Posts by Elcaponie

Of course, that's what we're here to discuss. ^^ The mechanics of the Spirit Blade Storm was just an idea, of course I agree with other possibilities of improvement.

Sure, I also use the variant of the champ, for example, to pull mobs, the mechanics of Spirit Blade Storm works similarly, you would probably have to stand a little closer to it, but the area of effect also goes a bit beyond the char. So a pull with this mechanic would still be possible. As an alternative, it would simply have been the simplest variant.

Of course, this is absolutely useless for ranged classes as well as for healers. My basic idea only served to change the champ, I hadn't thought any further in that case. Originally, the change in mechanics was only about a skill in Ch/S, only afterwards did the whole thing develop in a somewhat larger sense.

The only other possibility I would see would be to change the skill look. For example, one could reduce the selection circle enormously in order to circumvent possible obstacles. But leave the aoe or skill circle as it is. Unfortunately, I cannot say whether the problems of placement can be prevented in this case. A dev might have to comment on this. It might also be possible to simply fix the placement problems, but unfortunately I can't say anything about that either.

Kind regards

Of course, this should be changed for all classes facing the same problems. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about the other classes to create an exact list of all skills here. It would also be necessary to see how far this works with which skills. With certain healer classes, priest/scout for example, I could imagine that this kind of mechanic is used to heal/reach other players in the raid outside of their own range. How far it would make sense to change the skill so that the healer has to run into the group would have to be discussed with the healers. Of course, the same applies to other classes that use this mechanic. But I think it would definitely improve the quality of life of all classes that use skills with the same mechanics enormously.

Best regards

Ah yes, i got it confused with another skill - Psychic Whirlwind from w/wl - that is the one that i think would work similar concept wise with the Mechanical Strorm and Imprisonment Pulse, only difference it would place aoe based on a mob + area around it - would just need to use Psychic Whirlwind placement but keep damage + range similar to current 2 aoes - that way no change in terms of dps + idea behind the skill but would work consistently.

Cheers!

The Psychic Whirlwind is triggered by a Whitehit and is a Frontaoe if I am not mistaken. Have a look at both Aoes at the Dolls. The Spirit Blade Storm can also be used with a little range from the target and goes all around regardless of whether you are standing in front of or behind the target. This is also how the Imprisonment Pulse works, which is why I think this mechanic would be the better choice. As I said it is the same principle, only that you don't have to choose the position with the mouse but your own char determines the position.

The Spirit Blade Storm is the same principle with the difference that the skill triggers where the character is.

If I recall it works as a hit on a mob + range around the mob, so not based on where the character is - but yeah that way you can actually apply the aoe consistently

I just checked again the aoe is triggered where you stand without a target, even if I ignite the aoe in the Itnal camp in front of the maid it is placed where I stand.

e55682ee9ca450cd6da8e3dd9d7ee2bf.png

https://gyazo.com/e55682ee9ca450cd6da8e3dd9d7ee2bf

The same with me. You buff yourself up, run into the mobs, trigger the skill and run somewhere else because you can't place the skill. When you finally catch yourself, either the mobs are dead or the cds have run out or you place the aoe in some other place where, if you're unlucky, there aren't even any mobs. The Spirit Blade Storm is the same principle with the difference that the skill triggers where the character is. Most DD classes have target or non-target based Aoes and don't have to deal with such problems. I assume that changing the mechanics of the aoe skills from mouseover to player would increase the viability of the champion enormously. As Rakot said, no change in damage, just a change in mechanism.

I would also like to share my experiences with Ch/S.

First of all, I have read Sere's and Rakot's suggestions for possible changes and agree with them.

The focus problem has been fixed very well by the latest changes. It requires some management as Rakot said but it works quite well once you adjust to it.

Also I still see the big HP loss as a quality of life problem for the Ch/S. I agree that the HP loss on Blood Arrow should be reduced and that there should be a skill or something that regenerates HP. The large HP loss is not good for this class, especially in trash, and I think it is also quite exhausting for the healers. Also, in this combination, the class is at a disadvantage with the organs in my opinion because you have to pay attention to A the timer and B your life and can't really do much damage there for these very reasons.

