Gold Economy

• Official Post

Dear Chronicles of Arcadia Community,

We would like to thank you for your valuable feedback, which has greatly contributed to our decision-making process.
    With patch 10.7.1.4100 the following related changes will be implemented:

Gold Increase from Normal Quests

Gold rewards from normal quests will be increased to 300%. This change aims to:

• Facilitate progression for newcomers, promoting player retention and growth.
    • Increase the overall gold supply within the server, allowing for broader distribution to players.
    • Encourage more free trading opportunities, as opposed to NPC-bound transactions.

Returning Agnes NPC with additional limits

The recent removal of Agnes as the primary gold influx source was necessary due to gold inflation caused by too large fixed pricing and unlimited supply. Our analysis of player data related to Agnes NPC has led to the implementation of a 30kk daily cap per player. This limitation will accommodate the majority of players' monthly exchange needs while preserving a balanced in-game economy.

In addition, based on AH fair market price, and to avoid large inflow, the fixed rate has been halved.

Alts prevention in Atlas

We have implemented a change to disable the ability to bring multiple characters to Atlas from the same player. This change is designed to discourage the use of alt accounts, which can create an unfair advantage for certain players. We recognize that the ability to have multiple accounts is a feature of many online games, but we believe that in this particular case, it can be used to abuse certain aspects of the game, which can lead to an imbalance in the in-game economy. We hope that this change will create a more balanced playing field for all players and that it will promote fair and healthy competition.

Please be aware that the Auction House remains an additional gold source, with additional arbitrage opportunities.

We are constantly monitoring the in-game economy, and we may implement additional changes in the future as needed.

Best regards,

The PlayerNet Team

• Hello,

I'm so glad Agnes is back. But I think the new limit is too low. Here are some of my suggested changes:

1. I would suggest increasing it to at least 50kk or optimally to 100. With the current limit of 30, it is enough to take buffs from the guild castle once and more than half of the gold disappears. The same is true of changing runes in weapons when I want to change class. For each t13 rune it costs close to 10kk.

2. Alternatively, the solution may be to reduce the cost of the above-described things, or allow to pay for it by diamonds.

3. And of course I would prefer a bit lower cost gold offered by Agnes ^^ Maybe between old and new price.

My dream scenario is 4x25kk gold, 150d each.

Regards!

Airforce

• Hey, since so many new stuff got released which coasts a tons of Gold. Would you kindly look into this topic again?

Obv. i dont wanna old Agnes back, cuz i agree with you it was to much Gold already. But now, we have so much stuff which is actually pretty expensive (goldwise).

Especially as a restarter or even new player.. This less gold doesnt give you progress at all in my opinion.

~ just my opinion

Greetings

• Official Post

Airforce  imrobertcampbell  Cosmo

With the release of new content and features, the demand for gold within the game may indeed increase.
    We brought back Agnes NPC, but with a cap, mainly to keep the gold flow in check.

The adjustments we've made are based on data analysis. Such economic changes, especially in a dynamic online environment like ours, require observation over a significant period to see their full effect. This is to ensure that we don't make decisions that might disrupt the balance we are aiming to achieve.

Right now, we're not planning to change the gold limits or prices. But rest assured, we're keeping a close eye on how things are going, especially with gold coming in and out of the game, and keeping your feedback in mind!

• all this change with gold are bad and destroy server idk why u try make gold important :) good times is when only dias are important nothing more and i think ppl remember this :) u just change economy server with no good reason :)

this is even bad for you, u have money when ppl no buy dias? for me this is second worst decision in history this server :) 1st is when i change good system with new instances when we upgrade almost everything u start do thing like aod/nostalgia(but with artifacts, this with hoto 2 items is goodin my opinion) and DC 4 items ;x

• Official Post

all this change with gold are bad and destroy server idk why u try make gold important :) good times is when only dias are important nothing more and i think ppl remember this :) u just change economy server with no good reason :)

this is even bad for you, u have money when ppl no buy dias? for me this is second worst decision in history this server :) 1st is when i change good system with new instances when we upgrade almost everything u start do thing like aod/nostalgia(but with artifacts, this with hoto 2 items is goodin my opinion) and DC 4 items ;x

The decision to increase the importance of gold was taken to diversify the in-game economy. While diamonds have their significance, relying solely on one currency can make the game's economy stagnant and predictable. By introducing a balance between diamonds and gold, we hoped to create a more dynamic and engaging economic environment.

