Posts by Undrentide

Hi there,

I believe this quest is bugged. When I did this quest years ago, when I got at Oblivion Shrine to complete this quest, I got attacked by 3 or 4 waves of Tagena Wanderers.

Today I did this quest on this server but.. no waves of Tagena Wanderers. All I had to do was stand there and wait a few minutes.

Is this intentional or not?

Hi there,

There is a slight bug with the Level 35 Elite Skill Power Build-Up of the Priest/Warrior Combo.

It states that the skill requires Battle Monk Stance (Level 15 Elite Skill of the Priest/Warrior), that is correct, I can't use the skill when BMS is not active.

However!! When BMS and PBU are active AND BMS is deactivated (intentionally) the Power Build-Up skill REMAINS activated, which is rather strange because it states that it requires Battle Monk Stance!!

Also, Power Build-Up shows only as a beneficiary effect and not what it does (doesn't bother me, but I'm asked a few times what that beneficiary effect is!)

Thanks

That was during sw on the other publishers server ^^ And no, you're not alone :thumbup: I almost have as much fun with my little Wd/D than I have with my Monk :thumbup:

oh so you meant its rare on other publisher game?

Yes, most are either M/W or R/M or Ch/R, a few have /P or /D as secondary or are W/Wd, and there is the occasionally Wl/M-M/Wl running around. Haven't seen a Magical build Wd/D on the other server :(

Thx everybody for your suggestions, I will try W/S maybe W/R and Wl/P. I'm currently leveling a magical build Wd/D, haven't seen those on this server and on the server of the other publisher they are a rare site as well. A few weeks ago I met one during SW on the other server and he (or she) hit me like a mule despite being almost 20 lvls lower than my Monk :(

So am i the only one besides him that went WD/D when i first joined?

That was during sw on the other publishers server ^^ And no, you're not alone :thumbup: I almost have as much fun with my little Wd/D than I have with my Monk :thumbup:

Hi there Bollo,

Nice graph, but with a slight error.

With my knowledge, which I gathered during the past 9 years and experience, I can truly say that when your patk is equal with the targets pdef stacking more patk will only slightly raises your damage not significantly, see for example, the runes-wiki.

Snippet:

@TS

Why? Just why? Where is the fun in that? Why do people always choose the easy way? I see it here as well on the other publishers server, if it isn't be easy than it must be broken.

The pdam based on my patk may not be showing therefore because I'm not doing high enough instances, and that'd make sense. It leads up to a sundry question then, as to how to maximise pdam, not patk, with actual stats. I briefly looked into it and there was no way other than picking the right equipment with the right ghost stats.

Thanks for all the information. I can almost hear my brain whirring away xD

If you see that statting more patk does not yield the results you expected, then you can maximise your pdmg with Pdmg-food (like ie. Doom's Banquet )

Sorry, didn't clarify the abbreviations. :(

Patk = Physical Attack
    Pdmg = Physical Damage
    Pdef = Physical Defense

Likewise for Magical:
    Matk = Magical Attack
    Mdmg = Magical Damage
    Mdef = Magical Defense.

Just look thru the old posts on the other publishers fora for posts of Andreasels (Druffbaum) gives me:

As you can see in the bottom part, the ADF (Attack/Defense Formula)

The number 0.2 equals to 20% of targets Pdef.

With this formula you can calculate how much Physical Damage you roughly do to a mob.

Btw, in your link to the Runes of Magic Wiki / Damage it shows exactly the same formula ^^

Hi there,

Let me try to explain things in a very simplified way, based on my memory, knowledge and experience.

First of all, every class(combo) in RoM can deal physical damage!!

But the amount of physical damage is based on 2 facts:

A) the physical damage of your weapon and
    B) your physical attack vs your targets physical defense.

