Garden of Eden & Mage

• Hello Arcadians,

here are some thoughts of mine.

#1 Garden of Eden
    It's good that you moved the place, where to level the relationships, from the sascilia zone (laggy) into an instanced zone.
    But, as a player that plays quite from the beginning of Arcadia, i know how it was before.
    The total amount of snakes in sascilia and mob per square was perfect in the beginning. (April 2015)
    Later you lowered the amount of Mobs drastically. (End of 2015)
    Now the situation in the Garden of Eden is not good. The zone is too big, mobs per square too low to level the relationships effectively.

Kills per Level (Mob has to be in a 10 Level range of character level)
    0 -> 3 4300 Kills
    3 -> 4 10.000 Kills (total 14.300)
    4 -> 5 30.000 Kills (total 44.300)
    5 -> 6 100.000 Kills (total 144.300)
    6 -> 7 300.000 Kills (total 444.300)
    7 -> 8 1.000.000 Kills (total 1.444.300)
    8 -> 9 3.000.000 Kills (total 4.444.300)
    9 -> 10 10.000.000. Kills (total 14.444.300)

At the moment it is not a perspective to level the relationshipts effectively up to 7, 8 or 9 in the Garden of Eden. But that should be possible (if not this zone makes no sense at all) . Otherwise people level their relationshipts in the endgame instances anyhow.

#2 Mage
    In my opinion the mage is too weak.
    In HoS hm knight/mage and warrior/mage are dealing a very strong dps - k/m even in DN.
    But the damage of the mage is very low.
    The easiest way to increase the damage by not crashing the class balance is to rework the 2h Staff magical damage. I would suggest to increase it by 5-10k mDMG, but that has to be tested. Best option is that you only edit the staffes from custom instances -> CL,HoS hm,Tikal,(future custom ini? :) )
    I hope to see some more opinions relating to the topic.

Greetings

• At the moment it is not a perspective to level the relationshipts effectively up to 7, 8 or 9 in the Garden of Eden. But that should be possible (if not this zone makes no sense at all) . Otherwise people level their relationshipts in the endgame instances anyhow.

in my opinion no one needs the buffs on lvl 8, 9 or 10. I think if you want to accomplish that lvl, you should earn it and farm like in the past from Runes of Magic.

#2 Mage
    In my opinion the mage is too weak.
    In HoS hm knight/mage and warrior/mage are dealing a very strong dps - k/m even in DN.
    But the damage of the mage is very low.
    The easiest way to increase the damage by not crashing the class balance is to rework the 2h Staff magical damage. I would suggest to increase it by 5-10k mDMG, but that has to be tested. Best option is that you only edit the staffes from custom instances -> CL,HoS hm,Tikal,(future custom ini? )
    I hope to see some more opinions relating to the topic.

thats a rlly nice suggestion, think the same about the mages, they should become a small boost :)
    and k/m isnt a dps or mdps class, its more an bug and cant compared with other classes

Never underestimate what you do for others.

Things that seem small, even meaningless or pointless to you,

might mean everything to the person you interact with.

• But pay attention to the possibility of pushing the 2h staff warmages with just raising the dmg of the weapons. That would not help any mages.

• But pay attention to the possibility of pushing the 2h staff warmages with just raising the dmg of the weapons. That would not help any mages.

Well about the Warmages... they could make pretty slow attackspeed on the 2h staff then. Warmages arent able to use it with slow attackspeed. And mages wouldnt care about the attackspeed

• Mage is weak but it have change with Tikal release since mage now is a must in the highest ins so you see many building them now. The Dev have already limited w/m and k/m at least in 3 first boss of tikal for mage to shine as mdps there so you can see that they want the mage better and will have change for them later.

[-off topic snip by Thor-]

• Does anyone really even go past level 5 for the relationsships because the % is so low anyways to even bother imo

I do not think that it is just mage which is weak... it is the REAL magic dps combinations in general... Mage and Warlock dps just sucks XD

[-off topic snip by Thor-]

• Official Post

At this time we are discussing the possibility of changing the Garden of Eden, if anything changes we will keep you informed on this.

For the mage please continue with suggestions and discussion but lets stay on topic please; the off topic parts of posts were removed and the edit is noted.

• Ahh thanks for the information.

About the mage. In my opinion its the best suggestion to change the magical damage on the CL,HoS hm and Tikal 2h mdps Staffs.
    Maybe you change the attack speed too (4.0 or so) so that warrior/mage cannot use it properly & caster classes dont care about the attack speed.

I think we could try this, because look on the server...95% of the mdps is knight/mage, some are mage/warlock for support. But the mage could need a push.

