Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• I noticed aswell as wl/k. Maybe is this:

• Changed physical and magical absorb attributes to do not stack by summing.

Hmm could be. Makes some classes a bit weak imho

I agree, but I also think that it's probably to prevent some abusing behaviour with wave armour + wl shield, where you could basically make one person immortal for 20 seconds.

Generally I find the change good, readjustments for classes being hit too hard have to be made though.

• (...) Actually there is no need anymore to play Knight imho. (...)

Agree on that.

I also saw warlocks tank on an equal way in (more or less) full mdps gear. So maybe one should nerf (which would always result in dislike and frustration) those non-plate-tanks so that they need to build some kind of defensive adapted gear for their classes, or give the knight class some better support. From my perspective, a knight should be more viable due to its support for the raid. Most knights already got some utility, but not all of them and most are pretty low. I mean, 5-12% more dmg on a target for XY seconds is quite nice, but doesn't matter at all in a raid setup of 10-12 golden geared players. If there were no events and immune phases, all the bosses would be burned down in seconds, so all those damage-buffing support is kinda useless in my eyes...at all.

Maybe knights should support the survivability much more? Maybe with more/better crowd control or damage reduction (for trash phases) since this isn't additively calculated anymore? Just like for example Knight/Mage (dmg reduction on AoE), Knight/Druid (shields and heal) and somehow also Knight/Champ (with its stuns) already do.

• I tested d/wl again after couple of months. I didn't remember it was that bad as it is, guess rest of mages and warlocks got buffed since. I would change:

- For sustain single dmg: Body Vitalization from 2min cd and 20s effect to same as d/r, 60s cd and 30s effect. This should improve a bit its overall dmg.

- For burst single dmg. Nature's Poison have 6s cd atm, I think it should reduce 1s cd per stack in target. Balton and last boss dmg was by far worst dps in party.

Summon up, the class is around 25-30% weaker than worst mage (which for us is m/k) in a whole rofl run.

- Druid/Mage. Few patches ago it got interesting buffs into dps. Clearly they aren't enough to make the class viable, are more of those changes coming up?

- Priest mdps. How is this process going? Would be nice to have any news about it.

• (...) Actually there is no need anymore to play Knight imho. .

(...)

Maybe knights should support the survivability much more? Maybe with more/better crowd control or damage reduction (for trash phases) since this isn't additively calculated anymore? Just like for example Knight/Mage (dmg reduction on AoE), Knight/Druid (shields and heal) and somehow also Knight/Champ (with its stuns) already do.

One problem or bug at the moment is, that the dmg debuff of warrior/priest overrides the dmg debuff of Knight/Mage. And the debuff of Knight/mage is stronger!!! Please fix

Another point is, like you said all is burned in seconds or maybe less than seconds in trash. More CC or DMG reduction of Knights wouldn't help in my opinion. 3 mages dps can also perma stun everything.

If you see for example the damage of a shield form champ/mage in big trash pulls, you can only cry as a knight tank, because the champ tank is a full dps in such a situation.

For me it is still fail that a full dps geared class can simultanously be a full tank. No other class has this ability. Please change it or implement the same ability for all other classes. I want to have ~2kk HP and 5-10kk def as rogue or scout or mage in full dps gear too

Kind regards

• Regarding rogue/Champ

The Power mechanism lasts 30 seconds with a CD of 30 seconds. This mechanism is kinda useless to use in trash / move phases. Can you please change the Power mechanism that this would follow the caster or will be an aura of the caster like the change of warrior/warlock you did a few weeks ago.

Therefore you could reduce the buff for raidmembers to 2-3% from 5%

Kind regards

• Hello World... It would be nice if you could Do the cenedrils and warden pets 50% smaller or you make them invisible for other Player... If you run instance all of the screen is full of pets... Would be a nice change.... THX

BEST GREETZ

• Hello World... It would be nice if you could Do the cenedrils and warden pets 50% smaller or you make them invisible for other Player... If you run instance all of the screen is full of pets... Would be a nice change.... THX

BEST GREETZ

Against it, since we're using cenedrils and warden pets for tactical pulls in trashes. At least for me as a tank it would be important to always have an eye on those pets in order to react on their behavior. Also everything that can pull stuff, needs to be visible for everyone imo, or there will be pure chaos in the future ;)

Maybe an additional option to hide them would be okay imo, but not to integrate them into the given one.