If your patk if less than 20% of your targets pdef than you will deal the least to zero amount of damage.
    if your patk is 20% of your targets pdef than you will deal a medium amount of damage
    if your patk is greater than 20% of your targets pdef you will deal medium to high amount of damage.
    if your patk is greater than your targets pdef you will deal the highest amount of damage.

In the last case, statting more patk doesn't reward any difference in your physical damage.

DPS is the amount of physical damage divided by your weaponspeed.

Physical critical hit determines how high the hit will be compared to your normal hits

Physical critical hit Rate determines how often your hits will become critical.

Physical Damage:

"i. "Physical damage", on a weapon"

This is the damage you can deal to a target

ii. "Physical damage", on a skill, eg, Joint Blow"

Likewise, this is a x-amount of physical damage dealt to a target, some skills are % based on main hand weapon DPS, so you would like a weapon with a high amount of physical damage and with a fast weapon speed.

iii. "Physical damage" on projectiles

Same as above

iv. "Damage", on some equipment and X runes

Raises the Physical Damage of your weapon

v. "Damage" on skills, eg, "Wrist attack"

Regarding this specific skill, Wrist attack gives a debuff to your target for 5 seconds, lowering his damage by 30%.

DPS is weapondamage divided by weaponspeed, but on projectiles it is bases on ranged weapondamage divided by ranged weapon speed (ie:Shot)
    Charged Chop, or any other skill which gives Main hand weapon DPS, gives a x% of your weapons damage divided by the weaponspeed in your main hand. (so not your ranged weapon or your offhand weapon.

x. "Two hand weapon damage", eg, "Two Hand Weapon mastery"

xi. "Two hand weapon attack damage", eg, Power of the Oak"

xii. "Melee weapon damage", eg, "Secret Agreement"

x. This skill allows you to wear 2h-weapons as well raises the physical damage of that weapon

xi. This skill also raises your weapondamage by X%

xii. This is a permanent buff, which raises your melee (main hand weapon, so not ranged weapon) damage by x%

There are, on the other publishers fora, several posts about the damage formula, although written some time ago (thanks to the legendary Druffbaum) they are, to an extent, still viable ingame.

Patk determines how much pdmg you deal to your target based on the ratio between your patk/targets pdef.

I tried to explain the '13' different damages.

Later ingame you come to a point that there is no more advantage of stacking more patk, so you can fill the space with other stats like Stam or Pdef! Mind you, you still can stack Patk but that would only be usefull with new content where mobs/bosses have a higher Pdef than currently.

Bosses Pdef is a bit tricky and mostly trail and error although Rom-Welten has a nice guideline regarding attributes of mobs.

Weapon-skills determine how much you hit, so a weapontype with a high weaponskill will hit more often than a weapontype with a low weaponskill (not including attributes like Dexterity, runes, buffs etc etc)

There is no difference between critical damage or physical critical damage to my knowledge, although some believe that items with critical damage can also be used my magical classes.

A Raid X should lower your attack speed by 11%, this does NOT however show on your characterscreen.

Edit:

Writing this all down reminded me of an addon a former-guildie wrote way back in ch 2 or ch 3, and I used it till my hdd crashed :(
    Unfortunatly he never had sent it to curse or curseforge, nor did he placed it in the guild-forum.

Basicly it was an addon like Statcompare mixed with Charplan but with steroïds. It showed your character-screen with the attributes all neatly lined up, below it you had your primary class and secondary class general skills, followed by a row of your primary class specific skills and a line of your combo's eliteskills.

When you clicked on one of your skills you could put a level into it and see how it affects your characters attributes. Like wise with permament buffs, when you clicked on a (green) buff, you could activate or de-activate it as well as placing levels into it. I've searched and searched but I haven't found any addon which does the same or similar things :(

Hi there,

I have a problem with the quest "Great Mage Letters", it should be handed down to Karmus in the Administration District of Varanas. However, when I use world-search, it shows his location in the small room besides the Council of the Eye of Wisdom, when I use follow Karmus the arrow points to a spot between the rooms where Salond and Marisus are.

