Posts by Baurdale

Ah yes i understand now. But yes, i started 2 months ago. Played Runes of Magic since Beta.. so I know what its like to have been there from the beginning, or at least early on, compared to starting when the game and the endgame players are 10+ years strong. It's easy to get around and progress when you're already established. But for other players that are not in endgame guilds, it is a COMPLETELY different game. Not trying to be a whiny noob, but when gear is 1.5k diamonds each for a piece of unsttated, unplussed gear and I can't run anything that drops gear people want to buy... it makes it difficult to get started. So if lower end content could drop items that could help newer players get established that endgamers dont really need, it leaves it useful for new lvl 105's to get gear and join the world chat searches for ROFL and DC etc.

Problem is that there aren't enough new players of the same language/time zones to even get these parties going.

I'm a supporter of new players, but I don't want the Endgame player or the game to rewind. Because you guys need to come forward.

Example: Even if there is a dungeon in lw special for you, I'm sure they will unlock new characters and it can be stronger than you.

Thats nonsense Zeus. I think it has been a long time since you started from scratch and the endgame content was much further away. It's easy to say new players need to come forward, but without a guild for new players to grow in and gear up, that's not as easily done as said. Early in the game it was much easier to grow with the game. But at this point the majority of the players and content are geared towards endgame. Which means no one is running lower lvl instances. Which completely disputes what you are saying. No one has said anything about rewinding. None of the comments in this post imply anything of the sort. I think you need to read more carefully. I don't think endgamers understand how difficult it is to start out without resources. Zeus, make a new character on a brand new unused account... no resources. No contact with your current friends/guild. Total start over. Without spending real money, you won't advance at the rate you are expecting people to. It's a guarantee. I played rom for 14 years, I'm starting out fresh here. No prior resources, no guild help... why? I live in America, so language and time zones have made it next to impossible to get a guild. And its not as simple as what a few morons have said "get all the newbies together for a guild". Idiotic. Endgamers have craptons of content. To behave as if making something more beneficial to new players would be detrimental to endgamers or endgame content, is absurd and honestly nothing short of ignorance.

This thread is how can we make HoS more popularly run. Simple, make better loot for everyone. Why you went on a tangent about anything you said, is beyond me. Try reading more clearly. Yo u have missed the entire point of this thread.

Also... "unlock new characters and it can be stronger than you"? That doesn't make any sense.

In fact, it is a dungeon HOS that is fun and can be played in many events.

But there is already HOS(HARD) mode and new players give stats to improve themselves, which is the reason why new players are talented as a team, because players of the same level can relax by playing events.

PSI:But adding a new stat there makes all players pay attention to it, so I think the expectations of new players will not be met.

Problem is that there aren't enough new players of the same language/time zones to even get these parties going.

This is kind of ridiculous don't you think? If my party is modestly geared and takes a while to do DN start to finish, and another party is uber geared and runs it in 5 minutes... why shouldn't i still be allowed to finish this instance? It's absurd that one group killing a boss makes it inaccessible to everyone in the entire server for 6 hours... Especially when quests rely on this instance to be completed.

Here's what I mean:

I get off work, cook and eat dinner. Take a shower. Get on CoA, look for a group which can take 5 minutes or an hour to find, get the party started, everyone buffs up with all their foods and pots and zodiacs... We fight harbingers and fire blah blahs for 30 minutes trying to spawn the bosses.

Now, some crew of end gamers jumps in and wipes it out in 5 minutes.

I have to wait 6 hours to try again.. unfortunately, I have to go to sleep for work the next day. So I can't go back in 6 hours... this happens pretty much every day. It takes no less than 10 full runs to get all of the quest requirements met. for ONE person in the party IF everyone lets him get all the stabilizing stones.

Meanwhile end gamers farm it with their op alts and are thus unaffected by the 3 day lockout...

Because of this lockout rule, I can't get this completed. And I am sure I am not the only one with a life outside the game that experiences this issue.

In conclusion:

I don't have a problem with them doing that. The problem exists in the coding that makes it possible for it to ruin the dungeon for everyone else. The lockout should be specific to those in the party that finished the run. Like every instance that has ever had a lockout timer. HoS/DL/ZS in official for example... Atlas Defense in CoA... minigames in both games... the lockout is specific to whomever was in the party that participated/completed it.

I would like to have a button to save our interface and titles for subclasses. Because every time i swap to tank class, some of my classes get their interface deleted or replaced with wrong interface. For an expamle if i swap to knight/druid and then when i swap back to mage/druid, my skill bars get deleted or replace with another class' skill bars. My titles also are not saved when i swap my classes. It would be great if you add a button to save all subclasses.

Totally agree here. The lack of ability to customize and save ui settings for each character individually is annoying. I like having a different setup based on the class role.. but I can't because once I change one toons set up, it changes all of them.. and no addons stop that. We also shouldn't need an addon to have a function that should be automatic. This should be automatic as there is a save file for each character. The fact that the UI settings are not stored there is crazy! Also.. why does my backpack move around based on my window size/shape? Yet the item shop backpack doesn't move... clearly you can anchor that.. so lets get that backpack anchored!!!! Everytime I open the game its covering my action bars again... These are basic functions that are in most mmorpg's.

What if there was a "Share Transport Book" feature?

Could have an interface in the TP Book that allows you to share individual spots/pages/or whole book.

Just have a Marking Ink requirement so as long as you have enough, you can copy the locations.

Maybe have it as an item shop ticket type thing that allows you to send your transport book to a friend or guildmate to help ne players get around for attunements and the like.