As for the Crippling Shot, I too only use it in conjunction with the Chain Drive. Despite this configuration and the fact that the Fearless Shot still triggers the Chain Drive even though it doesn't need it, it did happen in the Burst that the Chain Drive Trigger was used by the Fearless Shot and the Crippling Shot became a Cast despite the configuration. This costs DPS, also the abort of the cast by movement is really annoying. For these reasons, I also tend to remove the cast in order to increase the quality of life of the class a little more.

On the subject of Aoe's with mouseover function. I also have my problems with it, it is not always possible to use the skill properly, be it an uneven surface or possibly an invisible blade of grass. If you can't place the skill correctly, the character runs right through the Ini, which is anything but nice in my eyes. For this reason, I would suggest changing the mouseover placement at least for the Mechanical Storm so that it works like the Spirit Blade Storm from the W/WL. The Aoe would still be anchored at one point but would be much easier to handle.

I'm not sure how Sere or Rakot see it, but I've also considered whether this change might be useful for the Imprisonment Pulse. Would love to hear your opinion on this.

In this sense greetings

Additional comment re wd oak walker - I wonder given that for example psychic shadow increases pcrit by 1200 and pcrit damage by 20%, while oak walker gets only 200 pcrit and 10% pcrit damage, a buff of the oak walker to get it similar to the other pet would make sense for wd combos other than wd/wl? Note that oak walker has ISS (Chaos of greed) that enables 6% damage increase, so I think keeping the pcrit damage of 10% is fine but perhaps consider increasing pcrit to 1200 instead of 200?

Cheers!

I think it's a good idea.

it will also be possible to use the multitude of class combinations sensibly so that you don't always only have players in the groups who play one and the same class. The time when there are 5 champions and 5 rogues running around in a 12-man group should come to an end at some point.

All classes have their pros and cons and there is still a lot of space for improvements but it was possible to run with dif classes already 6 months ago. In our groups noone repeat a class, it took me 5 months to see another mch with me to discover a bug when 2 players use it at the same time xD.

People just use the easiest class or what they think is the strongest one and all copy to each other (maybe out of laziness for not trying new things? Idk). I think is their fault more than a lacking of good classes since summer.

Regards

Of course, this is also completely correct, but there are still classes that are not really useful or supportive in the ini. I agree with you that it has become much better since the beginning of the balancing, in any case much better than in offi times. ^^ That was not a reproach to anyone, I just wanted to praise the good work of the devs. =) Sure, many play what is easy and strongest, but it would be nice if every class is represented at least once in the ini without one of them getting the short end of the stick. You also have to consider that not every guild has high-end players and therefore sometimes has to fall back on the strongest classes in order to progress, even though they would actually prefer to play something else.

Greetings

I would like to take this opportunity to say a quick thank you to the devs. All the planned changes that were listed and then discussed and modified here in the forum have so far helped to improve the classes but not to make them too strong or too weak. Their decision to actively involve the community in balancing is therefore a great success in my eyes. Thank you for this, I hope that in the foreseeable future we will reach a point where no one has to constantly change their class in order to actively help their guild in the ini and that it will also be possible to use the multitude of class combinations sensibly so that you don't always only have players in the groups who play one and the same class. The time when there are 5 champions and 5 rogues running around in a 12-man group should come to an end at some point.

Thank you for your efforts and best regards.

Agree with Rakot. But I also think that if the Warden/Warrior is increased to 1.8 pa / 1 Str and charge chop and power of the wood spirit are changed to earth damage, it could also be good enough to keep up with other DD classes. WD/WL, WD/R and WD/W have the biggest potential for me to make the leap to a top DD class.

Greetings

"But I guess more pa for warden will be too strong, because all warden classes have more pa then. If one class combi is bad, elite skills need a change."

That's why i try diff combos not just one, and wd/r similar to wd/wl lack pa in my opinion based on the performance in our runs. If they keep it as is, then it will be same as before noone will play wd, i am just trying to get it on equal footing so class becomes a good option for chain users again.

Just to clarify, with identical gear, i will do much better on couple warr combo and champ relative to wd in rofl, which in my opinion is the main issue which basically implies that unless i want to hinder myself in terms of dps, there is no good reason to play it; but, since i really like the wd i hope further pa improvements can be made so wd or at least one wd combo would be similar to warr and champ

I fully endorse the statement.

