Posts by Uure

Probably the way windows works but maybe you could look into this?

My computer has two monitors, on one I play CoA, on the other there could be something else (say, browser with CoA forum :D or a youtube video or discord). On the first monitor I only run CoA. In windowed mode I get 5-15 fps, in full screen mode it fps grow to 40-50.

So I would rather play CoA full screen, but is basically impossible: as long as CoA has focus the other screen can show something. Good. BUT at the moment any other window gets focus (say, I click in the browser on the 2nd screen) full-screen CoA on the first screen closes to task bar and I have to alt-tab to get it back (even worse with focus following mouse - it's enough to move mouse by accident to the other screen and CoA full-screen window vanishes to taskbar).

Is there any way to prevent this behavior? It would be really cool to play CoA with more than 5-15 fps...

Actually, there is an easier and much safer solution!

TL;DR: Please

• download attached Load.txt file
    • rename it to Load.lua and replace the original Load.lua in the top folder of AU
    • (plus, if you downloaded DynamicOSV.lua from the first post above, please delete it, keep just the original DynamicOSV.luac)

----

Details: First, big thanks to Idhril for the suggestion! :) The whole change is just one line:

Code
    GetPlayerItemLevel = GetPlayerGearScore

It basically defines again the removed API call before loading the file which uses it. Much, much safer than my decompiling and manual edits in the file from the first post!

10.6.0.1005 broke AU's DynamicOSV

Update: next post shows a simpler and much safer solution. I now remove the old attachment from this post, please update the Load.lua instead!

----

Original post:

Until SchrodingerCoA fixes it in Curse you can try to use attached file. Just drop it in Interface\Addons\ArcadiaUtilities\BasePlugins\DynamicOSV , rename to DynamicOSV.lua (you can leave the .luac next to it, it will not be used when .lua is there).

Disclaimer: my lua decompiler creates files requiring lua 5.2+, newer than what CoA uses -> I had to do some more manual changes to make it work and I did not bother to make 200% sure that all is correct. :P So be warned - it's a quick and dirty workaround, seems to work fine for me but some corner cases might be wrong! And when AU is updated please do update to the official version!

Today's patch: https://chroniclesofarcadia.com/patch-10-6-0-1000-dark-core/

• Renamed GetPlayerItemLevel() to GetPlayerGearScore().

Result: on-screen-values addon broken:

It's OK to clean up API, the error takes 2 minutes to fix, but still - maybe you could keep the old functions working for a while to give time to update addons to new API before the deprecated calls are removed?

(PS: But I know, a bit idealistic to assume that maintainers will react before the deprecated functions are removed ;) Still - now you don't even give a chance )

TL;DR partially upgraded cards taken out from monster compedium (i.e. in backpack or in AH) need additional information in the tooltip.

----

I mentioned already some information visible in card-tooltip (e.g. range of possible values) is missing when you look at the card in monster compedium.

It's also a small possible issue the other way around. Currently (is it going to stay this way?) card upgrade progress is bound to a card. If a card was in compedium and 20 monsters were killed and 10 this-type cards were disenchanted, and then this card is taken out and given to e.g. a different player this progress of 20 monsters and 10 disenchantments is visible in monster compedium of the other player.

This is fine if it is to stay this way, BUT then the cards taken out of compedium miss information in the tooltip. Partially upgraded cards need less work to get them to 5 stars and would have e.g. higher value in AH, but ... the info is nowhere to be seen. Only after you get the card and insert it in your monster compedium you can see that it had already been partially upgraded (e.g. has 20 monsters and 10 disenchantments already).

Ha! It's already there already! :D

https://www.curseforge.com/chronicles-of-arcadia/addons/ikarus

Added in 2019 by some strange person called "gmbyte" :D

(And - this explains the other differences in the diff in the first post above - the diff against the arcadia version is very clean, only bard-related changes.)