• S/Wl

This class is still underperforming for a long while now. Maybe a solution to make this viable again would be to change all its poison casts to enable "cast while moving". This would make Piercing Arrow and Combo Shot much better, since both are currently almost interrupted by moving. The Warlock/Scout for example can cast everything while moving, which makes it that viable in the current meta.

Also the Elemental Discipline could be buffed a bit again in damage, because the class definitely needs a push in sustain damage imo.

Overall the class is as bad as any druid dps class, which is sad.

BEST GREETZ

I think it's a good idea, we also discussed, that it would be nice to have the possibility in the settings to hide them. (own risk)

• WdW

I played the Warden/Warrior these days in rofl, it's a pretty funny class to tank with, but lacks a bit in HP and Def compared to other tanks. Even a chain dps Champion is Shield form has higher values than the Warden with tank plate, which is kinda strange. So I collected some suggestions that could make the class more useful and viable to play.

• Change Resilience of Life494354 should additionally increase physical defense by 30% to give the class more def than dps champs... :rolleyes:
    • The Lv 50 eilte Coat of Arms494611 is a bit useless in my eyes. It could buff the entire party or raid instead of only one target and the caster.
    • Also the Lv 60 eilte Elf Blessing499902 could reduce the cooldown of Elven Guidance499903 by 30 seconds additionally. My mana consume was a bit too high, even while using a wisdom transformation potion and additional support. So the skill was always having about 20 seconds left, when I wanted to use it again.
    • Feral Leader499900 should increase the damage of party members by 5% instead of reducing the aggro, which is pretty useless, bcz everyone is already at the 10% aggro cap.
  • WdW

I played the Warden/Warrior these days in rofl, it's a pretty funny class to tank with, but lacks a bit in HP and Def compared to other tanks. Even a chain dps Champion is Shield form has higher values than the Warden with tank plate, which is kinda strange. So I collected some suggestions that could make the class more useful and viable to play.

• Change Resilience of Life494354 should additionally increase physical defense by 30% to give the class more def than dps champs... :rolleyes:
    • The Lv 50 eilte Coat of Arms494611 is a bit useless in my eyes. It could buff the entire party or raid instead of only one target and the caster.
    • Also the Lv 60 eilte Elf Blessing499902 could reduce the cooldown of Elven Guidance499903 by 30 seconds additionally. My mana consume was a bit too high, even while using a wisdom transformation potion and additional support. So the skill was always having about 20 seconds left, when I wanted to use it again.
    • Feral Leader499900 should increase the damage of party members by 5% instead of reducing the aggro, which is pretty useless, bcz everyone is already at the 10% aggro cap.

Good points, but why "Even a chain dps Champion is Shield form has higher values than the Warden with tank plate". Champs in shield form have higher values than any plate tank with same gear? ^^

And not every class is on 10% aggro cap. There are some classes like Scout/Warlock and Mage/Rogue which has extra +aggro selfbuffs. And again a 5% dmg buff for the group isn't really needed if you compare the outgoing damage now with that 1 year ago. 5-10% incoming damage reduce instead of aggro reduce would be better in my eyes for the Feral Leader.

Kind regards

• Good points, but why "Even a chain dps Champion is Shield form has higher values than the Warden with tank plate". Champs in shield form have higher values than any plate tank with same gear? ^^

Yes sure, but from my experience, a Warden/Warrior always had more def than any other class, but nowadays it seems not to be true anymore unfortunately...

Due to the only 18% patt reduction through the Oak Spirit, the Warden would need muuuuch more def than any other tank out there. Those high-cd-low-duration-buffs are nice to have, but the class definitely needs some more passive def bonus.

And not every class is on 10% aggro cap. There are some classes like Scout/Warlock and Mage/Rogue which has extra +aggro selfbuffs. And again a 5% dmg buff for the group isn't really needed if you compare the outgoing damage now with that 1 year ago. 5-10% incoming damage reduce instead of aggro reduce would be better in my eyes for the Feral Leader.

Yes, but one could still use -aggro runes in that matter, so the skill buff is just useless. And yea, I agree, 5-10% dmg reduction might be the better suggestion for it.

• Hey Arcadians,:)

on the occasion of the many discussions about champions in the Forum Post: Class balance - "Madness and stupidity", I wanted to share with you my view, my test of the last days as Champion/Mage Tank and suggestions for improvement for the future.

