64-bit Game-Client

• Hello gamers, I have a idea.

Have seen it from another server, how about a 64bit exe for the game? This would make the game a lot more stable. I saw that it can work. Would be really great for arcadia.

Mfg letomi

Changed the title of the thread from “Stability of the server” to “64-bit Game-Client”.

Approved the thread.
  • Hello Letomi,

Thank you for your suggestion!

I have talked with our DEV-team about this can give you the following information.

Since the start of CoA we are continuously improving the stability of the game and therefore want to reduce the amount of crashes.

We have done a lot in the past (for example bringing new graphic options to disable grafic effects from players or disable unnecessary interface parts). The view distance for NPC's has also been reduced and players can hide the pets of other players.

We have also fixed a bug, which was causing most of the crashes. Also, based on reports by players, several other reasons for crashes were fixed already. And just with the latest big content patch we have updated DirectX to version 9.0c.

So if you count this all together we have done a lot already.

And we will continue to do so.

But, to unmask some myth I can give you more information.

A 64bit client will just allow to use more memory, which is not the reason why the game is crashing (as it looks like for now at least)

But this and other fixes regarding the game engine are also on our To-Do-List.

I hope all these information helped you and make everyone understand that we are really working on these kind of issues.

Best regards.

Ravo

Closed the thread.