The game's monetization strategy, like any business, needs to be sustainable. While diamonds are a crucial part of our revenue stream, it's essential to ensure that the in-game economy is healthy and diverse. A well-balanced economy can lead to a more engaged player base, which, in turn, benefits the game in the long run.

It's always a challenge to introduce new systems or modify existing ones, as it's nearly impossible to please everyone. The introduction of the new instances and the changes in item upgrades were done to keep the gameplay fresh and challenging. We acknowledge that not every decision will be universally loved, but we always strive to create content that the majority of our players will enjoy.

While we might not revert the recent changes immediately, we're continuously monitoring the game's economy and player feedback to make informed decisions in the future.

• then im probably blind and ppl not leaving :)

for me this is sad bcs some ppl give you very good advice but u just dont care :)

its like with cards, i remember when i told value from cards is too big, u will know this after we can make 2k cards what DEVs answer me here? "no, we all tested" and what u do after few months? u nerf all value from cards XD tell me please why? lot of ppl see things from the start and they tell this is wrong and u answer "no its OK" and after few weeks/months u change this things bcs u dont want tell "ok ppl here have right this is our mistake".

same situation is right now with aod srsly no words... :)

• Official Post

Every player has a unique perspective on the game, based on experience and personal preferences. Our intention is to take a holistic view based on a broad range of player inputs, and our data.

Indeed, there have been events where we've adjusted game mechanics post-launch. We do extensive testing and analysis before releasing new features, but predicting player behavior in a live environment can sometimes be challenging. Adjustments are occasionally necessary after observing real player interactions.

The essence of online games lies in their dynamism, their ability to evolve based on the ecosystem, and the feedback loop of the player community.

For your points regarding the cards value and the AoD, the fact that we have made changes post-launch is proving the commitment. If you have any other suggestions, please make sure you post them in the related thread.

• Of course, it is important to look at the economy of the server. I am also sure that you do. However, I am not entirely clear about this. 100kk currently cost between 1 - 1.3k diamonds in the AH. Now let's just look at how much gold you need alone per day. As a "semi-endcontent player". That's 18kk for the guild castle buffs alone. Furthermore, we might also create various buff food over the day, which we have to use to run instances. For this, I roughly calculate 10kk. That brings us to 28kk. Just to run Ini. I can get 30kk per day for 300 diamonds. But how am I supposed to get them? I have started again and am amazed at all the new things that are available. But EVERYTHING, be it AoD, artifacts, new titles, whatever costs me so much gold. Creating a perfect map. Can cost several 100 million by luck. But well, you can farm gold too, right? - To do that efficiently I need, okay'ish gear, the Travelling Merchant, Magic Perfume, preferably an Ostrich and a completely empty backpack. (I'll just leave out the pets for now). This, in turn, costs me quite a few diamonds. Sure, it's possible. But not really good. Give us ways to farm gold efficiently. If we have to farm it. But currently it's just P2W and no longer F2P friendly.

In my opinion, you should not only look at how much gold is on the server in general. But also how much gold new, re-entering players have. Please don't compare everything with high-end players. Because new players should also have the chance to progress without investing thousands of €. And I don't see this possibility at the moment. And if it is, then only with a lot of time and the support of "friends" in the game.
    Last time I looked there was a wisdom stat from the world boss, which of course can be expensive no question, 8000 diamonds. This corresponds to about 8-900kk gold. This in turn means for people who can't farm that fast because they can't afford various QoL items. 1-2 days of work. We're not even talking about getting the gear, running AoD for the robot, IdK, FA, Kalin, Sakthur...

~ just my opinion
    Greetings

• Now im agree with devs about Agnes changes. it's really helpful for new players. I was banned for 7 days, i had nothing to do and i created a new character. After i finished WB quests line i already got 1k+ dias by sell gold from quests. 1k+ dias at the start its good. I can get elite skills, buy magical parfume to farming 99 lvl for gold and sell it. its simple for new players.

And players who play on this server like about 10 years i guess they should have a millions of diamonds. Just look at Stunter, i remeber him when i came to the sever at 2016-2017 and we was farming tikal and then im left when they released infenro and then im back again at 2022 he still playing and already have a 3 gears. I think for him and for someone who playing on the server for a long time its not a problem to spend 1k diamonds to get 100kk gold. If someone dont have, just a spend like 20 mins at 99 lvl inst. + we have Agnes who still gives us 30kk + Atlas Defense.

