Mage Class [Feedback]

• Ok, play against a Knight/warlock with full matched gear for the class and you will see the same dmg. This game is pay to win, thats how it works.

And not every player has same dmg with mage/warrior. It is about our str cloth gear. If we spend too many diamonds to make a powerful str cloth gear, our dmg should be high. We are simply making 2 gears to play mage/warrior. Why should we spend so many diamonds if our damage will not be high ?

• Ok, play against a Knight/warlock with full matched gear for the class and you will see the same dmg. This game is pay to win, thats how it works.

And not every player has same dmg with mage/warrior. It is about our str cloth gear. If we spend too many diamonds to make a powerful str cloth gear, our dmg should be high. We are simply making 2 gears to play mage/warrior. Why should we spend so many diamonds if our damage will not be high ?

The argument that two sets of gear equal the highest damage doesn't convince me because creating high-level gear often costs more than weaker gear, even when considering two sets. Yet, M/W still deals 30% more damage in much weaker gear. Even before this enhancement, this combination was dealing massive damage, but what a skilled player can do with it now only reminds me of the first R/S changes when it was doing 90% of all damage in instances just for laughs. I don't play a mage, so I don't know what can be changed to make it more balanced with the other classes, but if it stays this way, in a month, we'll only have M/W in instances, nothing else.

• Believe me, the same value for an OP M/W gear and OP K/Wrl are almost the same. I myself have someone in my guild who has brought it to the limits. Am I mad now because I'm not #1 on the scruti? No, I am even glad that there are such classes. Players spend more money, which leads to new content coming faster, because the programmers have more capital. Isn't that exactly why these classes exist in the first place? I agree with you that the M/W atm is very strong. But why do people always go for the mage and never the K/Wrl?

• The argument that two sets of gear equal the highest damage doesn't convince me because creating high-level gear often costs more than weaker gear, even when considering two sets. Yet, M/W still deals 30% more damage in much weaker gear. Even before this enhancement, this combination was dealing massive damage, but what a skilled player can do with it now only reminds me of the first R/S changes when it was doing 90% of all damage in instances just for laughs. I don't play a mage, so I don't know what can be changed to make it more balanced with the other classes, but if it stays this way, in a month, we'll only have M/W in instances, nothing else.

Yes true, mage/warrior is stronger than other mages atm. But this class was nerfed many times. I remember they reduced static field's damage by 40% a year ago. If they want to reduce it's damage bonus. At least they should give 40% dmg bonus back to static field. Maybe Flame skill hits lesser to boss and static field hits more dmg against mobs. And remember not all mage classes are good atm. mage/druid and mage/warlock still need some changes. If DEVs are going to change this class. At least they should buff other non-popular mage classes

• Believe me, the same value for an OP M/W gear and OP K/Wrl are almost the same. I myself have someone in my guild who has brought it to the limits. Am I mad now because I'm not #1 on the scruti? No, I am even glad that there are such classes. Players spend more money, which leads to new content coming faster, because the programmers have more capital. Isn't that exactly why these classes exist in the first place? I agree with you that the M/W atm is very strong. But why do people always go for the mage and never the K/Wrl?

easy answer: gear for m/w is also gear for every other mdps class. Gear for k/wl is kinda limited to k/wl :D (same goes for wl/k). But tbh k/wl has insane AOE dmg with such a gear yes, but I doubt it's op in single dmg comparing with the gear and compared to some specific classes (which has AOE and single dmg). but yeah... it's ok. balancing everything to be "fair" for everyone is only possible if you shut down the server :)

In my personal opinion: Classes like m/w, k/wl, wl/k can be a bit better than all other classes, bcs you need some additional stuff for it to make the class so strong and not everyone is willing to do such things

Greetings

• I really don't see the point in having 1 broken mage class (m/w in this case). Yes, it is more expensive but everyone playing 1 single class literally destroys balance meaning. So if i want to play any other mage, wl or druid (no cps) I just have to live being the worst dps in party? It feels like the balance failed so hard these days. Same goes for others pdps classes like w/wd etc.

• I really don't see the point in having 1 broken mage class (m/w in this case). Yes, it is more expensive but everyone playing 1 single class literally destroys balance meaning. So if i want to play any other mage, wl or druid (no cps) I just have to live being the worst dps in party? It feels like the balance failed so hard these days. Same goes for others pdps classes like w/wd etc.

additional stuff doesnt mean a class (m/w in this case) should do 100% more dmg. that would be ridiculous.

But on the other hand: why should m/w do the same amount of dmg like all other mages with a completely additional gear? Then nobody would play this class, bcs it is useless to do such gear and "destroys balance meaning" o.o

If you have those classes, there must be a benefit. (w/wd has no additional stuff and don't count to categories like m/w, k/wl and wl/k in my opinion).

