Enhancing the Game Experience: A Plea for Innovation and Support

• Hello everyone,

I may not be an active member in this forum, and I've never contributed here before. However, I'd like to share my humble experiences and thoughts regarding the state of the game, as well as suggestions for its improvement. While I understand that not everyone will agree with me, I believe that discussions like these are essential for the overall betterment of the game.

To begin, I must express my genuine appreciation for the game's core concept. Ever since I started playing it as a child, I've enjoyed the experience Over the years, what has consistently motivated me to invest countless hours and effort into the game is my passion for challenges, competition, and the thrill of conquering dungeons with friends. Therefore, I believe that the game should prioritize the enhancement of its dungeon system.

If you were to ask any player in the game why they tirelessly complete quests, farm for hours, and grind daily, most would tell you that it's all about improving their character and excelling in dungeons. The primary factor causing boredom for active and end-game players is the repetitiveness of the gameplay. People become disinterested when they find themselves repeatedly doing the same tasks.

On the other hand, new player, may lack the motivation to continue because they struggle to reach the base character level within a reasonable timeframe. This challenge arises due to the extended time required to acquire gear, cards, Artefact, and other necessary resources. For end-game players, dungeons lose their appeal as they've already completed them numerous times and have experimented with nearly every possible class combination.

I'd like to offer some suggestions and share my thoughts on how we can address these issues, as well as provide insights into my experience with the game's previous decisions and its current state.

In my opinion, the frequent introduction of new instances, might be overdone in its current format. Additionally, introducing new grinding concepts like (AoD) or compelling players to level up all crafting skills, or even imposing incredibly challenging questlines, could be strategies to infuse more fun into the game.

However, I believe these approaches may inadvertently demotivate new players from investing their time in the game. For example, before the introduction of AoD, I was an active player, nearly reaching the end-game status. Yet, after its launch, I found myself losing all motivation to continue playing. The grind and the activities required, which I personally find extremely tedious and bothersome.

While adding new content is undoubtedly exciting, it's crucial not to impose it upon everyone. Forcing players to spend countless hours a day crafting a robot, for instance, seems counterintuitive when there could be alternatives such as making materials unbound and introducing new economic aspects to the game. Similarly, spending weeks searching for an item in a vast map with minimal hints, where the item isn't even clearly visible when you're near it, can be a frustrating experience.

Furthermore, creating instances with a lack of creativity and enjoyment is not the solution. Merely introducing three or four instances per year doesn't necessarily make the game more exciting. I would prefer to have a single, exhilarating, and challenging instance once 1-1,5 year that remains enjoyable regardless of the time spent on it. I genuinely believe that, given the resources and mechanics the game has, we can design captivating dungeons with innovative ideas and creativity.

I'd like to address another aspect that could significantly enhance the overall game experience, namely, a more in-depth exploration of class skills and the reworking of existing classes, rather than the introduction of new ones (as seen with the Bard, which, in my opinion, was a considerable disappointment). Specifically, especially as a primary class, demonstrates a lack of creativity. Most Bard classes rely on a monotonous rotation of 3 or 4 skills, resulting a really bad game experience as well as the fact that they're relatively weak when compared to other classes.

To make the game more engaging, I propose enhancing Bard and other classes, particularly Scouts and Mages, by making them more intricate and providing a wider range of possibilities. For example, let's consider the Warriors, Champions, and Rogues with Katanas. In my view, these three categories are the most enjoyable and well-crafted classes in the game. Warriors, for instance, possess an extensive array of skills and options, allowing for the creation of intriguing combinations. The fact that these classes can employ multiple weapons in different situations adds a layer of excitement and competition among players. Those who understand their class well tend to outperform others.

