COA suggestions

• Actually, I have ideas in mind that will make COA great again. If you want, let me explain the ideas in my mind in order;

- The character played in COA earns a certain amount of stat points for each level up. But unfortunately, these stat points are distributed automatically according to the class of the character. And this ensures that all characters in the same class are the same. Instead, as in other MMORPG games, the way stat points will be distributed should be left to the player's choice.

-Players should be able to write their own story missions. For example, the foundry system in the game NEVERWINTER.

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Foundry

-Character combinations that cannot be used can be made available. For example, there are no elite skills for Warden / Champion or Druid / Warlock combinations. For classes that do not have elite skill combinations, unavailable character combinations should be made available by adding elite skills.

https://runesofmagic.gamepedia.com/Class_Combo_Table

- Creature taming system can be developed. For example, in the game called RAPPELZ, there is a very detailed creature taming and development system. It would be really great to implement the system in the game called RAPPELZ on this server.

https://glse45.wixsite.com/mysite-2/the-pets-how-to-tame

These are ideas that urgently need to be implemented for the COA. But if other ideas are requested I can offer many more suggestions. Have a nice day. Good work. Good luck.

• Honestly I dont see any reason why these unique game mechanics from other MMOs should be implemented here.

CoA has great game mechanics as it is, may they be unique or not, if you want to enjoy the features you mentioned, just play the games you mentioned.

Having everything in one/every game would be kind of boring, because then there would be no more diversity in games.

Class combinations that did not have any elite skills up to now, will actually get them. This has been confirmed a while ago and you already can find those eliteskills in the game clients data, so it shouldnt take too long anymore until you can use those.

..and I dont really understand what you mean by "stat points".

If you are talking about talent points, I dont think they should be unbound from professions, since to master a profession (-> lvling up your skills) you will need to spend time with it and should not profit from the talent points you earned on other professions.

If you are not talking about talent points but actual stat points, there every class has their specific set of base points that just scales with your lvl on that class, allowing them to be manually distributable wouldnt make much difference, since their sum it less than 9k and by gearing up you will get tens of thousand of them.

Having those points as fixed values is just another (unique) game mechanic of CoA, which differ this game from others.

If all this does not suit you and CoA is not a great game for you with the features it provides and without the features you suggested, again, you should not be playing CoA but rather those games you mentioned.

Cheers!:thumbup:

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• Thank you so much for responding so quickly to a message I wrote. I think COA is a great game. I've just made a few suggestions to make it even more awesome. If these recommendations are not followed, I did not say I would definitely quit COA. Whether these features are in COA or not, I will still play COA. Since the purpose of this topic is to come up with new ideas, I just wanted to present my own ideas. Thank you for being so actively involved in the forum and advocating for the COA. It is really a great chance for you to defend the COA in such a good way. It is a great honor for me to play the same game with great players like you. Have a nice day.

• Well...in case you are not being sarcastic...thanks for the kind words :saint:

These are ideas that urgently need to be implemented for the COA. But if other ideas are requested I can offer many more suggestions. Have a nice day. Good work. Good luck.

These quite drasticly formulated lines just left the impression that this game is not worth to play for you in the state it is.

I didnt mean to actually defend CoA, but rather wanted to point out that, in my opinion, copying features that are working great in their respective games is not the correct way to improve any game and that you should not stick around a game that is not suited for you as it is. Would be a waste of your time.

Others, including the PlayerNet team, might be thinking differently about this and maybe will hold on to one of your ideas, so suggesting them never is a bad thing.

As far as I know the team appreciates every single suggestion, regardless of accepting or denying it, so feel free to submit all you have up your sleeve. &)

I am happy to hear you will still spend time here on this server and I wish you all the fun you can have here.

Cheers! :thumbup:

• The fact that a game is an MMORPG is a reason enough for me to play that game. However, I made these suggestions because I think COA is much better than other MMORPG games and I want to make a contribution to the greatness of COA. So in my eyes, COA is already a great MMORPG. But I have made my own suggestions to take the greatness of COA one step further. The reason I offer my own recommendation is not because I dislike COA, but because I can take COA further. So whether the suggestions I wrote are implemented in COA or not, COA is a great game in my eyes and I will always play COA. I will continue to play COA whether my suggestions are implemented or not. My goal was just to write an appropriate response to the topic of this forum thread. I do not have any bad intentions. And I don't make fun of anyone. So if you're not kidding, you've written thank you for your kind words, but you can be sure I'm not kidding you. Have a nice day.

