Posts by Ravinous

Not sure how quoting in-line works, so just going to paste your quotes espar91.

Espar91:

why it is requiring an aoe increment if class is already doing great in overall? it don't need to beat everything in everywhere

I never requested a direct buff / increment to the damage of Enlivened Blade. I said other classes see LESS drop-off on AoE skill damage when attacking multiple targets (vs r/m), and that doesn't make sense to me.

Espar91:
    are you aware of existence of earth pulse skill? because it is literally same as r/wd potws, but not limited to 6 targets and has no damage loss for each extra target. i am dealing 8kk damage per hit with this skill, and it has no gcd. it is hitting all 15 targets for sure because it is hitting only to targets between you and target, and still having 60kk per sec while bursting groups.

When I responded I thought it was still a 10s CD; I was confusing it with m/d.

Espar91:
    devs already mentioned that they aren't planning to make rogue a 6 dex build months ago, so i don't know what are you trying to say. 90% of server is using 3/3 build for rogue already and that is identity of this class here.

??? Your argument for leather-based rogue/warden being better is that it uses DEX modifiers. So the best way to give an equivalent comparison and see how damage differs due to DEX vs STR modifiers is to compare full DEX (leather) vs full STR
    (chain).

Espar91:

how come instance doesn't matter? xD i am playing r/m in rofl and 30-35% of my overall damage is from enlivened blade as most damage, so what is the problem? maybe you are using wrong offhand so it is dealing low damage since its skills are dealing double damage and one is depending on your offhand, similar to r/wl white hits.

I've explained multiple times "why the instance doesn't matter". For the last time: The damage value itself is irrelevant, the issue is that mages don't see a 10x+ drop-off in damage when AoEing large groups like r/m does. If AoE is supposed to be one of the strongest points of the class (and giving it a no energy cost, 1s cd skill seems to be the idea behind that) then it shouldn't see its damage decreased so much when hitting multiple mobs while mages (and apparently rogue/druid) don't.

re: rogue/druid
    You're saying 60kk dps to 15 mobs, which comes out to 4m dmg per hit. I'm assuming this is with cooldowns, since the damage is only 328% on Poison Shroud. 4m damage per mob every 4 seconds (cd of Poison Shroud) when mobs have 40m+ HP really isn't that much, especially considering you're using CDs for this comparison. R/wd can easily match that with 4x Power of the Wood Spirit (not to 15 mobs, but most aoe fights have < 6 mobs grouped up anyways) while also buffing pt dmg by 5% and weaving other skills between.

- Ravinous

Not with Poison Shroud. With "Earth Pulse". Druid skill

Ah, okay. Thanks for the clarification. In that case, if Earth Pulse seems to be overperforming, consider adjusting the CD.

re: rogue/mage
    I don't understand your feedback -- the only change I requested for R/M is that its AoEs don't see a damage drop-off to the same degree many other AoEs do (such as M/D, M/K, M/Ch... etc.).

re: rogue/champion
    Yeah, it's single-target burst potential is pretty high and it can also be a very strong supporter. That's why all I requested was making an elite feel less underwhelming and to increase the rate at which it can AoE (while decreasing the damage of the AoE). Outside of begging party members to run FT/SA, it's not much different from other rogues (even while support mechanisms are being used).

re: rogue/druid
    You're saying 60kk dps to 15 mobs, which comes out to 4m dmg per hit. I'm assuming this is with cooldowns, since the damage is only 328% on Poison Shroud. 4m damage per mob every 4 seconds (cd of Poison Shroud) when mobs have 40m+ HP really isn't that much, especially considering you're using CDs for this comparison. R/wd can easily match that with 4x Power of the Wood Spirit (not to 15 mobs, but most aoe fights have < 6 mobs grouped up anyways) while also buffing pt dmg by 5% and weaving other skills between.

re: rogue/warden
    Please read what I said if you're going to try to criticize it. I said leather needs more class identity, and sharing one of the most powerful rogue classes with chain goes against that. I'd love to see a DPS comparison between r/wd with chain vs leather gear (same tiers, changing 6/0 dex/patt/deftness vs 6/0 str/patt/endurance) to back up this claim that seems to be made so often. In all the testing I've done in the past, dex/str modifiers make a negligible difference in burst dmg, and minor (5% or less) in sustain. As your damage increases using str vs dex makes less of a difference since it just adds base dmg, rather than scaling with att/dmg.

re: rogue/scout
    I agree the burst needs some help here -- low blow spam can't compete with Chaos Blade / Dark Soul Smelt white hits at att speed cap. I generally enjoy the class, but after playing it more in boss event think it could use an increase in damage for burst.

re: tikal mobs as a class indicator
    The point was AoE damage from Enlivened Blade shouldn't drop off so much; the instance I gave as an example doesn't matter, AoE damage went from 400k/hit with Enlivened Blade to 12k/hit while mage/druid were still hitting for 500k+ per hit regardless of the number of mobs being hit.

