Posts by Machete

Hi,
    since I missed to collect those Hydro-Draconaris in December, I am still waiting for another event that makes them accessible. Is it possible to change rotation? I think fire and Geo were available twice since December now.

Skill Name: Assault of the Animal Spirit

ISS Level: 95

Suggested changes: would you plz check this spell? there is a high chance (at least on training course) that absolutely no effect triggers (but seems like there is a very very small chance that both effects triggers simultaneously).

Reasoning for these changes: should better work as intended, i would also suggest, if not intended, that both effects can trigger once within 25 sec, i think this is how the old skill works

Thanks for the opportunity to share concerns! I would also appreciate if changes do not touch balancing hard, but i think a few changes would not be bad:

Skill Name: Beast Punishment

ISS Level: 75

Suggested changes: Remove casttime, set damage to 660% (should be the same amount as now)

Reasoning for these changes: Its an in-line AOE, hitting all enemies between caster
    and target. And that’s the main problem, enemy movements after starting the
    cast cannot be compensated, the chance to hit only one target is quite high,
    but as the damage is a lot lower than of charged chop, targeting should not
    that difficult

Other: 1. recurrent skill of 6 by 7 new skills! The warden could really need
    another damageskill, but at current status this one is not worth extraction

Skill Name: Shadow of the Mist

ISS Level: 80

Suggested changes: none, not the best skill but at least it might help a
    warden/warrior DD not to pull aggro (I don’t think other warden combinations do
    need this skill)

Reasoning for these changes: -

Other: 2. recurrent skill of 6 by 7 new skills!

Skill Name: Chaos of Greed

ISS Level: 85

Suggested changes: remove binding to oak walker, increase range to 200

Reasoning for these changes: as a lot of wardens’ setskills, this one only
    works with or on a summoned pet. Would be okay, as the warden will always play
    with one (there are a few bosses where a pet is obstructive) but using the oak
    walker is not useful for most combinations. Why increasing the range? Because
    wardens pets are damned slow and chiron is even a ranged DD

Other: 3. recurrent skill of 6 by 7 new skills!

Skill Name: Unbridled Will

ISS Level: 90

Suggested changes: totally rework this one and give the warden(/warrior) the
    opportunity to be an at least acceptable tank. Many classes have damage reducing
    setskills, the warden as a melee fighter hasn’t. As druid/wardens briar shield
    can’t be used on a warden that needs his own one, a heal increase or lp
    increase - stronger than that of “protection of nature” - would be also nice

Reasoning for these changes: it is totally useless. Most times, pets are not
    infected by stunning or fearing debuffs, and if they are – no one cares.
    Pulling mobs with spirit of the oak and debuffing any disable could be an
    application for this skill (but it can't debuff, need to be activated to prevent) if you are tanking, but actually there are a lot
    more details missing for warden tank AND 10sec with cd of 60 sec, not useful if
    you need to pull through an instance

Other: 4. recurrent skill of 6 by 7 new skills!

Skill Name: Assault of the Animal Spirit

ISS Level: 95

Suggested changes: couldn’t test up to now, but sounds nice

Reasoning for these changes: none, except:

Other: 5. recurrent skill of 6 by 7 new skills!

Skill Name: Echo Effect

ISS Level: 98

Suggested changes: give damage reduction to pet and warden and let it last a
    lot longer (maybe 5 min?) or totally reword this one

Reasoning for these changes: another remake, another
    pet buff that does not strengthen the warden at all. It might be good for
    pulling with pet if you are tanking, but well, just relevant for one warden
    combination and even for this one not really usefull, why? Because no pet can
    do enough aggro for tanking, after pulling the warden needs to take the targets

Other: 6. recurrent skill of 6 by 7 new skills!

Skill Name: Nervous Tribulations

ISS Level: 99

Suggested changes: unbind the effect from pet position or increase effect range

Reasoning for these changes: pets are slow, hard to
    control their movement

Other: Wow, first one we haven’t seen before AND:
    first possibility for a warden (well, not rly for warden, more the pet) to
    interrupt if sec class doesn’t offer any interrupting effect

Classes which are actually balanced in my opinion are: druid, scout, priest, champ, knight, warlock, warden and rogue. In my opinion, global class inequalities are reduced to the magician,

How do you think about the warrior as pDD?

However, most of the necessary balancing is in the different secondary classes of the different classes. Because while now you can actually play any class with one or more secondary classes meaningful, there are some class combinations that are not useful because their skills are not adapted or too weak.

I think, it is alomst impossible to equal all classes in their use. Except some special ones, as u said before, the balancing is already quite well, with some special items like magic 2H-sword its even better than on other servers.

Therefore, I would be very happy if this problem is also treated. Maybe only after the set skills, if that would be too much at the same time. Nevertheless, this aspect should also be considered during the set-skills balancing so that no aggravations occur, also with regard to the different class combinations.

