Getting Started

• Hello everyody. i just started playing CoA today and i'm quite lost despite the fact that i've played ROM before. i'm looking for a starter's guide so i can get familiar with the server, i've played a couple of hours and i haven't seen anyone that could give any hint as to how to play in this server. I also tried the forum but no luck either. the only thing that i remeber is that going Warden/Druid was a very good combo por soloing playing , so i was wondering if that still a "thing" or is there another combo more suitable for Solo PVE ?.

Thanks in advance.

• Hello and welcome to Arcadia !

I copied the following from one of my previous posts:

Regarding new players, CoA does offer many goodies, that allow you to catch up quickly with the rest of the server.

First off, The Lost Isle of Atlantis is basically the "new Varanas" here, meaning that it contains all the important npcs.

Atlas City:

- Hillary, to the left of the housekeeper: Exchanges Ancient Mementos for badges, allowing you to advance your siege titles very quickly

- Agnes, 38/49: Exchanges diamonds for gold. As you might have noticed, the auction house currency here is diamonds. Hence the need for such an npc.

-Jimmy Crane/Edward Wilson, 39/44: Arcadia Coins/Proof of Myth merchants. The coins are obtained in the custom instances of CoA, replacing mementos.

-Edwards, 38/56: More npc's that interact with coins

Itnal Camp:

- Training dummies/Baltons, 27/73: Allows you to level up your weapon skills, note that the Baltons have the highest level, you should use them

- Evangeline/Sophia: the daylie reward npc's. Evangeline gives you a great golden hammer (the one that hd's all your gear, making ld gear no problem to wear) and 2 transport runes. Sophia gives you 30 golden eggs, very nice to level up a pet/buy the necessary potions.

Moreover, you have one free spin of the Wheel of Fortune per day & character. Use them.

That being said, CoA offers a pretty neat lvl 80 starting armor once per character, that can be obtained in the starting zone of your respective race. Using this, you can start farming mementos and coins. Groups can ofc be found using the world chat, it's quite alive, trust me.

Mementos can be easily farmed in grotto of horror hardmode and for coins/your first arcadia stat (the purple ones you might have seen on ah) I recommend Secret Temple of Tikal.

Most of the custom instances require a pre quest though, so I'd suggest starting with that. It begins in front of the Temple of Mysteries in Dragonfang Ridge.

Regarding your choice of class, Warden/Druid is indeed a good soloing class ! It even got reworked/buffed on this server, granting you access to new skills/elite skills. Just make sure to play it with magical gear and you're good to go.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks for the fast reply and, yes it really helps. i've decided to lvl my Druid to 80 and use the Rope set that is given. Now, is there a way to quickly lvl my warden o doing the quest is enough ?

I just want to add that I usually did quests 10 levels higher than my actual class (for my subclasses).

So, if for example my rogue was level 50 and my mage level 104, I would do level 60 quests on my mage and complete them on my level 50 rogue.

This way it progresses very fast, and you'll easily have enough quests to level all 10 classes in the game this way.

Life is an enigma, and all we can do is our best to figure out what it means.

• Thanks for the fast reply and, yes it really helps. i've decided to lvl my Druid to 80 and use the Rope set that is given. Now, is there a way to quickly lvl my warden o doing the quest is enough ?

I just want to add that I usually did quests 10 levels higher than my actual class (for my subclasses).

So, if for example my rogue was level 50 and my mage level 104, I would do level 60 quests on my mage and complete them on my level 50 rogue.

This way it progresses very fast, and you'll easily have enough quests to level all 10 classes in the game this way.

Thanks for the tip. just one question, how do you get the 10 classes ? i've tried but it says that i can't have more than 2 classes.

• Thanks for the tip. just one question, how do you get the 10 classes ? i've tried but it says that i can't have more than 2 classes.

That is indeed the standard :) You can increase the maximum without any cost from 2 to 3 when your main and subclass reach level 20.

In the city of Varanas, Silverspring zone, there is an NPC in the Eye of Wisdom that can increase your maximum classes from 2 to 3 for free, from there on you will need to buy class expansion tickets from the item shop, as well as race changes in orde to retrieve the classes from other races (champion + warlock = dwarf specific, priest + knight = human specific, warden + druid = elf specific)

Life is an enigma, and all we can do is our best to figure out what it means.

• Reading the latest thread right in the sub-forum where you created your post and also some threads in the general headline forums should help you find your way, recently there have been a bunch of new players asking almost the same.

Furthermore reading a few of the most recent patchnotes and Game Features isnt a bad idea, since there are lots of changes being made.

Have a good start here :)

Cheers!

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• Thanks for the tip. just one question, how do you get the 10 classes ? i've tried but it says that i can't have more than 2 classes.

That is indeed the standard :) You can increase the maximum without any cost from 2 to 3 when your main and subclass reach level 20.

In the city of Varanas, Silverspring zone, there is an NPC in the Eye of Wisdom that can increase your maximum classes from 2 to 3 for free, from there on you will need to buy class expansion tickets from the item shop, as well as race changes in orde to retrieve the classes from other races (champion + warlock = dwarf specific, priest + knight = human specific, warden + druid = elf specific)

Thanks, that has been very helpfull. i'm progressing with my sub class rigth now as soon as i get to lvl 20 i'll try that :).

Closed the thread.

Added the Label Gameplay