Dual wield offhand bug

• I've reported this bug while ago, but wanna ask to community too, when you pass a certain limit on main hand attack speed, your offhand isn't working, so you losing your white attacks. I'm curious if its only me noticed this so wanna start a discussion here.
    Here are my test results;

YouTube

the world chico, and everything in it.

Edited 3 times, last by espar91 ().

• what kind of daggers did you use to test? and whats the % atk speed values on your screen (potions, buffs or pets) ?

Never underestimate what you do for others.

Things that seem small, even meaningless or pointless to you,

might mean everything to the person you interact with.

• no, this bug is quite old, same with the atkspeedcap ( and the scout ) but hey..3

"Vater, vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun!"
    Lukas Evangelium 23:34

• what kind of daggers did you use to test? and whats the % atk speed values on your screen (potions, buffs or pets) ?

This isn't about dagger or attack speed of offhand, thats happening when you reach a certain attack speed with main hand(Around 1.1, not even 0.5). Tested with 1H Hammer and 1H Sword too. During this test I had conracks burning knife + raksha dagger, I've typed buffs on there already

• This isn't about dagger or attack speed of offhand, thats happening when you reach a certain attack speed with main hand(Around 1.1, not even 0.5). Tested with 1H Hammer and 1H Sword too. During this test I had conracks burning knife + raksha dagger, I've typed buffs on there already

to understand you correctly so you mean as faster you atk with mainhand it lowers the chance of whitehits - right? or if you reach a specific value of atk speed?

Never underestimate what you do for others.

Things that seem small, even meaningless or pointless to you,

might mean everything to the person you interact with.

• This isn't about dagger or attack speed of offhand, thats happening when you reach a certain attack speed with main hand(Around 1.1, not even 0.5). Tested with 1H Hammer and 1H Sword too. During this test I had conracks burning knife + raksha dagger, I've typed buffs on there already

to understand you correctly so you mean as faster you atk with mainhand it lowers the chance of whitehits - right? or if you reach a specific value of atk speed?

No it's not lowering whitehits directly, its disabling your offhand and offhand isn't working at all, even character isn't swinging his offhand as animation. Also on combatmeter, only main hand dealing damage, so its not a visual bug.

• did u also try using no weapon in mainhand but one in offhand? does it occur then as well?
    btw try to count ur hits in combat log, there u should be able to tell apart main and offhand hits from their dmg done - then u have more precise values for ur hits from main- and offhand, though its much more effort :D

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• I did already, offhand isn't dealing damage.Also without weapon (unarmed) has too low attack speed (probably 4 as default) and won't reach to that certain point.

• Official Post

Hello,

This issue is connected directly with no cap for attack speed. When having too much of attack speed increase bonuses, server attempts to use 2 times main weapon per second, blocking possibility to offhand being used properly.

The only solution is putting cap for attack speed, which means no any form of nerf, but possibility to offhand being used properly, so in fact you can get even better on it, if your offhand weapon is good. However we are still discussing that change, as it needs a lot of tests and researches to make sure it is changed properly, without creating any other issues.

Greetings

• How come that if u use 2 mainhand attacks per second, that it blocks the offhand? Does the game mechanics allow just 2 melee-whitehits per second, not regarding if its main or offhand or are those hits limited by the communication between server and client or any other processes?
    I mean, as mage/wd u can also cast more than 2 casts per second and as scout it also is possible to hit more than twice per second with auto-shot.
    As i understand this, there already is some sort of "cap" on possible hits per second, so wouldnt u have to remove this cap somehow and not reduce the minimal amout of hits u can do with ur mainhand per second, to allow the offhand to hit in between as well?
    Im sorry, but im a bit confused here ?(;(

And in fact, this issue mainly is about the rogue/mage (/warlock :P ), were the dmg u deal by the hits themselves doesnt matter, but the extra dmg that is triggered by "Enchanted Throw", so u want to hit as often as possible per second, where u dont care about the dmg per hit of the offhand itself. And overall, in comparison to mainhand hits and skills, the offhand hits do very little dmg as well, so theres even then no reason to use a "good" offhand, just a fast one ;)

Best regards

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

Edited once, last by melodic ().

• It couldn't limited as 2 hits for both weapons per sec because with a bit lesser attack speed, it does way more hits. Like 3-4 per seconds, as you can see in video. Problem is my attack speed buffs making me do lesser hits which sounds dope xD

Closed the thread.