• Hey, please just remove the cost of the guild castle buffs. First of all, you invest a million dias to make all 3 towers to 10 and then it costs 6kk gold per buff. You spend at least half an hour farming gold every day to get all 3 level X buffs once. That's really no fun - you want to run instances and have to spend half an hour farming gold beforehand. In general, I hope for adjustments to the gold policy, because it's definitely not fun like that.

• Hey, please just remove the cost of the guild castle buffs. First of all, you invest a million dias to make all 3 towers to 10 and then it costs 6kk gold per buff. You spend at least half an hour farming gold every day to get all 3 level X buffs once. That's really no fun - you want to run instances and have to spend half an hour farming gold beforehand. In general, I hope for adjustments to the gold policy, because it's definitely not fun like that.

Exactly, 6m gold is too much. They should remove this gold cost or just reduce it to 1-2m gold. Nobody wants to farm gold every day just for guild buffs.

• You can still buy Gold from AH though.

The inconvenience and lack of Gold for high-end players is real and will always be a valid concern. Personally, I suffer from it as well. However, I think this inconvenience is outweighed by the convenience for new players to make additional dias.

Knowing this allows you to to save 6million Gold in most cases:

Here is my tips to make this easier for all of us:

1) Always buy your 30mill Gold from Agnes

2) Keep crafting buffood yourself. It is cheaper to buy Gold from AH to craft buffood, than it is to buy buffood.

3) Consistently do Atlas on the weekend and use your Atlas Coins for the Gold Gasha.

4) Have multiple Raid XIII or Curse XIII runes for all your weapons to prevent extraction costs.

5) Consider which Guild Tower buff you actually need.

6) If you still do not have enough Gold, by Gold from AH/global chator farm Gold

Here is an example sellmacro for lazy people who do not want to clean up their inventory. This works for the given strings, for singular items and for quality 1 and 2 (iirc for blue and green items only). No responsibility!

Add as many as you like:

• Indeed we can still buy from AH Gold. And many ppl of us doing so.
    It doesnt change any what mentioned in upper posts. We have to grind already so much. For doing End-Game. Im okay with effort time to farm gold. But the current state is so unpleasent. We have to grind Hours to get atleast a amount of Gold we need. - Buffs, Tier-Stones, Artefact upgrade, Buff-Food. I dont wanna know how much Gold i burned already just for Card System aswell or "Testing" Necro/Worldboss. Thanks to feature leave instance not that much as in the past.
    Still we missing good reward to the time we offer for farming Gold.

- Some advice you give.

Multiple T13 runes are a possibility yes. But neccesary? No. 1xT13 rune = 12.5k Dias which is in current State like 1.2-1.3kkk Gold which means afford of 8-9h farming (nonstop while gain ~ 150kk/h). And this is just 1 rune.
    Atlas minigame, i hope you joke about it. We all doing each weekend. And some ppl just gain 50k-100k a weekend from it, since they lowered the Gold amount you can get.
    Lets choose a Guild-Tower you actually need. Yes in each case you need atleast 12kk no matter what you play. For Necro for example i would recommend each point of stat you can get, same as for Worldboss. - So this argument is just nothing.
    Crafting Bufffood bymyself might be cheaper yes, but still its tons of invest you need to do. (recraft materials, craft the actually food you need). - And yes even with Prestige+ it can be painfull when you create a huge amount of buff-food.
    So actually non of your advices are usefull at all. And was already mentioned by devs. Which in my opinion dont feel as own player (when they play) that this Gold-Rework is pain.

Just some brainstorming:
    - make the price of items higher.
    - increase the value of item we can loot. (max. rn is i guess 4 per mob)

- give us variable options to farm gold. - Do some more kind of Atlas. One idea ppl had in our Guild. (DC normal-mode run it you get 200kk as and reward instead of core or stat/metal)

And as we already mentioned in different posts.
    This Goldtopic is still annoying and it seems like nobody put really a complete eye on it.. I dont believe that ppl still have same amount of gold like in patch before. Since i know i already boughted around 1-2kkk from 1 player which is highend and currently farms really less.

~ just my opinion
    Greetings
    Côsmô

• You are looking at it from the wrong point of view.

Every day you probably need around 50 million Gold on average. With Ryzeks idea, you save 18million Gold with free Guild Tower buffs. With this, all your Gold needs are satisfied with Agnes alone!

This will kill the current business for newbs who can make good diamonds from highend players in need of Gold.

