Posts by Amzi

Hello,

The changes made towards newcomers, along with the restriction of the wheel of fortune and now also the mems -> dias NPC...

This all makes me extremely worried about the future state of the game regarding f2p vs p2w.

These changes make it clear to me that you want the playerbase to buy more diamonds, for example with the XP change and the addition of Lv105 boost pills..

There was no reason whatsoever to do this, except to push people to buy those pills.

And now the same with the mem -> dia exchange NPC, why was that necessary?

F2P people rely on methods like that to farm diamonds, if this was abused by anyone then I feel like the way they abused it should be nerfed and not the NPC itself.

Please, give us a clear vision of what you want to achieve here? Because you claim you want the game more accessible towards new people, but all these changes make it even harder to get into the game, and that doesn't just apply to new people but also to existing players.

Thanks.

First and foremost I want to thank you for all the work you've put into it!

I know it's been a long road and probably a long journey to come still.

However, I have some feedback from initial tests:

PROS:

- I like the area around the flat plains on the new styles, they're beautifully arranged

- With all the new building styles (walls, decorative items, ...) we can truly make the space our own without being bound to 5 different structures, but ...

- The scaling of furniture is *AMAZING*, can't believe this has never been a feature before.. This was so necessary!

CONS:

- ... I'm not fond of how expensive this new housing system is, for example a single piece of castle wall costing 75 diamonds.. By the time you've made the space your own, you're out 100.000 diamonds which to me is frankly unacceptable

- I don't like that you start with an entirely empty plain, I wish there were some basic houses/structures you could choose from that come with the style you chose so it doesn't look so.. empty :)

- I *really* don't like the change where non-summoned furniture isn't giving their furniture bonus, this used to always be the case!

I have to admit I now changed back to one of the original houses until those cons are fixed, they're truly blocking issues to me

It would be nice if lower level instances could be changed to reflect the average gear score in the party.

For example, the average gear score is 2000: Bethomia bosses have 1.800.000.000 HP or something instead of their usual 90.000.000 ish along with other increased stats (atk, def, ..).

I think the custom implemented 'gear score' attribute almost asks for a change like this, and I think taking the average of the party as a starting point should work just fine.

Perhaps a new difficulty mode could be implemented as well:

- easy (original)

- normal (original)

- hard (original)

- "According to gear score" (new)

That way the original instance difficulties can still be played.

The "According to gear"-difficulty's rewards could also go according to average gear score, e.g 1400-1600 = tikal level rewards, 1601-1800 = inferno level, 1801-2000 = gorge level, 2001-2200 = rofl level, ...

This might be a lot of work initially, but I urge you to think about this :) this way you don't have to implement/rework entire instances anymore and should just be able to alter mob/boss attributes according to a dynamic value.

EDIT 1:

About rewards, instead of dropping actual gear perhaps Proof of Myths could be dropped instead (more or less according to gear score), and those stats (tikal,inferno,gorge,rofl,dark core) could be pulled from those instead.

Given the respawn time on worldbosses, this would be incentive for people to just run the instance they want and still get rewards for it.

People would then still need to run the custom instances to get gear/cores/...

Found it .... Devs, quite an important bug imo. :)

Warlocks are already classified as supports, don't make their lives even worse.

Regarding timers, a friend of mine has found a solution to avoid timers.

Saving the current time when your skill was casted with "GetTime()" and then comparing the difference of that registered time against the current "GetTime()" with your condition is a very efficient way to avoid timers.

Not quite the solution you were looking for probably, but this works really well when there's no other way.

A simple (quick and dirty) example function that does something like this:

Hello,

Not sure if it's been listed before (I couldn't find it at least), but Warlock has this extremely annoying PSI bug that often messes up my rotation.

Sometimes after death, relog or class change it'll show I have 6 PSI.. Game functions like "GetSoulPoint()" also thinks I have 6 PSI..

However, when trying to cast a spell that needs PSI (or activating Willpower), it doesn't work because I don't REALLY have PSI.

Using a spell like Psychic Arrows that affects PSI (increase), the right PSI is shown and I can use skills requiring PSI again.