- Ravinous

Rogue is my favorite primary class by far, so here's some thoughts I've been gathering on it since we're on the topic:

Rogue (overall):
    - Combo Throw: Consider changing this from 2 -> 4 hits with a 4 -> 6s CD. 2 hits ends up being pretty useless for the cast time compared to just white hitting. To compensate on Rogue/Mage, reduce CD of skill to 3-4s.

Rogue/Scout:
    Overall: Currently I feel like this class underperforms compared to other rogues when Energy Thief is on CD. I suggest one of two changes to address that:
    - Energy Thief (Idea 1): Reduce CD from 2 minutes -> 60s. This brings the CD more in line with elite CDs from other classes.
    - Energy Thief (Idea 2): Make this a 900s buff, but reduce energy gain from 20 -> 6-8. This would allow for quite a bit of playstyle diversity -- do you cap your attack speed with all buffs to maximize burn dps? Or do you spread out attack speed buffs to keep higher sustain? Similarly, how much do you choose to weave scout primaries like Shot and Joint Blow? This is my preferred choice, but the energy gain value must be tuned carefully.
    - Combat Master: If Energy Thief is made into a non-CD buff, consider lowering crit damage bonus to 50-55%.

Rogue/Knight
    - Poisonous Protection: This skill feels very underwhelming. Maybe it can be changed to something that allowed the class to use Shield of Discipline.
    - Courageous Guard: 10s duration feels a bit too short for the 60s CD. I recommend increasing duration to 20s.
    - Illegal Punishment: The damage modifier it mentions for Dex doesn't seem to be increasing the damage by much. Also, Punishment damage feels low compared to Holy Strike at 4 stacks -- I'd recommend making this skill increase the damage of Punishment as well.

Rogue/Mage

- Enlivened Blade: Remove damage reduction per mob hit. Almost all mage skills decimate rogue/mage's AOE ability due to no damage drop off per additional mobs hit. Some mobs in Tikal when grouped up took as little as 12k damage per proc, when equivalent mages did 500k+.

Rogue/Warden
    - Wood Spirit's Grasp: I feel like the increased damage for Power of the Wood Spirit from this elite makes R/Wd too good at both single-target and aoe. I'd recommend removing the increased damage for Power of the Wood Spirit.

- "Chain Mastery": Remove or change this completely. Leather classes need more class identity, and giving one of the most powerful rogues to chain users as well makes that difficult.

Rogue/Priest

- Kick: Decrease MP cost from %-based to the same as Charged Chop.
    - Holy Surge: Decrease MP cost from %-based to the same as Power of the Wood Spirit.
    - Slowing Poison: Remove 'Poison Bottle' cost from skill, or require 'Poisonous' buff instead, or allow Poison Bottle to stack to 1000. Preferably just change it to require 'Poisonous' buff though.
    - Demonstration of Evil: Add 20-30% water damage increase to this elite -- right now there's no reason to choose Rogue/Priest over Rogue/Warden.

Rogue/Druid

- Hysteric Vengeance: Increase (double?) the Patt bonus from this skill to make it more competitive with other rogue elites.
    - Killin' Time: Increase the physical critical damage to 75-85% -- r/s already gets a (basically) passive 100% weapon damage boost from blood arrow and permanent uptime 65.5% crit damage from combat master.
    - Slaughterer Blessing: 60s CD for a ~10% heal and 15s physical attack buff feels too long. Please consider reducing CD to 30s.
    - Poison Shroud: Remove the 'Poison Bottle' requirement, or allow them to stack to 1000. Preferably remove the requirement though and just require a 'Poisoned' state.

Rogue/Champion
    - Remodeled Assassin: This elite felt underwhelming when bringing Assassin's Rage to a 4min CD. I'd recommend adjusting the CD down to 3 minutes.
    - Silent Rune Bomb: This skill really sucks to place with a 4s CD and its relatively low damage. Most of the time it feels like more damage just to spam electrocute unless there are more than 4-5 mobs. Consider making this a skill that has a 1s CD with a slight reduction to damage.
    - Pulse Rune Bomb: With the above change, I think Pulse Rune Bomb CD should be reduced to between 4-6s and its damage reduced accordingly as well.

Best,
    Ravinous

I don't understand the reason behind the change with Rogue/Warlock.

I've played all the rogue classes since class rebalancing*, and while I agree Rogue/Warlock had better sustain dps than most others (roughly tied with r/wd, but no mana management), this was balanced by the fact that Rogue/Warlock has almost no AOEs. Its only AOE is Ghostly Strike which can hit 3 targets every 4 seconds.