Right now farming Gold is a very valuable, lowbudget and riskfree entry business for all newbs. With comparably very little investment, you realistically earn around 90kk Gold / hour which you can sell for around ~1300 dias in Ah with the current rate.

I am not against any change to the current gold policies but so far any suggestions mentioned will easily destroy the goldfarmindustry.

Let me ask you this:

Imagine about a NPC where you can buy 1x Dirty T12 for 500 dias each day. This would not destroy the economy for tierfarming, actually. But now a player comes and gives the suggestion: "We need moar". Devs listen and now suddenly you do not need to farm tierstones at all. From one point of view, this is amazing! Who wants to farm tierstones anyway, right? It is boring!. But now you took a farming strategy for newbs or people who wanna play more F2P. Same thing with Gold.

• Okay you talking im looking from wrong view. But did you look from all views aswell? Do you know how and what you have to farm? Seems like you just go and buy tier stones in AH, Gold in AH, Cards in AH, Coins in AH, etc etc.
    YOU have to watch all aspects which you have to farm. And here we are talking about everything. And not just farm also craft. You come and say you need 50kk a day average? - What you doing staying unbuffed just with GuildBuffs in ini or what? Dont you use any Pdmg, HeroPotion, ... ? Dont forget all of this is a huge amount of Gold you using each day. Even you dont realise.

In the past days i run about 7-10h ini a day. Which means for me atleast 3x Castle buffs which is already over 50kk. But this is my own bad. And now i dont wanna even calculate the buff-food money i used. In anyway. This is not the topic.

I dont know, why you talking about changing Agnes. Actually Agnes is dont mind for now. Im talking about ways to obtain Gold, beside farming ACTUALLY Gold. Farming pur Gold is the worst thing in this game. - Its unrewarding. Spending your time that you actually can do something!
    Im patient and im waiting for what Dev's will bring in the game to give more ways to obtain Gold. But still we wanna give all some advice that Devs can think about.

- Also smth what came to my mind. Let mobs drop pure Gold. So you can farm stones cards, whatever and still can obtain Gold. What do you think about ? So many MMO's have this mechanic actually.

And aswell.. pls. pls. stop believing that after you hit level 105 as newbie you are able to farm 90kk Gold in 1h.. This is so much nonsense. Nobody of you tried. I have a friend who even couldnt kill multiply trashmobs in IBP, since they come as group and 1 shot him. This is worst nonsense. And remember F2P player dont have Prestige or Travel Merchent to sell instand stuff (even not 360 bagback space).. All fact you guys never watch... A newbie has rn a bit higher chance to get diamonds early for free. But actually just becouse Questing .. Not becouse he can "farm" Gold. :)

~ just my opinion

Greetings

Côsmô

• robopoke Please don't get me wrong, but the 18kk gold for the 3 buffs is simply not justifiable. Some people get them 2 or 3 times a day (that's not standard for everyone, I am aware about that) and the gold costs explode. I think you should take into consideration that if you already have level X towers, you can use them and don't have to pay again. I think that only affects most end-game players and guilds anyway. Moreover, this proposal should not affect newbies in any way, it would only be about the gold for the guild castle buffs, which the players would then no longer have to spend.

I would like to mention again that the goal of the gold adjustments was to fight gold inflation. That is absolutely right and must be taken into account. Don't let me lie, since the beginning of the server here, there has been little emphasis or eye on the gold policy, because before the adjustments, you could do everything with diamonds anyway. What I'm getting at is, that now you haven't looked at gold for years and now you just have to look at every single piece of gold. What may have gone wrong over the years, you shouldn't be able to work it out in a few months, I guess.

You could also say that you're slowly fighting inflation, making gold adjustments accordingly and still granting players the supposedly same gaming experience and don't have to pay attention to every piece of gold.

With the gold adjustments, neither:

- Guild castle buffs were reduced

- ISS costs were reduced

- Crafting costs (buff food, artefact, robot, etc) were reduced

- Rune costs for extract were reduced

- Card stone costs for upgrades were reduced

- fusion stones for tier stone farming were reduced

- Atlas minigame entry limited instead of retained

- and all other things I did not think of now

Reduce does not mean remove, because this way gold still retains its value for many things and newbies could continue to benefit from it, of course all other players as well.

