Question about getting items in a party and targetting bosses

• Recently joined a guild and doing instances, and the guild is amazing :)

When looting, there's three options: a dice, a gold coin, and a red X. I don't know what to press. I press the X. Questions:

1. What's the general rule for "looting" when someone picks up these items, and
    2. After the bosses have been looted, do I also loot to make sure there's no mems as I think I may have missed out on a lot of them over the last few months. I simply didn't know.

About targetting bosses:

In Dalanis Nightmare, bosses spawn and I can't see them because of a bigger boss. The only way I can tell if they're there is to get closer and keep pressing tab. I died once doing this. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I do apologise if many of my posts make people laugh at me. I am trying and I simply don't know this stuff.

• Don't think people are laughing at you, there is no stupid questions, only stupid answers :thumbup: as a general rules in our guild we do this:

Need for your main class to USE gear or stat and if you don't use one or the other, offer it to others on that run. (Meaning if you only wanted the stat and not the gear, have a guildie send an ABL for gear or RAE for stat. BUT NOT FOR THEM TO SELL IT :huh: )
    Greed everything else for second class or otherwise or for selling
    Pass if you want but don't come and say you don't get anything :thumbdown:
    If unsure just ask in Teamspeak or chat before anything is press.

Whoever runs with us has the same equal chance to better themselves for FREE, but we are not about how much we could get for a stat or piece of gear in diamonds on AH to remain F2P either.

• Official Post

In Dalanis Nightmare, bosses spawn and I can't see them because of a bigger boss. The only way I can tell if they're there is to get closer and keep pressing tab. I died once doing this. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I am unsure if it enough help but you can do some things:
    1. Enable health bars in UI options so you can clik on them
    2. You can try eTargetList which is based on health bars but easiest https://mods.curse.com/addons/rom/etargetlist
    3. You can target mobs by mouseover using for example https://mods.curse.com/addons/rom/target
    4. Make focus from right mouse button on other player name in raid/party/target (and via settings you can set it like you wish)

Closed the thread.