So at the end it could look like this: cl,hos,tikal 2h mdps staff on +20 like +8-10k magical damage

Hope there are a few more good opinions/suggestions

• In the past i will agree and have suggest the increase 2h staff damage and speed already to help mage perform better in all ins, but now with TIkal release mage and warlock have change , they become the must in the party with none can replace them there and they do good damage too. So to go tikal you must build them, it will even "force" people to build mage and warlock if they want the highest gear and stats so their number wont become less than any other mdps.
    Do you think if we buff them now they may become too good and make the situation revert from the past when everyone will build them and neglect all other mdps ? If no then why and is there another way to make them better in other ins but the same in the highest ins ?

• but now with TIkal release mage and warlock have change , they become the must in the party with none can replace them there and they do good damage too.

how is mage a must at tikal? i can't see it.
    mage/warlock for debuff? nice to have but not a must have.
    mage for mdps? stop making fun.

• I have run many tikal run and the only Mdps we need is mage/warrior or mage/warden , k/m or w/m is not good as mage since they are melee and need to land a physical normal hit to trigger magic damage ,mage have both range and pure high magic damage so they are must have to kill the immune boss or mobs in tikal.

And mage/warrior can do 5 m damage each flame to tikal boss at 0.5 sec full buff while k/m dont even get to 12 m to boss 5 tikal at full buff at 3.3 sec with the same gear so their damage is not weak at all ,combine with the need to stay range to finish the mobs like tikal warrior that weak to magic and have melee AOE skill, i see mage have a clear advantage when compare to other mdps in tikal.

• some of the /mage combos besides the knight and warrior /mage deals better mdps
    than real mages without the need to land a physical hit to deal magical damage.

also i thought the topic is how mage dmg is compared to other classes dmg.
    you compare mage dmg with magical whitehit combo dmg @ tikal where
    whitehit combos are not so much overpowered like it is in other instances.

• I only see mage/ or warlock/ or only 1 time scout/mage in tikal so i really curious,what class combo can out damage all of mage and warlock in both AOE and single target ?
    Since as i said,the mage/warrior can dish out 5m each flame in 0.5 sec combine with superb magic AOE damage skill to clear mobs so we always have to call mage/ as the best magic dps to do tikal , it will be good to know if there is other way :)

• i am soooo sick of arthurias arguments...

he/she is always crying, always complaining, always offtopic

even scout/mage deals more mdps than mage. so be quiet.

be glad that your knight/mage got the tikal 2h sword

I mean look what the devs donated to the knight/mage || Hos HM -> Tikal over 10k more mdmg, 1300 int, 10k mat

• k/m or w/m is not good as mage since they are melee and need to land a physical normal hit to trigger magic damage

nothing to do with the Topic, if you wanna walk about Tanks or Warrior make a new Thread

real mages without the need to land a physical hit to deal magical damage

thats it.

i think it would be good to increase the magical dmg on the 2h Weapons and decrease the attackpeed, also should be changed the primary Mage-skills.

Skills they should be increased: Flame, Elemental catalysis, Fire knowledge, Energy supply

Never underestimate what you do for others.

Things that seem small, even meaningless or pointless to you,

might mean everything to the person you interact with.

• If you want to buff mage especially changing their skill then you need to be very careful since the scout have give us an example of changing skill may have some unexpected impact on the game . Oh and pls i said in my previous post "since k/m and w/m not as good as mage " it is to compare mage to other popular mdps in tikal so pls dont cherry pick and quote the whole sentence. As the weapon matter i had already explained so many time in game so pls ask Sapp or other GM about it.

As i said i run tikal and many party on call mage to be mdps so if other class combo is better then why everyone still only call mage or warlock for mdps in tikal only? i have yet to see the call for scout/mage

My points is: in the past mage dont have a place in party to run any instance and got overshadow by k/m in HOS and w/m in other ins. Now they have a place in tikal party and maybe some other mdd class combo too when those other two popular mdps not so if you want to buff mage to be better all around you need to be careful to not make other mdd class being neglect in other ins than tikal like the situation happen to scout

Finally i think it is better if you focus only to discuss matter in game, it is not nice to insult other player like that.

• As i said i run tikal and many party on call mage to be mdps so if other class combo is better then why everyone still only call mage or warlock for mdps in tikal only? i have yet to see the call for scout/mage

Because the ppl are "intellectual handicaped" (maybe someone finds a better term that sounds politically correct lol).
    It is the same with ppl only wanting mdps and no scouts in hos or looking for mdps for cl. They see one player with overrated equip and another player who can't play his/her class and think they have to run only with exactly this class(-combination) instead of thinking for themselves, what can be good.