• Hi all,

That stat redistribution comment that Personaenongrata mentioned made me think of one idea below:

1) end game players for the most part have maxed tp needed for skills and thus dont really need to grind to kill mobs etc for tp anymore. Thus, an interesting grinding aspect of the game that some may enjoy but dont do due to no need to grind tp.

2) My suggestion (maybe was mentioned before not sure) is as following:

introduce new amulets/charms in IS that are based on tp or exp and once you reach a certain total amount of either tp or exp (exact number would need to be determined to be reasonable in terms of cost/benefit and time it takes to grind) you pull it out but instead of giving you extra tp or exp it converts to an item that permanently increases selected attribute (so acts like a card would) with selection of either str/dex/int/wis/sta

The outcome of the suggestion will be two fold:

a) more ppl will be grinding more (since clear benefit to improve char) thus more activity + extra revenue for the server (ppl will buy amulets/charms from IS)

b) would allow more diversity for each char - some would then for example have champ with more str some would have champ with more sta etc; At the moment apart of cards, stats for a combo for everyone are identical.

I suspect it wont take that much time to implement, all items of similar type already exist, just need to generate a unique amulet that convers once full of exp or tp to a pre-selected stat. Number for stat + total exp/tp would need to be reasonable - say + 5 str item when XXX amount of exp (e.g. when you get 1 mil of tp or 10 mil of exp)

Kind regards,

Rakot

• Not a bad idea, however what would be the point of this?

All those amulets are filled passively to the tp/xp you gain, so new players will profit from this feature even while they gather tp to max out their skills and those who already maxed out their skills will still gather useless tp.

Also should there be a maximum of points that can be added to your char (per attribute)?

I think there has to be, otherwise its possible to increase your stats infinitely, making very active players even stronger compared to the games content.

So where to set this limit, for the whole feature to not be obsolete from the beginning?

Also if there were such a limit, ppl would just solo grind tomb of souls or any high-tp-gain area with buffs for a while, until they are done and then...guess what, the feature is obsolete and all we got is even higher stats.

If you want to have more stats on your char by grinding, grind something to make diamonds and stat all your gear one or two or three tiers higher, same effect in the end. You will even have to repeat or keep up that grind for your next gear and the server also has its revenue. ;)

Or grind honour partys with alts to collect soul points, they basicly already do what you suggested, just with a very low effort/reward-ratio. ^^

Diversity on chars with the same classes can be achieved by statting your gear differently or using different runes, which is one of the main features of this game, so I dont believe we need something new to create more diversity, everyone would just distribute those points according to how they stat their gear.

As I said, I like the idea itself to have something for those hundreds of thousands TP which are just stacking up there, but I feel like there has to be more to it than you just proposed and I cant think of any way to make this new feature neither obsolete nor unbalanced.

Cheers!:thumbup:

• No need to have a limit if cost/benefit/time matches alternatives - one would then decide if better to farm dias and tier up something or invest in permanent attributes; thats why attr number and exp/tp needed must be balanced

I disagree in terms of variety of stats to use for diversity for end game epecially, while it is correct you can do it, the optimal stats are exactly same for all - take chain users for example, they all pick best purple 6 and best purple 6 are pretty much same - you dont see someone running with not optimal stats if they want to maximize the gear - not picking best stats is possible of course but would hinder your char; only exception I see sometimes is some use best red over 1 purple sta/str for chain user for example to get more pa but sacrificing the survivability, but alot of end game chain users (myself included) go with all 6 purple which i think optimal

Same argument for diversity with runes - check end game chain users as an example - they use same 4, so diversity in principle does exist but you dont see chain end game dps with not optimal runes selection

In terms of obsolute/balanced, again say 5 str per 1 mil tp or whatever is good - you need to grind alot for small gain, you grind more you get more in return or run ini - sell - get dias - tier up gear - then improve char, both work and do in fact increase diversity and more options in terms of game play, as I mentioned at the moment end game dont farm tp as there is no need - my idea would encourage that for a moderate gain

Comment that more active players will become stronger is silly, of course, since this is always the case and does make sense if you are more active you become stronger by having better gear etc, my idea wont change that.

• Exactly, everyone uses the same optimal stats and runes (except those who use dex/patk runes on chain gear, lol), so what makes you think players would behave differently concerning this new feature?

This is what I was pointing out, just because you add something which can create more diversity, does not mean it will do so, if players do not use already existing features to create diversity.

everyone would just distribute those points according to how they stat their gear.

You should let this sink in a little more.

