Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• Changed Charged Chop to provide 1 Psi under effect of Willpower Construct as long as you aren’t under effect of Willpower Blade under effect of Willpower Blade and Willpower Construct, and provide 2 Psi if you aren’t under of neither of effects.

Well...is it aprils fools already?!=O

This only makes it worse.

Charged Chop is one of the strongest skills this combo has, which can be spammed additional and with minor drawback along with all other skills a wl has. I did not test this in any instance, but I believe gaining 2 PSI for tanky wl/wd using the Construct still is no option.

For dps you even pushed the PSI gain, which is insane and contrary to what I tried to point out with my latest feedback...and obviously I am not the only one who has that point of view.

I am sorry to be this direct, but whoever made this decision should reevaluate their understanding of warlocks and their strengths and weaknesses, because with this you eleminate their biggest weakness by pushing their strengths at the same time.

Even for wl/k gaining 1 PSI with EVERY hit of Charged Chop is too much imo, but for tanks who do not directly compete with other classes in a raid this might be fine, yet allowing a dps to have near infinite PSI...I have no words.

Cheers! :S

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• Reduced Thunderstorm damage to 2700 from 3220.

Im against this change. I understand you are trying to push mage single dmg burst so thats why catalysis give more dmg and rest of aoes are getting nerfed but thunderstorm shouldn't be included. This skill became one of the main dmg source in mages sustain in all kind of situations from 1 mob to 15. Nerf rest of aoes a bit more so burst aoe isn't broken but don't change this skill because our overall dmg will get trully hammered.

• Changed The Sage to provide magical damage for 5 spells instead of critical damage.

This was a good push in our burst single dmg so, why this change? What dmg will it gives now? It was giving 5 crit hits and 25% extra dmg already. This skill isn't improving our aoe dmg so it needs to be useful for single. Another thing, most mages have to use other skills between burst, why not change it to affect next 5 skills of our 3s cast instead of all skills we use?.

Edit: My suggestion to what Persil said it was a problem, single boss burst dmg. Why don't you improve 3s casts skill to do x% extra dmg when catalysis is activated? This should fix the main problem and you don't need to change ALL aoes of the class which will probably lead to other problems in aoe part which was fine.

Regards, Madoxx.

• Regarding the Charged Chop (CC) PSI topic.

If you really want CC gain psi, which might be a cool mechanic in theory (and will not result in a huge nerf of this class afterwards, what I'm currently predicting), you should add a chance to gain psi, such as S/Wl got for gaining focus. I mean, if WlWd gets PSI, it enters its "Wrecking-Ball-Burst-State" automatically (at least for me in my rota) and deals a ton of damage. I enter the boss fight already in active WP Blade and use 104 ISS and/or Dwarven Beer to get PSI for burst. The "difficulty" here is to find the right moment to do so, in order to use all your passive damage skills, etc.

I think, with the other mentioned nerfs this class will be balanced (more or less) and it's pretty fun to play I think. I haven't played it in rofl myself yet, but my guild mates did and the result was pretty competing to our pdds, which was great.

Btw, I play Warlock now for like 3 days, so I'm not even close to know this class, but i agree to melodic that CC gaining PSI would be OP since you get enough PSI a second to all-out-burst for 30 seconds and more, since you get enough psi per sec to use Judgement on cooldown. In combination with CC and all the other non-gcd skills, passive dmg AoE's and dark dmg bonuses, this would be insane 🤯

• My perspective in psi problem... I don't play mdps warlocks so I cant talk about them BUT I will play both wl tank, /wd and /k. In tank options, we NEED those psi so please, whatever the complains and/or the changes in the future, try to affect only the dps part. For example, all atributes nerf from wl/wd affects also the tank side so keep that in mind.

• My perspective in psi problem... I don't play mdps warlocks so I cant talk about them BUT I will play both wl tank, /wd and /k. In tank options, we NEED those psi so please, whatever the complains and/or the changes in the future, try to affect only the dps part. For example, all atributes nerf from wl/wd affects also the tank side so keep that in mind.

Agree to that.

Btt: You could make CC gain psi by 30% chance on hit (or sth like that) while not in WP Blade (so working w/o WP state or in WP Construct). I once tried the Wl/K in rofl which felt pretty strange to me, but I had like no ISS back then and no idea about anything, but I was realizing that I was lacking in focus (Dark Strike spam didn't work well for me) and PSI. If you compensate the ressource sustain on some way, this could actually work well (or at least better from my perspective).

• Changed Charged Chop to provide Devastating Chop effect for 10 seconds that is recovering 1 Psi every second, effect can’t be triggered again within 20 seconds after it wears off.

Exactly my point... cmon, leave tank side how it was, this makes no sense.

