Malatinas Course of Terror

• Hi all,

first of all the patch brought something new with it, as the subject says malatinas course of terror is now depending on your char level.

I would like to say, that it is ok to increase the difficulty of this mini game, but level 100 "giant iron barricades" with about 90 million hp Oo.
    The Elite mobs with level 103 in front of Tikal got 3.6 millon hp, elite mobs in vale of rites easy mode got 1 million and one of the first bosses on easy mode got 10 million. So pls think about the relation to the normal content, this mini-game is for beginners, to get the stats for their gear.... if you need end-game gear and buff yourself as high as possible, the sense of that mini-games is gone... also one of the reasons for a v.i.p ^^

• Official Post

Course of Terror malatina not depend of player level.
    Tactic elements (including barricades) are not supposed to be killed using classes skills and newer should be.
    CoT was not updated for a years so HP of objects was too low compared to players equipment and that what has been changed with patch.

You should use Heavy Artillery Vehicle for destroy Giant's Iron Barricade.

• So you only put it now on level 100 with 90 million hp? great one without saying it in patch note ^^

I know, but if there is none ?^^
    90 million hp is really to much for that sry. You need luck to get the right tiles to do it, otherwise you can´t destroy them anymore in the 15 minutes even if you got end-content gear. it is also ok to increase the difficultiy as i said, but in relation... 90 million is to much even if you play with the things you got in there

• Official Post

So you only put it now on level 100 with 90 million hp? great one without saying it in patch note

Nothing was changed about level of CoT objects. Only thing which was changed is:

• Tactic elements in Course of Terror mini game cannot be destroyed anymore by classes AOE skills

And yes, you noticed correctly by simple way - HP increasing; updated in patchnotes if it's realy big deal :)

I strongly suggest you to do CoT using tactic elements, if you corretly do all moves you are supposed to complete this in every combination since it is not anymore randomized, but based on predefined structs. There should not be not possible to complete versions of CoT.
    You need only one Artillery Vehicle for destroy Giant's Iron Barricade.
    That is how it was in the past, when noone was capable to destroy any object using skills.

• sry but i do it long enough when i´m bored and know that you often got bad luck and not the right tiles for strategy in there and need to destroy 1 or 2 of this barricades.
    Also i was with you to increase it, but not in that way it is really no relation as i showed with the examples in the first post. nevertheless for me it is ok, i just throw the repeat tickets away ....but some beginners need to do it and as i said gambling for tiles and afterwards for stats is maybe a bit unfair for them ^^

• Ya the increase is a bit exaggerated in my opinion and we still get the same amount of p-shells also. This, if you look at it in a community way, will have price increase on all stats that comes from p-shells for the work you gotta put in. Maybe also adjust the amount of shells we get to make it worthwhile at least, tyvm. :)

• I also dont like the change in this malatina. I dont want to waste my time to do the tactics (it takes like... 8minutes? for some more for some less) and at the end I won't get the ghost card that is needed for titles. Sometimes i like to reset this malatina few times. Cards drop so randomly that it happens that for 10 runes you get only one card.
    With this change i will spend hours to get one card, and for titles you need like 150 and 200(? I am not sure) cards. How many months you want us to spend on this? (Yes, months, cause wasting so much time in this malatina and getting nothing is really discouraging)

I dont care about the phirius shells, i dont need them, with current stats from hos hm and tikal, stats from phirius shells merchants are usless for most of the players.
    IMO this change will also make the game harder for newbies who use those stats to get some beginners eq or to sell them to get a small amount of diamonds.

Big big "No" from me.

• Official Post

I understand that some of you like ways where you can just spam thunderstorm and complete minigame in 3 minutes. Going this way shouldnt we just make chests with rewards spawned after player enter this zone?

If someone do not want to spend time on things, he should not expect rewards.
    Rules of this CoT mini game are same for everyone, and all what was changed is just prevention for skipping tactic elements.

• What about those who, like you said, did not spend time on things and got all the titles before the change? Why I have to spend months on something they got in just one month?
    Cards drop randomly. I do know a person who got one single card in 10 runs. And not everyone resets malatina (because they cannot afford to buy dozens of reset scrolls) so it's not that easy for them to get a 150-card-title.
    And what about those who bought ghost cards from IS? They did not spend time on this.

Right now I'm voting for ghost-cards for next promo. In this package in which you could get a random number of cards. I could not afford that while it was in promo last time but right now I will definitely buy it.

• i have often wondered if this would ever get changed. in my opinion this is warranted.
    proof is in try the old way with a priest. no aoes means you have no choice but to use the strategy and items provided. some class combos are just at a disadvantage for mini games.
    this is actual class balancing without changing any classes skills.

• Official Post

What about those who did not spend time on things and got all the titles before the change?

Everyone had same chance in the past to obtain cards.
    Condition was and are same for every player (im not talking about which classes they choosed and how it affected, still everyone was able to get any class starting this game).

And what about those who bought ghost cards from IS?

It is up to players if they want to buy things from Itemshop or spend time to obtain them.

• Well there is a difference between finishing within 3 minutes and not be able to finish at all. Like trying to take down ONE barrier with a Mage/Warden and it took me 3 minutes to do ONE, kinda way too overkill IMHO. Why go to the extreme instead of just making a SMALL adjustment first and let people try it? then adjusted it if still too easy.

• Jarlaxle
    I dont see the reason why priest couldnt switch for mage to do malatina :)

int
    not everyone :) Not those who started playing just recently ;)
    If it's up to players I chose to buy them too. *going to make a post in IS Promo suggestions right now*

Edit:
    The number of Artillery is not infinite, so sometimes if you will make a mistake and shot in a wrong direction you have to use your own skills to destroy baricades if you want to move further :) I remember how long it took to do my first malatina when I had to cast flame to destroy one baricade :) It was over 4 years ago on another publishers server

Sandstorm - Polska Gildia :love:

Edited once, last by Revvv ().

• Well sometimes tiles are not right or you misfire the cannon, it happens but now we have no alternative, then you wasted your p-tokens, time for no rewards, that's all.

• sure i will just swap to my lvl 50 ungeared scout side to do it........
    not everyone rushes to get to lvl cap.
    i used to do this a few years back on a p/s and i was able to complete it , barely.
    as long as the cannons still destroy them it is possible.

• Parcour is doable and as they said, the tiles are not random anymore and all your
    experiences from x years ago where you were unlucky and had to to barrier with dmg don't matter.

Other minigames need a bit time too and you don't have to rush all the titles in parcour since the last ones don't give a bonus in the title system.

If you missclick it is your own fault, because the tile gets highlighted if you move your mouse over it and you can choose a camera position where you won't accidentally click on the wrong tile.

If you want the titles so badly, buy the cards in shop offers and if you want shells so badly, buy them from the permanent offer in shop.

Now that you need a bit longer in the parcour minigame, it makes sense again to make the malatina survival game too with the repeat ticket. Ty

Edit: and don't use the missiles to do the plants, you can burn them.