I tried wd/wl in RoFL and as i suspected it badly lacks pa - i can only buff to little over 1.5kk and no additional pa buff options for the combo exist sadly. Sustain and aoe were really bad - approx 3/5 of a m/s; burst was ok which goes to show with all pd debuffs class could be ok, but need more pa. Overall, class performed worse for me than wd/r. I think this class combo needs a buff in terms of pa option in addition to a broad buff of 1str = 1.7 or 1.8 pa ( i am starting to think 1.8 would be needed with 1.6 not enough for sure)

Re wd/w, it is simply not as good as wd/r or wd/wl, that goes to combo design that needs a boost. I suggest you change charge chop and power of the wood spirit to be earth + add earth damage buff of 20-30% for 10 s if frantic briar hits. Else atm wd/w is clearly not viable and not as strong of a combo. Other wd combos are even worse sadly

I would like to share my experience on the subject of wardens. I have now tested Warden/Rogue, Warden/Warrior and Warden/Warlock in Rofl and have come to the conclusion that the Warden/Warlock is still the strongest Warden class. The Warden/Rogue makes good Aoe Dmg and is also not bad in the Burst or Offburst, but by Jerath sees no land against Mage or Warrior, the Warden/Warrior makes passable Aoe Dmg and quite good Burst and Offburst Dmg is in the Scruti but clearly below other classes.

The Patk Boost has already helped to make the Warden more viable, but I think this alone is not enough to put the Warden on a par with other top DD classes.

Greetings

I think the Bewa/Rogue has the greatest aoe potential, whereas I think the Bewa/Warlock has the greatest burst potential. I can only judge how the Bewa/Warrior performs in both areas after I have been in the Ini with it.

I will most likely test the Bewa / Warrior in Rofl tonight.

many greetings

With the warrior's moon cleave, the damage display comes out so delayed that one permanently wonders whether the skill triggers at all. The delay is sometimes so high that the mobs are already dead before the damage display pops up. I can't imagine that this is intentional, so I would like to ask you to fix this.

Greetings

I think he doesn't have the blood rune weapon active, so you can easily burst for 30 seconds without falling over, and the skills eat up significantly more HP without it.

I recommend to play alone, not just read the skills.

Was that addressed to me ? I play the class and the HP loss under Blood Rune Weapon is no different than with Champion/Kundi or Champion/Hexer. You can play the class without any problems even if there is no healer nearby. Furthermore, the class has skills for HP generation. If you still have problems, I recommend playing a different class combination.

Warrior/Champion in my opinion not a playable combination, most of the useful skills are based on loss hp. Without treatment it is impossible to play it.

Thats what heals are for ;)

Also you have 2 skills that recover your hp.

Greetings.

I think he doesn't have the blood rune weapon active, so you can easily burst for 30 seconds without falling over, and the skills eat up significantly more HP without it.

• Reduced Vampire Shot effect retrigger cooldown to 10 seconds, changes focus regeneration 80% focus consumption reduction.

Thanks for that, I think that should help with the focus problems.

• Changed Psychic Rampage to modify Rune Pulse to inflict dark damage when it is active.

I like . Thanks

Me again:

It seems that changes are worked on, i would like to bring one more time that ch/s focus issues still there - I made some suggestions before with arguably the easiest to change Pulsing shot to return 50 focus instead of the rage which champ has a lot of options to generate already - please add option to return actual focus not % regen, as % regen is not working very well since you have to move alot. The class has nice design but not comfortable nor pleasing to play atm when half of the time you have 0 focus and nothing you can do to address it unless your intention is to have it not use gun skills half the time - which in my opinion makes class not fun since whole concept is gun based champ. Please consider it.

Agreed. Some other ideas to solve focus issues: Add Focus regeneration to Forge triggers OR Shock Overload. The Focus regen sadly doesn't help much.

My suggestion in this regard would be similar to the Champion/Hexer, a replenishment of the focus with Fearless Strike.

Some Feedback regarding the upcoming patchnotes.

