post

Every time I close the game directly, I get a crash message. When I first go to my character selection and close it from there I don't get a message.

Greetings.

Can you screenshot your <game-directory> and <game-directory>/interface/ (if you have) to make sure you don't have any custom worldxml ui overwrite? You can send them at PM to me if you prefer.

Greetings

• Aren't there any more linux/wine users who play this game? Maybe someone got it to run? The old client ran flawlessly but with the 64bit client (yes, I did a fresh and clean download/install with no add-ons at all) I can start the game, login in and get to character selection. I can even create a new char. But as soon as I hit "Enter World" it stops loading during loading-screen always at the same point (waited 20+ minutes with sound/music continues playing).

For my specs:

linux kernel (Arch Linux): 5.9.11

Xorg: 1.20.9.r21.g5c400cae1

Mesa: 20.2.3

Nvidia: 455.45.01 (I have a GTX 1660 Super)

Wine: 5.22 (tried Win7 & Win10 settings)

dxvk-bin: 1.7.2

Maybe the devs can find a solution here with the next patches. In general the game starts fine and there are no glitches/crashes during character selection. It's just that I can't get into game.

P.S. there are no crash-reports btw. I just kill the process at some point.

• Most important addons are back so time to ask for things I do not like:

- Added game logo on startup // add option to game settings to remove it. On my drive (over 3GB/s read) I have to wait to put user name and password because logo seems to cover the game for about 1 sec. Moreover, I do not like this kind of effects and most games do not use it now.

- when I compare screen from 32bit and 64bit, contrast, brightness are too high for me. I could change it in my drivers settings for this game but most game have setting for this in game. Please add it, I usually work on my PC with text so my eyes are not used to this.

Things I really like:

- less crashes but they are, so just keep doing good work

• Crash while farming tiers in ibp. Is my second client, mostly empty. First crash while playing tho.

What fusion addon did you use ? New OptiFuse can cause crashes if you do a certain mistake

Greetings

If you identify a UFO as a UFO , then it becomes an FO. Unless it has landed , then it is simply an -> O

• I sent you a PM ;)

Greetings.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• Official Post

Hey ,

Greetings

Crash while farming stones in ToS.

Crash while farming tiers in ibp. Is my second client, mostly empty. First crash while playing tho.

Hey,
    my crash report i recieve yesterday. While during Melte in Gorge of Ice Giants.
    Highest Settings - Effects of other Players was off.

Edit: This Time again, Gorge Boss 1. during event

All these crash report are caused by same reason, we are unable to debug.

Please provide your graphics settings, addons list, class combos you used while got crash, screenshot of installed Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable (you can find it in your Programs & Apps in Windows), version of your system (for example Windows 10 Home 64-bit 10.0.18363).

Greetings

• Im not sure, but i noticed that on resolution on Full Screen, there are less problems with FPS than on Windowed mode. Also there is one more thing which im not sure if its only on my PC (i asked some ppl from guild, and they also have that problem): when i switch to Full Screen and ALT+TAB once, i cant back to Arcadia window. Only way to shutdown client is by process manager. Before patch it was possible to switch between full screen rom and others things, now its not.

Best Regards

• I just tried fullscreen mode, after always playing in windowed fullscreen.

i can confirm the alt+tab issue.

I did not have more fps, but way less, 9-15 by just standing around doing nothing, during bossfight fps dropped to max. 5.

after changing back to windowed fullscreen and restarting the client the fps kept to be the same, rebooting helped to solve that performance issue.

All this changes nothing about the performance issues i previously mentioned.

During all that I had a CPU and GPU usage of aroud 20%, same as always.

Cheers!

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• Official Post

Installed patch 10.4.0.1004 but still can't get into game since it hangs on the loading screen as described here: Patch 10.4.0.1000 - Game Engine Lifting, Autumn Banquet Festival feedback

Will the devs be able to do anything about it for a lonely linux/wine player anytime soon? :)

Hello,

Basically at the moment we can't really even test it on our own, also no any kind of written error or crash report is also not best case.

I did play this game some years ago at Wine from Ubuntu, so I know it was possible. But does it support also other 64 bit apps properly? Did you try different characters/account in case just one bugged somewhere? What are your addons and client.config.ini settings? Do you have any settings (SaveVariables, macros etc.) in Documents? Did you try create new character? What zone are you? Are all textures correct on login screen, no any white objects? Did you try all windowed/borderless/fullscreen modes? Is your emulator able to handle over 2 GB ram usage and over 2kkk bytes variables (meaning correctly configured for 64 bit)? Did you try without addons etc.? Is there any way you can give more specifications about win 7/10 you used (like is microsoft visual studio redist 2015-2019 installed there, edition of windows, cpu cores, ram amount)? Can you check at around what ram usage game closes? It always closes on same percent of loading bar? It closes instantly or after freezing? Idr how it works, is there any chance that we could remote connect to emulated application (like kind of team viewer to attach for game process directly)?

Greetings

• Since the current patch I suddenly have the problem that my game freezes after some time. Windows doesn't give me any feedback and I have to close the game. Before the patch I had neither crits nor other problems. Does anyone else have the problem or a solution for me ?

Thanks

#Play Champion Enjoy Your Life