Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• Scout

• Reduced Ranged Weapon Mastery damage gain to 38% from 43.2%.

This will affect magical scout s/wrl. Right now in my experience i don't think he need such nerf so please reconsider this change and exclude s/wrl from it. After latest patches he became less attractive to play and also his dmg in my opinion shouldn't be considered as too high.

Agree on that, the S/Wl is quite fine as it is atm. A nerf would kill him I guess.

Also agree on the M/S issue with Shot. From my perspective, shot is always used, even in burst and gives the class its very own sustain damage in offburst.

Another thing about Thunderstorm: Would it make sense to change the ground target to single target with splash damage on targets around in a specific range? In my rotation a ground target isn't performing as good as a targeting skill. :/

• Warrior

• Changed 1-H Weapon Mastery damage gain to 82%.
    • Changed 2-H Weapon Mastery damage gain to 76.5%

Warrior/Rogue

• Increased Frenzy Attack damage to 300% from 210%.
    • Changed Rage Crisis to have visible channeling bar.
    • Changed Keen Attack to have visible channeling bar.

Thank you for the quick response and I'm looking forward to the new patch.:):thumbup:

• Chào Dev !!!

Warrior

• Changed 1-H Weapon Mastery damage gain to 82%.
    • Changed 2-H Weapon Mastery damage gain to 76.5%

Warrior/Rogue

• Increased Frenzy Attack damage to 300% from 210%.
    • Changed Rage Crisis to have visible channeling bar.
    • Changed Keen Attack to have visible channeling bar.

Thank you for the quick response and I'm looking forward to the new patch.:):thumbup:

so my class W/Wl ... where's change ?
    very much skill with this class,but almost very weak. not see abalance this class. hope Dev can change something for this class. Thanks !!!

• This is actually pretty cool, I think I see some similarities to my concept (LINK) but also some differences, but that doesn't matter, since you really brought us a magical tank with this! <3

I think, overall this class should be a ton of fun to play, I definitely gonna test this out and maybe play it. But I still miss some decent things which should matter a lot I guess.

1) How should one be able to actually "tank" without plate armor? With just a shield, you need to build a very specific gear (cloth with defensive stats) for this, that can't be used for any other class (maybe K/M), which isn't worth it to me.

2) "Heresy" changes Holy Strike, so it looses aggro multipliers?

3) "Dark Knight" should also enable to use plate armor additionally and somehow transform physical crit into magical (and physical attack into magical).

4) "Hatred" with 12s duration and 30s cd seems a bit situative, maybe the duration could match the cooldown, like the knight's Hatred skill, so that it can be used more often, for a constant aggro rate.

5) "Dreadful Sleep" seems to be the only AoE aggro skill, which sounds pretty good as it is, but cd is way too high for using it more than only once in a pull. Also 100 range isn't that much, maybe you could add another smaller AoE aggro skill with a lower cooldown additionally? There are only 3 active skills, rest are passives, maybe some effects could be combines to get another slot for such a thing?

• Warrior/Champion:

In this class, the above problem with the outgoing skills occurs despite high attack speed and the critical hit probability that depends on it. For this purpose, my idea would be to change the "Rachelhieb" easily. The Damageboost does not start until the target is below 10%. But in 90% of all cases you have the problem that either 10% will be bursted in 0.5 seconds or the skill is not even ready at this time. For example, with the 2nd Boss in Rofl, this is completely useless because it disappears at 25% and the adds come. You could start the Damageboost at 30% and thus have the chance to use this skill at least 2 times in the burst phases if they take so long. What also struck me is that despite full attackspeed, fewer hits come out, as if you attack more slowly, for example in offburst. The damage numbers are logically much higher, but if the frequency of the skills is so slow, it would be better if you adjusted this so that attack speed skills trigger faster and the hits stay high.

Personally I had the feeling that warrior/champ is the strongest warrior :O

• Hey guys!

I actually don't really understand why would you nerf Warden that hard...

Since months I keep looking on the patchnotes, and I'm just seeing Warden get nerfed, a class gets nerfed who not EVEN can keep with any other damage making class.

I just can't see the reason why nerf a class wich can not even barely hold to ANY damage dealing class.

Please do me the favor and overthink this situation with the warden's.

I would be very happy if I could play warden in a instance where i would knowing it's balanced good to other classes.

Don't think im ungratefull please, my english just bad XD

with very friendly regards.