Warrior:

• Decreased Berserk defense loss to 13.1%. Thank you ! Much needed change, because even with high-tier golden gear it's a struggle for Berserk users to survive multiple mobs at once.
    • Decreased Iron Light Magic Ring Protection item set skill received area damage reduction to 10%. With this one I couldn't disagree more. This completely negates the benefit Warriors got from the Berserk change. Please don't change the AoE reduction.
    • Decreased Defensive Formation attack loss to 10.9%, decreased cooldown time to 60 seconds. Still a useless skill for PvE, at least in my Eyes. No one wants to reduce their patk. Please consider Reducing the defense increment to 30% and remove the downside altogether. Wardens have Elven Amulet, Champions Rune Growth and Rogues their 40% ISS.
    • Fixed Moon Cleave had unintentionally increased damage. Manageable for /Ch and /Wd (although they can't keep up with R/P and S/M anymore I'm afraid), but a strong nerf to any other Warrior. If it was unintended I do understand why you've changed it, but please consider generally increasing Moon Cleave's damage. 290% x3 with 1 sec channeltime just doesn't cut it compared to other AoEs we have nowadays. I think 450% for each hit would be reasonable.
    • Increased Powerhouse Sword duration to 20 seconds, decreased trigger cooldown to 20 seconds. Thank you, this will help, especially for the weak Warrior combinations.
    • Removed Surprise Attack range requirement to use, but knockdown effect still requires being further than 60 distance to be applied. Finally *-* So much quality of life for /Wd. Thank you !

Knight/Warden:

• Reduced Oak Walker’s Blessing received damage increment to 50%. Thank you ! Now the class is playable in rofl again.
    • Fixed Frantic Smash wasn’t consuming Holy Seal effects casted by caster. With the changes to Punishment, Holy Seal management might become an issue. I will test this and give feedback.

Champion:

• Increased Imprisonment Pulse damage by 8%. Very nice, thanks.
    • Increased Rune Growth cooldown and duration to 30 seconds. Another great quality of life change. Thanks.
    • Changed Clone Conversion to have 10% damage decrement for each extra target. Reasonable, although its impact on overall dps, especially for the weaker combinations has to be tested.
    • Fixed Soul Forge Mystery was able to retrigger without cooldown time, reduced its cooldown time to 10 seconds, changed critical damage gain to dark damage. Please don't do this. Ch/Wl needs the permanent dark damage Rune Pulse to keep up. For comparison, with better gear I was barely able to stand my ground against a R/D before the fix & the Poison dot buff. Please DON'T take this as a sign to nerf R/D, the class needed the buff. The dark damage buff can't make up for this, at least not in the long run.

Agree with Sere on all points.

From now on our change log will be announced during our discussion and test period within team in patch notes section of our website, in purpose of getting feedback from our community in real time before releasing a patch. You can read patch notes of current festival from here.

You can continue to use this thread, or send private message to me in forum / in game to give your feedback.

Greetings

The best thing you could do. As I have already written. Listen to the suggestions of the community! The fact that you are now issuing planned changes in advance is a sensible step. This way we can judge beforehand what is useful and which changes will break a class in order to avoid unnecessary patching. Many thanks for that.

Greets

No, I agree with that, it should not be undone, but again some more damage should be added to the skill. Your suggestion regarding an increase is absolutely fine.

Best regards

I would also like to express my view of the champion as a non-champion player. Imprisonment pulse was too strong and had to be adjusted. However, all the changes with the last patch are a bit too many. The identity of some champion classes was completely changed quite early on by balancing (champion / rogue for example). And again and again something is changed in the identity of the champions and I don't think that's right. In my opinion, and as Lutine also said, classes or class combinations in one category should be good. Of course the champion was strong in many ways, but with the changes in the last patch everything was simply reduced. Also the champion combinations that were not too strong or even rather useless. Therefore you should think carefully beforehand what your goal is. And for this it would be advantageous to communicate with the community and share your thoughts, as has been demanded so often recently. For me the champion was always a strong AOE class, but in which category you want to put the champion and which adjustments would be necessary so that he is good in this category and not over or underperformed in the others you can definitely discuss with the community.

But of course that's just my view of things and i wanted to give the devs the view of a non-champion player.

Kind regards

I think that's very good and I agree with that completely. Above all, an opinion from an outsider who not only complains this or that class is too strong and must be annoyed without the said person even makes a thought about what you would have to change at all.

In my opinion, the community must be involved if the devs want to achieve a good and meaningful balancing. We play the classes! No matter which one! A majority of players from each class who also have knowledge of their class should discuss what changes are useful so that they can then be discussed with the devs and implemented if necessary. This was already a known problem on the Offi, which is why there was never a meaningful balancing of the classes. Currently, it has more the appearance of a grab box which changes are drawn today, are implemented times roughly expressed. This will never work! The community must be included so that the changes are meaningful and there are not any patches every week in which the one or the other class is completely destroyed.

In this sense, have a nice evening.