Siege war time

• hello,
    i dont know if thats been in a thread some time ago but after the last update my friends and i got a little problem with the siege war time.
    The update moved the whole siege war 1 hour forward. My friends and I like to do siege in the evening (mostly because we are new here and need all the titles :) )
    And now we got the problem that most of us are online between 19:00 and 22:00 CEST . In my experience thats also the time where most of the people are online (correct me if i am wrong) but now with the update there are siege wars between 18:00 and 19:00 CEST and 22:00 and 23:00 CEST. And now it would be harder to do siege wars at the daylie basis in the evening and i think thats something to look up to.

Kind regards Nghty

• Hey!

I totally understand that problem you guys have, our guild faces kind of the same.

My idea for this would change two basic characteristics of SW matchmaking:

First and simple one would allow guilds to sign up for matchmaking again each day after they did not get matched because none other or an odd number of guilds signed up for that certain SW slot/time.

Like this the chance to take part in SW is not lost for that day, but you can try again for the next slot/time.

The second part is a little more extensive, but independant from the first:

I would remove the 4-hours-limitation in matchmaking (1hr registration/1hr preparation/1hr SW)/1hr cooldown) and reduce it to some kind of one-hour-schedule.

Like this SW could start to each full hour and make the matchmaking more dynamic.

This would allow guilds to sign up at any time of the day, they would get matched on the next full hour with other guilds which also signed up within the previous hour, then have one hour of preparation time and start SW with the following full hour. The limitation of one SW per guild per day however should remain!

If you dont get matched, your guild would be removed from the list, so you wouldnt get matched automaticly/by accident on the next full hour, but you would be able to manually sign in again immediately for the next slot, just as proposed above.

So a schedule might look somewhat like this:

1600h-1700h: Guild A signs up

1700h: Guild A would be matched, but removed from list bc no other guild signed up

1700h-1800h: Guild A, Guild B, Guild C sign up.

1800h: Guild A + Guild B get matched and enter preparation, Guild C removed from list bc uneven guilds registered

1800h-1900h: preparation for Guild A and Guild B, Guild C and Guild D sign up

1900h: SW for Guild A and Guild B starts, matching of Guild C and Guild D

1900h-2000h: SW for Guild A and Guild B, preparation for Guild C and Guild D

2000h: SW for Guild A and Guild B ends, SW for Guild C and Guild D starts

2000h-2100h: SW for Guild C and Guild D, Guild E and Guild F sign up

2100h: SW for Guild C and Guild D ends, matching for Guild E and Guild F

2100h-2200h: preparation for Guild E and Guild F

[...]

These times also could be reduced to 30min rhythms or extended to 2hr rhythms, where the duration for each SW still stays at 60min.

Like this guilds can find a fitting SW slot way easier and are not bound by those limited times every 4hrs. This allows them to take part in SW and run instances, without having to decide between one or the other or pausing while running an instance because SW is about to start, just to continue that run later on.

Also this applies to the issue Nghty mentioned above, where most members in a guild might be onlline from 2000h-2200h but not from 1800h-1900h or 2200h-2300h.

I hope these ideas are considered for the upcoming PvP-patch, maybe such changes can be realized even before that. Also, of course, I welcome any other suggestions or opinions on this, maybe there are some arguements that I didnt think of why the existing SW-scedule should stay as it is.

Cheers!

P.S.: Nghty fyi: if you only do SW for the titles/skills, you also can trade Ancient Mementos in Atlas into the SW-badges needed for the titles.

P.P.S.: I guess this will be more like a suggestions thread, so mods would have to move it to the fitting section, also resulting in the need for approval by them, so dont wonder if your thread is gone at some point. :D

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

Edited once, last by melodic ().

• Hey,

i really like both of your ideas to improve the SW system. Especially the second one. It would be nice to have the whole system reduced because f.e. the 1 hour end time after a SW is really a waste of time imo. Therefore it would improve the whole SW system and no one is really fixed at those times like atm. I believe if that would be changed/improved a lot more people would do SW because like you said sometimes you dont even find an opponent :( .

And thanks for letting me know where to put some of those threads. i am not yet really familiar with the forum :)
    Also we know about the trade in Atlas and we use it a lot but sometimes you dont have the time to farm some mementos. ^^ It really helps to get those titles. My friends and I play here since 3 month i think and im almost at Ironblood (i think its called). on the official server you need almost 2 years to get it there :).

Regards Nghty
    Hope you all stay safe :)

• You're welcome, I figured that you havent been around for too long, since you are not done with those titles...on gf servers they really were a pain in the....

f.e. the 1 hour end time after a SW is really a waste of time imo

Thats extacly my point, I guess removing that alone would help, reducing the SW schedule to 3hrs and having SW more regularly, resulting in 8x/24h instead of 6x/24h.

Though more available SW times per day might result in a higher chance to not find an opponent, I think those guilds who want a real fight will be able to communicate with each other to find a compromise in time for when to register for SW, since they are more flexible in time slots as they are now. Additionally guilds may register for another slot once they didnt find an opponent.

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

Closed the thread.