Posts by Amzi

I'm playing that class in rofl a lot. I took that specific debuff as some kind of support for dark damage classes that aren't using it themselves (such as Mage/Rogue). However, changing the debuff to increase poison damage would make the class too strong I think. I mean, it's +9.2% dark damage atm. Another "permanently active" 9.2% poison damage on multitarget would be insane.

Thank you for clarifying :) I wasn't sure how well the class performed in high end content

Hello,

Regarding Scout/Warlock, I was wondering if it's intentional that the debuff from this skill is not altered:

671ddd1bcb3b9f35af6ed3e0a4359517.png

It still reduces "Dark Damage" by 9.2%, while all Scout/Warlock's skills have been transformed to Poison Damage.

Perhaps it could give this class a small boost if this was changed to Poison Damage?

(I'm not sure if the class needs a boost, just a suggestion :))

Honestly I feel like Warlock/Mage is even slower to get going..

You need to cast 4x perception extraction before you can do anything, and with GCD and everything else going on, it really takes a while before you can get going.

But then again, these are utility/support classes and not straight up DPS classes, so they also shouldn't be the ones outdps'ing other classes

I think he means, when you use the skill 'Attack' on a friendly NPC (Or in the case of this daily quest, click on a crystal on the ground) the mount doesn't automatically ride to it like it would with other mounts but just stops after a short burst of going forward.

Another mount, I think, with this problem is the flying carpet.

And like he says, the only thing you can do is point-click on the ground and the mount will ride to that point without an issue.

A question regarding Aquatic Storm (492928) of Mage/Priest. Is it possible to let the damage numbers appear while the skill channels and not after? It is just my personal opinion but I find it really confusing and half of the time I think I have a crit because on every other channels I use , e.g. Thudnerstorm, the damage numbers appear while channeling and not after.

Greetings.

I reported this basically on the day it was out aswell, I was told it was fixed “but only in zones that were restarted”, yet so far I’ve not seen a change either :)

Hello :)

It's been reported a lot of times ingame and on the forum, GM Wells said in-game that the developers are aware and working on it.

I think this skill is bugged, upon usage it should increase my matk by 13% but it decreases it by 13%.

I go from 456k to 397k matk which is basically 13% decrease.

Edit:

Also, the skill below is castable while walking and I don't see any mention of it in any elite skill.

I dont know if u allready know but there is a Custom Bufffood called "Experimental Dwarfen Ale" that heavily regenerates all kinds of ressources including PSI Points over 30seconds. The recipe can be bought at the Arcadia Coin Merchants behind the Guild Castle NPC

Greetings

My bad, you’re totally right :) i forgot about that one for a second there.

This is unintentional behaviour and will be fixed with next patch.

Greetings

Thanks for the clarification, Byte!

May I suggest prolongueing the time before PSI points start to drop?

Just a little, because it’s often impossible as a warlock to gain access to willpower blade/construct during a buff up.

Ok so mods I think enough has been said here, this player obviously will not see reason and there's nothing we can do to change that.

Enough words have been wasted here, we've all given him very nice replies and good counter arguments to his ridiculous claims, and he just keeps opposing them by repeating everything from his first post.

I also think he got a little 'butthurt' because someone found all his other ridiculous posts on other games, which were just as horrible as his posts here.

Hello Mondego,

I don't know whether it's a bug or not so I'm posting it here purely informational, but you can keep yourself in combat by casting Shield of Solid Mind on your pet.

You will enter combat a few seconds later, and it should stay like that until you kill something and leave combat again.

Not sure if any GM/Dev can confirm whether this is a bug or not, and whether it's allowed to use?

I don't know the past of this server or it's dramas and i don't really care. I care only the present and what i feel, see, observe now. But what i know is that no matter what lies the other person is saying, as long his lies are made in a proper and mannered language, his opinions should not be "filtered" or deleted. His lies should be denied and confronted by other people, to prove that the person who makes those accusations is lying, but it should never be deleted.

This "concept" is the core of our democracy. I don't want to go deep into politics in a game forum, but the idea is simple: freedom of speech should be allowed, even if it is a lie. That's why it's called democracy, because the meaning of the word is : " government by the people" , which means that there is no "one ruler to rule them all" , but the people. If someone comes and says a lie, how can the other know if it is a lie or not, if his post/comment was already filtered or deleted by a "ruler" (aka in our context a GM or mod) ? That's why our society has a judicial system where everyone is NOT guilty until proven otherwise.

And btw, the "definition" or "description" of the word forum is : " a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue/topic can be exchanged" . And if there is no exchange of ideas and only "filtering" someone else's ideas, how can we prove it's a lie? Who decides that is a lie or not? How can a neutral viewer (let's say a newcomer) can asses the truth in this situation? And how is it called? Autocracy ? Dictatorship? You get where i want to go?

