What tank classes are used now

• Yo Im Tankstax and I found this game/server from a thread on /r/MMORPG. When this game was called runes of magic my classes were knight+priest and knight+warrior and these were my primary tank comboz so I ask what is good now because the game has changed a lot since I last played

• Cheers,

the game itself hasnt changed it basically is runes of magic just not from the publisher you are used to. GF (pls dont ban me for using it lol) has absolutely nothing to do with this server here. When its comes to tank classes basically all kind of classes are used, you can do the basic version with knight/warrior or knight/priest to support the group or you can play a champion as tank to help with crazy amount of damage or you play a warden/warrior to tank and make damage. Play a class you want, you are not forced to play a special tank class here.

• warden/warrior does not make much sense because many bossfights last longer than 30sec. As the warden has less damage reduction or def increase than champ/knight/warrior (not counting feral leader which just helps for 30 sec) and deals a lot less dmg than a champ, AND always needs to care about the pet which can be targeted and killed in some fights, í would not recommend tanking with warden. And theres another reason why warden tanking is bad: briar shield from druid/warden increases incoming heal, which is nice for all tanks. The warden tank usually can not use it, because he needs his own, which increases pdef for more than 62%.
    To summarize: all knight tanks are great on this server, especially with the new shield. Champ tanks are also nice doing great aggro through dmg and having mass of pdef. Warden tanks suck, especially on this server because boss fights in higher instances or worldbosses last longer and heal can't be increased through briar shield(not talking about Hos HM).

• warden/warrior does not make much sense because many bossfights last longer than 30sec. As the warden has less damage reduction or def increase than champ/knight/warrior (not counting feral leader which just helps for 30 sec) and deals a lot less dmg than a champ, AND always needs to care about the pet which can be targeted and killed in some fights, í would not recommend tanking with warden. And theres another reason why warden tanking is bad: briar shield from druid/warden increases incoming heal, which is nice for all tanks. The warden tank usually can not use it, because he needs his own, which increases pdef for more than 62%.
    To summarize: all knight tanks are great on this server, especially with the new shield. Champ tanks are also nice doing great aggro through dmg and having mass of pdef. Warden tanks suck, especially on this server because boss fights in higher instances or worldbosses last longer and heal can't be increased through briar shield(not talking about Hos HM).

Well, the heal does not rly matter, because healer do overheal a lot anyways.

• Well, the heal does not rly matter, because healer do overheal a lot anyways.

Not if I heal - and then you wish you stack another sta/pdef somewhere. :P:D

How do you state Ch/R tank and what different you stat for DPS?

Well, the heal does not rly matter, because healer do overheal a lot anyways.

I think it does, a good druid can get to 700k single heal, a good tank comes close to 2kk lp. As some hits in higher instances/world bosses are quite high, heals above 1kk may be even necessary. Not possible on a warden tank.

• Gjiara is right here. healer can easily heal warden tank, so warden can tank high end instances.
    We have a player in our guild who likes to play warden tank from time to time so it is possible(Yes, he tanked Inferno). It was also easy for me to heal him so I don't get your problem.

imo the only situation when briar shield from druid is like really needed is when champion is a tank(but ONLY when he has his-50% heal received buff turned on).

Sandstorm - Polska Gildia :love:

Edited once, last by Visenya ().

Closed the thread.