So this Arcadia version needs an update to make it work at all after the bard patch. See attachment. Maybe Byte would want to apply it?

PS: It's a bit of a workaround - knight icon is reused, colors are kind of random etc. - but it does make it work.

1. Can you fill in search field the name of the mob when the new card interface is open and someone shift-clicks on a card? (Kind of AAH style, just with "Card - " removed).

2. Maybe I'm missing someting, but: when you look at a card you can see in tooltip the range of values possible. Once the card is in the new system you cannot see this, right? Prob. not that useful (maybe if you get your stat but minimum, you may want to re-roll rather than upgrade?) but it's a bit weird that this info is not there in UI.

No one complained so probably no one uses Ikarus anymore :P , but if you wanted to try:

* download it from Curse https://www.curseforge.com/rom/addons/ikarus-unitframes

* unpack it and apply attached patch

PS: the patch contains some tiny UnitHealth related changes too - I don't remember anymore, maybe these are not needed but they do not break anything :P

(PS: Why I used Ikarus?

* elegant/clean (just portraits and bars, no thick gold round frames etc.)

* very configurable (do you want to see target of the tartget? what should be location/sizes of buff/debuff icons etc.)

* and other - see above link on Curse)

I have just uninstalled Ikarus. Besides estetics, the main thing I'm missing is ... indication of my own class combination (unless I have own name displayed with class over the toon). For a selected target I can see the class icons above the target's name. Maybe it could be possible to show player's class icons somewhere next to the portrait too?

With so many class combinations that we play in CoA, imo it's really useful. Now I keep hitting "C" just to see what class combo I'm on...

(in Ikarus it was done as plain text, see e.g. the screenshot from curse:

636173234381904027.png

PS: I was using Ikarus for years, I wanted to try now playing without it. Maybe I'm missing something and it is already somehow possible?

PS: (And just a matter of taste, but the thick golden circle around your portrait is just a super ugly :P waste of screen space - I will give the default UI a go, but I guess on estetics level I will miss the elegance of Ikarus...)

If you put in the action bar a skill which gives a buff and activate it, the skill gets "running ants" frame highlight in the action bar

Example:

* skill 490248 (mage's Fire Ward/Ochrona przed Ogniem)

* gives buff 500366 with the same name (Fire Ward/Ochrona przed Ogniem)

BUT if you put in the action bar an item/potion etc. which gives a buff and activate it, the skill in the action bar does not get "running ants" frame highlight

Example:

* item 207202 ("Potion: Clear Thought"/"Eliksir: Czysty Umysł" potion from house maid)

* gives buff 506686 ("Clear Thought"/"Czysty Umysł" buff)

52140714199_b2e59722cc_c.jpg

Could you add the "running ant" effect for items too?

PS: "ExtendedActionBar" addon did this. Unfortunately with it activated I can see the old Monster Compedium :( So I had to uninstall it and the most most most most most annoying side effect is not being able to see right away in the action bars that some item buffs need refreshing. ;(

NPC Jess Hays in Varanas: choose the 30k donation.

Any old class: you get a Haidon buff (the same as from one from IS auras, e.g. 625656).

As Bard: nothing happens.

Not that important, but just inconvenient: if you want to get the buff from this NPC you need to change class to not-bard first.

(BTW: imo it's not worth investing in any smart fix; for other classes the maching of main class vs buff group is only very general - a magical knight will still get a tanky buff not a magical one etc. So I guess you don't need to match this perfectly for Bard either - most Bards are magical? then give the same kind of buff as for mages)

House furniture TP bonus:

52086520310_0d932aac1b_n.jpg

As I said, for me the reference is (the same house, the same character) Wl class, lvl 105 with total TP:

52086044658_c0dc7dfbc1_w.jpg

and nice TP bonus:

52086044648_42f5dc299c_z.jpg

Now on the same character, for Bard class (also lvl 105) I have: total TP

52086263399_0cba5632dc_w.jpg

Bard - TP bonus 2022-05-14

52086021896_821e9b6b1d_n.jpg

Bard - TP bonus today, 2022-05-20, after basically every night in house - no change:

52086021891_c48659d346_w.jpg

So how does it work? I'm pretty sure that the cap used to be based on level, and on one char TP bonus for different classes was independent from each other, with the same cap (if level was the same). Maybe I'm wrong?

