Dmg output formula question / Enemies Weakness suggestion

• I `v been playing on this server for a completly year, and I enjoyed the experience of running with a lot of ppl using different classes and setpus, and since I consider myself an endgame player, thats is trying to optimize his dmg and I would like to speak about 2 points:

I still have not noticed when is better using atack food or dmg in mi case. I have asked alot of players and i got tons of differents answers like "dmg is always better","with bad wlk/m go atak" , "if u get the "soft cap" on atak go dmg food", and I still dont know what food shoud I use.

Thats why I would like to have a specific answer based on maths like for example on rofl that soft cap is 1.2kk -1.4kk atak for phisical classes, how is that calculated? It is based on the enemy def/2 ? . I guess that the dmg formula is more complex than that and have a lot more parameters to see but with that for me would be enought.

I guess that this would help also new players that like me are a bit confused about this.

The other thing that I would like to add to this is like this game is turning close atleast for rogues ( I just play this class) that all your combination classes have an element dark/fire/light etc.., And my question is how do I know if a mob is weak to fire? On other rpgs that have this kind of elements when I hit an enemy with his weakness I would get an "Wow its superfective" or I wold have a value with the % elemental dm reducion or a plain value with the elemental defense of that enemy. But on this game I cant see a good way to see the enemys elemental weakness. Are rofl mobs weak to poison elemnt and strong against dark element? I dont know it . Thats why I woud suggest 2 ways of letting the player know this info:

-1.Just adding it to yout tooltip once you have atleast defeated a mob

-2. Adding it to the monster cards once you add them to your deck

So this way ppl would know the best element for every situation

Edited 2 times, last by paluzara: I missclicked send button xd ().

• afaik there is no weakness vs elements.

Dmg / attack question.

In short it is absolutely based on your ADF

ADF: ADF is based on (Attacker's PAttack) / (Receptor's PDefense) ratio

Ratio ADF

ratio < 0.2 -> 0.2

if 0.2 < ratio < 1 -> ratio (for example 0.7)

if ratio > 1 -> 2 - 1/ratio

Have fun calculating for your values ^^

In fact: different situations -> different food

• Lol I always thought that there was an elemet value on this game ppl aleays told me that for example on DN light dmg was more effective that any other element. And I supossed that was true cause they play more than me xd.

And for exmple then the mage buff skill that gives u more fire resistance how is that not an elemental defense or something like that.

Thx for your answer

• You have elemental resistances in your character screen. Afaik this is from the beginning of the game, where damage values were very low. These resistances absorbs the amount of damage if it meets the source. For example with 200 resistance you absorb 200 damage points. But mobs don't have such values afaik.

The fact that light damage does more dmg in DN is false for me. Mobs in DN have very high defense values

• Lol I always thought that there was an elemet value on this game ppl aleays told me that for example on DN light dmg was more effective that any other element. And I supossed that was true cause they play more than me xd.

And for exmple then the mage buff skill that gives u more fire resistance how is that not an elemental defense or something like that.

Thx for your answer

some (mostly level 35-50) monsters have some resistances. Elemental resistance, if not shown as a percentage, is just dealt dmg - resistance = damage taken

• My last question would be if there is an ingame functionality to know the defense values of a mob without using an addon, because for example, I cant check the def on HOTO mobs to get sure about what food use xD

• I was doing some maths and I notice that im missing something more

Ratio ADF

ratio < 0.2 -> 0.2

if 0.2 < ratio < 1 -> ratio (for example 0.7)

if ratio > 1 -> 2 - 1/ratio

When is the dmg stat used on the formula I supose that if after the ADF ratio calculation

But can someone do this with this easy numbers

Example:

I have:

-1000 atack

-100 dmg

-10 weapon dps

-and mi skill do 100% weapon dps

-Mob have:

1500 def

So I know

1000/1500=0.6 so -> adf Ratio= 0.6

100% of 10 = 10

And what I do with dmg? And how its related with my skill? Maybe this is going a bit too deep but if some knows I would like to know it also

:D

• You don't need the full formula if you want to know if p-atk or p-dmg food is better.

DmgDone = (CritMod) * (ADF) * [ 2.75 * (DPS) + 2 * (DPS) * (SkillPercent) ]

old formula of runes of magic wiki, but still usable to check ADF if p-atk or p-dmg food is better

hf with it

• for me the best is test like do 2x run with the same people rofl and 1 run go atack food next run go dmg and you will know wher is beter dmg wher is atack ;) and on next run you will know what you need use that i do <3