Save Credentials improvements

• Changing order of characters in character-selection screen

In 10.7.0.5000 you disabled autologin2. ;(

One of nice things in it was that you could order characters from one account in a logical way, for example have the 2 characters that you play the most as the first two.

Please enable changing order of characters on login screen (or: re-enable autologin2 :D )

Edited once, last by Uure: one-line short subject got lost when mods glued 4 threads into one ().

• Even better:

* add a plain list of character names (on the side of the screen?)

* allow changing order in this list

* log in just by clicking on name in the list (without two-step select + accept)

• Allow extra info per character

One of nice things it has allowed was adding extra text info per character. (Since character names cannot contain spaces everything till 1st space was actually used for logging in, all text after 1st space was just displayed). This was very handy, especially for rarely logged-in alts.

Please add similar functionality: having editable extra info per character, visible when choosing a character to log in.

(Or re-enable autologin2, this might be a simpler solution :P )

Edited once, last by Uure: one-line short subject got lost when mods glued 4 threads into one ().

• How about if character list per account was stored in plain-text (lua?) file somewhere, without saved passwords, where

* info would be stored automatically (so most users would not have additional effort to set it up)

* but where users could change order of characters, add extra descriptions to character names etc.

* and the info from this file would be available to lua in game

?

(kind of like the old good autologin2 - how about if you re-enabled it? :P )

• Faster logging-in, choosing character directly from account-selection screen

One of nice things it has allowed was logging in directly from the first screen. You choose account + character from drop-downs and selected character gets logged in right away, without going through manually choosing character from character-selection screen.

Please add this option. Best would be to do this based on some configuration file, then users could add additional information to character names, change order etc.

But if not, then you could cache the last list of character names or add api to get it live (for cases where account + password is already cached).

(Or ... re-enable autologin2, this might be a simpler solution :P )

Approved the thread.

Changed the title of the thread from “Allow changing order of characters in character-selection screen” to “Save Credentials improvements”.
    • Official Post

Hello,

We will implement some improvements in future patches.

But we will definitely not restore custom solutions, since it was getting more and more complex to avoid coding conflicts and preventing users from using latest features, which will be still added there with time.

So if there are any other suggestions please write them all in this thread, there is no need to mention autologin2 name so often.

Greetings

• 1. really strange imo that you glued 3-4 different suggestions into one thread: YOUR OWN suggestion rules say "One idea = one thread. Do not post multiple ideas in one thread."

How are we going to figure out which were accepted and which rejected? How are you going to figure out which caught more interest?

2. @"no need to mention": yep, it's my way of b****ing about this change ;)

I understand the need of clean-ups. :)

But I hope you can fix these issues soon - I don't think that I could implement a Verschlimmbesserung in my software making users' life even a bit worse with highest priority, and then postpone restoring past convenient behavior for a long time...