Arthuria, you said in one of your posts before in this thread, that mage is needed in tikal. Since there are other options like scout/mage who can do the mdmg instead, this point is invalid. No point further discussing this. You don't even need to compare mage with other mdps classes, since the topic is to buff the mage. If you want to discuss other mdps classes, you where asked several times to make a new thread, so either open a thread or be quiet, thx.

• It is true that i dont have much experience with scout/mage so maybe it can be another option for mdps in tikal and in my view ,it is good since more variety is better . But unless everyone go as scout/mage or other mdps class combo and forgot mage again then we can say mage need to be buff not right now when mage still a viable mdps in tikal while the other 2 popular mdps is not. It is quite unfortunate that mage only shine in one instance but at least it provide variety, if now we buff mage to be good in all other instance then what will prevent everyone to build only mage as mdps ?

And Gjiara ,i dont think you should say that term here since it is a term use as definition of illness that maybe taken as insulting other especially when you are talking about the whole community, not just a single person .

And ofc we need to compare mage with other class or class combo with the same role, that is the whole reason why it need to be buff or not.

And in term of buff by changing skill then we must consider this :
    Arcadia is not the only ROM server have ever exits nor we have the most player in ROM history, we have some custom item and instance so any change should be limited for only our custom features, any changing to other aspect of the game should be taken as extreme careful and we already have some experience with scout. And the first question we need to answer while we change those thing is :" Why there is no change for the thing in the direction we want in the game history at all other server ?"

• Since as i said,the mage/warrior can dish out 5m each flame in 0.5 sec

0.5sec for how long? how is my dmg in the 1st 20sec compared to other classes? how it is after those 20sec?

scout/mage deals more mdps than mage

3mages at b1 will need significant longer to kill the magical adds compared to 1 (in words: ONE) scout/mage.

But unless everyone go as scout/mage or other mdps class combo and forgot mage again then we can say mage need to be buff not right now

are you even serious here? may i remind you of your own words?

they become the must in the party with none can replace them

they aren't a "must". other classes deal more mdmg at b1 and b3.
    at b2, b5 and b6 your loved whitehit combos are the op mdps again.

it is to compare mage to other popular mdps in tikal

and still you don't get the topic

It is true that i dont have much experience

and still you're posting

Because the ppl are "intellectual handicaped" (maybe someone finds a better term that sounds politically correct lol).
    It is the same with ppl only wanting mdps and no scouts in hos or looking for mdps for cl. They see one player with overrated equip and another player who can't play his/her class and think they have to run only with exactly this class(-combination) instead of thinking for themselves, what can be good.

totally this +1

i think it would be good to increase the magical dmg on the 2h Weapons and decrease the attackpeed, also should be changed the primary Mage-skills.

Skills they should be increased: Flame, Elemental catalysis, Fire knowledge, Energy supply

and this ... +1

• About changing skills: Well the Elemental Catalysis and Fire Knowledge or Wind Knowledge would be ok. But not Flame or other skills that will interfere with mage/x Elite Skills. We saw the mess up with Combo Shot.

Still i think it is enough to boost the 2h magical staff (and slowest atkspeed) - and the easiest.

• Handicap is not an insult and I think it is accurate to use it when I am talking about ppl who do not realize that their thinking is limited.

• I hate to get "off topic" myself but I think this really should include Warlock since it is the only other true magic dps caster and it is really weak like the mage but of course just changing the amount of MDAM on the staff would help the few of us who enjoy playing Warlock besides just being a buff slave XD

On M/w if you are decently geared it is easy to be doing 15kk + flames(speaking of 3 magic boss) with a bunch of support (probably including K/p, Ch/p or Wd/s, Wl/m, Titles, SIGIL) but if all of that is taken away then mage is really only good for being a secondary class...

At the current state of the game on physical classes like r/wl and s/m I can hit harder magical attacks than an actual magic dps can on bosses :/

The hybrid weapons actually have more damage than the weapon for a normal class...

On my potatoe tube account I uploaded a video not long after tikal first came out of me playing r/wl to damage the magic boss for 3rd...
    Had 11kk damage hit without a bunch of supporters and my clean t11 stat HOS dagger without even having tikal gears finished yet... can even see that Iron Blood Will did not go off either
    Maybe I will have to try r/wl on that boss again now with tikal gears and weapon and see what happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwFKTlwp5p8

• But not Flame or other skills that will interfere with mage/x Elite Skills.

example?

for example the mage warrior with the casting speed buff.
    or mage warlock with the -30%. i mean m/wl can cast elemental explosion. but we saw it with the scout. where the combo shot elite for s/w didnt work like it should