Comment that more active players will become stronger is silly, of course, since this is always the case and does make sense if you are more active you become stronger by having better gear etc, my idea wont change that.

I was not comparing more active players with less active players, which of course would be silly, but with the games content. I clearly wrote that.

So running instances will get even more easy, simple and boring than it already is for players with strong gear, so whats the point in introducing a feature which allows characters to grow even stronger?

1kk TP are easily farmed in less than 5min, I wouldnt do this even once, since theres no point as heal/tank for any additionaly stats, but depending on the cost for each amulet insane values would be possible quite quickly.

And in case more players, who did not do so before, would actually be motivated to grind like this, they would generate even more clean and dirty stones, reducing prices for them even more allowing even stronger gears to exist on the server on top of those amulets bonus, allowing content to become even easier...resulting in even more active players to leave, who actually value challenging content.

If the amulets' cost were the limiting factor and not time for grinding, I doubt anyone would really use this feature at all if its more expensive than gearing up or would just use this feature, if it is cheaper than gearing up...not to mention the p2w factor...so again, whats the point of it all?

...And still all those useless tp would just be stacking up to eternity...so again, whats the point of it all?

If it is about getting even stronger chars, I am strongly against it.

If it is about even more players grinding easy mode instances, since thats the most efficient way to farm tp and t6 items simultaneously, I am against it all the same, since it will only result in chars getting even stronger.

I thought your motivation for this suggestion was to make TP somehow useful, but it seems you only want another opportunity to grind in this game, which will result in a bigger gap between old/active players and new/less active ones and ultimately more work for beginners to catch up.

As a newbie for me this would be a discouraging factor on this server, thus not being healthy for it.

Now I was kind of comparing more active players with less active players, however in a not silly way.

Cheers!

• Actually, the stat point system I recommend is something different. For a better explanation of what kind of stat point system I recommend, please see the chart on this page that shows the statistics each class earns when they level up;

Attributes | Runes of Magic Wiki | Fandom (gamepedia.com)

The automatic distribution of stat points in this way causes all characters to be duplicates and reduces the diversity between players. The change I suggest is that how these stat points will be distributed is left to the player's own choice. Have a nice day.

• Yes, I understand that. your suggestion would be nice but for a max level char would be something you do once unless can redistribute depending on a role you play.

My idea was different and tangent to yours - it is addressing the problem that end game players have no need to grind mobs since their tp is maxed for all skills and all maxed level; hence my suggestion where possibility to trade gained exp or tp offers an option to convert to extra stats. 5 str per 1 mil tp was just an example, if indeed 1 mil is 5 mins then it should be much more of course, but not too high else noone would bother either, so benefit/time ratio should be reasonable, but also not to abuse it so it needs to involve reasonable ammount of time to gain the attribute increase, say some number of hours of grinding per one attribute with maxed tp/exp buffs.

My idea would also give diversity since a lot of people play multiple roles, hence could use different stats - for example i play dps or tank, so i would likely farm to gain str and sta stats; someone else plays say healer and mage dps, so they would farm wis and int and maybe even sta, and so on - that would really make stats combo diverse and tailored to how different people play in terms of roles or different combos - thus increased diversity.

• My idea would also give diversity since a lot of people play multiple roles, hence could use different stats - for example i play dps or tank, so i would likely farm to gain str and sta stats; someone else plays say healer and mage dps, so they would farm wis and int and maybe even sta, and so on - that would really make stats combo diverse and tailored to how different people play in terms of roles or different combos - thus increased diversity.

As you only gave examples for players who play these different classes already anyway, there would be no increase in diversity, all those players would just get stronger chars while switching between all those combionations...so...yeah...X/

• My idea would also give diversity since a lot of people play multiple roles, hence could use different stats - for example i play dps or tank, so i would likely farm to gain str and sta stats; someone else plays say healer and mage dps, so they would farm wis and int and maybe even sta, and so on - that would really make stats combo diverse and tailored to how different people play in terms of roles or different combos - thus increased diversity.

As you only gave examples for players who play these different classes already anyway, there would be no increase in diversity, all those players would just get stronger chars while switching between all those combionations...so...yeah...X/

Anyway, the only suggestion I offer is not to leave the distribution of stat points to the player's preference. So my other recommendations other than this one will add a lot to the COA. I think we talked enough about the stat system. Let's talk a little bit about other issues.

-A mission system where the player who wants writes his own mission script.

-A much more magnificent pet system than now.

Please don't just argue about stat points. I am also curious about your opinion on other suggestions. Have a nice day.

Closed the thread.