Second, its damage for Shadowstab / Low Blow / Wound Attack has already been lowered to account for the permanent increase to dark damage and passive pattack buff. That wasn't touched here, making Rogue/Mage significantly better by every comparison (1s CD AOE, 50% fire dmg buff with 60s CD, no nerf to ss/lb/wa dmg). The only potential downside is that r/m doesn't get warp charge, but that's available to all classes through wl/m anyways (please don't get any funny ideas...).

I haven't tested R/Wd since this change, but before it I was able to match my R/Wl dps by weaving Charged Chop with my other skills (without warp charge).This change just makes R/Wd that much better than the next best, further invalidating any investment into leather gear vs chain.

Please reconsider the changes to Rogue/Warlock

---

Separately, can we please get more staff interaction regarding class changes? I noticed Byte used to respond here to feedback, but that seems to have stopped. I think that would go a long way to understanding the reason for the changes being made.

Thanks,

Ravinous

without heal bonus on gear (starter gear), you will not heal more/less with healing change, because there is no heal bonus on equip?

I agree that healing bonus is needed on starter gear to make it viable for new players.

> If you are a new player, why do you want to heal ppl with 500k+ hp? that sounds like you want to heal endcontent statted players with your starter gear?

The starter DPS gear is roughly equivalent to end-game ~lv90 gear, which can be used to clear Grotto of Horror HM with a tank. Is it unreasonable to expect a tank for GoH (lv85 instance) to be able to be healed from someone in gear that should be endgame for 5 lvls higher? I don't think so.

Also your healing power, magical damage and wisdom seems very low (starter gear?). Is it buffed or unbuffed?

This was purely to show that healing for equivalent gear has been reduced by 3x from what players starting on Arcadia may be used to, and it strongly affects what a new player is even capable of participating in.

It also shows that an equal amount of healing power gives significantly less heals (around ~3x) than it did pre-balancing.

Buffing as healer now increase healing, same like damage for dps classes.

Both healers were tested with 0 buffs.

If your values are unbuffed, try buffing (you should come near 60k wisdom for example)

While buffing does increase your heals quite a bit, most new players won't immediately have access to buff foods that would significantly help heals in runs (e.g. transformation potion, hero potion, everlasting love spiced juice, or featured cuisine delicacy). Sure they maybe be relatively cheap when you have 1k+ diamonds, but making that 1st 1k without being able to do anything but leech in runs is difficult when many folks aren't comfortable taking things when they know their contributions are low.

I don't think it's completely fair to compare buffed numbers post-balancing with unbuffed numbers pre-balancing, but since buffing does offer more of a benefit than it did before, here they are anyways:

Buffs: Hero Potion, Transformation pot (sta/wis), Everlasting Spice Juice (7% int/wis, 3% mdam/healing), Featured Cuisine Delicacy, Concentration Prayer +104, Crispy Chicken Drumstick

Magic Damage: 19,437
    Wisdom: 48,431

Recover: 28.3k non-crit, 75k crit, 13k HoT

Mother Earth's Fountain: 11k non-crit, 29.3k crit

Even with buff foods base heals are less than half of what they were pre-balancing with equivalent healing power, 12% more crit damage, and 4x the wisdom.

The most recent change to heals seems to have brought my heals on D/P even lower. After some testing, I can see that heals are less than half of what they were before any balancing / lass changes with equivalent stats. Here were my findings:

Healing before any balancing / class changes

============================

Lv 92 Druid (no subclass, no buff)

Healing Power: 22,720 (Gear: 20,200; Set Bonus: 2520)

Magic Damage: 12,297

Wisdom: 11,172

Lv92 Recover: 70-72k non-crit, 175-180k crit, 14.2k HoT
    Lv92 Mother Earth's Fountain: 37-39k non-crit, 95.8k-96.8k crit

Healing today

=========

Lv104 Druid (no subclass, only arcadian patience buff)

Healing Power: 22,880
    Magic Damage: 15,577
    Wisdom: 30,255

Lv 104 Recover: 20.4k non-crit, 54.1k crit, 7.3k HoT
    Lv 104 Mother Earth's Fountain: 8.2k non-crit, 21.9k crit

Essentially, heals have been cut by over 3x from what they were. I think this explains why Kelpi, @Dale Kingston Jr and I are so frustrated with the healing nerfs, as the entire role is quickly becoming unenjoyable.

I understand that there is a need to incentivize healers to upgrade gear as new caps are released, but please reconsider the approach that hurts new players so much. Healers are already at three major disadvantages when starting:
    1. No DPS gear (they chose adventurer healing gear) to solo farm with
    2. Adventurer gear gives no healing power, and with the stats it gives they can't reliably heal even % ticks on players buffing to 500k+ hp.
    3. Stats and gear is tied for most expensive on the server, with the entire "magical dps" category (covering dozens of class combos and playstyles).