There are so many good ideas about gold adjustments and it would be really desirable if another eye could be turned to them. At least from our guild I can confirm that 95% are annoyed by gold every day. This is certainly also the case in other guilds and with other players, as you can read. I mean, even the richest player on the server AKATZUKI has no gold --> [12:50:38] [Welt] [Akatzuki]: WTB[Gold]

• I do not look at this topic in black and white. There is a gradient of grey when considering any change. I place a big value in the potential for new players being able to farm gold and to sell them for diamonds. Any change that allows highend players to spend less gold will inevitably reduce the need of gold which will decrease the diaprice for gold in AH.

The real question is:

How much goldbenefits (for example via reduced cost) can we give highend players, so that the consequential reduction in diaprice for gold is acceptable enough, that newbies can still make good diamonds? My honest answer: I do not know.

But I fear, that removing goldcost for guildtowerbuffs will move the needle way to far towards highend players.

I think the safest option is to introduce multiple goldfarming methods with max 90kk gold / 60 minutes / person, which is also accessible by newbies. This way newbies can still benefit, and highend players have multiple farming opportunities to fight off boredom.

• So. You definitely have enough costs to be a high-end player. The cost of expanding the T13 runes, the card system eats up an abnormal amount of gold. and also the daily guild castle buffs. You can spend around 50-60kk a day there. And as a player who doesn't have that much time, should I spend 2 hours of the few hours I have farming gold?

No thanks. I would simply like for the general public to think about something when it comes to gold. I liked Cosmo's idea that the mobs could drop gold. This means that high-end players have a good source of gold when farming T-stones, for example. Nevertheless, new players have enough chances to sell their gold because the gold is simply needed. that is a fact.

thank you .PS: Aka best player EU WEST A(FRI)KA

• I agree with you in terms of Newbies, but the point, that you mention to give an opportunity to fight off boredom is ridiculous. The game is already developing into "grind" gamestyle with the gold and card farm topic. There is definitely no point of boredom. And as mentioned above, if you remove the costs of the guild castle towers, you still have ISS costs, Crafting costs (buff food, artefact, robot, etc), Rune costs for extract, Card stone costs for upgrades, fusion stones for tier stone farming and all other things I did not think of now. You would just remove the daily costs for players who run a lot of instances, but they would still need tons of gold for the mentioned things.

• Personally, I do not farm cards because I choose to not use my time for content, I do not enjoy doing. My cardsystem is also bad, because I do not enjoy the RNG factor with rolling for cards. So technically, I am not a high-end player.

However, if any way farming cards would be fun for me, I would do it. I think you would agree with that if goldfarming was fun, as well. So I do not see how it is ridiculous to introduce fun ways to farm gold.

• Then, i do not understand how you can say we are not watching all views. You missing one HUGE part of giving Gold as a highend. You have to look this point aswell as each other point we pointed out. Having no coasts for Castle buffs change that you are not lose instand 18kk each day or each 3h. Since holding the buff (when laying dead somewhere) makes no sense, regarding wb debuff.
    Idk you dont do smth what you dont like. So you buying gold in AH aswell. Dont farm tiers, cards... seems like you have no clue about what really is needed to do, to get stuff which is necessary for high-ends and how annoying this all can be. As mentioned it is necessary to still farm Gold becouse this 30kk is a kinda joke, for all of these what you need to do daily.

~ just my opinion

Greetings

Côsmô

• There are more than enough goldsinks already in the game, apart from guild buffs.

For example, to roll the rest of my cards, I am roughly going to need 1kkk gold for the stones alone. There is barely enough gold on ah to do that and keep in mind, I'm just one person, who has already done some zones.

Imho this shows that the current gold economy is not sustainable and is bound to collapse.

Currently, farming gold is the most tedious activity I can think of and it saddens me greatly how much fun it takes away from the game (at least for me and my guildmates).

I'm all for providing new players with oppurtunity to earn diamonds. However, gold will still be needed in large quantities, mainly for tierstones and the aforementioned card system. Hence the demand will still be there. Moreover, taking a look at who is offering gold for sale atm, about 80% of the overall volume is coming from players that are most certainly no newbies.

• I have to admit, I am not aware of how much gold is needed to do cards because as mentioned, I do not farm or roll for cards. It seems to me that the gold needed is quite high. I assume this is one of the reasons, I might have less gold problems than the top high-end player with cardsystem etc.

Unfortunately, I am not qualified to give my opinion on the gold topic in that case because I am not aware of the gold actually needed for card system.

Assuming the gold required everyday does not get drastically reduced with free guild tower buffs and thus diaprice for gold does not get drastically reduced, I guess I can see myself supporting this idea. But only the devs know how much gold we are actually talking about and I hope they will make the right decision regarding this.