• There is a bug on wl/wd, Puzzlement has 100% crit chance, that is suppose to only happen with wl/s

I tested it and I had a normal hit on Puzzlement. Since every Puzzlement has 20% increased crit chance, maybe you were just really lucky :D

Greetings.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• Changed Charged Chop to provide Devastating Chop effect for 10 seconds that is recovering 1 Psi every second, effect can’t be triggered again within 20 seconds after it wears off.

- I do not like this solution either, like others now I suggested already for wl/k that there could be only a chance to gain PSI from Charged Chop - be it on crit hits or a set %chance, idc (a set %chance could vary between Construct/Blade in favor of tanks) -

Anyway it looks way better like this than the previous solution.

I wouldnt mind if the current solution were implemented, but then we should keep a close eye on this skill and stay open for further changes, that serve both variations of wl/wd - depending on actual performance in instances.

Cheers!:thumbup:

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• Hey Arcadians,

let's talk about the new warlock classes...

The combination is out yet not that long ago and as i see there are a few player flaming on it, but what i can see too is that they ain't playing any mage classes.This should not be a front to them, but actually there are so many good mages in arcadia i think let them handle it by themselves. there is definitely no way that flaming helps you... exspecially not if youre not even a mage.

Best regards

Allegria aka Dönerman

• Hello, I have not been active on this forum before, because the introduced changes were survivable and my English is not very good (<3google translate <3). However, seeing the upcoming changes, I found that despite my English, I will express my opinion about the classes I play.

Warlock:

Increased Severed Consciousness damage to 1932 from 1771. The Planned Change is okay, but neither was it needed

Warlock/Warden:

In my opinion, all planned changes are wrong, starting with the following:

-PSI can only be renewed with set skills, beer or universal potion (unfortunately, no skill restores PSi while in Blade or Construction, potions run out, we switch to spam Charged until the cooldown on potions ends). There is no PSI renewal like on warlock / mage or warlock / rogue (especially if anyone wants to play it as tank / offtank, although on magic EQ in int / int I don't see it :D)

- Reduction of matt, attributes is not needed in my opinion, because this connection is not very, very strong, in my opinion it is perfectly balanced (finally some alternative to magic DPS player besides mage) I was this connection on instance and if physical DPS have -30% from mage/warlock + all buffs from warlock/mage are physical DPS >>> magic DPS). Warlock/warden beats a lot like mage, druid/warlock.

Warlock/rogue:

The planned change is interesting, but redundant, as I preferred teleporting to the target to avoid the target visibility problem, rather than the larger DPS.

Warlock/champion and warlock/warrior :D

These carbon connections do not exist, we cannot renew PSI on either blade or construction, as on warlock/mage or warlock/rogue, which makes these classes significantly different in doing DPS on instances. Planned increases in dark damage or skill CDs will not fix the weakness of these connections. Wrl/w not only cannot regenerate PSI, e.g. with Slash, but also has Frenzy that does not last without a fight, and Enrage renews it once yes like VN cape or Battle Strength (100 Frenzy = 6 A cut that beats very average) (Yes I know wrl/ch used to be OP, but currently useless, only suitable for DN or GOH fast farm)

All mage connections

I don't know why the person dealing with this balance has been gradually weakening mages for a long time, taking their magic attack, replacing it with magic damage:/.

Damage whether physical or magical is of no use to making better results on instances if we don't have enough matt/patt. I understand that a lot of people may have EQ in t13-t16, weapons in t16-t18, runes XIII, but I doubt that even such a strong equipment allows you to use this amount of damage (I have a friend in guild who has much stronger equipment than mine and after each such change, matt to mdmg did much weaker results on the instance, which I noticed even more in my case). Apart from this constant change from matt to mdmg, why suddenly practically all aoe are weakened:?:. (I know that a mage owes a lot of his results in the instance to the aoe skill, but they are already weakened by less magic attack)

Unfortunately, I am very sad about the fact that to play magic DPS here you need to have very strong equipment (which is also very expensive to make), and even so the creator of this game does not even give hope that in the future magic classes will be more than just a debuff on m/wrl or buff on wrl/m :(.

At the same time it's very funny that the strongest magic combination after making these planned changes will be druid/warlock&)

I apologize to everyone who had to read such a long monologue ;(;(

• *bull*****

*mimiimi*

matt/patt. I understand that a lot of people may have EQ in t13-t16, weapons in t16-t18, runes XIII, but I doubt that even such a strong equipment allows you to use this amount of damage (I have a friend in guild who has much stronger equipment than mine and after each such change, matt to mdmg did much weaker results on the instance, which I noticed even more in my case). Apart from this constant change from matt to mdmg, why suddenly practically all aoe are weakened:?:. (I know that a mage owes a lot of his results in the instance to the aoe skill, but they are already weakened by less magic attack)

First. T13-T16 GEAR? WHO has T15 or T16 gear? Oo

"a lot" of people t16 - t18 weapons xD....... 2 ppl have t18 weapon, maybe less than 10 ppl have t17?