In general, I would like to make it clear that not only champions in dps mode (disassembly mode), but also in tank mode (shield form) occur too strongly in the ini. As a champion/mage I have in full dps gear with two-handed hammer without 90 ISS 3.5kk def in shield form and with 10 stacks 5kk. Here you have to keep in mind that as a champion/mage you do still violent damage by the way. Although like any other tank, I made tactical smash on the boss and did not go to maximum damage, 2-3kkk damage were always possible. On the one hand, it's quite funny, but understandably it annoys other players at some point and you ask yourself, am I tank or dps now and is it fair to other classes?

Or even better. Champion/Knight I have tested with 7kkk def every now and then and you are unbreakable despite full dps gear. Even if I play champ as a main class, here should take place some balances.

Also the Champion/Druid should not be able to heal half of a full gold healer in the dps gear by the way and still provide good support + dmg. That's why I thought a few things and you could maybe solve the "Champion/Dps/Tank/Heal" problem with the following possibilities.

The basis of my ideas is to remove the shield form, but still offer 3 different tank classes, which should be fair to knight classes.

The following suggestions are considered general changes for Champion Tank classes: Champion/Knight, Champion/Warrior (although no one plays anyway) and therefore as another tank option of the Champion/Priest.

1. "Disassembly mode" is an elite skill that allows you to wear plate gear.

But not as usual, no stamina is converted to strength. And your "Runecraft - Fortify" provides while in a disassembly mode state physical defense by 32%. That is more than enough.

2. "Rune Overload" is also expected to become a new Elite ability that only Champion Tanks have and need for their role.

3. During disassembly mode your "Rune Growth" should decrease your received physical damage and magical damage by 10,7% while being under effect of rune overload.

4. The skill "Last Line of Defense" will also only be usable for tank classes and changed in disassembly mode.

In order to incorporate a bit of variability into the different classes, I thought about a few class-specific changes.

Champion/Knight:

1. This class is balanced with the above changes in values according to calculation equal to knight classes and in my opinion much better balanced than before. I would like to see a small change in the Skill "Holy Roar", namely that an aggro multiplier is added as in the whirlwind shield.

Champion/Priest:

1. This class is actually quite funny, but unfortunately you also see very rarely, because simply on the one hand the champ/druid the better supporter thus does not give a proper sense for the class, although the mechanics with the Light Pulse is a good idea.

2. That's why I would reduce the mana consumption of Light Pulse to 2% from 6% and remove the 0,2 STA heal. In my thoughts it is a tank and not a heal xD. The aggro multiplier is absolutely fine.

3. Another good tank support for the group is "Suicide Advance", but you would have to remove the defense reduction and then there would be no problems with the hits on the boss at the beginning.

4. As a last suggestion and feature for this class, I would remove the Reviving Blast skill because you hardly use it when you play this class and replace it with a new skill. For example, as a /priest you could implement a similar priest bubble that lasts 15 seconds and reduces the damage of the mobs within a radius of 100 that are in this bubble by 20%.

First of all, the tank considerations.

In addition to compensating for the loss of shield form a bit and to preserve the style of play and sense of the champion, I would make "Feedback defense" as a general skill for all champions. Maybe the duration could be increased to 30 seconds with 90 seconds cooldown. In addition, physical defense is increased to 20% from 16% and the damage is increased to 15% from 8%.

Finally, I would like to comment on the Champion/Druid:

1.Unfortunately, it really cannot be the case that you support a full raid with str/str gear, do damage and then act as a healer. I think it really outweighs the role of the champion. Making half of a full-fledged gold gear healer during dps should not be possible.

2. During "Recover", the complete multiplier of STA should be removed and set from 3 to 0.5 or 1 at STR.

3. During "Field of Replenishment", the complete multiplier of STA should be removed and set from 3 to 0.5 or 1 at STR.

4.After this change, both chain dps can support classes with the champion/druid, make dmg and easily support in healing. Cloth healers are still able to heal because of the healing bonus etc. with this class, even without STA multiplier.

Greetings Ryzek:thumbup:

• 1. This class is balanced with the above changes in values according to calculation equal to knight classes and in my opinion much better balanced than before. I would like to see a small change in the Skill "Holy Roar", namely that an aggro multiplier is added as in the whirlwind shield.

Good Ideas!

Just one suggestion of me. Holy Roar should get a maximum of 500% aggro multiplier. 1000% as whirlwind shield would be to much, because still have a bonus damage passively as a champ.

