Tikal boss & class discussions

• Not just k/m ,w/m can also use both 2h sword and hammer and they come as bonus for the class that is banned from highest ins

• for the class that is banned from highest ins

Witch class is banned? :) all acutally classes are viable in tikal.. ofc with scouts is it eaasier, but you dont need it, to clear tikal

Never underestimate what you do for others.

Things that seem small, even meaningless or pointless to you,

might mean everything to the person you interact with.

• Boss 1 TIkal, require range dps and the mobs summon is immune either phys or magic damage,so no hybrid class or even melee class other than tank. AS k/m you are banned.
    Boss 2 tikal, deal huge damage to melee class and need you to do tacs if you are melee dps,can be clear with range dps alone without doing it and much easier. Ask k/m you are low optional and only can be consider if the party dont like quick run and want to do it hard way
    Boss 3 Tikal, 2 boss,1 immune magic,1 immune phys so no hybrid class .As k/m you are banned.
    Boss 4 Tikal, require constant moving to fight so as melee class you likely got too far or must face target to att, need fast dps than slow hard hit since it can reduce the time you stand still. AS k/m you are low optional since your att spd is slow and a melee class to boot
    Boss 5 Tikal, pure burn so all class can do it here.
    Boss 6 Tikal,4 wave of mobs that require heavy AOE, after that is the AOE skill that like boss 1 so spread out is need, out side of tank you dont want another melee class there to make those AOE overlap.As K/m you closed to being banned,ofc if the party like to do it hard way and risk being wipe with much smaller mistake then you can go

And if you have to switch class just to do one boss and switch back it is not count and viable.Viable mean you can play it from start to the end without switch to other midway,especially when you can play as that "other " class from start to the end

• So you think your class is banned because you cant do the whole instance solo?

Boss 1 TIkal, require range dps and the mobs summon is immune either phys or magic damage,so no hybrid class or even melee class other than tank. AS k/m you are banned.

as k/m you can tank..

Boss 2 tikal, deal huge damage to melee class and need you to do tacs if you are melee dps,can be clear with range dps alone without doing it and much easier. Ask k/m you are low optional and only can be consider if the party dont like quick run and want to do it hard way

you can do it easy with an melee, it depends only on your own skill :)

Boss 3 Tikal, 2 boss,1 immune magic,1 immune phys so no hybrid class .As k/m you are banned.

"banned" is the wrong word.. you should say useless for this boss xD

Boss 4 Tikal, require constant moving to fight so as melee class you likely got too far or must face target to att, need fast dps than slow hard hit since it can reduce the time you stand still. AS k/m you are low optional since your att spd is slow and a melee class to boot

is it to hard to walk around and hit? and btw with a small grp i pref an rogue mage for this boss

Boss 6 Tikal,4 wave of mobs that require heavy AOE, after that is the AOE skill that like boss 1 so spread out is need, out side of tank you dont want another melee class there to make those AOE overlap.As K/m you closed to being banned,ofc if the party like to do it hard way and risk being wipe with much smaller mistake then you can go

you reached there or what are you talking?

And if you have to switch class just to do one boss and switch back it is not count and viable.Viable mean you can play it from start to the end without switch to other midway,especially when you can play as that "other " class from start to the end

you need to switch? why? it depends only on your group or you run with 12 k/m the instance?

and btw are you not bored about k/m? xD

• Yes, please stop crying about your crappy knight/mage combo, this crappy class should be tank and not an dps class.
    hall of survivors hardmode is not a normal instance -> it is not normal that knight/mage deals so crazy dps... and btw most boring and lame class ever...

mDps-classes are very much needed in this instance, tikal in my opinion is very good balanced. so stop your egomode and push your hole guild

• I never said about solo or run Tikal with only k/m,stop putting words in other mouth . The 2h hybrid weapon was creat for k/m dps,not tank, k/m tank need shield, boring or lame is you own opnion so you can said whatever you like. And not just HOS,i can go as dps in DN and do good too as well as other ins, and it is true in official too. You cant say it is a cry if i said with logic and no emotion involve.
    And i dont consider come as burden to other is a good way to do ins. AS i said, if the party like to do it hard way and risk being wipe with much smaller mistake then you can go as whatever you like

