Patch 9.1.0.9316 - discussion

• Hi, several Players have been trying to patch and land on the GF Client. I´ve downloaded the Client again on Playernet and yet still end up on the GF Client. Is there a solution?

Never underestimate what you do for others.

Things that seem small, even meaningless or pointless to you,

might mean everything to the person you interact with.

• Official Post

Around 50 players patched their client successfully and connected to Paradise already. None of our team had any issues patching and connecting to the server.
    So actually, no, there is no solution for your problem yet.
    We need to know your exact way to patch your clients and which version does the client have.

[Update]

Int is preparing a new client for playernet already. In the worst case you will be able to download a new fresh client there soon.

• playernet>download>install clientversion 9.0.1.1103 it stops again with the \more_01_upd.exe after this it switch to the GF Client and starts to patch 6.4.2.2753.en

and no client changes like "no checkversion" or something like that, just the original client from playernet

• did you read the last messages from me?

after the patch from Arcadia it switch to the GF Client and then you can see what happen on my screens

• The launcher service is a separated program which is being started up before your client determines it's startup pocedure.
    Also, the launcher service is being updated by the patch server and is not included within the patch files. This is a different part.
    You clearly never used our patch service, nor updated the client correctly, e.g. interrupting patches might also cause the chance to corrupt the game client in any case.

You can not obtain launcher file by our patches, nor by third party patches.
    If you do not use our regular program delivered by the .PlayerNet App, or if you use a third party client which you patch manually from our patch sites, you could face into this problem and your patch procedure has chances to FAIL.

• We STRONGLY RECOMMEND players to download the game client which is distributed by the .PlayerNet App.
    • DO NOT USE / DOWNLOAD a third party client and patch with our patches.

Download and install our services which will always be compatible.
    You can download the .PlayerNet App here

What now?
    Uninstall/delete your client.
    (Don't forget to put your addons in the suitecase in order to take it with you within the new client.)

If you don't have the .PlayerNet App already, please follow:
    1. Download the App
    2. Start the installer with Administrator authentication
    3. Determine where you want to install the App. Please notice: this is also the place where your game client will be placed.
    4. After the installation has been finished, start to download your client. (dependent on your ISP connection speed, our software distribution system has a global network delivery system to ensure the distribution speed remains with an equal speed).
    5. Start your client and this should be fixed.

Optional:
    If you wish to patch the client manually next time, please make sure you do not interrupt any patches and follow the patch numbers correctly. For more information, please read this manual.
    please make sure you do not use the client for third party purposes. This means, do not try to play on another game/services with this client due to services incompatibility.

• I had similar problems and, following your suggestion, deleted both the ROM client and the playernet app. After a longish download the client started patching. After it had patched to 9.0.1.1103 it started to patch to GF 6.4.0.2749. I stopped and deleted the GF patch but it restarted. What now?

Restarted the app, pressed play and it began patching from 9.0.2.8316. Once again during the update it appeared to be trying to install a GF patch. Each time the 2nd updater popped up I closed it and the client finally finished its update.

• Hello,
    I have having same problems as some of them, when I downloaded the patch, it took me to GF official client, from there it downloaded many times and reloaded client, then finally it opened. When it opened, it took me to normal Arcadia log in and when I put it password it says its wrong, when I am pretty sure I am typing password and username correctly. I have included couple of pictures. Thanks :?:

https://gyazo.com/cdacc5cf265c44375f930ab09a87c6ef

https://gyazo.com/f46856c5462b69f53dc16b2a879607d2

• During the 2,5 years of our experience we never experienced this before. Such method of patching has been done dozins of time during the updates. I do not understand why this goes wrong massively this time.

Repeating Kahtoo his words: Let the game client patch the updates and do not touch anything during the patch.
    Just like windows updates, you should not interrupt any software during the update procedures or you might face a fatal error.

Solution:
    Delete client/ download client from .PlayerNet App.

(the new recent version has been released and ready for distribution to your .PlayerNet App)

• Again, don't touch anything during the updates.