I can only say: If ppl can NOT play their class, it is not the job of the devs pushing a class, that ppl without skill can compare with other classes and ppl with skill

#noOffense

btw: my rogue has ~1,2kk p-attack buffed

• "At the same time it's very funny that the strongest magic combination after making these planned changes will be druid/warlock&)."

Just no... mdps have gained two very strong classes with Wl/S & Wl/Wd, both perform better than alot of pdps. Druid/Warlock is nowhere near them.

So I'd say the latest patch was pretty good for cloth players.

• I don't know why the person dealing with this balance has been gradually weakening mages for a long time, taking their magic attack, replacing it with magic damage:/.

Damage whether physical or magical is of no use to making better results on instances if we don't have enough matt/patt.

if you don't have enough matk, that means you aren't ready to deal decent damage in the instance, get better gear to be better in that instance or accept the fact that you aren't supposed to deal damage as much as other people who made those high tier equipments.

the world chico, and everything in it.

• D/wl is way weaker than any mage (d/r is even worse than that) so...

-Btw im surprised to see d/m as mdps :o

-Wl/K: It worked really really good in all aspects: aggro, survival... is really pleasant to play and fun. thx for that!

• At this point, to the topic to nerf wl/wd cuz he is "to strong".. Here 2 Screens from today.

U see on the left side a S/W; Wl/Wd; R/W; S/Ch; Ch/M(AS TANK!!!!); W/Pr; M/Wl; Wl/M; D/Pr; Pr/S.

The S/W; Wl/Wd; Ch/M got equial gear. - Golden T16 Weapon, T10/11/12 gear. (Tank didnt use IBW) - u see there between S/W and Wl/Wd it looks good balanced. (Wl/Wd didnt hit Organs with more than 200kk at all). - So as an result i can say for this raid and while comparing the gear of each Person, this run was well balanced. With a bit overperforming Tank at all. But well doesnt have to do much with the core topic.

At the right screen u can see a Wd/R; Wl/Wd; Ch/S; R/Ch; R/Pr; Wr/R; M/Wl; Wl/M; D/Pr; Pr/S.

The Wd/r; R/Ch (first time); Wl/Wd; got equial gear. Golden T16 Weapon, T10/11/12 gear. (full title support each time). I need to say that the Warden/Rouge did around 850kk on Organs while Wl/Wd wasnt on the Organs. - So as an result i can't see an overperforming Wl/Wd.

So pls. Take some things serious. Mage's doesnt have an good life in CoA, which should called Chain of Arcadia in my opinion, but to nerf this class or even to flame in this thread i can't support. Actually i see this class as an good class which maybe does fun (i dunno never played) and still have an good impact in Rofl. By far to some other Mage comps. (at the moment)

https://gyazo.com/70b32e6c98ea046269b07f09d54ada35

• i didn't play wl/wd yet so can't comment about it, but played wl/s and i can say that it is too strong in all aspects except aoe burst

- 140kk per severed consciousness in balton while just 50kk puzzlement

- 5-6kk constant sustain dps, 15-20kk burst on single targets every 90 sec

- too easy to enter willpower state as long as you manage your skills well, it has perfect rotation to enter wpb, its so fluent.

it has a bit weaker aoe than some wardens for sure and thats literally only weakness of the class, yet it doesn't change the fact that this class is too strong when its alone and destroying everything with no sweat, with just 2 buffs which has just 90 sec cooldown, you can delete your target with 1 spell which is taking 1.5 to cast and spammable ( it took 8-12 seconds to clear spider cave room with just using severed consciousness :D )

my guild mate is saying wl/wd is way stronger than wl/s, with the fact that i don't know if it is correct, if that is correct i can't imagine how strong wl/wd is.

im thinking wl/s is better than most of the physical dps i played for these reasons

the world chico, and everything in it.

Edited once, last by espar91 ().

• Heyho,

I checked the patchnotes and was a bit surprised today^^

I love to see a change of the mage single target burst dmg and the changes that are planned about it.

But i don't know if the changes would really make that kind of difference that's needed. But i don't want to complain - just waiting for the change and the upcoming results:)

I can agree with the opinion of Madox about the thunderstorm - true.^^

But the change of "The Sage" is not as bad as it was mentioned. Atm it gives % crit dmg instead of magic dmg and % crit dmg gives way less dmg than %mdmg -> better after change.

By the way in the patchnotes it is mentioned that "The Sage" provides extra damage for 5 spells and ingame too. But actually it is for 5 hits. Is this intended?

