Posts by espar91

i would suggest you to change your raid or develop better gameplay if you think warden needed to deal more damage instead of such a balance. because it was quite strong even with recent aoe nerf. ( i have t15 weapon )

You're the one that said you cant get through boss defense with your eq xd And now it will deal less damage

not having high patk doesn't mean class dealing low damage, problem is class was performing good eventhough low patk lol, which is causing it to overperform with proper buffers which probably the thing you are missing in your raid

i don't know which instance you are playing but my wardens weren't having enough patk out of burst to "get through boss defense" in rofl with t12 golden equipment, except wd/w and wd/s, and i assume balance is done for rofl rather than 4+ years old instances :D

George and rofl if you want to know and patt should be added i agree but WITHOUT damage loss, thats all.

i would suggest you to change your raid or develop better gameplay if you think warden needed to deal more damage instead of such a balance. because it was quite strong even with recent aoe nerf. ( i have t15 weapon )

Why you increased patt gain per strength and in the same time you decreased damage?xd It is pointless to have more patt when you can get through boss defense and have less damage .... Just please stop doing such changes to warden (and other classes too) just because some people that have t17/t18 weapon and are bored keep telling to do so...

i don't know which instance you are playing but my wardens weren't having enough patk out of burst to "get through boss defense" in rofl with t12 golden equipment, except wd/w and wd/s, and i assume balance is done for rofl rather than 4+ years old instances :D

Another thing about SCh vs. SWl:

Yesterday I ran inferno with my SWl (t14 staff, t12 magical xbow, golden gear t11/12) and we had a SCh in party (t6 gun, red rofl gear, t7 I think it was) and our dmg overall was quite equal, even burst was more or less equal. So I think, the SCh is waaaaaay too strong atm. I have no comparison from rofl so far, but a class with an untiered weapon and much worse gear shouldn't deal the same damage like my SWl I guess.

So I think, the current planned nerf for SCh is too less, or the SWl isn't as good as I thought... I mean, either the SCh is overpowered as hell, or SWl is weak... or at least feels like this.

inferno isn't a good environment to compare end game equipments imo, since you are one/two shotting mobs either with t6 or t15 weapon

That is already possible with some mdps classes, k/m, d/wl, wd/d, even w/m and m/ch in some situations. Although 100% def is a bit low, wd/d have 120% and is not enough on some places.

You should show me once how a d/wl can tank rofl. I tried this yesterday and got onehit by birds and b1 side-bosses with more than 400k hp and almost 1kk def. Maybe one should stat the entire gear on sta/sta - I used 7 tank pieces and 7 cloth mdps, but that's not the way for me.

This is the beginning of b1 fight, which wasn't possible by far as d/wl. Maybe with more than 2kk def and 1kk hp, but then I need some stats and gear I haven't seen yet :D

https://gyazo.com/45b699eb32c872914586771f6eb2eb34

i was in same run when madox tanked rofl, he had 600-650k hp as i remember

Yes I did a few days ago. It has the biggest burst of all scouts.

Yes but i dont agree its a 9% nerf a good idea :) maybe 5 would be ok but 9% is to much.

s/ch might need even more nerf consideRing even sOme Bad damage dealers can deal ok damage wIth it :/

it was quite broken last time i tried it compared to some magical dps. i mean i am aware that almost any pdps is able to beat mdps in common circumstances but s/ch just felt broken

can use it even entirely, it isn't using any special library of mine except StringExplode

Totally agree to this, but still you need to accept even those player who might not understand how mechanics and stuff works, who have higher pings than skyscrapers and these who play on their own built pc system for like 30 years now.

wait, what? why would i accept that people apparently have no idea about "how mechanics and stuff works" should get a boost just because some other people know how to play? i mean, instead of learning how to play -

if they have ping or old computer, thats their own issue, not related with class balance. it is like adding auto aim to players who have low fps in an first person shooter game.

On the other hand we got guilds that still struggle on Inferno, Tikal, maybe Gorge.

don't take it personally, if people are struggling with running tikal/inferno/gorge with current overboosted classes, then they should not call themselves a properly playing dps. even in 2018 these instances were possible to run with 1-2 dps with classes alot weaker than current class combinations.

