Posts by Johanna

Bu

Hey, thank you a lot for the answers and sorry for my late reply. I played more and am now a 104/92 mage/warrior. That way i can play warrior/mage for mdps in instances when the time comes.

[...]

Till then you should consider to also play Warlock - since even without good gear (for dps) you can support as Wl/M // M/Wl to get your dps gear

Well, i picked human, so i cant play warlock with it sadly. Or ist it different on CoA? I looked at Varanas classhall but could only find the usual 6 classtrainers for humans.

Thanks, i found it, and it turns out that i in fact got the phirius shells everytime i did the goblin mine :)

Jôhanna lived a peaceful life, far away from the big cities in a small remote village. Nothing really exciting ever happened there, but one day she found a mysterious letter in her mail. The whole of Taborea was about to celebrate a big festival with a cake, so big, so monstrous, so gigantic, so delicious, that no description of it could ever live up to the grandiosity of that cake. Jôhanna was hooked. She decided to leave the village and go for that adventure.

She traveled to the next city with a harbor and boarded a ship to her destination: Atlas. After a few days of travel, the city finally appeared at the horizon. A bigger city she had never seen before, and so she looked at it in awe while the ship was slowly docking at the harbor.

At the entrance of the city, a representative of the festival organizers was already waiting. She waved when she saw Jôhanna walking towards her: "Are you looking to visit our festival?" she asked. "Yes." Jôhanna replied excited. "I got the letter a few days ago. It also mentioned some giant cake.". The representative smiled, and it somehow had a bit of a mischievous expression. "Of course, just walk through this portal." She said and pointed at a blue swirly thing next to her. Jôhanna nodded and stepped into it.

"Why is everything so huge suddenly?" Was the first thought Jôhanna had when she came out of the portal. Then she realised that she was walking on 4 legs and had white fur. "I'm a marten?" She was baffled. What was going on? She expected to see celebrating people, eating, drinking and laughing, on the other side of the portal. Instead, she became a marten. She looked around, spotted a lake nearby and decided to check it out.

The first thing she noticed at the lake was a giant blue ball floating near it. She walked over to it and carefully sniffed at it. It already didnt look like a cake and it surely didnt smell like a cake, but the blue glow it emitted was kinda fascinating and she kept staring at it for a moment.

Next, she saw a bunch of carpets floating above the lake. They were floating in a pattern that made it look like they were leading somewhere. Maybe to the cake? Jôhanna looked disheartened at her short feet. As a human she surely could have made those jumps, but as a marten? She decided to try nonetheless and fell not less than 5 times into the lake before she finally made it to the first carpet. How long would the way be? She looked up and saw a whole bunch of carpets leading high up in the sky. "I can never make this." she thought a bit dizzy. Was her whole journey in vain? She jumped from the carpet back to the ground and decided not to give up yet, but would instead follow a nearby path.

She followed the path for a while and then she finally saw it. A shrine with an enormous cake inside it. She accelerated her steps and ran towards it.

The cake seemed to get bigger and bigger as she got closer. When she finally reached it, she still quite could'nt believe it until she took the first bite. But it was real! And it was so big, so monstrous, so gigantic, so delicious, no description of it could ever live up to its' grandiosity. So much doubt did she have during her journey, but in the end the letter she got turned out to be true. It wasn't a lie.

Jôhanna kept eating for several hours until nothing was left of the cake. Her stomach ached, but it was worth it. She slowly walked away while thinking about her next steps. She felt tired. Lying down for a nap might be the best idea. And then? Walking back through the portal, where she hopefully becomes human again. She lay down and closed her eyes. What an adventure.

Thank you for reading :)

- Jôhanna

Hey, thank you a lot for the answers and sorry for my late reply. I played more and am now a 104/92 mage/warrior. That way i can play warrior/mage for mdps in instances when the time comes.

The tip with the timed mounts for phirius coins is great! I got the boar and am happy with it, although i might at some point switch to one of those ferret mounts just for the looks :)

Doing goblin mine somehow didnt work. Everytime on opening the chests i got the message "be at least lvl 50 to receive phirius shells." That happened all three times i tried, and last time i was lvl 104 already. Am i doing something wrong?

Also, where is the currency-list? I participated in an event in Celebria two days ago and got a stack of currency as reward. I right-clicked it and it disappeared, but where exactly did it go? It said something like "check the currency-list to confirm".

Thank you all for your help :)

Hey everyone,

i played RoM years ago and wanted try out CoA mainly for nostalgia reasons. I had read that you get a lvl-80-boost here so my original thought was to just use that and visit the old maps, run some of the old instances solo. But now after playing some hours i had quite some fun and since Im at a pretty weak notebook that cant run newer games anyway, i want to stay and play some more. For that i have some questions. I remember that back when i left, the temple in Janost Forest was the newest instance and scouts were pretty op, since the highest difficulty mode of the temple used to drop a very powerful crossbow. So thats basically my last state of knowledge. Now to my questions:

1) What is a good secondary class for mage? Back then it was priest i think, but i read a lot about warrior/mages these days. Is mage/warrior also good?

2) What can you do ingame to earn some diamonds? Like what things are there to collect that you can sell well on the AH for some diamonds? I looked at direct diamonds-for-gold exchange and it seems to be really high. At least for a permanent mount i would need some.

3) When people in world-chat want to sell something for 65k, am i right that they dont mean 65k gold but 65k diamonds? If so then holy ... oO

4) Is it right that the lvl-boost doesnt work for the secondary class? If so, where are places to get some good gear for the leveling-process except abby? I tried windmill and thought about crafting and epic set from the mats there, but Hodu seems to be no longer dropping any of the crafting materials required. Is it bugged?

5) The lvl-boost didnt give me equipment for every slot. Where are some good places/quests to get some gear to fill into the still empty slots?