I believe that each person should have the right so say whatever they want, even if it disagrees with the majority. That doesn't mean that the person is saying the truth, but it means that his fundamental freedoms where respected.

I saw many servers and even official games who "filter" anyone who has a negative opinion, reasoning different ridiculous reasons and using the "terms of use" as a weapon against that person. Many EULA clauses are vague and don't explain in detail what you can do or not and leave room for interpretation. And usually, most of games, interpret things only how they want.

This alone tells me you've made up your mind before you even came to the server, perhaps unconsciously, but nevertheless that is the case.

You read what we say, but you only really take in what you want to hear. And if you're that pessimistic, then nothing anyone can say will change your mind.

You ask people to change your mind, but you must be open to it aswell, if you aren't willing to see what actual players have to say, then how could we possibly even make a dent in your beliefs.

I have stated my opinion in my last reply, and that does not change. You act as if it's such a crime that this forum board gets moderated, but without that this board would be an absolute anarchy due to people like that posting whatever they want to post.

So I really urge you to read over every reply the community has posted on your post so far, with a clear mindset.

Just leave the pessimistic one behind, try to look past your own negative view of the server so far, and just read it all again and maybe, just maybe you'll see it's not as bad as you make it out to be.

If I may just add my opinion here :)

I am someone who just came from official a few months ago, and I am someone who has played ROM for a *very* long time.

Coming here feels like frogster/score4more days to me, and even better in a lot of ways.

Item shop sales are just amazing, and aside from that, everything is always in the item shop (as has been mentioned before).

And if there is something missing, Quorthon Belgian football flag [213245] TYVM!, you can always suggest it and the team will jump right on it!

Regarding the prices in the item shop that you mention, I don't fully agree with this. If you've taken a look at the other publisher's itemshop and it's prices, I think you will find that everything here has a fair price.

Also on the topic of activity I find it hard to believe that there were no world messages in the time you were online yesterday (22:00 BST), as a matter of fact:

And last but not least! Regarding censorship, now this for me is a very strong term to use to explain what happened.

There have been people in the past who's only goal is to stir up some drama, and one of the easiest ways it to come to the forum and make a thread full of lies and attacks towards the server.

While yes, maybe, that is their honest opinion, it doesn't take away that they're straight up lies.

And I think it's those lies that get filtered out, because those lies would definitely put people off who are genuinely interested in playing here.

As many others have said before me, please just give the server a chance and I think you will find it is much better than your current view on it.

Belgian football flag [213245] Has been added to Item Shop
    ~ Q.

When you go to https://www.curseforge.com/all-games and look at it, it is seen that there are 321 add-ons in Runes of Magic and Chronicles of Arcadia categories. Please do a compatible work on these 321 add-ons while converting the game client to 64-bit. Having hundreds of add-ons wasted wouldn't be good for the future of this game. I hope this suggestion will be taken into account. Good work and have a nice day.

Why would these add-ons no longer work?

These are just pure lua and xml, I don’t think it needs any code refactoring in the addons itself and any incompatibilities will have to be solved in the client.

This is awesome news!!

I was waiting for this for a while and was afraid this was not planned (think I read that in another post).

I'm sure this will increase the stability of the game, and pull even more players towards Arcadia.

Hello BlankMinded!

There have been a lot of similar questions about new players lately, but I don't mind answerring them for you.

1) During the last GM event there were more than 400 people online at once, I think in general we can expect an average of 1/2 or 2/3 of that amount to be online during normal days.

2) Grac, Sacred, Pulse, Ratatainyaface, Panteon, .. a lot of guilds run endgame content but even more interestingly there are always people in worldchat making 'random' groups of players for instances.

3) Siege wars are at this moment not really a thing like they are on the other publisher's game, but with the PvP-patch that is planned for this year still I think we're all hoping that that will change :)

4) There are still a lot of groups running base content for things like Item Set Skills (instances), or proof of myths (worldbosses), etc

For more Q&A's regarding new players and Arcadia: General Headline

This is a very nice and useful addon, and a good suggestion, when it comes to the Preview window.

However, I don't think it's very realistic for something as 'complex' as the auction house.

There's so many elements on the frame, so how do you decide what resizes along with the window, is it just the list of items or do the textboxes (filters, keyword, ..) resize along with it?

Also correct me if i'm wrong @Devs, but right now the auction house list is made out of "buttons", and when you scroll, the list does not really "scroll" but the buttons and their text just change to the next item.