What we want to say is that we compare rouges betwen rouges and in this comparison r/w and r/d are much more superior than other combos (maybe r/wd also as Lutine mentioned) and that should be fixed.

Oh and to say so, we compare full run dmg output not one single burst on mobs/bosses.

First: I compare single boss and full run damage.

Second: rogue/warden was 1 example. Did you ever played rogue/priest or rogue/champ for example. Rogue/Champ is maybe worst aoe class in my example but it is still good

I play all classes except auto-attack classes. That is why I cannot say anything about /Magen and /warlock

rogue/mage is actually far from being an auto attack class :D

issue of most rogues are, if party is fast because of any other dps, most of rogues can't reach their max damage potential due to unfinished combos on mobs, even rogue/warrior needs 6 seconds to finish his poison damage to reach maximum damage. in the other and if party is fast enough even warden/warrior (worst warden in my opinion currently) is inflicting decent damage because you can use the short time with your buffs active.

so if rogue/warrior feels too strong to you, that means people in your guild are trying to destroy damage of each other rather than trying to make run faster, like how it is happening in my guild, like everyone buffing up at same place in mobs so 75% of your buff durations are being wasted etc. it is like going inferno b4 and bursting from 90% to 64% with all dpses instead of using just one in 2017.

- rogue/mage has decent aoe yet it got buff with current patch which i have no idea what they are trying but it is now clearly a broken rogue for rofl in my opinion. its aoe was comparable to r/wd aoe, yet you are saying r/wd is too strong, it isn't logical, rogue/mage has strong aoe even with damage loss against extra targets. to compare, it doesn't make sense in terms of information, yes, because there is no indicator in tooltip or so, from devs, i would suggest to add damage loss on tooltip like they did for radius information.

- i am comparing proper rogue gear ( 3/3 dex/str build ) versus proper chain gear ( 6 str build ), 6 dex build isn't something to compare with anything, it is just cheap way of building leather and not best build so not eligible for a comparison. it is like comparing 3 dex 3 sta gear with 6 str gear and complaining why it isn't being better with r/wd, because 6 str is best build when 6 dex isn't.

re: rogue/champion
    Yeah, it's single-target burst potential is pretty high and it can also be a very strong supporter. That's why all I requested was making an elite feel less underwhelming and to increase the rate at which it can AoE (while decreasing the damage of the AoE). Outside of begging party members to run FT/SA, it's not much different from other rogues (even while support mechanisms are being used).

this class is making runs faster, so it don't need to be top dps yet it is most of the time.

re: rogue/druid
    You're saying 60kk dps to 15 mobs, which comes out to 4m dmg per hit. I'm assuming this is with cooldowns, since the damage is only 328% on Poison Shroud. 4m damage per mob every 4 seconds (cd of Poison Shroud) when mobs have 40m+ HP really isn't that much, especially considering you're using CDs for this comparison. R/wd can easily match that with 4x Power of the Wood Spirit (not to 15 mobs, but most aoe fights have < 6 mobs grouped up anyways) while also buffing pt dmg by 5% and weaving other skills between.

are you aware of existence of earth pulse skill? because it is literally same as r/wd potws, but not limited to 6 targets and has no damage loss for each extra target. i am dealing 8kk damage per hit with this skill, and it has no gcd. it is hitting all 15 targets for sure because it is hitting only to targets between you and target, and still having 60kk per sec while bursting groups.

re: rogue/mage
    I don't understand your feedback -- the only change I requested for R/M is that its AoEs don't see a damage drop-off to the same degree many other AoEs do (such as M/D, M/K, M/Ch... etc.).

why it is requiring an aoe increment if class is already doing great in overall? it don't need to beat everything in everywhere.

re: rogue/warden
    Please read what I said if you're going to try to criticize it. I said leather needs more class identity, and sharing one of the most powerful rogue classes with chain goes against that. I'd love to see a DPS comparison between r/wd with chain vs leather gear (same tiers, changing 6/0 dex/patt/deftness vs 6/0 str/patt/endurance) to back up this claim that seems to be made so often. In all the testing I've done in the past, dex/str modifiers make a negligible difference in burst dmg, and minor (5% or less) in sustain. As your damage increases using str vs dex makes less of a difference since it just adds base dmg, rather than scaling with att/dmg.

