Posts by Madox

Heyho,

I had a break and saw that Flame got nerfed by 20% for all mage classes. The only classes that used flame for dps are already the weakest mage classes. /warrior for example is the worst mage class atm and one of the only 2 (/scout) that still use flame as their main single target (burst) spell. Other mage classes dont even use flame anymore - only for buffing.

Are there any changes planned atm? Or maybe some changes for the /warrior especially? Maybe reverting some of the nerfs would change its position but it would be very nice to know if there will be a change for this class(or flame)^^

I wouldn't call what mage/scout does with flame as "burst" because it isn't haha is a shame the dmg it does tbh 8o

Also for the Mage/rogue.

While I agreed that this combination had to be nerfed since it was way too strong I think you nerfed Cursed Fangs a bit to much. Even after Flame got nerfed "Cursed Fangs" deal only ~80% of Flames damage, and that is while I buffed my elemental darkness damage. So atm it is only usefull to cast this skill once every 60sec, so you are able to cast "Kiss of the Vampire" and the rest of the time you have to cast "Flame" which is not doing that much damage anymore. (All of this compared to other Mage combinations that use other casts.)

So maybe you could increase the scaling of "Cursed Fang" again (not to the point it was at the beginning) but at least to a level where its actually usefull to cast this spell.

Greetings.

I agree, the last 30% dmg reduction on this spell was not necessary, It made the class unviable. I would suggest to atleast take a step back on that change and check if that is enough because others nerfs on passives came after that one.

I also think this class should use the energy from rogue as a non global cd cast single dmg skill or something, maybe throw?

Bugs:

Warden/Druid

-Blade of Protection, Isn't doing any dmg or anything, is just not working.

-Thorny Vines dot has physical parameters cose is doing 9k, which is nothing.

Removing physical hits from this class, pet only using cc as trigger and the passives nerfed, my sustained dmg was decreased by 60% which make it pure trash compared to any other dps. Wd/d magical dps just died with this patch, M/R 2.0. When will you stop creating classes to just destroy them few weeks later, is starting to be annoying.

Good to know as tank the skills werent doing proper aggro cose the aggro was really low.

A few opinions before trying anything in RoFL:

- WD/D: Reduced Sepal Stab damage by 90%. Dear Lord I need some testing but this is scary as hell.

TESTED: Is good, pet is slowly to catch up specially on mobs but this change gave a little boost on burst which this class was missing. Pet dmg is enough.

- M/R: Reduced Kiss of the Vampire damage increment to 10%. Yeah, keep nerfing it. This class sustain and burst is a joke. Is literally the worst mage combination and nerfs never stop. Every time i see a nerf on this class I feel like im being recorded and someone will appear to sprank on me and say, Hey it was a joke! Happy April Fools Day!?(

- Mage: Reduced cooldown of Purgatory Fire to 1 second, changed cost to 8% MP. M/CH: Changed Ion Storm to affect area spells too. Thank you for taking a step back on both. The huuuuge mana cost will need to be tested.

TESTED: Is insane, this skill dmg is ridiculously low compared to literally any other class (like 10 to 20 times less dmg buffed) to cost 8% mana.

- M/S: Fixed class pet wasn’t scaling MP, based on owner attributes. Finally! THX!

Added Haidon’s Arcane Arts effects to custom auras. That is so so so nice! I ask the same as Asmo, any chance to have both? If this remove the crashes for going to Varanas it makes sense we could have both so we dont need to go there.

Hey, there. With latest balance changes, I saw an opportunity to bring some real magical tanks into game, not just knight/mage. For example, warden/druid is really good on this, fun to play and pleasant to tank. I would like to suggest the option to get a magical tank gear when we refine a piece, something that give extra aggro instead of taking it away. It would help some weird magic combinations to tank and avoid atleast a small part of aggro problem for not having a 200% extra aggro skill like knight and champ :P I wait to see some comments.

Regards, Madoxx.

Did the healers get their things back after using protectors? Or warrior/mage after doing wand? I think this is a lost case already, people probably have accepted that.