Furthermore, Shield of Discipline should be increased for this class to 35-40% in my eyes.

Kind regards

The basis of my ideas is to remove the shield form, but still offer 3 different tank classes, which should be fair to knight classes.

I strongly oppose such a class identity altering change. I agree that Shield Form should give a much less conversion rate, so that aspiring Champion tanks have to build into their role.

However, balancing is about adjustments in terms of strength and viabilty and not completly overhauling the base concept of a class. A class that players have chosen to play because of the unique style Disassembly Mode and Shield Form offer.

1. "Disassembly mode" is an elite skill that allows you to wear plate gear.

I don't see why giving plate wearers access to several new combinations while drastically reducing the amount of class combinations a chain wearing Champion can choose from should be fair.

I still propose what I already wrote in the other thread: Reduce the conversion rate of Shield Form to 20%, like its counterpart.

• Hello Arcadians,

I have a suggestion for all Scout Classes. My suggestion is, that all Scout Classes get a Blood Arrow like Scout /Champ.

Only HP costs to activate the Skill, and no hp costs every second. The 10,4% patk should be exclusive for the Scout/champ as Elite Skill.

Greetings

• Hello again,

after reading the new patch notes about champions, my reaction was very divided.:/

• Reduced Shield Form Strength to Stamina transformation to 80% from 87%.

I do not really want to comment on the sign-form amendment, because so much better suggestions have been put forward and now, I am sorry because of what I said, such a small percentage change of 7% will simply not improve the situation. I simply ask you to include other ideas that this Champion Tank problem with chains dps gear will finally be solved.

• Reduced Finishing Hammer 1-H hammer damage gain to 51.3% from 57.6%, 2-H Hammer to 64.1% from 72%.

This change is completely understandable from the first impression, since damage values and also the damage output overall was too strong for all champions both in burst and offburst.

Greetings Ryzek:)

• I agree to Ryzek , the Shield Form adaption will change nothing at all.

Also, why nerfing warrior damage? Did I miss something? Was there a Warrior overperforming? :/

Quote from Planned Patch Notes

Scout/Warlock

• Increased Elemental Discipline damage to 143.4% from 78.9%.

I like that very much, maybe the S/Wl is more viable then. :love:

The Warlock nerfs are also a good thing, but why did the Wl/Wd only get such a small nerf? Maybe nerf the Soulcrusher ISS? Or let Devestating Chop reduce AoE damage while in effect? Something like that I'm missing, since that class can stack dark damage up to nearly infinity. While Soulcrusher is hitting always without any downtime, with all its low cd buffs it reaches more overall AoE damage than most other classes.

• I support the general changes being made, though I do not enjoy the broad strokes that have been put forth to apply them; imho it wasn't neccessary to nerf all the champs damage, just the ch/m's. That being said, I am glad about the direction of this patch!

• Reduced Elemental Knowledge damage gain to 72% from 82%.

Im still hoping for some changes to buff weakest mdps classes, not only general ones. Here a few of them.

Mages: m/k, is the worst imo. It has aoe problems, big ones. Reducing elemental catalysis to 3 mins like m/s and increasing aoe dmg on it another 20% might fix a few things. Also increase stars light dmg 10-15% (since static field got buffed) this channel went far behind.

Druids: d/wl is almost not viable anymore. It was bad at first when it got released but all classes got many buffs the last months and this one was ignored. Here a few propositions.

-Weakening Weave Curse, reduce its cd to 2s so we can use between sandstorms. Increase its dmg to match Earth Arrow dmg.

-Body Vitalization: Reduce cd from 120s to 60 and increase buff time from 20s to 30s.

-Add a focus recover source! Its really necessary, warp charge can give 50 focus back (same mechanic as warlock recovery skill, easy fix).

-Nature's Poison have 6s cd atm, I think it should be reduced by 1s per stack of Toxic arrow in target.

Forgotten classes: Druid/mage and 1 mdps priest. What is going on with those? Please keep us informed, thx.

• We will see what happend, until now there have always been a variety of magic class in rofl, Mage/champion, Mage/scout, Mage/warden, Warlock/warden, Druid/rogue.

We hope to continue seeing those class, becacuse if after the patch we will only see warlock/warden and scout/warlock this class balance will no make sense, we will going back a year ago where players used only 2 magic class like warrior/mage and warlock/champ