Patch 9.1.0.9316 - discussion

• Official Post

Are you sure you have turned off WIndows SmartScreen and/or made an exception for the RoM launcher in your antivirus tool?
    The more_x_update.exe's are supposed to take long because they contain big patches and the batch deletes them after sucessfull installation.
    But if they stuck for more than an hour i am pretty sure that they get blocked by any security tool.

• nothing happened, stuck with more_01_upd.exe again
    think problem is, that system cant extract more_02_upd.exe from patch_9.0.1.1103.en_9.0.2.8316.en

• Same Kranklys, I shut off my firewall, and smartscreen as well and got stuck again at that 20%. Was there for over an hour waiting and then closed it and went to Playernet again thinking it may continue but it went to the Official Rom sign on screen and started downloading :(. I gave up and went to bed.

Should not be this difficult to Download a game right from scratch....

Pyper

• Anyway, anyone, who logged in to arcadia can tell, or from npc from new zone you can buy t6 items ? or its t5 ?

• Oh God, I need step by step instruction for this, lol. I am not that tech savvy and will make a mess of everything :(. I just want to download and play the game that's all. I uninstalled everything ROM and the official client and everything so I had a clean slate but that did not work either.

• im reinstall windows, but its not helped too X(

now thinking, if they put not patch_9.0.1.1103.en_9.0.2.8316.en, but 5 rar files: more_01_upd.exe, more_02_upd.exe, more_03_upd.exe, more_04_upd.exe, more_05_upd.exe, may it would be help, coz i see only more_01_upd file in Arcadia Runes of Magic folder, but not others files

• Had issues with patching all night, downloaded the game over and over again, until i had enough. I got it to work on my second computer, but not on my desktop. So In the end decided to upload the working folder of Arcadia Paradise, from the copmuter it worked on to Filemail.com - and dowload the folder to my desktop. From there i copy-pasted it into the Stary 3D folder and started the Client (as Admin). Now it works. Unsure if i am allowed to paste the link to the upload here, but send me a PM if you have issues and want to try my method. :thumbup:

• Had issues with patching all night, downloaded the game over and over again, until i had enough. I got it to work on my second computer, but not on my desktop. So In the end decided to upload the working folder of Arcadia Paradise, from the copmuter it worked on to Filemail.com - and dowload the folder to my desktop. From there i copy-pasted it into the Stary 3D folder and started the Client (as Admin). Now it works. Unsure if i am allowed to paste the link to the upload here, but send me a PM if you have issues and want to try my method. :thumbup:

Blue, problem for me is, that i dont have Story 3D folder, coz i clearly reinstall windows last night.

• I understand that somewhere goes wrong at a particular profile of computers, we also have a lot people who succeed the update. No matter about any of Anti virus softwares or any blocking firewalls. We do the best we can to find out what's going on.

We do not recommend to bypass or follow another method to bypass or to avoid any patching procedures.

For the time being, its good to have an another option to bypass the issue which makes the client (partly work).
    I see that several people bypassed that because they do not have any choice but we assure this will cause a problem at long term in the future. Please make sure in the coming up time, you obtain a new fresh client from the .PlayerNet App.
    Just follow what it must be done or you will face a major problem which we do not offer support for.
    The patch is an update and an update should NOT be intterupted.

Good to know:

• We STRONGLY RECOMMEND players to download the game client which is distributed by the .PlayerNet App.
    • DO NOT USE / DOWNLOAD a third party client and patch with our patches.
    • DOWNLOAD the client from the .PlayerNet APP

Ignoring these terms is at own risk and will not be supported during any malfunctions.

If you don't have the .PlayerNet App already, please follow:
    1. Download the App
    2. Start the installer with Administrator authentication
    3. Determine where you want to install the App. Please notice: this is also the place where your game client will be placed.
    4. After the installation has been finished, start to download your client. (dependent on your ISP connection speed, our software distribution system has a global network delivery system to ensure the distribution speed remains with an equal speed).
    5. Start your client and this should be fixed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

more_01_upd.exe contains other patches which patch your client with new functions.
    DO NOT INTERRUPT THIS PROCESS.
    After this patch is done, other patch will follow without any problem.

WORK OUT THE CHECKLIST:

• Restart your PC
    • Turn off Firewalls
    • Turn off / Antivirus (make sure you do not have Avast, AVG. Those software thinks that every program which has an updater is a virus)
    • For windows 10 home users: turn off Windows SmartScreen

OPTION #1
    Uninstall/delete your client.
    Download and install our services which will always be compatible.
    You can download the .PlayerNet App here

(Don't forget to put your addons in the suitecase in order to take it with you within the new client.)
    The new client version has been attached to the app recently after the incident has been determined as emergency.