I can't always reproduce it, but it seems to happen most in the above listed situations (death, relog, class change).

Thanks for having a look at this, it would be a great quality of life fix :)

If this is a duplicate, feel free to close this of course.

I think you do have to follow the morrok questline from start to finish in order to open new zones.

For example, Wailing Fjord is a zone you most likely were teleported to by one of your fellow players.

Normally this zone opens through questing the Morrok questline.

It starts in Aotulia Volcano, in the main village there is a 'Snoop the Stubborn' teleporter, near the teleporter you should find a masked "Morrok Wallinder"

Speak to him, and the rest should be easy :) That full quest line is also on Google, in case you get stuck somewhere along the lines of it.

Questhelper (an addon) can also be very useful in finding where you are with the questline

Thx for your answer - but no thats not the problem ... sometimes it stops after the first 6-10 items ... and the mod is much slower as normal. As I said - the receiving is very fast ... there is a problem with sending.

I can confirm that this add-on suddenly stops, sometimes after 5 items, sometimes after 40, .. but it just randomly stops and just clicking 'Send' again makes the add-on continue.

Not sure what could be causing this, I'd have to have a look at the code to find out

I was gone from the game during that time so not anyone's fault, but I am also pleasantly surprised that I am enjoying the new elite skills! (doing happy dance) I have been trying them out and they are actually going to work out and I am having some new fun on the game with them;) Logun

Often people react before actually trying things out :)

If the balancing was that bad, people wouldn't be playing anymore.

So the devs must be doing something right, there's so many new combos to play and while I do personally miss the old ch/r and w/m, there's plenty of fun combinations we can play instead!

And many of them still play like they did before (I'm thinking of r/m, m/w, s/wd, ..).

Yes but as i undrstood it will be much better to play as mdps ,but maybe i am wrong , but still, why one more mdps, like it alredy doesnt have to many other combos, from druid,from warlock,mage,scout even knight . They could rework S/k for example so more ppl can play that combo .

I agree that every combination should be playable and that's ultimately also the goal of this whole balancing, but don't forget that every mage plays roughly the same.. With leather you can play rogue or scout, and among those the subclass combinations play very differently. So while we may get an extra combination to play, S/M is the first combination that's different from just standing there and casting one skill.

Mage:

- M/P => Tide Burst spam

- M/S => Flame spam

- M/W => Flame spam

- M/D => Mother Earth's Blade spam with the occasional Mother Earth's Wrath every 3rd cast

- M/K => Holy Light Strike spam

- M/R => Cursed Fangs spam

Warlock:

- Wl/S => Severed Consciousness spam

- Wl/M => 4x Soul Pain into Soul Brand Sting spam

I don't count S/Wl here because it simply doesn't keep up from my tests.

Haven't tested Wd/D since the pet buff.

So yes, plenty of combinations to play with magic gear, but they all feel like one and the same since all you do is spam one skill after buff up.

And don't get me wrong, mages are super strong.. but what they gain in strength, they absolutely lack in fun to play.

Win10 provides compatibility down to Win95, so I would dare to say that Win11 will support "old" software in a similar way, otherwise they should have some problems selling their new OS. ;)

Cheers!:thumbup:

Nevertheless it's a valid question, considering win11 won't be able to run on every PC given it's need for TPM v2.

If that's different, other things might have slight differences too that could introduce bugs, crashes, ...

I think we'll have to let the devs tinker with it before we can expect a definitive answer.

Hello,

I urge you to reconsider this request.

I think s/wl underperforms compared to it's warlock and mage counterparts.

Hello,

I usually do most of my farming on my mage class, meaning my mage class now has 520kk+ TP unspent and every mage combination is maxed out.

It would be nice if it were possible to turn this excessive TP into an orb or something that can be used on a different class, for example physical classes (for which I don't have gear to farm on)

Thanks for considering this!

Amzi

Just use "Soul Pain" and/or "Heart Collection Strike" . Since these skills don't trigger a gcd and you normally cast Soul Pain with 0.5 its much faster than perception extraction. (It still takes a while but its a lot faster than 4x perception extraction.

Greetings.

That is a good point, thanks for the tip! I'll try it out :)