Hmm I think I found a bug on warden/druid. The pet Oak Walker, is supossed to do a Sepal Stab every time I do a critical Charged Chop, the problem is charged chop hits magical and physical and it takes the physical one as main hit, so the pet only does this extra sepal stab when physical hit do critical damage, not when is the magical hit doing it. Please check this, we are mdps, our physical critical is nothing :P

But there is a minimum of players you need for it. With a 12 people raid, it is no problem, but what if there are no guild members online and you are at boss 2 with only 4 people? :(

When we asked to reduce Gorge B2 from 8 players tactic to 6, we got publicly whipped and people kept opposing this proposition for months. Now people ask for 4 players tactic instead of 6. Well, I disagree, as Devain says, for 4 players there is normal mode.

Disabled Ion Storm trigger for area effects.

You already did Halved damage of Ion Storm, reduced maximum stack to 4., What is the point of removing it for aoes? Why this constant hate on mages having aoe dmg?

Change Ion Storm trigger to OUR target and add 200 distance to it or better, add it as selfbuff like m/d, no more going melee to use it and buffing mobs for an insane op class like r/ch.

I dont understand why on every patch you create a new usable mage and on next patch, is gone. The line between opness and being useless is really thing and you are crossing it on every patch you do, hello mister mage/rogue.

Edit: Don't destroy wisdom and heal over time, is the best change out of this balance so far.

Last changes thoughts:

Mage/Scout, yes shot is a strong skill but is the only reason why this mage can do a good sustain and try to compete with champs, it shouldn't be used during burst since flame is way better on that phase.

Mage/Rogue last changes literally made the class the worst mage, the possibility to use a second curse rune made it a decent sustainer without losing dmg for not wearing a staff but now the dark skill to do dps is a shame. Probably passed from the best 3s cast skill to the worst out of all combos. Remember this one didn't have eruption like other mages so, why this insane nerf to that skill, right now the dark passive is useless since flame is a better damage dealer to use.

Rest of mages (except maybe m/w) still lack some %cast somewhere as sutain, yes adding house pot working with ancient water helped but isn't nearly enough while champ or rogues are on action, good luck casting flames without cast buffs on mobs :D

I repeat myself on this, purge damage is reeeeeeeeeeeally low compared to other aoes, please remove its cd and add each combo elemental dmg instead of everyone using fire.

Bug reports:

Mage/scout pet mana isn't adapted to owner gear/buffs, it has only 20k and it runs out of mana after a few flames.

Champion Shock Overload is hitting B3 worms while being inside doing organs.

New bags: Trying to gear a piece up using C panel isn't working, the piece never shows and need to open the bag to manually wear it.

Same problem with new bags, extended action bar isn't working correctly, items (although they can be used) appear on grey color, don't show the number of them you have either the cd they have after being used. Any hero around to fix it :P

I understand purge from m/r was doing too much with x2 hits so doing x1 is normal but adding 2secs cd for all mages? <X

EDIT: Purge tested in rofl, this new change instantly destroyed any chance to do decent aoe dmg, literally any other dps destroyed me. Please reconsider removing the cd.

Also purge should do the elemental dmg of the class, like m/r doing dark dmg, m/d should do earth for example.

I have a question about the Mage/rouge skill "Shadow Shroud" (ID 492927). Would it be possible to change this into a buff? Although I like the change, because the damage of that skill before the patch was way to strong and overall your aoe skills deal more damage, there are some situations in instances whrere it would be better to recieve 10% less damage than to deal more damage, so it would be nice if you can choose whether you want to activate this or not.

Also about mage/rogue, I would like to report what I think is a bug. The skill Gift of the Baron is taking 5% of your HP every second and Night Refuge is a 3 hits inmune but both together dont work, your own bleed consume those 3 hits inmune in a moment. Could you please change it so your own bleed to take it off?

Also Gift of the Baron kills you if you HP is lower than what the skill requires. Could that be fixed aswell so the skill go off instead of killing you?

Thank you.

