Discussion ( Wings of Space ) + Strawpol for 2 Classes

• Greetings,

noticed someone thought about to make a suggestion about adding wings of space. It might be a Mod didnt enable the Thread

Iam sure some players (me included) are annoyed by criting out if you are in a 12ppl raid and unable to reappaer in the instance. of course the easiest way is to fix such an Issue with adding wings of space but what about if the devs could just increase the raids to 13 player and cap the instance for 12 player. hopefully everyone understand what i mean:/

Let´s talk about it and pls stay with the topic&)

ps. I´ve created 2 Strawpols would be cool if you could check it out (it´s anonym):)

Warmage

Champ

Never underestimate what you do for others.

Things that seem small, even meaningless or pointless to you,

might mean everything to the person you interact with.

Edited once, last by Nadaná ().

• Critical error in a full 12er raid -> do not respawn inside the instance

I think the dev's really should focus on this problem. It is totally annoying.

Problems:

During fight/boss fight you cant help the raid, because you spawn in the chamber of elements (if inferno/gorge).

Also you will loose the arcadia coins and so on.

This is really the worse at the moment.

Solve:

Increasing the player cap to 13.

If a raid decides to run with 13 player. It is not much of an advance, but they still crit out to chamber of elements.

Normal 12 ppl raid and above crit out but rejoin in the instance.

Everyone is happy :)

p.s i dont like your warmage/champ pols. If you wanna discuss class balancing in general, it has to contain all classes.

if you wanna discuss balancing of damage dealers it has to contain all dd classes.

Greetings

Increasing the player cap to 13.

This isn't fixing the problem, just simply giving players 1 additional limit. My vote is for just fixing the kick issue rather than increasing limit.

the world chico, and everything in it.

• #1:

I can support the statement that its really annoying to run with 12ppl and someone having a dc/crash and i think everybody does as well, so a change here would be great indeed.

I dont like the idea of adding Wings of Space to the game again, since this wouldnt be the only way to fix the crit-in-12ppl-raid-problem, but would allow lots of new mechanics to run instances.

Just as Revenant mentioned, adding the Wings would only allow to run with 13+ ppl in raid having the same problem as before, as long as u dont waste another wing everytime to have another free slot for relogging.

As far as i know u cant login into an instance where 11ppl already are present bc developpers back in the day tried to prevent abuse of logging in and out diffrent ppl and chars for example during bossfight to make things easier as they were intended to be and if u want to do that anyway, u have to cope with -1 player active. I dont think this is any kind of technical issue that cant be solved.

In my opinion the discussion should be more about if there would be any kind of negative influence to the game if a 12th person would be alowed to (re-)login into an instance and this is what the Devs should have to (re-)consider.

#2:

I also dont like the poll u started, since it is way too black and white, not only regarding the answer options, to have any discussion about balancing.

We shouldnt talk just about two classes, that are supposed to be OP without any background information, balancing is way more complex. We have to consider in which cases, areas and lineups these classes are used and what alternatives are there.

Yes, its true that warmages and champs are very strong in Gorge - for example - but other classes are as well, depending on ur playstyle and lineup and its a whole other story redarding other instances and for sure instances yet to come.

So we shouldnt just say if 2 classes are too strong or not (in gorge) but consider the big picture and if we do that, things begin to be very complicated. Of course we can do that (in fact I think such discussions are very important), but not with a poll having 3 options, if we want to have any constructive and usable results.

Best regards!

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

Edited 2 times, last by melodic ().

• thanks for the feedback. the strawpol is just for myself and has nothing to do with the gamebalance itself.

Never underestimate what you do for others.

Things that seem small, even meaningless or pointless to you,

might mean everything to the person you interact with.

• Being kicked out of the instance for crashing client has always been annoying for years. If the party/raid leader crashes and the new leader is on a different channel or have the instance set to a different mode then the older leader who crashed he will be outside even if the party/raid is less then 12 man. Part of a solution is when everyone enters the instance is to have their instance level all reset to the leaders level (IE: Easy or Normal or Hard), so if the leader crashes the mode is not changed to the one set by the new leader.

Part of a solution is when everyone enters the instance is to have their instance level all reset to the leaders level (IE: Easy or Normal or Hard), so if the leader crashes the mode is not changed to the one set by the new leader.

Without having any addons like autoinvites and raid-managers the difficulty does not change when you become new party leader after previous one crashing.

So if the difficulty changes, that is due to any addons that are set to change difficulty to any other specific one and makes this problem unsolvable for the Devs, since these addons always would change it back to their individually set difficulty when the client tries to keep it as before. It would be up to all raidmembers to check that their addons all have the same difficulty set.

Please correct me if im wrong here. :D

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

Closed the thread.