How does crit, critrate and critresistence work?

• Dear community,
    I am currently playing scout/rogue on Insomnia and im wondering how crit - crit rate - crit resistence is working.

Of course i know crit is a little bit luckbased but still over 10 runs "Aeternal Circle" my skills crit around 30-40%.
    The first boss in this dungeon should have 4.000 crit resistence.
    I have fullburst 6.712 (81,68%) crit rate and offburst still 5.869 (79,05%) crit rate.
    I am level 72 and the boss is level 75.
    We had no crit resistence reduciton (wl/m or s/wrd) in party.

1. Does anybody know how exactly crit resistence influences my critrate?

I know there are some soft and hardcaps for crit. Till 50% (37 crit = 1%) and around 75% (100 crit = 1%) you get less % critrate on same level per critpoint.

2. Is my crit rate against a boss or a mop calculated by factoring critresistence and critpoints or is it calculated by comparing critresistence and % critrate?

Would be nice if anybody can answer my question :thumbup:

Silence :)

• Hi nadana,

thank you for your help.
    I allready found this link by my own but it seems not correct:

CritResist = 60 * (Target's Level) + 600
    In my example it would be 60 * 75 + 600 = 5100 not 4000

CRate > CResist / 2 =100 * [(CRate) - (CResist) / 4 ] / (CRate)
    In my example it would be 100 * (5869 - 4000) /4 / 5869 = 7.96%

Even if i use the calculated critresistence and not the real one:
    100 * (5869-5100) /4 /5869 = 3.28%

Silence

• the site is based on the normal content, i guess.

Never underestimate what you do for others.

Things that seem small, even meaningless or pointless to you,

might mean everything to the person you interact with.

• Aeternal Cirlce is "nomal content".
    As far as i know they didnt change anything (Hp, defence or crit resistence of bosses).

• As I know you have a based crit chance which you can see on character frame, your actual crit rate which depends on your targets level, adding/subtracting from that chance. For example we are level 104, against level 107 bosses I'm losing crit rate around 20-25%, but again, against 90 level boss it is gaining 3-4% (values are for me, not an actual calculation, all about statistics of mine.) So I believe that formula is giving change of chance against your target.

the world chico, and everything in it.

• I dont know why this topic came up again, but the formulas from gamepedia, to where Nadana posted the link, are quite accurate. Of course i cant confirm their correctnes, since i dont know the exact game mechanics, but from what i experienced over the years they fit the actual crit values very fine - including some variations due to "randomnes"...same on gf servers and on Arcadia.
    What Silence did wrong in his calculation, is that he put the breakets wrong in
    [(CRate) - (CResist) / 4 ] / (CRate) --> (5869 - 4000) /4 / 5869 = 7.96% , simple and common mistake, which leads to a totally different result...obviously noone did notice that or noone cared. ?(

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• Hi,
    on my experience on gf servers the following formula was nearly 100% perfect, except some randomnes. The gamepedia formulas are too old. after it was written, some changes on formulas was implemented in the several past years

Your chance to crit = ((('Your Critical Hit' - 'Target Critical Resistance') / 'Highest Critical value') + 1) / 2

'Your Critical Hit' is value from character screen (for example 7000)

'Target Critical Resistance' is Target Critical Resistance (for example 3000 for lvl90 mob)

'Highest Critical value' is the highest critical value of these (for
    example 7000 is higher then 3000 so 7000 is the value we use)

Your chance to crit = (((7000 - 3000) / 7000) + 1) / 2 = 78.57%

Your own 'Critical Hit' is easy to find, its on the character screen

Your 'Target Critical Resistance' = 'Increased Critical Resistance bonuses' + 300 + (30 x 'target level')

Your targets 'Increased Critical Resistance bonuses' comes from honor gear, skills, etc.

If your target is a boss (not sure if it's also with none bosses) and
    his level is higher then your level then his Critical Resistance gets a
    bonus:

(('Target level' + 1) - 'Your level') x 650

So for example:

You lvl90

Your Critical Hit 7500

Boss lvl92

Boss Critical Resistance bonus 3000

Then our 'Target Critical Resistance' = 3000 + 300 + (30 x 92 = 2760) + (((92 + 1) - 90) x 650) = 8010

So your chance to crit = (((7500 - 8010) / 8010) + 1) / 2 = 46.82%

If you would happen to have a d/r with max rock slide and a wl/m wit max
    Saces Cracking Spell in your raid then your chance to crit would be:

(((7500 - 5560) / 7500) + 1) / 2 = 64.47%

if you go with that same raid to a lvl87 boss who doesn't have any crit resist bonus then your chance to crit would be:

(((7500 - 230) / 7500) + 1) / 2 = 98.47%

Closed the thread.