I can agree with most of the patchnotes except for the mage/champ and /warden changes. I don't think they are needed but like i said - i want to check the results^^

Also the aoe changes are okayish for some class combos. /wl, /k etc suffer too from it but it compensates with the %dmg i hope.

Now to the mage/warrior....

There is no doubt that it will be a BIG change for the class. I think im maybe the only player who plays/loves this class combo and with a kinda perfect buffgear.

So this change will take around 50% of my normal total matk and 2,5kk+ in burst.:(

Changing it to 8% mdmg is very interisting. I can't say much about it because the missing matk will drain the damage of course.

It looks like he will be like the mage/scout which has very high mdmg compared to other classes but not that great damage output at bosses because of missing matk (and weak Flame). The mage/scout pet does reasonable additional dmg btw.

But i want i see the difference after the upcoming patch - maybe he performs different :/

I'm happy to see changes in this way but i can't say what the results will be^^

As always im open for feedback etc. if someone has anything to say about my post/opinion:thumbup:

Greetings

• 1- I can agree with the opinion of Madox about the thunderstorm - true.^^

2- But the change of "The Sage" is not as bad as it was mentioned. Atm it gives % crit dmg instead of magic dmg and % crit dmg gives way less dmg than %mdmg -> better after change.

3- By the way in the patchnotes it is mentioned that "The Sage" provides extra damage for 5 spells and ingame too. But actually it is for 5 hits. Is this intended?

4- I can agree with most of the patchnotes except for the mage/champ and /warden changes. I don't think they are needed but like i said - i want to check the results^^

1. Yeah, thunderstorm can't be nerfed, I just did a run as m/ch and is 20% of my total dmg. Nerfing this skill by 15% will hurt A LOT.

2. Ok sorry idk why I always thought it was giving 25% dmg... spanish translation says "more dmg" :). Please change the description because is confusing.

3. I have same question but, most mages have enough aoe burst so I wouldn't allow this to work on aoes. My suggestion to make it for next 3s casts is still up.

4. Reduced Ion Storm damage to 1065 from 1150. This skill is 25% of my total dmg and most of it comes from sustain so, be careful nerfing this thing.

In general I think next changes will nerf most mages more than "help" them, increase 16% dmg on a 4min skill while destroying everything else is just a hidden nerf. This will not help us.

• 2. Ok sorry idk why I always thought it was giving 25% dmg... spanish translation says "more dmg" :) . Please change the description because is confusing.

Its not just the spanish translation. The skill description is pretty confuisng in english and german as well. I only learned that it was crit damage from the change log.

I can agree with Madoxx and Persil, that this is going to be a nerf on all mages. I can't say anything about particular clases though, since I haven't played Mage recently because of its overall performance compared to most pdps.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• Quote from Planned Changes
    Warlock/WardenReduced Charged Chop damage to 2720 from 3200.Reduced Gift of Nature magical attack gain to 8% 10% 8% from 12%.Reduced Enhanced Weave Curse all attributes gain to 9.6% from 12.8%.Reduced Savage Power magical attack and dark damage gain to 12.2% from 18.3%.

I think, Wl/Wd is strong, yes. But I also think, those wrecking-ball nerfs (that happen any few patches btw) are too much for a single patch. I would suggest to nerf a little less, see how it evolves for like a week and if the class is still too strong, nerf it again. Yesterday I was predicting the class will be nerfed to unplayability at once and I think I was right 🤔

I mean, we all have different raid setups, different gameplays and such, so it's pretty difficult to do balancing, since this process is lasting for almost a year and there are classes that are changed with every single patch. Maybe that's caused by those huuuuge adaptions on different classes, which literally mixes and resets the entire current meta all few patches. That's definitely a problem.

This is also related to the mage changes I recognize these days...

MageReduced Thunderstorm damage to 2737 from 3220.Reduced Meteor Shower damage to 1400/2616 to 1400/2220.Reduced Earth Splitting Explosion item set skill damage to 1800 from 2000.

Why do you always do such huge steps? Thats not fine-tuning at all, it's more like hammering with a crowbar on a class and hope it doesn't break. I mean, that's just the planned changes at this moment - there were lots of patches in the past quite similar to this behavior.

So I think, this process will never come to an end, if every week all classes are changed to behave completely different. Just an example: Few patches ago, you made Mage more and more to an AoE-focused class, which was just fine. Now you slowly take away its AoE sustain dmg and put more into burst again. Maybe this makes sense on some way, but it's always the same: wreckingball behavior. Just my opinion, might be wrong. <3

• Just no.

WL/s and WL/wrd are overperforming right now.

With upcoming change of tactical smash, even bigger gap between pdps and these 2 classes.