Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• Heyo,

So that there are SetSkill´s coming for Golden Rofl Jewelry , is there any Plans to implement similar SetSkills for Gorge / Inferno ? Would be awesome :)

Greetings

If you identify a UFO as a UFO , then it becomes an FO. Unless it has landed , then it is simply an -> O

• Rogue/Warrior

• Decreased Toxic Splash damage over time by 20%.

Rogue/Druid

• Decreased Poison Shroud damage over time by 20%.

I don´t understand why these nerfs should be necessary. Both combinations are placed in the middle of the DDs. There are other rogue combinations that are stronger through and through. Based on what data are these changes decided? Because I personally see very few /warriors and /druids in random runs. And if they run along, they are not at the top of the scruti or too strong.

Please reconsider.

Kind regards

Edit:

Rogue/Warrior

• Increased Shadowstab, Low Blow, Wound Attack, Poisonous Infection, Death’s Touch, Decay base damage by 12%.

Rogue/Druid

• Increased Slaughter Blessing duration to 30 seconds.
    • Increased Hysteric Vengeance physical attack gain to 16%.

Rogue/Druid sounds good to me and Rogue/Warrior could be a bit too much. I will test it and give feedback :)

Thanks

• Rogue/Warrior

Rogue/Druid

I don´t understand why these nerfs should be necessary. Both combinations are placed in the middle of the DDs. There are other rogue combinations that are stronger through and through. Based on what data are these changes decided? Because I personally see very few /warriors and /druids in random runs. And if they run along, they are not at the top of the scruti or too strong.

Please reconsider.

Kind regards

It is true

Many people will be happy to see Increased 10% :)

• Druid/Warlock

Changed Toxic Possession to additionally transform Wisdom into Intelligence

I hope you considered the fact that you loose almost all of your magical accurency with this. Because without accurency I'm afraid almost every cast will be resited.

Greetings.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• Official Post

Wisdom loss will not affect magical accuracy in noticeable amounts for this buff.

Greetings

• Druid/Warlock.

Focused in Nature (1490626) doesn't give you Nature's Power while you're magical immune. It will consume the 50 focus but won't give you the 10 points of Nature's Power.

Edit: The skill of Aoth's Nature Cape doesn't work either.

Greetings.

Edited once, last by Laisha ().

• There are only few healing class that are worth to play on and it would be nice to change it instead of focusing on dps classes. I have some suggestions to make more priests and druids class combos worth to play on.

Priest

Soul source - Revive all raid members in 150 radius from the caster. Cooldown 30min.

or Soul source - The HP of all raid members in radius 200 from the caster is fully restored. Doesn't consume any MP. Cooldown 30s or 1min.

Wave armor - Change 2k damage shield to 35% of target's max hp shield.

Chain of Light - increase range to 180-200. (Keep small range for Priest/Warrior to keep him melee dd)

Increase radius of Magic Barrier, Blessed Springwater, Grace of Life and Amplified Attack to 250 or 300.

(just make oldschool skills to be useful)

Priest/Scout

Area of Light Chain - When Chain of Light hits, it recovers 10% MP every second of all raid members within an area of 100. Cooldown 30s.

or Area of Light Chain - When Chain of Light hits, it recovers HP of all raid members within an area of 100. Cooldown 10s.

Priest/Druid

Mana Retention - Recovers 10-15% MP every 2 seconds for 10 seconds. Increase radius to 150.

Holy Swipe - Unleashes a holy power, knocking down the target for 5 seconds.

Priest/Mage

Freeze - Frost stun enemies in the circle of 60 radius for 5-10 seconds. (Effect isn't removed when target receives damage). Cooldown 30s.

Angel's Blessing - The Angel's Blessing grants your party restoration of additional 5-10% MP every 5 seconds. Lasts 900.0 seconds.

Remove Curse -> Perfection of Group Heal - Group Heal recovers 450.0 HP for all raid members in a radius of 200. Reduce cast time by 0,5s. Add 5-6s cooldown. (Halved healing).

Angel's Carol - Angels appear among the group and all party members regenerate 15% MP every 2 seconds. Lasts 10 seconds. Radius 200.