OPTION #2

If you wish to patch the client manually, please make sure you do not interrupt any patches and follow the patch numbers correctly. For more information, please read this manual. please make sure you do not use the client for third party purposes. This means, do not try to play on another game/services with this client due to services incompatibility.

Follow the steps carefully and do not lose the course:

• Download: PATCH_9.0.1.1103.EN_9.0.2.8316.EN.EXE

• Move this file to your client folder next to Client.exe etc.

• Right mouse click on the file and run as administrator

• DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING and wait until it done its job

• Download: PATCH_9.0.2.8316.EN_9.0.3.8316.EN.EXE

• Download: PATCH_9.0.3.8316.EN_9.1.0.9316.EN.EXE

• Download: 2.0.6.301.zip

• Open this file and move ClientUpdate, Skin and vcfile inside to your client folder. Don't extract Client.exe.

• Open runedev.ini and change the ip to: Ip=global-srv.arcadiarom.com

• I'm sorry but everything Starky just said is no help for me.
    I downloaded the game about a month ago (playernet also). Yesterday i had the same problem with patching like everyone else in this thread. Deleted the game and playernet. Downloaded playernet, waited 4h for arcadia to download and pressed 'play' when it was done. Client started and patching also, from version 8.0.sth. After 1h i had version 9.0.1.1103.en and game started to download/check/idk something from version 6.4.0.2749, after it finished "copying ...\more_01_upd.exe" stopped at 20%. I've waited around 1h and got a little annoyed cuz it was 2.00AM already and still nothing. I wanted to turn it off but my girlfriend said "don't touch anything, they've said on the forum that it needs some time" so i left it for the night. I woke up this morning and after 8h of sleeping it's still freaking 20%!!
    I dont have any antivirus/firewall turned on.
    I have windows 8.
    I did restart the computer after deleting game and before downloading playernet again.
    Funny thing is that my girlfriend patched the game with no problem. The only differences are that she has windows 7, antivirus turned on, and she have the game since may 2015, she just didnt played it and she patched it a month ago and downloaded playernet cuz she read somewhere here that without it she'll have problems.
    This game is not worth my nerves. -.-

• if so many ppl have this trouble.. isnt it possible to upload an fully patched client? looks like the easiest way to fix the problem..

ps. maybe iam wrong, but its an idea :)

Never underestimate what you do for others.

Things that seem small, even meaningless or pointless to you,

might mean everything to the person you interact with.

• Thank you, INT and all team for all the work!

We know you all work hard, but bugs, erros, etc will happen, less or more, one or other time. Some will be fixed tomorrow and the other another day. Just keep it doing.
    Lets make it better than the other RoM server stuff and we are great :D

• Well it's a new day and I am starting this all over again :).... Firewall off...CHECK, Windows SmartScreen OFF....CHECK... Fingers crossed...CHECK.....

Wish me luck :thumbup:

Pyper

• Hi all,
    I have been having similar issues as well, started out with update and it failed, removed playernet and reinstalled, retried update and it installed but would not run RoM kept failing to start game. Completely removed playernet and Arcadia RoM, cleaned out all folders relating to both client and game, even went as far as cleaning all references from registry, rebooted a number of time in the process. Am now redownloading playernet and hoping for the best.

Did the update on my wife's system with absolutely no issues, both systems are relatively similar in hardware, both running windows 10, not sure why i am having these issues on my system, but will see what happens lol :)

• i've got a simple question: what were you thinking - you all the people of the developer team - as you boosted the scout AGAIN?
    have you tried out the "new" scout? do you try anything you create? i think you don't.
    or are you trying to get every pdps to play scout?

the scout is simply imbalanced - and needs to get fixed.

• i've got a simple question: what were you thinking - you all the people of the developer team - as you boosted the scout AGAIN?
    have you tried out the "new" scout? do you try anything you create? i think you don't.
    or are you trying to get every pdps to play scout?

the scout is simply imbalanced - and needs to get fixed.

First the Arcadia Developer team dont balance skill this time, they just patch the game up to date with the official.Second,this is a bug report,if you want to talk about balance then creat a thread in game play section.

The spirit of tempest heigh have some bug with the normal chest take from phase 18 forward, there is no item when we open it,the time still fix at 1 hours like when it have 10 phase but now it have 20 phase. There is no clock like in the past to tell us how much time we have left and the chest from phase 15 forward become too much that we cant click to pick up in time before it dissapear