Issues with installing latest patch

• I've been stuck in a continuous loop of installing the patch and rolling back the patch, installing the patch and rolling back the patch, installing the patch and rolling back the patch since I tried to open the game last night. I've even gone so far as to redownload the entire game in an attempt to fix it (hence why the patch seen in the screen shot is an old patch) but the same thing happens whenever I try to install any of the patches.

When I click OK to that error message, this is the next error message I get:

Clicking OK to that error message will start the update for the patch but then it will get to the point where it's like it hits a snag or something and will start rolling back the update.

By then, I get this message:

Repeatedly 5 times before the patch starts to download again and I go through this entire process again.

What is going on? Why is my game having so much trouble updating the patches?

This is why my fdb folder looks like:

And this is what the launcher_error note says (repeatedly since 4am)

[5/27/2023 11:17:09 AM]: Can't close laucher.

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied

at System.Diagnostics.ProcessManager.OpenProcess(Int32 processId, Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited)

at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetModuleInfos(Int32 processId, Boolean firstModuleOnly)

at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetFirstModuleInfo(Int32 processId)

at System.Diagnostics.Process.get_MainModule()

at RomLauncher2.Form1.CheckLauncherProcessIsRunningAndKill()

Can ANYBODY help me with this? I really enjoy playing this game and would like to enjoy playing it again if only I can get these stupid patches to work!!

Closed the thread.

Added the Label Graphics/Engine