Make CoA attractive again!

• Hi folks,

I was recently returning since I paused for about 3 years and noticed some issues which could turn off new players from starting on this server - both again and from scratch.

Short backgroundstory: Me and some players were switching from another server and wanted to start here again. I noticed that most of my ppl were averse to start as a new player, because there is less newbie-support than on like any other server. I also was participarting in the organisation of another project which is finished and closed now and I noticed that newbie-support makes a server more attractive by far, even in the long run.

So here I gonna present some suggestions for fixing this issue to make the server gre.... more attractive ;)

• min. x2 EXP Rate on Quests, even more would be better
    • Better starter gear (if it's still the old one I remember)
    • starting diamonds or other currency like rubies which can't be traded to prevent exploitation
    • starter mount, megaphones, potions, transportation stuff (things you can't use on an alt char for your main)

I'm sure there are possibilities to implement stuff like that. From my point of view, a stable support of new players is needed to avoid new players jump off since there are other servers that already have these features.

I also know, starting currencies isn't a good plan for many cases, since ppl can exploit it, creating new accounts and becoming rich by exploit. But I'm sure, you guys know ways to ensure avoidance of these matters.

As a returning player (what I actually am) it's not an issue. I already have all classes maxed out and all the stuff I need so far. But to be serious, as an entirely new player I wouldn't be motivated to start from scratch on CoA as it is atm and would rather choose another game/project. (no offense, but I was told by my dudes with exactly this argument)

Best

Zyrex

Approved the thread.
  • Hello Zyrex,

Thank you for your input.

We have done A LOT in the past few months for new players.

min. x2 EXP Rate on Quests, even more would be better

We have a multiplication of x10 EXP on all quests and mob kills. Currently, we are also working on other things regarding EXP multiplications in the future.

Better starter gear (if it's still the old one I remember)

The starter gear has been completely reworked in the past months.

It now has a whole new weapon, runes, and every single item is statted for the main class you get the gear with.

Also, we have added shields and offhand weapons for specific classes. All based on feedback we have gathered from our community.

starter mount, megaphones, potions, transportation stuff (things you can't use on an alt char for your main)

We have also added megaphones to a newbie bag some months ago, transportation stuff (like ink and house runes or normal transportation runes) are normal in the low level bags.

If I forgot anything, (except the free currency which will not happen) OR you have any ideas to KEEP CoA great (again), feel free to share your opinion.

Best regards

Ravo

• Hello,
    I started this game like 8 months ago and personally I've got no problem with the "newbie-support". And in the last months I think it got even better because of the new starter gear but more about that later. Today I have also every class on max lvl so I cant really put myself in the situation but maybe one of your friend is. So in this case I am just giving you my personal opinion on your suggestions and maybe add something to it.

min. x2 EXP Rate on Quests, even more would be better

I complete disagree with you in this point because you already get 10x more EXP than normal which is a huge amount in my opinion. I am happy that they reduced it from 14x to 10x because for some people (I know not everyone) likes to quest his way up to maximum and to much EXP could scare some people off because if you level to fast and can't fight against mobs or do quests on your level it could be boring very fast.

Better starter gear (if it's still the old one I remember)

As I stated in the beginning they changed the starter gear some months ago and it got better than the old one. You now get a complete gear for your class (except wings) which is stattet really really good for ur class. I.e. i've got the new chain equipment on my twink and every item is stattet with 5 str/patk and 1 str/stam stat on tier 9.. Everything is +16 and has four runes that match your class perfect. Your weapon is also now +16 and tier 13 which gives you a huge boost. Which brings me to your next proposal:

starting diamonds or other currency like rubies which can't be traded to prevent exploitation

I don't think it is needed to give starting diamonds because with the new starter gear you have a lot of potential to farm yourself some diamonds. I.e. in your postition that you come here with friends:
    - you can farm mementos and trade them for diamonds or get siege war titles with them (which helps you a lot in instances)

- you can farm setskills in a group which you can easily sell in the auction house for diamonds

- you could farm tier stones and sell them in the auction house

starter mount, megaphones, potions, transportation stuff (things you can't use on an alt char for your main)

If you are starting as a group and farm diamonds together like i stated above, you can buy all kinds of mounts, transportation-stuff etc.. If you wait for a weekend promotion all these things are all very affordable.
    I.e. permanent mounts for like 200 diamonds, 99 transport runes for 150 diamonds and so on.

I really like your thinking to make this server more "attractive" but I dont think your proposals really need a change..
    But I am sure if this thread gets seen enough more and more suggestions will fly in and we can discuss it all together ;)

Kind Regards Nghty

• Are you sure, regarding the Exp from Quests? My ppl started questing and ended up without any bonus (at least they told me so). That was the original reason why I was writing this thread. The real question is: Are the x10 EXP already displayed in the quest text boxes, since I get the same amount of EXP as displayed in the quest text.

Regarding the other points: I didn't tested all the stuff, I was just told that there were like nothing of that existing. If so, my information might be wrong I guess.

So this could be closed then, thanks for the information and sry about the misunderstanding, I completely trusted in the info I was told by the ppl I brought into game :rolleyes:

Closed the thread.