Champions are similar in that they require players to work with a variety of elements to excel. The Rogue with a katana is a standout, with the "perfect slice" mechanic being a particularly brilliant and engaging concept, (especially when played manually ofcourse :p) Having to pay close attention and execute it at the right moment adds a dynamic element to gameplay. Furthermore, the retention of the dagger as a viable option ensures that even those who prefer not to invest in a new weapon or aren't comfortable with it can still compete effectively using the dagger.

introducing fresh and diverse gameplay elements would continually motivate players to experiment with different classes. Simultaneously, it would encourage them to invest more time in developing innovative strategies to enhance their preferred class rotations. This approach not only makes player knowledge and creativity pivotal to their performance but also shifts the focus from relying only on character resources like gear and cards for damage output.

Additionally, I believe it's essential to consider the role of support classes in the game. While having dedicated support roles is a positive aspect, I'd love to see these classes demanding a certain level of skill and awareness from players. A prime example of this was the Warlock/Mage class before the Warlock changes. It served as an excellent support class that required a depth of knowledge and made a substantial impact. I think reworking other support classes in a similar manner would provide a significant source of enjoyment, as opposed to the current practice of merely clicking one skill and then going AFK for the remainder of the run.

Creating a plethora of guides is crucial, particularly guides that focus on dungeon gameplay, class strategies, and the effective use of features like Kittycombo. Many players lack a clear understanding of these important aspects, which can significantly impact the game. Encouraging experienced players to contribute to this educational content is an excellent approach. This could be Enhancing the Game Experience: A Plea for Innovation and Support by rewarding them for each informative piece they create for new players.

I firmly believe that such resources are highly necessary, especially in a game with a multitude of complex elements that can take years to fully grasp, particularly when players have to navigate this learning curve independently. Moreover, investing in these guides would elevate the overall level of expertise across the server, resulting in a more engaging and competitive gaming experience.

In conclusion, I believe that focusing on improving the dungeon experience should be a top priority, as it is the heart and soul of the game for most players. This would not only retain the interest of dedicated players but also provide a more accessible and enjoyable experience for newcomers...

Best regards

Inco

• Hi,

thank you for the in depth experience you had so far. Even so I didn't play for nearly 6 years and can't say anything in regards to robots and the newest instances and what not other super end content there is atm, but I still did play the end content actively before I quit for those years and as such I can relate to a few points you mentioned.

In my opinion it is true, that most of the mechanics in the game are tailored to the super end game and the "old" players or better the ones with much time and a lot of dedication for the game! (Let's put it that way ;) )

What I can confirm as well is the problem of skill gaps and knowlege to the plethora of classes and class combinations. Thats amplified by the fact, that it is super easy to get a high level fast and skip any content from lower levels! The BIG BIG PROBLEM is, that this lost content was supposed to guide a player to learn his/her class and the class combination/s for future adventures. If you just skip them you suck most of the time, or at least can't bring the full potential to light. BUT THAT'S NOT THE FAULT OF THE GAME! It's the fault of the player who skips them!

For example, in my opinion it would be super fun to implement an event, where you get your level and equipement reduced to a certain level and have to run and complete dungeons of that level. Learn the different strategies again and LEARN TO USE ALL YOUR SKILLS again (or for the first time). And if you are a new player it would automatically give you the chance to find more players to run with and have fun in instances you are supposed to be at and learn your class.

That would be a WIN WIN situation in my books. :)

I really enjoy my slow start and not rushing to the end content and it hurts me to always see the need to instantly be an endcontent player and forgetting that the game has so much more to offer for your enjoyment.

• You are right about instances. I also dont want DEVs to bring 3-4 nostalgia instance every year. 6 people instances are not fun. We need a big instances like Dark Core. I would prefer 1 big instance in a year rather than 4-5 small and boring instances every year. Nostalgia instances are not so fun. We are killing a few mobs and doing some boss events.

I didnt like this AoD also. We should spend our time with farming high endgame instances not AoD or nostalgia instances.

In my opinion next nostalgia instances should be easier. And DEVs should focus on endgame instances.

Please developers make nostalgia instances easy and bring 12- people endgame instances in every 1 or 2 years