I would always vote for diversity, but to be honest: if you need to decide where to set focus on, i would prefer new challenges like bosses, instances etc.

warden/warrior does not make much sense because many bossfights last longer than 30sec. As the warden has less damage reduction or def increase than champ/knight/warrior (not counting feral leader which just helps for 30 sec) and deals a lot less dmg than a champ, AND always needs to care about the pet which can be targeted and killed in some fights, í would not recommend tanking with warden. And theres another reason why warden tanking is bad: briar shield from druid/warden increases incoming heal, which is nice for all tanks. The warden tank usually can not use it, because he needs his own, which increases pdef for more than 62%.
    To summarize: all knight tanks are great on this server, especially with the new shield. Champ tanks are also nice doing great aggro through dmg and having mass of pdef. Warden tanks suck, especially on this server because boss fights in higher instances or worldbosses last longer and heal can't be increased through briar shield(not talking about Hos HM).

Well, the heal does not rly matter, because healer do overheal a lot anyways.

I think it does, a good druid can get to 700k single heal, a good tank comes close to 2kk lp. As some hits in higher instances/world bosses are quite high, heals above 1kk may be even necessary. Not possible on a warden tank.

warden/warrior does not make much sense because many bossfights last longer than 30sec. As the warden has less damage reduction or def increase than champ/knight/warrior (not counting feral leader which just helps for 30 sec) and deals a lot less dmg than a champ, AND always needs to care about the pet which can be targeted and killed in some fights, í would not recommend tanking with warden. And theres another reason why warden tanking is bad: briar shield from druid/warden increases incoming heal, which is nice for all tanks. The warden tank usually can not use it, because he needs his own, which increases pdef for more than 62%.
    To summarize: all knight tanks are great on this server, especially with the new shield. Champ tanks are also nice doing great aggro through dmg and having mass of pdef. Warden tanks suck, especially on this server because boss fights in higher instances or worldbosses last longer and heal can't be increased through briar shield(not talking about Hos HM).

Please don't missunderstand me, I am glad for all scouts, but i don't think it was really necessary to readjust scouts patk. The ones with whom I run instances with were still so strong. I just know one pdd class (champ/rogue) that tends to deal more dmg in boss fights than the scout/...-warden/-rogue/-mage.
    And still, being ranged is a great advantage in some tikal, but also inferno boss fights. Not only because of more dmg, also because of an easy way to evade boss effects.
    Warriors/Champs/Warden do only get patk through strengh, this is a big disadvantage using those stronge runes that everyone can buy/build easily on this server. Warriors and Champs at least get 2 patk points per str, but what about warden? Including scouts passive, the scout gets nearly as much patk through str AND dex as the warden gets just for str.
    I know there are a lot of people here which like to play the scout, but if you do not want to adjust the scout, why not promote diversity through small boosts of other classes? There were many proposals on this forum....

After a few runs I noticed that only the first 4 bosses drop lava-shards. They drop one or two which means that the party gets 6 lava-shards in one run. To build an item we need 10. Wouldn't it be better if the first 4 bosses drop 10 lava-shards so we can build an item every run?

I agree on this. Inferno system with shards and so is a copy of HoE. There a party could get 1 item per run, can we have the same now? We are starting to have too much orange fragments and no way to get enough lava shards. Thanks.

I would also support a change in lava-shard drop! Thanks a lot!

I would not recommend using the oak walker as warden/scout. Chiron is more helpful to increase your own damage and nature crystal helps to increase groups damage. Dalanis nightmare is the only high instance where i would prefer honey rips to that itemshop soup.
    You say you hit for about one million, is this open world unbuffed or any instance mob?

Inspired by Gargoyle, who is just trying to get his warden/scout more powerful i am just thinking of some changes, that would help to get the warden a better position in a raid. The /scout is well known for "morale boost", but as most of its set- and elite skills are used to strenghen his pet not much skills are left for a rota (mainly charged chop). "Secret agreement" is one of the elite skills that gives chiron more power but for some reasons it was nerved (i think in 2014), not giving ca. 40% bonus dmg to chiron but only 20%. maybe this can be undone?

Or maybe the scout skills can get more useful? As the scouts strong passives are missing (and wardens bow is normally stated), warden/scout's "shot" is not comparable to the scouts. As long as scouts "joint blow" and "throat attack" aren't based on percentage dmg they just cost to much focus for being used. Maybe some changes will give warden/scout more than a rota of charged chop and untamable (40 focus costs!!!).

Generally, wardens set skills are weak... only "close to be" must haves is "petmaster" or "binding contract" (just one of both can be used) and animal spirit eclipse. since wardens pet can't/shouldn't tank, unbind an companion are totally useless. dance of confusion has such a low range that fight is almost over when oak walker arrives at boss/target. And ofc it can only be used if oak walker is being used (what normally shouldn't be the case because chiron is better for dmg if you're /scout, crystal is better for dmg/supp if your sec is anything else and spirit of the oak is needed for tanking). Beast king attack is costintensive and while casting you can do 2 charged chops doing triple dmg each (okay, only at one Target).

Still, i like the warden, but if the programmer crew needs some work... why not implementing some small warden changes? =)

Hi,
    went through goblin mine today when the message appeared that i cant carry more shells... checked my Stock: Still 1000. Don't know if its just wrong displayed or if i lost some shells. Could you plz check this generally?