devs already mentioned that they aren't planning to make rogue a 6 dex build months ago, so i don't know what are you trying to say. 90% of server is using 3/3 build for rogue already and that is identity of this class here.

re: tikal mobs as a class indicator
    The point was AoE damage from Enlivened Blade shouldn't drop off so much; the instance I gave as an example doesn't matter, AoE damage went from 400k/hit with Enlivened Blade to 12k/hit while mage/druid were still hitting for 500k+ per hit regardless of the number of mobs being hit.

how come instance doesn't matter? xD i am playing r/m in rofl and 30-35% of my overall damage is from enlivened blade as most damage, so what is the problem? maybe you are using wrong offhand so it is dealing low damage since its skills are dealing double damage and one is depending on your offhand, similar to r/wl white hits.

i am still thinking r/m is better than 7/9 of mage combinations in overall, and not in an 2015 instance

rogue/druid is best aoe burst rogue so far, yes it is weak for single target sustain and not so impressive single target burst, but dealing 60kk damage per sec against 15 mob is insane and also sustain against +3 mobs is impressive as well.

cheers

I need to disagree with that. Also rogue/champion does more AOE damage than rogue/druid. With the 70th elite Disassembly Shadow you hit twice every mob with every AOE skill and you have 5 of it. Some of the skills won't hit 15 mobs yes, but 2 of the 5 will do it and this will do many damage, that every trash group with 15 mobs does not even survive till you can do you last skill. (in our groups. I know we are full golden geared. Maybe the damage will scale in other directions if mobs are living longer)

yea it does matter of party i guess. my party was killing them in around 7-8 seconds so had plenty of time to use several earth pulse. earth pulse of rogue/druid is maybe a forgotten aoe skill that didn't get a damage nerf for each extra target, like rogue/champion - warrior/rogue, thatswhy it feels quite strong for me.

i disagree with most of these ideas/suggestions, especially about buffing rogue/druid, rogue/champion and rogue/mage.

first of all, rogue is probably one of fewest classes that has this many options to play in game as a viable dps.

rogue/mage is probably one of the best rogue combos if it isn't best, it just matters of play style. i would place this class around r/wd in terms of burst and aoe sustain, stronger aoe burst than r/wd, and if you do the thing correctly it also has stronger single target burst. only disadvantage of this class is requiring dual tiered weapons, like rogue/warrior or warrior/rogue, or even rogue/warlock unless you need the physical attack from your statted offhand to compensate under.

rogue/champion is a support that is strong as much as a mage/warlock in my opinion, aren't you noticing supportivity of this class while still having huge amount of burst potential? it also has plenty of aoe stuns that can't be ignored.

rogue/druid is best aoe burst rogue so far, yes it is weak for single target sustain and not so impressive single target burst, but dealing 60kk damage per sec against 15 mob is insane and also sustain against +3 mobs is impressive as well.

i didn't play rogue/priest yet after last nerfs so can't do a comment about it.

how rogue/warden is being designed for chain classes when it is dealing more damage with leather gear?

rogue/scout is like rogue/mage without gusting blade rain + chaos dagger but with perma hell blades. weaker burst constant sustain but it isn't enjoyable in my opinion so i would like to see a rework on this class.

rogue/warlock, it was weaker than all other rogues that i tested this week, but it wasn't a disaster like everyone else complains, just reducing cooldown of buff back to 60 seconds should fix that class since it has higher single target burst than any other rogue combo as long as your physical attack is enough for the instance.

also i don't think anyone is considering tikal mobs as a class indicator since it is a 5 year old instance.

cheers

correct me if im wrong, but in overall 2.6% (for both t12 rings) crit damage won't give you even half of its actual value as damage output, it will give you;