Hi i don't know if someone metioned it already but i'd like to say that after today's patch warden/druid got changed for a magical class as it was before and i think that it shouldn't be this way cause wd/d had a chance to be new interesting physical class with chain equipment and now if you don't have mage gear, again you have to stick with wd/w or wd/s cause wd/d won't be good with your chain equipment. Please change wd/d to the way it was before todays patch so that people that have warden and chain gear can enjoy new combination.

It was a magical class since first day of game, elite with white hit was magical. What people experienced the last few days using physical gear with this class was a bug when developers tried to increase the magical side, which is the intention of this class since game got their elites.

I agree with Madoxx post about the mages but if there are changes like this please don't add a talisman like aldo which is even stronger with all elemental damage. It would make the 2h staff useless for every class then and i like the fact that 2h staff is now a viable good weapon.

then better a skill ^^

This is a huge huge patch we all were waiting, really nice and deep in class changes. Lets go:

Mages:

M/R feels now really balanced after yesterday patch, it doesnt have the best burst, sustain or aoe but pretty decent in all those aspects making this class really fun to play.

M/S have the best sustain and that is what this class should be doing since 5 min casting buffs or guitar is useless for its burst tho.

All the other mages combo got really interesting now since all have their own elemental damage and a 3 second cast spammable skill, good job with that. I still see 2 handicaps with mages, their sustain is low (m/r have 2 cast runes and m/s have shot-spam, nothing to say, even m/w have cast skill 50% of the time), i would suggest some skill or passive to increase casting or even a golden aldo talisman with all elemental dmg increase (not only fire) so we can have 2 cast runes in our sustain dmg.

The second handicap is their aoe dmg, is a shame xD M/R got really nice improvement on this point having their purge doing x2 dmg, fire and dark. Why not make that for all mages combos? fire + their elemental dmg so all can have some aoes.

Noone of these changes would increase their burst, only their aoe/sustain dmg so they can keep up with rest of dps and/or m/r, m/s and m/w.

About leather classes using dexterity only, I support this idea. You guys are finally trying to make wisdom usefull, why not make this change with dexterity now aswell? It there is a good time for it, this is it. #Deftness stat should be used.

EDIT --Warden / Druid.

Sustained dmg and aoes are really decent now, i take back what i just said :D. Still need some burst from somewhere tho.

I have to admit i would have never imagined adding 2 second cast skills into this class and making them instant but with cast dmg was possible, that was nice xD Couldnt try much this class but the few tests i did, removing the dmg of white hit make that these changes are just not enough to use this class as endgame dps. I would say to increase those skills to 3 second cast since its earth passive dmg is way lower than mage one. Other thing, this class have almost non existant burst, mostly all ISS and short buffs are for pdmg, any thought about adding them for magic? I would really like to try this class. Another proposition, please bring the taunt back, my mage tank gear could be used with this class as we could with warrior/mage :P

These are just my thought about the classes i play, btw thx for fixing briar and m/r 15 min buff.

Leather classes like rogue and scout does not have more physical attack than class like warrior or champ. Why? Because champion and warrior are getting 2 physical attack per str point. (Warden only get 1,5 points. But wardens are imho very strong, especially the wd/warrior with his 2 physical attack buffs)

Scouts and rogues become less than 1,5 points physical attack from str and dex. scouts for example are getting only 1,2 physical attack from 1 point dex. If this would be changed, that scouts/rogues does not get any physical attack from str, than the amount from dex should be increased. overall the rogues have the lowest physical attack with same gear of all classes, followed by the scout...

And btw: as mdd, you can play every mdd class with just 1 gear (inclusive weapon) while pdds need for every class another weapon. And you can play for example rogue/warden with chain gear

The whole point of his suggestion is first, making deftness stat worth to use (now is useless while endurance and press are really good) and second, make leather dont needing pain so less fight for it. I agree, leather classes should increase dexterity to 2 points or whatever is needed to fit what they have now with str+dex.

About all mdps using same stats well, mostly 2 kind of mdps vs 5 kind of pdps. Wouldnt be bad to have 2 mdps, 2 leathers and 3 chains with their own class related stat.

Is just a suggestion.