Auction House System suggestions

• Just a few ideas/suggestions I had about the Auction system. Not entirely sure about the possibility of them tho :S

1) increase item limit above 30 ?
    2) longer auction times - add 7,10,30 day auctions ? It is annoying to put some things up many times repeatedly every 3 days ;D
    3) forgot what the 3rd was... maybe later

• Just a few ideas/suggestions I had about the Auction system. Not entirely sure about the possibility of them tho :S

1) increase item limit above 30 ?
    2) longer auction times - add 7,10,30 day auctions ? It is annoying to put some things up many times repeatedly every 3 days ;D
    3) forgot what the 3rd was... maybe later

#3 maybe make the start bid really what the start bid should be, and not 5% above start bit for the first bid^^

Another suggestion.
    Implement some kind of downward auction/reverse auction.
    Item starts at e.g. 1000 dias and with every hour it goes down until someone finally buys it.......

• Well, i am not sure if it is right placed in this section...so please move if you find another section where it suits best.

As we all know already from official servers, the limitation of the auction house to only 500 listed items from each search was always annoying.
    An so it is here, with the growing playerbase and growing supply of Manastones/Stats.

I know there is no client-side-based way to give more filtering options to narrow the search results, neither is it possible to give any other option.

So my question is, are you guys from Arcadia so awesome that YOU are able to change the world in RoM and allow more than 500 listed Items, other than Runewaker who never managed to fix this problem, which annoys generations of RoM-Players, veterans same like newbies....
    Are you the ones who can change History in RoM ? Can make the Auction House experience way better than it was ever before ?

I am not the one behind the scenes no can i see the server-side-based code, but i guess there might be a chance to open the API/Searchfunction to either enhance for additional options (such as server side filter options) or just open up the limit.
    This might come with an option, and only be applied for certain search requests, to NOT stress the server too much.
    Also you could offer an option to price limits (server side filtering) e.g. price range 1-1000d, or 1000d-5000d.

As for now i feel, this is a very big problem for people finding and selling Items especially manastones in the auction house.

Thank you for your attention, if you need any further input i may help where i can :)

Regards
    Xanadú

• Official Post

Hello and thanks for your suggestion but:

there is a reason why the results per search are limited to 500 -
    a higher limit would mean longer loading time, a delay that every player would notice, not only the players who browses the AH.

Sadly RoM is not the most resource friendly game as we all know,
    so increasing the AH search limit would not only load unnecessary data onto our servers, also on the players PC.

You can use Advanced Auction House addon to increase the possibilities of filtering.
    For example you can filter by stat values in this addon, so you won't get 500 manastones, but only the stones with the values you set in the filters.

• You can use Advanced Auction House addon to increase the possibilities of filtering.
    For example you can filter by stat values in this addon, so you won't get 500 manastones, but only the stones with the values you set in the filters.

You can put more filters one your search using AAH, no doubt about that.
    The thing is, it's still limited to 500 results server-side and the AAH-specific filters only apply into the results the client gets submitted by the server. (So you still don't get to search more than 500 at once)
    Having mentioned that I think a goal could be to make the server-side filters more specific, so there would'nt even be 500 search results to be submitted.
    A pretty good option is imo doing a price range (like already mentioned) if thats is possible to implement.

I don't know how much workload this would put onto the server compared to just submittung the results currently allowed for the server-side filters or if it's even possible since I don't have the chance to test this, but I think it would be worth to look into.

Regards, Saphira

• Well, yes, that's exactly the problem.
    The filter only apply AFTER the server delivered the 500 random search results, we have NO chance to filter on server side to only get the desired items.
    And i think there are only 2 areas where this might be necessary to lift the 500 items limit, actually Manastones Tier 6 and Monster Cards.

IF there was a possibillity to filter on sevrer side...there would be No problem at all.
    But the lua function that is used in Advanced Auction house, and is in the API has no other way to specify any further detail on manastones.

I do not request a general lift of the 500 items limit, but maybe it would be possible for the category of manastones, this would be awesome !

• AAH addon has filters about kind of mana stones/stats and I dont have any problem with search neccesary stats/items ( even Arcadia )
    btw. better options would be extend the auction time - maybe 7 ? ( now 3 days )

• AAH addon has filters about kind of mana stones/stats and I dont have any problem with search neccesary stats/items ( even Arcadia )
    btw. better options would be extend the auction time - maybe 7 ? ( now 3 days )

Well, you may have no problem, because you don't understand the problem^^
    First of all, you never get all Stones, so maybe you don't see the desired ones, or only expensive ones...and so on.
    Second, as a seller, your stones probably won't appear if someone will search, as they don't even come from server side as search result.
    Third, if you extend the auction time (which i personally would appreciate) you would make this problem even worse, as more stones would be in AH as all the stones remain there for 7 days.

• Well, the 500 results are not exactly random, for the same search you get the same items when the items in ah didn't change.
    But you get different results for searching "Manastone Tier 6" or "manastone tier 6" or "tier 6" etc. Try different searches and compare your wanted stats to get the best offers.

Well, cards still are a problem, but the better ones are loaded first anyways so just farm the other ones :P