Allegria aka Dönermann :)

• Warrior/Champion:

In this class, the above problem with the outgoing skills occurs despite high attack speed and the critical hit probability that depends on it. For this purpose, my idea would be to change the "Rachelhieb" easily. The Damageboost does not start until the target is below 10%. But in 90% of all cases you have the problem that either 10% will be bursted in 0.5 seconds or the skill is not even ready at this time. For example, with the 2nd Boss in Rofl, this is completely useless because it disappears at 25% and the adds come. You could start the Damageboost at 30% and thus have the chance to use this skill at least 2 times in the burst phases if they take so long. What also struck me is that despite full attackspeed, fewer hits come out, as if you attack more slowly, for example in offburst. The damage numbers are logically much higher, but if the frequency of the skills is so slow, it would be better if you adjusted this so that attack speed skills trigger faster and the hits stay high.

Personally I had the feeling that warrior/champ is the strongest warrior :O

Indeed. But if the current state of Rogues is the new benchmark, still not strong enough.

/Wl (yes, even with the upcoming changes), /D & /S are still borderline useless in the current meta, so changes to them would be appreciated. /P is the worst of them all, but I think (?) the class is intended to be a support and not dps class anyhow.

• So developers can create class which need special gear to tank and after half year can totally change required gear?

I created the best (in my mind) tank gear for r/k, that is 3xsta/sta + 3xsta/dex, after half year Byte change this and support said me "we don't help you with your crap gear, that was irracional decision"?

That's why I never build a gear that only matches one single class ^^ You should have mixed tank gear with your dps gear, the result should be equal I guess. But I don't think, the new WlK can effectively be played with cloth gear no matter how statted, but we will see.

• Regarding Champion.

/Druid: As already suggested, please consider changing Knowledge of Destruction to benefit the caster as well. This way, the caster would get 24 -15 = 9% increased damage dealt and it wouldn't feel so abysmal to play the class as a dps/support hybrid.

/Priest: I don't know if the class is intended to be a tank, but since it has several skills that hint at a partial dps identity I suggest to increase the patk increment of Way of Frenzy from 8 to 15% and to change the entirely useless Reviving Blast (neither used as dps or tank) into something useful.

/Warden: Substantially lacks damage and Rage sustain to compete in the current meta. I suggest changing Shock Overload to work with Axes.

/Warrior: Currently a tank combination that nobody uses and will use, since it offers no group utility, is less tanky than /K and is excruciatingly painful to play, because all abilities except for Rune Pulse (which requires a proc) cost Rage.

Since Champion already has a combination exclusively dedicated to tanking (/K) and all other combinations, with the exception of /Wl, offer at least some tanking capabilities as well (most prominently /M & /P), I suggest changing /W accordingly. This way the class could see play.

• So developers can create class which need special gear to tank and after half year can totally change required gear?

I created the best (in my mind) tank gear for r/k, that is 3xsta/sta + 3xsta/dex, after half year Byte change this and support said me "we don't help you with your crap gear, that was irracional decision"?

That's why I never build a gear that only matches one single class ^^ You should have mixed tank gear with your dps gear, the result should be equal I guess. But I don't think, the new WlK can effectively be played with cloth gear no matter how statted, but we will see.

Well what i knew, r/k was unchanged for like waaaay too much time to expect that specific eq that this class combo need would even change that drastically. And fact that you create equipment stated for only one thing isn't something new (hello mister m/w and your buffgear).

• "You should have mixed tank gear with your dps gear"

How can i mixed dps gear with tank gear on class which cant use plate? :D

Maybe by using jewelry, cape and wings of your full tank. Thats 7 pieces which should compensate your 7 lether pieces I think.

That is true, but i didnt have tank jewelry and i created tank jewelry, wings, dagger with 3xsta/sta and 3xsta/dex because that was much better like 5xsta/sta + sta/deff, and that wasn't enough to tank.

• But I don't think, the new WlK can effectively be played with cloth gear no matter how statted, but we will see.

That is already possible with some mdps classes, k/m, d/wl, wd/d, even w/m and m/ch in some situations. Although 100% def is a bit low, wd/d have 120% and is not enough on some places.

Biggest issue I see on wl/ch is, no psi recovery on any skill (maybe dark strike to do it?). Also as people said, skill giving aggro should be always on, not 30% of the time. And aoe channeling well, hope stuns don't stop this. Another thing, I dont see many skills with aggro modifier (aoes or single) so without that class will most likely have aggro problems.

