Playernet under Linux

• As with a lot of other people i prefer to use Linux, Even with windows programs.
    So i decided to try the playernet app in Linux, Which starts up nicely. But quickly ran into a problem because the app wants to check for the installation of adobe and C++ 2013 automatically. Which results in the playernet app just sitting there doing nothing.

This presents a problem for Linux users simply because it will never find those programs at the expected locations, And most likely will not detect them in our virtual windows registry file, Even though they are already installed.

It would be nice if the playernet app had a check box that disables auto installation of these programs for non windows users.
    As it is now im installing it under Win 7, And of course I'll be running it from my Linux drive as soon as it's all setup.
    Thank you

• Well the problem is the fact that it's trying to search for those other programs. Not wether they are there or not. This is common problem with windows programs, Because they like to drag more programs into the mix with them. And wine doesn't handle that very well.
    So far I haven't been able to get the installer to go past the initial setup screen. However the runes of magic launcher works perfectly under Linux. So there is always the manual install option, But I was trying to get around that.

Those old systems are funny to watch. I have a room full of them. But I don't think i want to try this on my old TRS-80's. I never had a C64, I was into the color computer and started getting paid to program with those. Talk about a dead end career.

Closed the thread.

Added the Label Graphics/Engine