Every class should have 1 broken class. Warrior/warden is strong now, so is knight/warlock, a lot of rogues are good also.
    And like i said before not all mages are broken now. Mage/warrior is very powerful class if you have good str cloth gear. Maybe scouts need a broken class also, so everyone can stop hating mages

• If we make the meta having 1 strong subclass per gear, that instantly make all the other combinations totally useless and noone will use them. We go back to times where everyone was w/m, ch/r or r/m. Because lets be clear, what everyone in endgame search is scrut competition, not having "fun" skills while your dps suck.

As I said, having a m/w type of class is not fair to anyone. Not fair to people spending x2 diamonds in that gear if class isn't broken enough. And not fair to everyone else in party if class is broken. You can't never ever balance a class like this. So people will cry (like now) pls nerf class is broken or the opposite, pls buff I spent too much in extra gear.

Note: wl/k doesn't have additional gear. It has nothing to do with m/w. Like literally nothing in common.

• I really don't mind if individual classes with unique equipment were a bit stronger. But with what has happened now, the slightly stronger classes in a similar eq make a 50-70% difference. With an eq difference of 2 degrees, it's still a 30% difference. This destroys the balance a bit and will end with everyone wanting to make the strongest connection. It's hard to achieve a stable balance in this type of game, but the discrepancies are really too big at the moment.

• Lutine, easy answer : you don't need 1 gear but 2 ( buff gear and good Mage gear) so it is much more expensive than k/wl or did you ever seen someone play Mage with buff mage gear?

Madoxx : I don't know if you are actively playing because I hardly see you online anymore, but from my perspective the balancing of mage and warlock is as good as it has ever been (apart from M/W). You can play any other class if you want and it's fun, unless you're just out to be #1 in scruti.

What I also always do not understand, if there are OP classes why people get upset? The DEV's just give you ways to run instances even easier and faster and thereby you earn more dias. I think something like that is always forgotten. Has the damage become that important to you?

I am of course aware that this is a balancing threat, and things that are out of line should be discussed.

Let`s see what comes with the next balancing or maybe a statement from a DEV about this situation.

• Lutine, easy answer : you don't need 1 gear but 2 ( buff gear and good Mage gear) so it is much more expensive than k/wl or did you ever seen someone play Mage with buff mage gear?

you didnt got my point: with m/w gear(s) you can play all other mdps classes too. with k/wl gear you are just limited to k/wl

M/W is strong, yes, I agree. But other mages can compete with it. M/S, M/Ch, M/P are top tier mages as well and some are even better than M/W in a lot of common situations... even M/D is really strong but the use case of having full stacks on both buffs is quite rare and not that easy to sustain :/ But I agree, M/W needs some further love of the devs :love: And this directly leads me to my next point:

The gear has become rlly expensive with robot and stats on the artefact. Literally every upcoming content update requires me to upgrade my buff gear and I'm not a patient dwarf, I want it all and I want it now! :D

I even added the new Necro STR set (before I even made the INT one), which ended up at a 60.5k mdmg buff now :pinch: But I also see other M/W running around with 45-50k buffs, which should be the average case. So instead of changing the wisdom and bravery buff I'd suggest to change more %values, such as AoE decrements, like the devs already did on Meteor, as I suggested earlier (and btw, the change already showed up very well, since M/W isn't that good in big pulls anymore)...

One thing everyone seems to miss: Necro is the perfect instance for a M/W. You have packs of 3-4 mobs that give max damage on static field and you got a lot of running around in boss fights, which doesn't matter for M/W either. The short burst phases are also perfect for this class, so seeing M/W overperform in Necro is quite obvious. But if you compare the output in IDK for example, M/Ch is much better... the bigger the pulls, the worse M/W becomes imo... but don't start another discussion about that, I know I'm living on my lonely island, playing a different game :D

you didnt got my point: with m/w gear(s) you can play all other mdps classes too. with k/wl gear you are just limited to k/wl

Yes, I fully agree, in my buff gear I can even play W/Wd, since I got decent patt with it...
    4f273f8fb361cac10fd28e170e6a8e8c.png

• I even added the new Necro STR set (before I even made the INT one), which ended up at a 60.5k mdmg buff now :pinch: But I also see other M/W running around with 45-50k buffs, which should be the average case.

So your gear is 35% above those you run with. That explains why our points of view are so different :)

• I even added the new Necro STR set (before I even made the INT one), which ended up at a 60.5k mdmg buff now :pinch: But I also see other M/W running around with 45-50k buffs, which should be the average case.