• "Dark Knight" should also enable to use plate armor additionally and somehow transform physical crit into magical (and physical attack into magical).

If you want a magical tank, it should use cloth armor. If you are going to play it with plate, just play any other existing class that tanks in plate armor... :rolleyes:

Also you have a bunch of AoE skills as warlock, as long as the class has enough (dark) dmg and aggro buffs your (AoE-) skills do not necessarily need their own aggromulti.

I somehow doubt that the wl/k is designed to be a full-on tank, but more as a situational/off- tank with decent (defensive) support and some dmg dealing potential. However as it is now, I cannot think of situations where it will be viable and able to keep up with other classes that can do a similar job, despite having very interesiting skills.

In any case this class needs some further clarification (explanation) what its function is supposed to be.

Dark Knight

Enhances Enhanced Shield to provide 100% physical defense instead.

-- What skill is this reffering to?!

If you mean Enhanced Armor, this class will have a massive lack in defense compared to other tanks, as for example plate armor provides about double the pdef of cloth, so increasing the pdef by just ~30% compared to plate users is not really enough to even tank stuff temporarily while in (regular) cloth gear.

In my opinion this class should be playable in mdps cloth gear and in case someone builds extra gear for it, it should be able to do a similar job as other tanks, similar to how k/m works, which also depends on "Holy Light Domain".

Hatred

Increases your aggro by 186% for 12 seconds. Cooldown: 30 seconds

-- In case this class is supposed to wear cloth armor, you will also need to compensate for the >85% aggro decrease from current armor(sets). This skill combined with Darkbringer will hardly be enough. You also have no taunt as wl/k, which would be very useful as an offtank.

Denial of Death

Reduces cooldown of Life Weave to 3 minutes and removes its Psi cost.

-- As you have to enter Willpower Construct anyway to use this skill, you still require Psi to use it. So I would suggest to remove the Willpower Construct requirement additionally.

Furthermore this class will have some issues building Psi in the first place, as I guess besides AoEs you mainly will spam Dark Strike (especially if this will have increased aggro) while tanking and relying on casts with a base speed of 3sec to get Psi is very impractical in such situations. Maybe allow critical Dark Strikes to give Psi.

At this point I also want to mention, that Locked Heart and Mind Barrier are very strong skills, but combined with the Psi issues of this class, they will not be as conveniend to use as other (tank) classes defensive skills. So either solve the Psi issues, or reduce these skills cost on this class to 2 Psi (NOT 1!) or increase the duration of Locked Heart and allow using skills but decrease the dmg reduce a little. This should compensate for the squishy cloth dps gear.

I love Dreadful Sleep btw, it is a great skill, only the CD seems a little too high. 40-50sec should be fine, 30sec however would be too low.

As this post is about the defensive side of Warlocks, I also want to metion that the skills "Shield of Solid Mind" and "Saces' Embrace" still use the "old Healing Bonus", which is half of your current mdmg. Please adjust their tooltips to clarify this or change their functionality, but in their current state they are quite misleading.

Cheers!:thumbup:

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• Heyho,

Just wanted to say something about the latest planned changes for mage^^

Mage:

"Increased Thunderstorm damage decrement for each target to 24%, decreased its cooldown time to 10 seconds."

24% is... huge i guess. But 10s cd is nice. But most of the time you dont need the extra hit because you won't use it twice in the same trashgroup.

Mage/Champion:

"Disabled travel distance delay duration for Voltage Seize."

It was a nice spammable but i like the idea of changes that were mentioned before in this thread^^

"Changed Electric Current Arc to reduce cast time of Plasma Arrow to 1 seconds and increase its damage from 2032 to 3600."

Very nice change in my eyes. The 1s cast time would be very nice for every mage comb. Not only the /ch has the issue to not cast a Plasma arrow in trash^^

And damage wise it's not viable on any class except the /ch i guess

Mage/Warlock

"Increased Soul Pain damage over time to 4260 from 1168."

A good buff for the constant dmg on bosses i guess^^ nice dot

And btw i like the idea madoxx mentioned about removing the cd of forgotten black magic to not only spam this in trash sometimes because the mobs die too fast

Mage/Scout

"Changed Shot to have cooldown based off of your ranged weapon, increased its damage to 1989 from 1842."