- BOss 1,you said k/m can tank,but when the mobs spam you know what mobs will lost aggro and to the dps right way ? the magic immune mobs since scout will take the aggro when the tank cant hold it as k/m lack group taunt. THe mage can be fine since HLD is pure magic damage and can help it. So take k/m tank is only drag the whole party down compare to all other type of tank, you dont consider the worst for the jobs as viable. And what about k/m dps ?
    - Boss 2 never easy with melee, and using range dps is always better since you never get to do any tacs and boss can go down fast
    - BOss 3, so why are you coming to run if you cant do anything ?
    - Boss 4, i have said it need fast dps than slow hard hit,guess what k/m is ?
    - Boss 6,i refer to the meteor skill of Wrakal, and i have run full tikal so ofc i ahve reach it and beat it,it was a 15 min fight and the meteor drop 4 at once at the place you stand

So consider i play k/m dps,i must switch in mid way to not become a burden that drag the whole party down. And this is my personal answer to you,the whole reason i play ROM because i love k/m

so because there are encounters where k/m isn't that good and you maybe have to think about switching class for it you think k/m is banned?
    what should mages say? we are banned since lvlcap55 and are doomed to play warmages since kulech. ;)

So consider i play k/m dps,i must switch in mid way to not become a burden that drag the whole party down.

so consider i play mage, i have to switch for every boss because i am only needed at boss3 and mage is a burden everywhere.

for the class that is banned from highest ins

k/m isn't a class or classcombo, i consider it a bug. classes that only whitehit to do 3-10 times the dmg that classes do that actually push buttons must be a bug :D
    and yes i also consider warmage a bug. those whitehit classcombos should deal way lower dmg.

back to topic:
    i would really like to see a magical bow for my priest/scout and mage/scout
    maybe even a +heal nonstat on it for priest/scout & druid/scout

• I agree about mage is UP fot a long time till now, TIkal have offer the advantage for mage over any mdd class and i think it is good. But that can only apply to one ins. Another way is the hybrid bow that Calo suggest in other thread but that can only for mage/scout, still there is another solution for mage problem, it is to increase the stats and magic damage of 2h staff for a crazy amount but lower their att spd tremendous so only mage can benefit from it.

But in Tikal have creat another problem, yes maybe one class can have some advantage over other in an ins,but not at the points that one cant do anything in it no mater the gear. Even in HoS if you bring a good R/m with tier 15 HOS dagger you can still match the tier 13 HoS sword k/m dps or at DN when a k/m can still make some good damage if he have good gear. but in Tikal even if you bring the highest end gear possible for k/m you still be consider a burden. Tikal should be harder for k/m than other ins like HoS,i agree, but not to the points of impossible. Let the gear up have some meaning in there,that is my points.

• So it is nearly 2 month after Tikal release with now only 1 guild doing it with very limited class. I just want to ask the last question,why make new weapon for us if you know we cant use or got it with the class that need it ? And after the patch, i hear that arcadia dont want to make a server full off scout but now,i have seen everyone switch to scout -_-,and i see their reason, the scout will always be good regardless of instance with Tikal even super favor them to boots.

And one thing to add,of all Tikal weapon,why the bow is the only thing got + all attribute stats ? Isnt that because scout can get benefit from both str and dex while other class only got bonus for one of their primary stats, but the number is the same ?

• So it is nearly 2 month after Tikal release with now only 1 guild doing it with very limited class

That isnt right. I think there was 4 guilds who cleared it.
    limited class? > Tank, Heal, magical or physical dps and supp > looks for me balanced you need different classes and if i compare it with hos i should cry since iam playing here. it is like its is :)

at least the dev team has done a great job with tikal

,why make new weapon for us if you know we cant use or got it with the class that need it ?

why you wanna play a tank class as magical dps? how often a lot of guys try to explain you what happend and you dont care about it?

In my opinion the only reason why you dont cleared tikal is your attitude, you dont wanna find a way to clear it only excuses why you couldnt do it...
    sometimes it looks like you dont wanna understand anything..

• Yes some guild try and clear 1 or 2 time only, there is a reason no one want to coming back to Tikal beside you guys.

