Questions

• Hey everyone,

i played RoM years ago and wanted try out CoA mainly for nostalgia reasons. I had read that you get a lvl-80-boost here so my original thought was to just use that and visit the old maps, run some of the old instances solo. But now after playing some hours i had quite some fun and since Im at a pretty weak notebook that cant run newer games anyway, i want to stay and play some more. For that i have some questions. I remember that back when i left, the temple in Janost Forest was the newest instance and scouts were pretty op, since the highest difficulty mode of the temple used to drop a very powerful crossbow. So thats basically my last state of knowledge. Now to my questions:

1) What is a good secondary class for mage? Back then it was priest i think, but i read a lot about warrior/mages these days. Is mage/warrior also good?

2) What can you do ingame to earn some diamonds? Like what things are there to collect that you can sell well on the AH for some diamonds? I looked at direct diamonds-for-gold exchange and it seems to be really high. At least for a permanent mount i would need some.

3) When people in world-chat want to sell something for 65k, am i right that they dont mean 65k gold but 65k diamonds? If so then holy ... oO

4) Is it right that the lvl-boost doesnt work for the secondary class? If so, where are places to get some good gear for the leveling-process except abby? I tried windmill and thought about crafting and epic set from the mats there, but Hodu seems to be no longer dropping any of the crafting materials required. Is it bugged?

5) The lvl-boost didnt give me equipment for every slot. Where are some good places/quests to get some gear to fill into the still empty slots?

• Hello Johanna,

First of all welcome to chronicles of arcadia. :)

1.) Mages are not popular at the moment. Every party needs one mage/warlock (support). If you want to play magic dps, warrior/mage would be the best option for you.

2.) I hope this can answer your question: How to earn diamonds

3.) Sadly they mean diamonds. Since diamonds on arcadia are the currency which gold is on other servers, its not a big deal. Like people had +999kkk gold in the past, now some people have +1kkk diamonds here. There is a little inflation, but the gold npc is more expensive now and diamond promotions got reduced. Dont be afraid, at the beginning its a little bit confusing but after 1-2 weeks you can handle this unique payment system here.

4.) Every character you create can be boosted once and get some startet gear for it. When i started here, i used the boost for my secondary class and started questing with my main class.

5.) There are many options.. the fastest and easiest way would be buying some cheap old stuff out of the auction house.

You can also do minigames like goblin mine and buy some equipment-items for phirius shells. Same for mementos, proof of myths or arcadia coins.

I hope i could help you. If you have more question just pn me here or wsp Røflcøpter ingame.

Best regards,

Røflcøpter

• Hi, returner like you here.

On 2. I highly suggest the 30-day phirius mounts (boar or armoured bear) for 95 coins. With just one day worth of daily quests you have a mount for a month. I don't think I'll be looking to buy a permanent mount with diamonds any time soon.

Hope you enjoy your time back in Taborea ;)

• Hey, thank you a lot for the answers and sorry for my late reply. I played more and am now a 104/92 mage/warrior. That way i can play warrior/mage for mdps in instances when the time comes.

The tip with the timed mounts for phirius coins is great! I got the boar and am happy with it, although i might at some point switch to one of those ferret mounts just for the looks :)

Doing goblin mine somehow didnt work. Everytime on opening the chests i got the message "be at least lvl 50 to receive phirius shells." That happened all three times i tried, and last time i was lvl 104 already. Am i doing something wrong?

Also, where is the currency-list? I participated in an event in Celebria two days ago and got a stack of currency as reward. I right-clicked it and it disappeared, but where exactly did it go? It said something like "check the currency-list to confirm".

Thank you all for your help :)

• You can find the currency list on the 2nd lowest tab on the right side of your character info frame, where you can also see your gear and stats - to access it i think the standard shortcut is "c". If there is a direct shortcut for the currency list i dont know though. :D

Cheers!

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• Bu

Hey, thank you a lot for the answers and sorry for my late reply. I played more and am now a 104/92 mage/warrior. That way i can play warrior/mage for mdps in instances when the time comes.

[...]

Till then you should consider to also play Warlock - since even without good gear (for dps) you can support as Wl/M // M/Wl to get your dps gear

• Bu

Hey, thank you a lot for the answers and sorry for my late reply. I played more and am now a 104/92 mage/warrior. That way i can play warrior/mage for mdps in instances when the time comes.

[...]

Till then you should consider to also play Warlock - since even without good gear (for dps) you can support as Wl/M // M/Wl to get your dps gear

Well, i picked human, so i cant play warlock with it sadly. Or ist it different on CoA? I looked at Varanas classhall but could only find the usual 6 classtrainers for humans.

• Bu

Well, i picked human, so i cant play warlock with it sadly. Or ist it different on CoA? I looked at Varanas classhall but could only find the usual 6 classtrainers for humans.

Johana , you can change your Race with a Skill in the Item Shop :)

If you identify a UFO as a UFO , then it becomes an FO. Unless it has landed , then it is simply an -> O

Closed the thread.