Will this be fixed (or am I looking in the wrong place?). It's been a while ago since my last visit in Varanas.

Thanks in advance.

From my own experiences on the other server, W/M use a wand because they have a faster weaponspeed (meaning more white hits), Warriors as class can wield the highest variety of weapons of all classes in RoM. So if the magical damage of a K/M is to high compared to your W/M I'm suggesting that you wield that same weapon as K/M. (They are forced using either a sword, hammer, 2h-sword or a 2h hammer, where as the W/M can wield almost everything from dagger up to 2H-staff) For Warrior weapons information: Click Here!

While downloading the app and game and when you are installing it, it would be advicable to turn of your anti-virus program because it also can interfere with the download. (I'm speaking of my own experience :( )

Must be a very special weapon then if W/M cannot(or will not) use it. Otherwise every W/M would be wielding that same weapon instead of their wand+shield or staff to get the same doubling of their magical damage!

Thx everybody for your suggestions, I will try W/S maybe W/R and Wl/P. I'm currently leveling a magical build Wd/D, haven't seen those on this server and on the server of the other publisher they are a rare site as well. A few weeks ago I met one during SW on the other server and he (or she) hit me like a mule despite being almost 20 lvls lower than my Monk :(

Because my favorite class-combo of the Battle Monk (Priest/Warrior) is effectively killed on this server, thx to the improvements (nerf) on the lvl 45 Eliteskill, I am looking for a new combo to play.

Rules:

Do's:

- must be fun to play
    - must be a rare combo, not played by many

Don'ts:

- must NOT be a FOTM-combo (aka K/M, W/M, R/M or S/Wd, I play for fun not to be #1 on the charts!!)

I have tried some combo's, but I cannot make a decision, so I'm asking the Arcadian community to help me :D

I have obtained my level 45 Eliteskill Condensed Rage on my Priest/Warrior but it is not working correctly.

After obtaining the eliteskill I am able to wear leather/chain gear EVEN is Battle Monk Stance isn't activated (despite the description)

Furthermore, I am unable to place Talent Points in this skill because it is now green and therefor a passive non-levelable skill.

Since Condensed Rage is one of the key-skills needed to play the BattleMonk it should be able to be leveled.

Code
    Instantly lets you enter Condensed Rage state for 900.0 seconds. When attacked in this state you recover (50..1030) HP  [Requires Battle Monk Stance

This is the 'original' tooltip, while the tooltip in Arcadia Runes of Magic states:

Code
    Instantly lets you enter Condensed Rage state for 900.0 seconds. When attacked in this state you recover 50 HP [ Requires Battle Monk Stance

Please return the 'original' levelable skill of Condensed Rage.

Hey i was wondering if it was possible to give w/m its 100% back on its light burn elite instead, of keeping it at 75% i dont see no point in keeping it as 75% as it wasnt overpowered with it to begin with ty :)

Hm, the Warrior/Mage not OverPowered?? You're trolling right? W/M is one of the most overpowered combo's ingame, together with r/m, s/wd, k/m etc. Why else are there so many w/m, r/m, s/wd and k/m then?

Tonight I was able to get my level 45 Eliteskill Condensed Rage for my beloved Priest/Warrior-combo!

I am in total shock, what other publishers tried for the past 8 years, you succeeded in just a month! I will quit my Battlemonk because with the changes you made with the level 45 Eliteskill Condensed Rage I am no longer playing a Battlemonk but a Priest who tries to be a warrior!!

You took 1 of the key-eliteskills for the Battlemonk and you have destroyed this combo, it cannot be leveled, you changed it into a buff!
    The whole idea of Condensed Rage was :

Condensed Rage (lvl 0 - lvl 98)

Instantly lets you enter Condensed Rage state for 900.0 seconds. When attacked in this state you recover (50..1030) HP.
    (Requires Battle Monk Stance)
    (This skill stat will increase and decrease based on equipment)
    (After the effect has ended it cannot be triggered again for 30.0 seconds.)