Sad i made my cbow yesterday xD -> no spammable shot anymore (no magical bow)

Now the /scout have to use more skills for the trash :D

Also referring to madoxx's post-->

Increased Elemental Catalysis damage gain to 72% from 48%.

Big buff - nice for burst. Especially for a class thats using Flame

Mage/Rogue

"Reduced Purgatory Darkness damage to 2666 from 2898."

Straight up nerf for his own aoe spell

Mage/Warrior

"Reduced Meditative Current trigger cooldown time to 10 seconds."

Removing the cd would be kinda strong because of the perma 52% cast speed^^

Reducing the cd pushes his constant boss dmg^^ but 0 in burst (if this was intended)

Flame with a 3s cast is easily pushed to a 0,5s cast.

Mage/Knight

"Increased Stars of Light damage to 1976 from 1704."

Straight up buff for the aoe dps. Nice change

If i said something wrong or if someone has a different opinion please correct me i'm open for feedback^^

Greetings

• Changed The Final Battle to The Last Duel; Channels on target for 3 seconds to inflict 1200% damage 6 times, while doing so, will force target to focus on you, however your duel mastery will let you parry off each attack they try, increased cooldown to 20 seconds. Each critical hit made during channel will reduce cooldown of this skill by 3 seconds.

This sounds very interesting, high risk high reward. I like it.

• Regarding Warlock/Warden:

Please consider also modifiing" "Power of the Wood Spirits". Since this class is , at least from the way the skills are described, supposed to be able to tank while under the effect of "willpower construct", I think it'll lack seriously aoe aggro skills. Sure, you have "Harmful Whisper" but since this is a chanel you won't be able to move, which can be quite bad.

Also on all other wardens "Charged Chop" and "power of the wood Spirit" are "related". They share the same cooldown, one is single target, the other is aoe, both generate aggro. So I think "Devastating Chop" should change BOTH skills and should give "Power of the Wood Spirit" an aggro multiplyer while under the effect of "Willpower Construct".

Greetings.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• i dont sayed much there but realy M/S was not even close to be the best mage sec combo this a way too much

Mage/Scout

• Changed Shot to have cooldown based off of your ranged weapon, increased its damage to 1989 from 1842.
  • Changed Poisonous Widow Embrace to return 1 Nature’s Power for each critical hit skill inflict, reduced energy cost to 20, added 1 second of cast time, removed global cooldown trigger

With full nature points this pretty much hits like a 3s cast skill. Is a good idea that we need to manage our energy as sustain since has really low cast but for burst, we need to spam it. Focus of mother nature prevent us to lose nature points, it should also remove energy consumption while is active or our single burst will be nonexistent.

Increased Necrotic Wound damage to 4200 from 2100

Is doing really low dmg. I think cd should be reduced to 2s so we can use it between sandstorms. This class doesn't have 20 nature points or a skill to recover 10 instantly like dwl so we need extra aoe somewhere (the dot is a bad joke so I'm not even counting it). Also I hope it doesn't have gcd because corrosive poison still had it last time I checked, idk if is fixed.

• That is already possible with some mdps classes, k/m, d/wl, wd/d, even w/m and m/ch in some situations. Although 100% def is a bit low, wd/d have 120% and is not enough on some places.

You should show me once how a d/wl can tank rofl. I tried this yesterday and got onehit by birds and b1 side-bosses with more than 400k hp and almost 1kk def. Maybe one should stat the entire gear on sta/sta - I used 7 tank pieces and 7 cloth mdps, but that's not the way for me.

This is the beginning of b1 fight, which wasn't possible by far as d/wl. Maybe with more than 2kk def and 1kk hp, but then I need some stats and gear I haven't seen yet :D

https://gyazo.com/45b699eb32c872914586771f6eb2eb34

• Another thing about SCh vs. SWl:

Yesterday I ran inferno with my SWl (t14 staff, t12 magical xbow, golden gear t11/12) and we had a SCh in party (t6 gun, red rofl gear, t7 I think it was) and our dmg overall was quite equal, even burst was more or less equal. So I think, the SCh is waaaaaay too strong atm. I have no comparison from rofl so far, but a class with an untiered weapon and much worse gear shouldn't deal the same damage like my SWl I guess.

So I think, the current planned nerf for SCh is too less, or the SWl isn't as good as I thought... I mean, either the SCh is overpowered as hell, or SWl is weak... or at least feels like this.