Lightning Rod -> Circle of Holy Fire - Create circle of holy fire that heals all raid members in the circle every second for 10s. Cooldown 10s and it heals similar amount of healing as Rain of Light. Cast time 1s. Circle radius 80 and range 200.

Enlightenment - Wisdom also increase wisdom (max 10,4%).

Element Defense -> Force Field - Create circle (which looks like barrier) that reduce raid members damage received by 30-40% for 15s. Cooldown 1,5min. Cast time 2s. Circle radius 80.

Priest/Knight

Last Prayer - Protects one friendly target from one fatal blow for 15min. After fatal blow restores all HP. Cooldown 15min.

Divine Incarnation - Increases effectiveness of heals by 15% instead of 10%. (Rest is the same).

Calm Heart - all raid members in radius of 120 from the caster are invulnerable to fear for 10s. Cooldown 1min.

Sacrifical Cure - Sacrifice your own life energy to restore all raid members HP by 100.0%.

Holy Power - Heals all raid members in radius of 180. Cooldown 6s. (Amount of healing is similar to Mother Earth's Fountain).

Priest/Warlock

Spirit Embodiment - Halved cooldown.

Holy Salvation Candle - makes friendly target invulnerable to all damage for 5 seconds. Range 180. Cooldown 2min.

Priest/Champion

Infused Light Chain - Every hit restore an extra 15 points of rage and 10% MP.

Healing Diamond Light - Converts 7% MP to Diamond Light every second while in effect. Also recovers 471.8 + 0.8 x WIS HP for all party members around you in a range of 200.

Light Connection - Creates a shield on all raid members in radius of 180 from the caster that reduces damage taken by 37% and increases the caster's Movement Speed by 20.6%.

Priest/Rogue as mdd

Purge - AoE damage skill.

Lure of the Snake Woman - Stun enemies in front of you for 5 seconds.

Shadow Fury - Poison or dark damage passive buff.

Toxic Feedback - Matt passive buff.

Snake Curse - Marks target to receive 15% more damage from you.

Black Source Resonance - Makes Rising Tide, Holy Void and Chain of Life to deal additional dark or poison damage.

Snake Spirit - increase matt and mdamage for 30s.

Set skills

Water Element of Rebirth - Summons a Holy Water Elemental to assist you for 900 seconds.

Divine Shield - Damage taken by party members within a range of 150 is reduced by 80%. Players who leave this area do not benefit.

Druid

Focus of Mother Nature - Increase heals by 15% also.

Druid/Scout

Group Exorcism - Requires 1 point of Nature's Power. Removes harmful effects from multiple friendly targets within a range of 80.

Mother Earth's Blessing - Increases your Healing by 15.4% for 30 seconds. Cooldown 1,5min.

Camellia Flower - Causes your target to recover 264.6 HP. Can be stacked 3 times and lasts 10 seconds. increase radius to 180.

Warm Spring - Raid members within a range of 200 recover 10% MP every 2 seconds for 20 seconds.

Druid/Warden

Spirit of Life - Summons a Spirit of Life brimming with the energy of the earth. It heals 1660 (<- it should be scaled with caster's attributes and healing power) + 10.4% HP to all friendly targets within a range of 150 every 4 seconds.
    The Spirit of Life lasts for 30 seconds. Cooldown 1,5min.

Gift Pulse - Consumes all Power of Nature and heals nearby party members. Every point of power of nature that is consumed heals 10% HP. The maximum amount of healing is 100%. Increase radius to 180.

Druid/Mage
    Spring of Blessings - Increase radius to 200.

Shield of Light - Baths all friendly targets within a range of 60 in a shield of light that can absorb 30,8% HP damage for 60 seconds. (Effect cannot be used in conjunction with Wave Armor).

Inspiration - Buff that reduce the casting time of your spells to less than 1 second. Last's 30s. Cooldown 2min.

Quick Help - Recover heals 20% more to the targets below 40% HP.

Sounds of Season - Continously heals all raid members every second in radius of 200 for 5 seconds. Cooldown 15s. Cost 5% MP for every second of healing. Can be interrupted by moving.

Inspiration Display - Enhances your Earth Arrow to scorch your enemies. Enemies receive 10% more damage from fire for 20s.

