Auction house - purchasing issue

• I had an issue recently with the auction house. I usually go through it regularly to learn and buy and sell. I noticed someone put something in for gold instead of diamonds so I bought it. That person told me to give it back. Is it fair to keep things if this happens? I sure feel guilty although it was in the auction.

• I had an issue recently with the auction house. I usually go through it regularly to learn and buy and sell. I noticed someone put something in for gold instead of diamonds so I bought it. That person told me to give it back. Is it fair to keep things if this happens? I sure feel guilty although it was in the auction.

Hello Gargoyle, that´s a good Question. Its up to you if you want to return it or not, but we appreciate it a lot if our Player are fair to each other.
    :love:

• Original question which is now locked, dunno how to unlock: Auction house - purchasing issue

I had contacted the seller of an auction house item (they put an item in for gold instead of diamonds) and I had mailed and whispered them, and mailed him a purify rune to put in the auction house so he can get the diamonds back.

The seller has failed to respond to my mails, whispers, and auction house item. Instead, the seller spread gossip among the guild I wanted to join, and the guild has now refused me entry.

Nice to see the fair play being returned. Is this what everybody experiences, and how would one combat such malice without flaming? I did nothing wrong in this scenario and it appears I'm the one being labeled the person who hasn't been fair. I'm disappointed in the seller crying because they made a mistake, even though I would rectify it and I'm disappointed in the guild for immediately offending me by not asking my side of the story.

I hope there's not many other players who do this, and I'm unsure how it should be approached.

I decided after receiving the advice I'm no longer giving the diamonds back. Until they told me I'm not welcome there, I was 100% willing. Any advice on managing such spite will be appreciated as I'm quite angry about being defamed and losing out on joining a guild which I've wanted to do since I started to play.

• Hey Gargoyle,

First off just want to apologize, my video card broke literally a couple hours after that happened so i was not able to get on the game. I messaged you once but i had to go so the only reply i saw from you was you saying you dont have to return me the item and you already sold it :S . I thought you didnt care that i lost out and you got lucky . when talking to my guildies via my cell, they said you wanted to join, i said told them what happened BUT said they can still inv you since it was my fault :P and i accept my loss. leader said he wanted people who help each other out in the guild, not ones who dont care for others.
    Being cleared up, sorry for jumping to a untrue conclusion about you. if you accept my apology we would love for you to join us!

TL;DR
    put stat for gold on accident, pmed buyer and thought he wasnt willing to return it. Turns out he would buy i wasnt able to contact him for couple of days. told guildies he wasnt willing to return, guilds choice was not to accept him for that.

• We're at odds with each other! I did mail you today when I was online quickly (as I mentioned to Wardog I'm afk a lot levelling weapons) and I saw the assumption in world chat I blacklisted you which wasn't true so I just turned away from the gossip.

Fresh start, let's move on, and it's quite amazing the things I've seen in the auction where someone bought for gold and immediately relisted for diamonds. 5k is the most I've seen so far within the last week or so.

I hope myself, you, Wardog and your guild, can put it all behind us, forget it ever happened, and move on. It would've been good if Wogdog mentioned the fact you were having tech issues before flaming me for 20 minutes yesterday but hey, we all learn from these interactions. Personally, this is the longest I've played an MMORPG lol. I see something shiny and I buy it. My equipment is bad. My knowledge is bad. I tried to do the right thing, people got on my bad side.

I was just playing and the server said it was going down so thought I'd review what happened. I'm not a good player like all you guys but I trust you understand I stand my ground lol.

See you in game, be happy.