Follow the steps carefully and do not lose the course:

• Download: PATCH_9.0.1.1103.EN_9.0.2.8316.EN.EXE
    • Move this file to your client folder next to Client.exe etc.
    • Right mouse click on the file and run as administrator
    • DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING and wait until it done its job
    • Download: PATCH_9.0.2.8316.EN_9.0.3.8316.EN.EXE
    • Download: PATCH_9.0.3.8316.EN_9.1.0.9316.EN.EXE
    • Download: 2.0.6.301.zip
    • Open this file and move ClientUpdate, Skin and vcfile inside to your client folder. Don't extract Client.exe.
    • Open runedev.ini and change the ip to: Ip=global-srv.arcadiarom.com
  • Hello,
    Its been fixed there was way easier way lol, if anyone wants to know pm me. Also there is snails missing from training camp, I guess someone came to steal them D: Anyways thanks for help :)

• I do not recommend to bypass or follow another method to bypass or to avoid any patching procedures.
    Just follow what it must done or you will face a major problem which we do not offer support for.
    The patch is an update and an update should NOT be intterupted.

more_01_upd.exe contains other patches which patch your client with new functions.
    After this patch is done, other patch will follow without any problem.

I hope I am clear after repeating this dozins of time.
    We will not repeat this again, if you face a missing detail or function inside the game because you bypass any of the update procedure, it will be at own risk and will not be supported.

• I am having the very same issue that Antidevil is describing. I uninstalled the other Client ( that I apparently am not allowed to mention but begins with a G, lol) and Official Runes of Magic and Arcadia Runes of Magic. I am now downloading the game again via PlayerNet so hope this will work out. I have downloaded patches before but never had this issue. I been at this it seems forever tonight and this is my last attempt!

Pyper

• Official Post

Greetings,

Since you are doing a clean install now.. As long as you are using the .PlayerNet App to download and patch you should not experience any more difficulties. Just make sure that your net connection stays stable and you do not interrupt anything :thumbup:

Edit:
    Also if you have anti-virus such as Norton or other you may want to make sure that it is temporarily turned off or you white list .PlayerNet and Runes of Magic etc..

If you are a windows 10 user then disable the win 10 smart screen whilst downloading/patching.

• Well, it is now just stuck. At least I am on the Arcadia Sign on Screen while the updates were downloading but for the last 30 minutes it is stuck, the top bar says 100% Checking MD5 and the bottom bar is at 80%. I saw it download the official Runes of magic 6. something and now it has stopped, that was the last thing I saw downloading. On the paradise UPD download screen it is at 20% and it has been like this for about 35 Mins now.

Any suggestions?

• Well, its not updated. I just Downloaded with playernet after you said playernet has been updated. But the client version it downloaded was 8.1.2.1025 (or 8.1.3.1027).

• i think updating totaly stuck, coz cpu usage on Self-Extractor is 0% atm, but i if close self-extractor and try again update client, it will be switch to GForge client and fck up all

btw, atm patch is patch_9.0.1.1103.en_9.0.2.8316.en

• If I understood well, more_01_upd.exe, more_02_upd.exe will stuck after extract and execute GF patch and a bat file. How do I know? Task manager show now activity, there is no network activity, there is no HD noise, more_01_upd.exe stays at 20%!, no Jesus Back!!!, the sun still had'nt touched the border of Earth!! and the multiverse dimensions did not collapsed!
    Well, that's pretty much that for all other one. But more_03_upd works ok, it reach its end after extracting and executing its stuff, then call next more_04_upd.

• If I understood well, more_01_upd.exe, more_01_upd.exe will stuck after extract and execute GF patch and a bat file. How do I know? Task manager show now activity, there is no network activity, there is no HD noise, more_01_upd.exe stays at 20%!, no Jesus Back!!!, the sun still had'nt touched the border of Earth!! and the multiverse dimensions did not collapsed!
    Well, that's pretty much that for all other one. But more_03_upd works ok, it reach its end after extracting and executing its stuff, then call next more_04_upd.

how much time do you were waiting for more_01_upd.exe end and more_02_upd.exe start ?