If you want to compare it with HoS,ok . HOS have tank,heal and supp as well. Phys dps ? scout can do HOS just fine and isnt you are the one bring R/m to HoS and still dps just fine ?. I even see warden/warrior as tank in HOS too. Mdps ? ok you can bring a tier 14 tikal weapon mage/warden in HOS and he can still dps in boss or mobs. Now in Tikal, lets try all melee dps in Boss 1 to see what happen ? or make a warden/warrior tank there to see his pet get AOE ? or any hybrid class like w/m or k/m at boss 3 or boss1 . IF you want to talk about balance then Tikal can make DN look like a heaven for magic dps.

In HoS or any other ins,you always have a chance to do something at any boss with any class, it is all depend on your gear and skill. In Tikal , only some class can go and other cant no mater the gear or stats

And do you know 2h sword and hammer is only for dps ? tank use shield and 1h weapon. I have even show you guys clip in official as well as my own exp and you still said that my class is tank only since it is not me alone who build like that ?

• do the bosses in tikal even enrage??
    I cannot understand why more are not attempting to run tikal even if you do not have a full raid of overpowered dds ready to go. All of the bosses can be killed by following event. None of them have tactics that 100% require you to burn them or party wipe(the closest thing maybe 1st boss event but that should not be a problem if you play it smart)

Everyone just needs to stop whining and playing "I wont go unless XX person goes" or "I wont go because XX person is going" or "we dont have enough to try" or "my class is banned/unwanted/not the best there"
    Just get a party together and do the best you can and do not give up! :cursing:

• K/m in action on 5th boss tikal was with sigil and no 5min cds but had wl/m supporter. (Nadana also had sigil) ;)

looks like you playing a "banned" class in Tikal xD cheater?

• You show only in a boss that i have said that all class can burn . If you want to prove me wrong then do it in boss 1 ,2 or 3 or even 4 and 6 . It is like showing damage done in boss 5 HOS and tell everyone that Pdd is equal mdd there. WE have try again with inthedark guild in TIkal as k/m and doesnt do anything in boss 1 and 3,being a stand figure in boss 2 , wipe party at boss 6 and do less than a scout with no tikal set or stats at boss 4. THe only boss they prove useful is boss 5 ,the boss you show :cursing:

• You show only in a boss that i have said that all class can burn . If you want to prove me wrong then do it in boss 1 ,2 or 3 or even 4 and 6 . It is like showing damage done in boss 5 HOS and tell everyone that Pdd is equal mdd there. WE have try again with inthedark guild in TIkal as k/m and doesnt do anything in boss 1 and 3,being a stand figure in boss 2 , wipe party at boss 6 and do less than a scout with no tikal set or stats at boss 4. THe only boss they prove useful is boss 5 ,the boss you show

Hey Arthuria you forgot your own poste? will help you a bit..

you opened the thread with > "Not just k/m ,w/m can also use both 2h sword and hammer and they come as bonus for the class that is banned from highest ins"

atleast no class is banned from Tikal, only in your opinion

WE have try again with inthedark guild in TIkal as k/m and doesnt do anything in boss 1 and 3,

dude you are a tank.. how you cant do nothing in tikal?

Edited once, last by Nadaná ().

• Notice i use the world "can use" , w/m can use it it for maximun potential but he have other option such as ward or staff,but as k/m the only weapon you must use is the hybrid weapon . And the 2h weapon is for DPS not tank. i play and build a dps class . You can beowsw some old threat in official forum about statting and play as k/m to see that
    I have once believe in that sentence "no class be banned", but sorry ,after countless test and being wipe or useless in boss fight because of that. Try boss 1 and boss 3 as k/m, can you do that ? And at boss 3 evn if you are tank you cant hold aggro as k/m so no,they cant even tank there when they do zero damage

• Notice i use the world "can use" , w/m can use it it for maximun potential but he have other option such as ward or staff,but as k/m the only weapon you must use is the hybrid weapon . And the 2h weapon is for DPS not tank. i play and build a dps class . You can beowsw some old threat in official forum about statting and play as k/m to see that
    I have once believe in that sentence "no class be banned", but sorry ,after countless test and being wipe or useless in boss fight because of that. Try boss 1 and boss 3 as k/m, can you do that ? And at boss 3 evn if you are tank you cant hold aggro as k/m so no,they cant even tank there when they do zero damage

Sorry - iam done xD its like to talk with a wall

ps.you can do all bosses with k/m end of story

• Yeeah do all boss :cursing: everyone know how k/m doing at boss 1 and 3 ,how is melee dps doing at boss 1, you keep saying that without any proof and you and your guild never have a good k/m to test it to begin with yet you keep telling the ppls that doing it with that class how you are right without any evident or logic behind .