- 0.85% more overall damage if your average crit is 65%

- 0.88% more overall damage if your average crit is 70%

- 0.91% more overall damage if your average crit is 76%

- 0.96% more overall damage if your average crit is 85% which is very hard to achieve

and saying 1% attack gives you 1% damage output wouldn't be entirely correct because it has an exponential graph until you have enough attack then continues to increase logarithmic until you have 2x (not entirely sure about this, it might be 10x too) attack value equal to your targets defense (which is hard to achieve for rofl bosses without mage/warlock), after that points, attack increment will be useless, but, on our current state, even if 1% more attack would give you 1% more damage, another 1% will give you more than 1% damage until you reach that limit as long as formula isn't changed by devs

i would like to know your test method because for me, even when i reach 2.5kk attack values, hot stew was insanely providing more damage output than 18% damage food in rofl. also most of the mages could confirm i believe even 18% matk food is better than 18% damage food in rofl. maybe my results are like this because lack of debuffers but i don't think there is a such buffer who can debuff every single unit in instance defense-wise, unless you are comparing only bosses.

cheers

there was examples: do u realy think i should describe all changes? now nerf p/w with buff d/w in the same patch is too oblivious

if you think p/w is nerfed too much and useless now, you should reconsider your playstyle, it is still strong dps class and idk why you compare it with d/w, d/w isn't even viable enough to be a good dps in tikal yet but as a weird healer option

anyways, rogue/mage needs to be nerfed on its sustain side for sure, preferably before people start to sell their other weapons immediately to buy dagger, i guess

cheers

Hi, for me I like the idea to wear Chain on r/ch, I think you will not deal the same dmg like a player with leather gear who has dex too, but I think it will be fine with the new changes on r/ch. And now I want to talk about Warden 😉 I love that class but depence on other classes, his Single target dmg is a little bit to weak. I Liked to see Warden/Druid with pdd gear. But now he got patched and deals normal Warden/pdd dmg. I would share Warden need a little bit buffed too. Btw Ciron got Aggro reduce, Oak Walker need that too.
    Gratz Blaxx

you feel that warden is weak because our guild is a magical dps house, we are running with more than 2 mage buffer most of the time and never buffing physical classes with extra attack speed etc which is the way making warden strong i believe

classes using slow weapons are getting strong once you have high attack speed buffs unlike rogue, as rogue is always around cap so further buffs aren't helping which is sad

i tested it on the first day, if they didn't revert it, attack speed is capped at 0.5 now unlike pre-patch, i was reaching 0.23 speed values with bow, now i can't

attack speed in char info screen != damage of skills.

The attack speed cap (2 hits per second per weapon) does not mean, that you does not do more damage with more attack speed buffs with skills. Otherwise you would do less less less damage as rogue than pre patch.

there is source code of chapter 6 runes of magic in a forum that i don't want to share name here, i would suggest you to download it and read physical damage output formula or just do simple tests like i did years ago.

just fyi, there is no other "hidden" attack speed value that breaches the cap

idk if you do already, but in case you don't, maybe you should consider using xbow instead of bow then if you want to burst for real since they capped attack speed; clearly, bow is for sustain, not burst anymore

What do you mean? Attack speed is capped for auto shot, that you can't use it 5 times per sec anymore. More attackspeed still pushes the damage and that makes no difference for e.g. Snipe with bow or xbow. The bow dps counts for Snipe. If you play Scout as "only auto shot", then yes, xbow would be better. But after the fix of attack speed cap, the xbow lost auto-shot machine gun like the bow and that's why skills will do more damage -> bow > xbow.

Don't seduce new or unexperienced players to get a xbow, which is worse than bow

Greetings

i tested it on the first day, if they didn't revert it, attack speed is capped at 0.5 now unlike pre-patch, i was reaching 0.23 speed values with bow, now i can't

and just a simple math result, that means your burst is nerfed to 50% on burst with bow

idk if you do already, but in case you don't, maybe you should consider using xbow instead of bow then if you want to burst for real since they capped attack speed; clearly, bow is for sustain, not burst anymore

well logarithm arguments are increases/decreases exponential too if im not really bad at maths XD and you can simply make your arbitrary calculations, give 1 patk to you and 100 def to target and calculate, you will see increment is decreasing on every further step

edit: it seems im bad at maths since exponential is only stands for "increasing increments/decrements", so i mean it has "decreasing increment" so yea logarithmic xD