So resizing in a normal way would not work out so well for this way of making a list because you would need to at least add the height of one button (You can see this when pressing the arrow buttons in the bottom-right, it will resize with the height of one button).

Hello!

I translated this for myself to English and have a comment on the following:

- Hat jemand ganz konkrete aktuelle Vergleiche zum anderen Publisher?

- Does anyone have any concrete current comparisons to the other publisher?

I do, I hear it all the time from my old guildies how incredibly terrible the other publisher's game has become.

They are deliberately trying to get people to quit the game, and if that is not their intention then they are just exceptionally terrible at managing a game.

Legend:

Situation on other publisher's game

Situation on Arcadia

[Game masters / Team]

The team basically doesn't seem to care. There is an official discord and if you ask a question, no team member even bothers to reply even after tagging them.

The game is full of bugs that are abused by other players (most annoyingly in Siege War), and when you mention this to GMs they just don't give a damn and hardly ever reply.

The team of Arcadia regularly logs online ingame, answers questions of players very quickly and resolves problems as soon as possible.

They care about the game and it's welfare.

[Peak Level]

There is a new system called "Peak level" installed, you need level 15+ to run the instance New Pantheon on hard mode.

For every 100 normal EXP gained, you gain 1 Peak EXP, and you need like 60-90m ish Peak EXP per level!

There is almost no one with peak level 10 or higher, so you can imagine how many times this ini has been run on hard mode. I'll give you the answer: A big fat zero times! :)

Arcadia does not have this poopy system, so nothing to compare!

[Diamond/weekend/.. promos]

These are just beyond terrible. You get perhaps 20 or 30% more diamonds during sales on the other publisher's game.

The weekend promotions involve really nothing useful.. Every once in a while there are items in sale which are still overpriced and still not worth getting, so really just a big cash grab.

Speaking of cash grab: remember that Peak system I talked about before? Recently, they sold 5.000.000 Peak XP orbs for 250 diamonds each, and while 250 diamonds is not that much on Arcadia, on the other publisher's game 250 diamonds is a great deal.. for less than 1/12th of a level.

Next to giving more diamonds for your money without sale, Arcadia regularly gives 100%-200% more diamonds during sales, the weekend sales involve a ton of super useful items every single time. Have a look in this subforum to view recent weekend promotions:

Chronicles of Arcadia Forum / Global / Itemshop / Weekend Promotion

[Events]

While there used to be decent events (Proof of Myths, Experience etc), these have now disappeared forever :)

The latest Experience event was 150% (Those used to be 400-500% or something like that)

The latest Proof of Myths event involved you trading in 1000 Ancient Mementos for 1 proof of myth, you could do this 5 times per day and for a duration of 7 days. Meaning you needed to farm 35.000 Ancient Mementos in 7 days and in return you would have received 35 Proof of Myths.

Thanks to the 10x EXP rate, 10x TP rate and 7x Drop rate there is no need for events like this on Arcadia.

You can level all 10 classes purely with quests thanks to this, and TP farming is a breeze.

My mage has 588 million TP, I have 100 million TP unspent and EVERY skill on every mage combination is maxed out.

There is a lot more negative to say about the other publisher's game, but let's focus on the positive and be happy we've found Arcadia to enjoy!

As others have said, I really suggest giving it a shot, finding a fun and active guild and I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here :)

Thanks for the tip. just one question, how do you get the 10 classes ? i've tried but it says that i can't have more than 2 classes.

That is indeed the standard :) You can increase the maximum without any cost from 2 to 3 when your main and subclass reach level 20.

In the city of Varanas, Silverspring zone, there is an NPC in the Eye of Wisdom that can increase your maximum classes from 2 to 3 for free, from there on you will need to buy class expansion tickets from the item shop, as well as race changes in orde to retrieve the classes from other races (champion + warlock = dwarf specific, priest + knight = human specific, warden + druid = elf specific)

Thanks for the fast reply and, yes it really helps. i've decided to lvl my Druid to 80 and use the Rope set that is given. Now, is there a way to quickly lvl my warden o doing the quest is enough ?

I just want to add that I usually did quests 10 levels higher than my actual class (for my subclasses).

So, if for example my rogue was level 50 and my mage level 104, I would do level 60 quests on my mage and complete them on my level 50 rogue.

This way it progresses very fast, and you'll easily have enough quests to level all 10 classes in the game this way.

Can i get help making a macro for buying shop items? /script StoreBuyItem(3. 1) does not work anymore.

I see that you're using a dot in your script, not a comma.

Could you ensure that the command you used was StoreBuyItem(3,1) and not StoreBuyItem(3.1) ?

(Not ingame atm so can't test it myself, just making sure it's not a syntax error)