• keep saying that without any proof

i dont need proofs only for you xD it is like it is

your guild never have a good k/m

good k/m? dude its a one button class.. who wants to play this? and btw we have 2 good tanks we dont need more

logic

for you doesnt exist this word.. sorry

at leats how many guys try to explain you anything and you still dont undestand it? think about it and stop troll

• Hello Arthuria,
    knight/mage as dps is only really good in hos because of practically no mdeff. If you feel otherwise it is only because you have no good pdps to compare too in other instances.
    Knight/mage is a magical tank and as such you can tank every boss in tikal, even 3rd (you still have physical skills from knight itself and knight tank does not use patk anyways).
    You even said something about official server blah blah, but if you really knew about official server you would know that it is only a tank or pvp class.
    And yes at first boss melee dps classes can't be useful, but why would that be a problem? The boss room is not big enought for a full group anyways and a balanced group is composed of a variation of different classes, so just chill at first boss a bit while the ranged dps does the boss if you dont want to tank or change the class.

The main problem is in fact that you want to be first in scrutinizer at every boss with a class combination that is not made for dps. But that is not how it works, just accept it and run hos with this class where no pdps can compare to you. The only ones that do at least a bit dmg there are those that got tons of patk because of perfect high end equip. Otherwise they cant do anything in there except for helping at trash with those aoe monsters. But still then they are not equal to a mdps with 60k matk unbuffed. Where is the equality there? Where are the thousand forum posts from you to call for justice there? I can tell you: they are no where because you don't really care about that, but only about your dmg.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvU4dfB2roo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN3MDcXv0_Q
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjvFcCUqIpA

Those are clip at official for k/m and you can see them dps in the official you can search about k/m in official forum and see what they call them, mysticmage is one of official k/m DPS i know as well. And i dont consider telling ppls to stay out of boss room or tell them they must change class even if they got the best gear possible for their current class is a good design instance,if it design for max 12 player then the boss room must fit for 12 player to do tactics. And ofc you said k/m hold aggro in boss 3 and boss 1 ? do you even try it or seeing it ? Our guild have try it many time and as tank they suck really bad at boss 1 when they cant hold aggro when the mobs spam and at boss 3 you tell me to use the knight skill taunt ? sorry they are not enough to hold aggro 2 boss at once, every knight combo have elite that increase aggro or taut for the reason that knight skill alone cant hold aggro of boss.

And where the HOS release we make the voice for Phys dps there too,that is why we have DN. When DN release we accept it as a couter balance for HoS and ofc both of those ins allow ppls to overcome the imbalance with good gear. Now tikal deny all of that, the gear up have no meaning in there, even if you have the highest gear you do the same as the no gear guy,both zero damage as dps.

• if it design for max 12 player then the boss room must fit for 12 player to do tactics

who says that it doesnt work for 12ppl? looks like only you..

you depend the tactic on a macro xd

Our guild have try it many time and as tank they suck really bad

they can ask our tanks for tips.. i think Evildeeds and Gjiara could explain something about the class, rotations and more

boss 1 when they cant hold aggro when the mobs spam and at boss 3 you tell me to use the knight skill taunt

i remeber our tanks are the most time afk at boss 1 xD Boss 3 depends only on your knowledge about the class and btw a good dps dont get the aggro, because they know how to handle it ;)

sorry they are not enough to hold aggro 2 boss at once

you need to hold aggro at boss 2? we are talking about tikal or witch instance do you mean xD

at least it looks like you dont know anything about tikal..

ps. in your links(clips) the k/m is full supported and still does no dmg..