Atlas defence minigame rework

• I would like to suggest to change the Atlas mini-game mainly due to two reasons:

1. The mini game itself takes a lot of time but is missing the "fun factor".

2. The rewards (with focus on the golden wings and cards) are nice but there is no other possibility to obtain and they seem to be unreachable.

As to the first point, in my opinion the mini-game is missing some events and/or a challenging aspect. Currently, the only possibility to fail is when the tank or heal dies or gets a crit/disconnect (with probably the second occurring more often than the first...).

Moreover, there is not a single event to play, no movement needed but just to kill the enemies.

Compared to the normal mini-games like Malatina... it was always needed to do some kinds of events in order to accomplish the minigame. Also, in other minigames there is a timer so that you might even fail when you do everything in the right way, but are just not fast enough.

As to the second point, I personally don't like super small probability rewards which I might not even get when I open the package a thousand times. Instead, I would propose to make wings and the most rare card a fixed price, for example for the price of 25 * 50 = 2500 atlas scrolls or make them obtainable in-game in a different way.

Best regards

Yibsi :)

Approved the thread.
  • Hello there!

I like the idea of changing the minigame, though I never had the urge to suggest any changes, as soon as I read Yibsis post I had some ideas:

Changing the rewards:

Some more various rewards to buy for Atlas Scrolls could be added, for example bufffood, mats (also those for lv 1-99), some new event-titles (with lvl V for title system).

Prices for existing rewards could be adjusted and/or Atlas Scrolls from the chest increased.

Also I like the idea to be able to buy the Golden Wings for a fixed price.

They have been "exclusive" for quite a while now and I believe making them acquirable for everyone in a certain way wouldnt harm anyone. As Yibsi suggested they should have a compareably high price though.

Changing the minigame itself:

- Adding various spawn locations on the map to force players to move around. Standing in just one spot is the most boring aspect of the minigame. The map you created for this minigame gives prenty of possibilities for that.

- Maybe add some "special" and quite elusive extra-mobs that spawn at random times in random locations that you have to hunt while defeating the usual waves, to get some extra points/rewards in the end.

- Give all spawning mobs/waves/bosses a larger variety of skills/buffs/debuffs, so that we dont have to kill 25 times the same type of monsters that only have diffferent models.

- Add some points/areas where players have to stay for a while to capture them, by stacking a certain amount of buffs over time to close rifts or something from where the mobs are spawning.

- Maybe have all these events trigger in random order each time the minigame is started, so that players have a slightly different experience each time.

(- Maybe make players dying less punishing, by adding more NPC's for defense or move the respawn point directly outside the portal and not outside in Atlas on the beach)

- While considering any changes, please be careful to allow the minigame to have a good performance, (multiple) players crashing during the minigame also can be quite punishing.

I would appreciate a more interesting atlas minigame very much, I liked the idea of it form the start and saw great potential in it, but it always felt rushed and "immature".

Cheers!:thumbup:

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• ... Instead, I would propose to make wings and the most rare card a fixed price, for example for the price of 25 * 50 = 2500 atlas scrolls or make them obtainable in-game in a different way.

Best regards

Yibsi :)

I would support it with 2500 scrolls.

But 25 * 100 = 2500 ;)

Kind regards

• I think it would be nice if make a mode like Dreamland endless waves. wave by wave it gets harder and harder
    maybe a ranglist for ppl how longe they were abel to survice it.

• As a healer, I really enjoy Atlas defense. It's the one place in the game where I can just stand still and let my sucky healing ability shine. I can just concentrate on healing and not have to worry about moving around or trying to figure out the mechanics so that players don't die because I didn't do something right. Mechanics type bosses are most unenjoyable to me and I avoid playing them. HOS and Inferno would be two great examples. HOS I spend all my time running from one crystal to the next and rarely get to it fast enough. I'm not healing anyone because I'm too busy running around. Inferno has that boss with something about a debuff and a rock and something you're supposed to do with the rock. So I don't play these. They are what are not fun. There needs to be a practice server so we can play these bosses in practice mode so we don't piss other players off. Anyway, I really enjoy Atlas defense and I don't want any changes to the play of it. If you want to improve the odds of winning the prizes or just put an atlas scroll cost to them, that's fine.

• I don't understand what the problem is if someone puts an alter in defense of atlas. does not harm anyone.

I do not intend significant changes there, only that they fix the entrance, since when we enter we are below the ground.

Added the Label Zones/Instances