Anyway, so is there is a cap now based on some sort of SUM of bonuses for different classes and not on each class separately (this is how it used to be)? For me, for example, on one character:

* Wl lvl 105 bonus is ca. 15kk

* (other classes on the same toon have some other much small bonus)

* and for B lvl 105 the bonus is a tiny 108k and does not grow anymore.

Why the difference? How do I enable larger Bard TP bonus build-up? Do I need to burn the Wl bonus?

For my char the same happens - no matter how long he stays at home there is no tp bonus increase. Each class seems to be stuck at a different TP bonus level.

Was there a conclusion from this thread? Is there a rule (I don't know: some max based on total for all classes?) or a support ticket is the magic solution?

1. Language: PL

2. Client version: 10.5.0.1010 but it is like this for a while already

3. Problem description / suggestion:

149765 "Mind Vitalization" is translated in Polish as "Ożywienie Ciała" should be "Ożywienie Umysłu".

The main problem with this is that there is another skill named "Ożywienie Ciała" ("Body Vitalization"), so with wrong translation of 149765 D/Wl in Polish gets two skills with the same name (so you cannot use e.g. CastSkillByName in a meaningful way, for example!)

PS: Also, Polish tooltip of the upgrading elite 1490624 "Deadly Vitalization"/"Zabójcze Uzdrowienie" says it upgrades "Ożywienie Ciała" while in fact it upgrades "Ożywienie Umysłu" (i.e. it references the mistranslated name of the upgraded skill? Should get fixed automatically if 149765 is fixed, right?)

With the changed codex book it would be cool to have a function like "Skip to last page" or a search function for an instance. Would be very nice since u need to skip a lot of pages for example if u want to go to lvl 100 instances.

This will not help you if you want to go e.g. a couple of times to Grafu Castle to finish quests. Or you use any other instance just as a way to get to a specific zone. Used to be convenient, and it is a looooot of annoying clicking now.

So even better: please restore the old by-continent grouping, just add on top the 2 groups for Core and Nostalgia, and sort the rest from the highest-level continents first? This way Arcadia instances would still be directly behind the first 2 top options, while choosing any other instance would still be only 2-3 clicks, just as it used to be. :P

Hi!

If you try to preview items in IS - sometimes ctrl+click works (e.g. in this weekend's Knight of Taborea Costume Package), sometimes it does not...

So here is what I do if preview does not work.

• In this weekend's promo there is a Shadow Scout Costume Package, mouse over shows that it contains "Shadow Scout Armor"
    • Go to https://database.rom-welten.de/ , choose your language (e.g. eneu for English), search for "Shadow Scout Armor"
    • You see there that for the male version item id is 226081

Now replace in the code below "charName" with the name of your character

Code
    /run SendChatMessage("|Hitem:"..string.format("%X", tonumber(226081)).."|h|cffc805f8[test]|r|h", "WHISPER", 0 , "charName")

and run it - you will get a link you can click on.

(Ofc, to get other items replace 226081 with the id from welten db.)

BTW: any easier ideas?

I have some simple macros to simplify interactions with NPCs. Example would be getting a Haidon buff from NPC (if you don't have Aura from IS), or buying even flowers or whatever.

They contain (for Polish loca the attack skill is called "Atak")

Code
    /cast Atak

Somehow since a couple of days this does not work anymore... You can still press "1" to start interaction with an NPC (so it is not about some click-to-move or related settings), but from a macro this does not work anymore.

Not a big issue, but has anyone seen this too?