Is it possible to progress without paying for diamonds ?

• I started to play on Arcadia 2 or 3 weeks ago, and since I hitted the lv104, I feel like I'm just stucked and I can't start to gear up without paying.. I don't get if there is some ways to farm and get some diamonds to start but i saw that, in fact the only saleable things are gears & stats, which are some kind of things you can"t get if you are alone & gear-less.. Did I missed something or is that really hard or nearly impossible to begin without paying here ?

• There are two ways to play this game.

A) level up, buy diamonds, gear up and run instances

B) level up, spend huge amount of time to grind and sell items (thru AH or merchant) and buy diamonds ingame, gear up and run instances.

Here and in other Runes of Magic servers you can pay with real money or with time.

Former Battle Nun (90/86) from (Original) server Isiltir, later known as Agenor.
    On Paradise: Amaron (Magical Wd/D)

• I started to play on Arcadia 2 or 3 weeks ago, and since I hitted the lv104, I feel like I'm just stucked and I can't start to gear up without paying.. I don't get if there is some ways to farm and get some diamonds to start but i saw that, in fact the only saleable things are gears & stats, which are some kind of things you can"t get if you are alone & gear-less.. Did I missed something or is that really hard or nearly impossible to begin without paying here ?

Its hard but its definitly possible.
    First of all try to find a guild. A guild can help you a lot through their knowledge and can help you gearing up faster.
    If you got some gear (old tikal/inferno gear pimped with stats from suntempel easymode) you can start earn some diamonds.
    There are lots of ways to earn/safe diamonds:

You can level alts in suntempel easymode. With them you can do everyday dayliequest to farm phirius-tokens. Phirius Tokens = charges for arcane transmuter. With charges and the items from suntempel easymode you can build tierstones without any costs.

Another way get some diamonds is farming cards. The advantage of card farming is, you dont need good equipment for it. You can farm lots of cheap cards 10-100 diamonds or rare cards 100-5000 diamonds each.

You can also safe lots of diamonds if you use the happy hour (wednesday) and the weekend (friday-monday) item shop promotion. Try to buy allways during this promotions. There is a "rotation" so during 4 weeks nearly every item is in promotion once.

If you have any questions just wsp me ingame or pm here.

Best success,

Røflcøpter

• As the people before me already wrote, the easy way into the "endgame" is buying diamonds, though still on this server u would have to invest way less currency to get started than on other servers.

Otherwise i also would suggest farming cards, especially eventcards in the (~monthly) events in Varanas etc, those should earn u easy the first few hundreds, maybe thousands of diamonds to get some gear. Just check the AH for cards and u will see for yourself what is worth farming and what is not. Furthermore farming lower instances for set skill items can be a good way to get going, though a guild would help here big time indeed.

Once you have some viable gear, farming tierstones, clean or not clean in lv99 and lv100 instances easy mode also is a good source of income while being solo. Of couse, you can also keep farming cards, if thats fun for you, some ppl seem to do that all day to earn diamonds.

doing daily quests with alts always is an easy way to earn some additional gold + transmutor charges via tokens.

So as you see, there are a few ways to get started without paying for diamonds, but in return u will have to spend time earning them, which surely can already be some fun! ;)

Cheers!

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

Closed the thread.