AU after patch 10.4.0.1005

• I, personally (not my guild), don't mind anyone playing with AU. It'S every persons right to do and thats fine. As INT mentioned above, a new,working version was already posted in the world chat a few hours ago so I guess it's just waiting until it is approved on curse. ;)

Since everything is working again I think this discussion is finished and everybody can, happily I might add, play with whatever addons he/she likes.

Greetings.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

Edited once, last by Laisha ().

• > The last posts have lost the purpose of this thread and I think many players would be helped, if we find a solution for the main problem AU users might have: If one part does not work, everything does not work and every user has to rely on one person to be able to play the game again.

Please, please, please open source the addon so other developers can improve it (even just for themselves). I've tried moving KittyCombo out of AU multiple times since the 64bit conversion and I keep getting stuck on broken dropdowns for my whole client (but invisible buttons are fixed). Reve has been great at providing suggestions for the next place to look, and that's really appreciated, but since the addon works with AU and doesn't without, there's something in AU code that's making it work and the closed-source nature means I'm left guessing. As I don't use KittyCombo myself, my motivation to figure out the black box shrinks considerably.

If open sourcing isn't an option, maybe CoA could consider acquiring the addon from Revenant since it's integral to so many players CoA experience? Or maybe the Paradise Addon Developer Program should require that addons released under CoA contain uncompiled copies of compiled files too.

Last, I want to make sure it's clear how much respect I have for AU -- as someone who works on addons myself, AU is probably the best addon I've ever seen developed for RoM. It has a huge amount of functionality, offers ways to enable/disable them, and is extremely easy to use since it packages many components together. It clearly has required hundreds of hours of investment over the years, and it's part of why it's so integral to many players workflows. So, to end my slightly pessimistic take, thank you Revenant for releasing it at all, and all of your hard work on it. Especially with 1-2 day turnarounds on fixes like this.