Until today, I've strongly felt that all player feedback is listened to (through changes from feedback noted here, item shop suggestions, questions in-game, etc.), but it really felt like Kelpi, Dale and I's concerns seem to have been completely disregarded in the most recent patch and that was really disappointing.

Please reconsider how the healing formula is currently written (logarithmic scaling suggested by melodic seems like a great place to start) and help us understand the goals of healing changes so we can provide useful feedback.

Thank you,

Ravinous

To expand on Cosmo's request more explicitly; could we get the following in IS for an upcoming Weekend Promo?:
    - Aged Realgar Wine

- Egg Rice Dumplings

- Hot Stew

- Soulmate Mixed Dessert

- Featured Cuisine Delicacy

- Everlasting Love Spiced Juice

- Fresh Ostrich Feast
    - Attack Sigil

- Magic Atack Sigil

- Defense Sigil

Separately, I haven't seen these for a while and it would help our guild's new players a lot:
    - Pet Experience Charm Bundle (4x 100k charms) and the single-charm items up to 10m exp.
    - Powerful Pet Growth Potion
    - Crafting Furnitures (All)
    - Individual Race Change (Elf, Dwarf, Human)

> The last posts have lost the purpose of this thread and I think many players would be helped, if we find a solution for the main problem AU users might have: If one part does not work, everything does not work and every user has to rely on one person to be able to play the game again.

Please, please, please open source the addon so other developers can improve it (even just for themselves). I've tried moving KittyCombo out of AU multiple times since the 64bit conversion and I keep getting stuck on broken dropdowns for my whole client (but invisible buttons are fixed). Reve has been great at providing suggestions for the next place to look, and that's really appreciated, but since the addon works with AU and doesn't without, there's something in AU code that's making it work and the closed-source nature means I'm left guessing. As I don't use KittyCombo myself, my motivation to figure out the black box shrinks considerably.

If open sourcing isn't an option, maybe CoA could consider acquiring the addon from Revenant since it's integral to so many players CoA experience? Or maybe the Paradise Addon Developer Program should require that addons released under CoA contain uncompiled copies of compiled files too.

Last, I want to make sure it's clear how much respect I have for AU -- as someone who works on addons myself, AU is probably the best addon I've ever seen developed for RoM. It has a huge amount of functionality, offers ways to enable/disable them, and is extremely easy to use since it packages many components together. It clearly has required hundreds of hours of investment over the years, and it's part of why it's so integral to many players workflows. So, to end my slightly pessimistic take, thank you Revenant for releasing it at all, and all of your hard work on it. Especially with 1-2 day turnarounds on fixes like this.

I wanted to offer a take on the healing output changes from new players trying to push through content.

Our guild all joined the server within the past 2 months (over half in the past 2 weeks) and we're mostly from NA / play in NA evenings. Honestly, there isn't a ton of players to run with at that time. So we're usually forced to try and run content like Tikal with 3-4 people.

Before the healing changes, we would move a bit slowly, but usually without wiping, and clear Tikal in 40-50 minutes. Last night it took us nearly an hour with a rofl-ready mdps carry, and today after 1 1/2 hours had to give up after multiple wipes from lack of heals where they would have existed before, and needing to sleep.

It's really frustrating to stare at the last boss knowing we could have done it if HoTs were a bit better so that if DPS or heals accidentally pulled a couple of the mobs during P3, they weren't dead if Recover wasn't interrupted off tank to heal them instead. That seems like the point of making HoTs so abundant with D/P (in our specific example).

I do agree that the heals before the change were approaching absurd levels when lots of Wisdom was being statted. But for us, this change felt like it took too much away.

To fix this, I suggest:

1. Increase HoTs by 75%;

2. Decrease received healing by 50-75% in whatever the current endgame content is (rofl, maybe hm-only?). Maybe on Aldo too?

This allows players to more easily get geared for endgame content, and helps address some of the concerns around how "easy" it is to heal which led to this change. It also isn't a request to fully revert the existing change, just tune it down.

For reference, our healer went from healing ~20-22k (~50k recover) with HoTs to 7-8k (~20k recover) with a T14 Shadowmoon Merchant weapon, Seer set, and Aoth set. He's able to buff to 32k wisdom, but that only gets him to 10-11k HoTs.

Also, if additional changes are made regarding base heals (as they don't seem to have been touched), please try to test it with 30-50k wisdom as well to make sure it isn't hurting new players ability to start on the server.

Sorry for the wall of text, but if you made it here, I appreciate you taking the time to read it.

Ravinous