So your gear is 35% above those you run with. That explains why our points of view are so different :)

Not at all, my point is that other mages can compete with my M/W even if my M/W is 35% above average...

• About mage/druid
    Please change this Green Guardian Stack, make subterraneous blade triggered twice when we have 10x stacks at least.

And do same thing for Cosmic Call skill. We can never have 20x stacks while moving. It really doesnt make sense to play like this.

• Regarding to mage/champion

this class was better before you added 1-h hammer. It was good in both single target burst and in aoe burst.

Now it is only good at aoe, but not like old times. Please make static field's range 150 again . And make this skill increase wind dmg again. ID : 491156. Or maybe you can increase magical damage bonus of this skill instead ID: 498871

• Regarding Mage/Druid

1)

Currently, Subterraneous Blade (ID: 494564) does regular damage for Green Guardian Stacks between 0 and 19. Only with 20/20 Stacks of Green Guardian, you do damage twice. This feels very unnatural and punishes moving even slightly too much.

Suggestion:

Modifiy Damage of Subterraneous Blade to be continuous. For each stack increase its damage by 5%. If at max stack, you get 100% damage boost which is the same as two hits at 20 Stacks currently.

In this example if you have 13 Stacks, you do +65%. With 20 Stacks you do +100%.

2)

Green Guardian Stacks is based on Nature Power of Druid-Class. However, Druids have Focus of Mother Nature (ID: 493548) which allows the player to keep its stacks while this buff is active.

Suggestion:

Modifiy one of the elite, so that after using Elemental Catalysis (ID: 497971) the player keeps its Green Guardian Stacks for the duration.

• Regarding Mage/Warden

Earth Core Barrier (ID: 499620) allows each spell to hit again with less power. However, Earth Splitting Explosion (ID: 490243; ISS level 80) does not get the benefit.

I remember a similar issue with Rogue/Scout, when Substitute in the past was not triggering with any ISS. When this was brought to attention, you have changed Substitute to be only triggered with Range Skills but you increased the second hit considerably as balance.

From these two facts I conclude, that there is a technical difficulty implementing intended effects on ISS.

Suggestion:

If my conclusion is wrong, please add Earth Splitting Explosion to be triggered with Earth Core Barrier, as well.

If my conclusion is correct, please implement a similar workaround as seen with Substitute from Rogue/Scout by boosting only specific type of skills, but increase the boost accordingly.

• Regarding Mage/Scout

This class still needs some changes. It has been a long time since last time i saw this class in an instance. In my opinion m/s pet is still weak. In last changes you gave its pet extra magical attack. But this magical attacks seems kind of useless with so low magical damage. Can you increase its pet's magical damage more ? I mean this class is weak in AoE. It should be powerful in single target damage. But our pet deals like 2x6m dmg with burst. It is not enough for any instance.

Actually in my opinion pet classes are weak in overall. They need some changes to return meta

• Regarding Mage/Scout

This class still needs some changes. It has been a long time since last time i saw this class in an instance. In my opinion m/s pet is still weak. In last changes you gave its pet extra magical attack. But this magical attacks seems kind of useless with so low magical damage. Can you increase its pet's magical damage more ? I mean this class is weak in AoE. It should be powerful in single target damage. But our pet deals like 2x6m dmg with burst. It is not enough for any instance.

Actually in my opinion pet classes are weak in overall. They need some changes to return meta

Pet classes are better if player attack is lower compared to your target's def, so I'd wait for Orkham release... if boss defences increase, pet classes will shine again ^^

• Pet classes are better if player attack is lower compared to your target's def, so I'd wait for Orkham release... if boss defences increase, pet classes will shine again ^^

Yes i know that pet classes are usually good in high instances. But in my opinion we should play m/s in every instance. For now this class is very bad in RoFL because pet has very low dmg. Maybe they should reduce pet's magical attack and increase magical damage instead. My pet has 1.8m magical attack and 70k magical damage when i summon it. Magical damage seems really very low for me. I hope they change all pet classes to be playable classes in every instance

• Pet classes are better if player attack is lower compared to your target's def, so I'd wait for Orkham release... if boss defences increase, pet classes will shine again ^^

Yes i know that pet classes are usually good in high instances. But in my opinion we should play m/s in every instance. For now this class is very bad in RoFL because pet has very low dmg. Maybe they should reduce pet's magical attack and increase magical damage instead. My pet has 1.8m magical attack and 70k magical damage when i summon it. Magical damage seems really very low for me. I hope they change all pet classes to be playable classes in every instance

Then go for it, M/S deals decent dmg even w/o the pet being op in high def content... compared to the physical wardens its dmg is really good =O