You changed it into: Instantly lets you enter Condensed Rage State when attacked in this state you recover 50HP.

Now the Battle Monk will be more useless than ever!

It's bugged as well, because after I've obtained it I was able to wear leather or chain (even without Battle Monk Stance activated)!!

Sorry about the rand, but this is absolutly the worst change to a classcombo ever!

For what it's worth, on the server of the other publisher my Battlemonk is dressed in healer-gear with melee-stats, She has 65K HP, when in combat Condensed Rage autoheals her every 30 seconds for 29K HP, Fighting Spirit Combination heals her for 2x 11K HP every 6 seconds! Total autoheal received in 30 sec: 29K + ( 5 x (2 x 9K HP)) = 29K + (5 x 18K) = 29K + 90K = 109K, not bad for a 65K toon :p

Nice figures, my monk on the other server is noway near those numbers :P

Hopefully I'm getting almost the same numbers on my monk on this server :) :)

And who cares about the FOTM-combo's, now their good dps, next month they get a nerf and everybody rolls another FOTM-combo.

Will take a while, because I'm also conducting a little experiment with Healarious (also a Battle Monk but he's fighting with a 2h-staff) ^^

I am not fully disagreeing with you but the elites for P/w to me say damage maker or else they would not increase physical attack (while decreasing healing) or increase the 1h weapon dmg (more than staff) but every single class combo can have multiple play styles.
    w/p seems to be built more for support by looking at its elite skills imo

Here you will not have to worry about talent point problems so you will be able to make your battle monk perfect how you like but I'd be curious to see your BM in action after you are all set for curiosity sake since I have always worked my battlemonk style as dmg combo that can heal myself in emergencies. It is nice to see someone else who doesnt only lurk at the FOTM classes

ps. welcome 8o

I (also) don't disagree with you but can you answer one simple question?

If the Priest/Warrior combo was ment to be a pure pdd'er then why the 30% max healing penalty? After all, geared with (memento) cloth gear with melee non-stats, statting it with stam/patk,str/patk and fighting with an axe the heals are allready low, and even from that they take 30% away. (so if you, as a bm dressed in memgear, statted as a pdd and using an axe, heals for, let's say 1000 HP without BMS, than with Battle Monk Stance you will heal for 700 HP)

ad: With Sôhei (on the other publishers server) I managed to bring down that 30% to a bit more than 10% penalty (and I wasn't even fully geared and statted back then)!

ad1: If leather/chain were right for a Battle Monk, than why the lvl 45 Elite skill Condensed Rage or the lvl 60 Eliteskill Light healer fighting Spirit?

Light Healer Fighting Spirit

When Fighting Spirit Combination hits a target, it can recover the caster's HP.

(This skill stat will increase and decrease based on equipment)

being able to use leather or chain makes the battlemonk feel like it should be imo since you should not be healing as a BM. I had played it on other servers in the past but it is gaming changing for the p/w to use the proper gear like it should of been able to from the start.

If leather/chain was the proper gear for a battlemonk then why did RuneWaker made the Priest/Warrior the Battlemonk and not the Warrior/Priest??

Imo if the Battlemonk was intended to use leather/chain and not being able to heal than it would be far more logical to make the Warrior/Priest the Battlemonk instead of the Priest/Warrior.

In my experience as a Battlemonk (since 2008) there are 3 types of gameplay for the Battlemonk (or 4 types, depends on your view)

On one end of the scale we have the playerfriendly, talentpoint-friendly, instance-intence pure physical damagedealer, on the other end of the scale we have the player-UNfriendly, Talentpoint-blackhole healing damagedealing Battlemonk (with healergear, just enough meleestats to survive the open world and staff (or wand and shield) and in the middle the pure hybrid (best option for solo-play and SW)

Each version of the Battlemonk plays a bit different, is skilled a bit different than the other versions.