Set skills

Return of Life - Increases received healing of all friendly targets within a radius of 150 by 10% for 30 seconds.

(This effect cannot be in effect at the same time as Lunar Halo.)

Lava Effect - Makes your target no longer be afraid, removing any fear effects on it and makes him ressist to fear for 10 seconds.

It's only my suggestions i hope you apply most of them. Thanks!

• Can you improve the "plate" class ?

Im very happy that the healers now do dps, but dont forget the "Plate Class" like the knight, give it more utility than just receiving hits.

Use the Hp or Stamina to transform it into physical or magic attack or maybe wisdom.

Its would be nice to have a plate gear and use it as a healer or dps

• Can you improve the "plate" class ?

Im very happy that the healers now do dps, but dont forget the "Plate Class" like the knight, give it more utility than just receiving hits.

Use the Hp or Stamina to transform it into physical or magic attack or maybe wisdom.

Its would be nice to have a plate gear and use it as a healer or dps

Please not. If it comes that you don't need dps gear for dps classes or tank gear for playing tank, the game would probably break its core. Many of us got more than one or two gears, some even more than 2 gold gears, which would be useless if one gear could do everything, heal, tank and dps. I'm still and always against mixing up gears and roles. A tank should only use heavy armor (plate), a healer light (cloth) and dps everything except plate and heal cloth.

The current progress of the champion class already feels bad for a tank, since with the right sec class you are able to dps, tank, support and even heal a good amount. Already now you could build a raid out of only champs, who could do like everything. (no hate) ;)

• Hi All!

what is the point of class balancing, when there is no balancing at all? Currently Warden is a highly OP class and makes about 2 times more damage than other classes with same equipment level. Even the Priest/Warrior with the old fairy could not even get near the dmg. Now after patch, Warden got new OP set setskill and other classes (especially Priest/Warrrior) got changed in a way that you even cannot play it anymore.

Dev's please keep an eye on balancing and maybe test your changes before they get applied with same equipment level, etc..

thanks!

• Trust me that wardens does not 2 times more damage than any other class. I for myself can say that the best scout class is at the same level like the best warden. The same goes for rogue. Rogue classes need to bei tested with latest patch, maybe a bit to strong like snickars said

• I play all chain classes and I disagree on all points you've made.

First off, every class (maybe with the exception of Warlock, we'll see after this patch) has at least one class combination that can hold its ground against current top dps.

Moreover, P/W even without Fairy did very good damage that could compete with all other classes. The bug was just broken and I'm happy they've fixed it. Not to mention that P/W has superb supporting capabilities.

• Mage/Priest

Changed Tide Mastery to modify Rising Tide even more, removes its cooldown time, adds 2 seconds of cast time and increases its increased damage by 36%.

Although I personally don't like this change since you a) loose a spammable skill to use inbetween your casts and b) you only use this skill , from what I can see while briefly looking at it, if your cast speed is not yet high enough to cast "Tide Burst" which is, at least for me, a rare case because I either have enough cast speed to cast Tide Burst or have so little that neither skill makes sense. Otherwise I see no reason to use this skill because it's quite a bit weaker than Tide Burst. If you want to keep this skill that way I suggest that you let Wave Essence also increase the Eruption chance of "Rising Tide" which would make at least a bit more appealing to use.

Greetings.

Edited once, last by Laisha ().

• Hi!

why can a warden spam "Power of the Wood Spirit" without dmg reduction per target? All other classes with AOE cannot even Spam AOEs and have DMG reduction per target.

According to the class balancing "theorie" this should be changed. Either by making other classes also AOEs spammable with 6 target limitation and no dmg reduction per target or change "Power of the Wood Spirit" to hit all targets with dmg reduction of each target.

thanks.

• Power of the Wood Spirit already has a decrement per additional enemy hit.

Please take the time to test before commenting.

Thanks.

• Im not asking that the plate tank be the "best dps or healer". I only make a suggestion to make a gear (plate gear) more usefull, like all the others classes. There are other games where this works, just have to know how to implement well. I understand thay you are against mixing up gears and roles, but they wont go back and erase everything, but if we continue along this path, there will be forgotten class like Plate tank, wheres it is not necessary to use it, because you have other more useful combinations, like chain gear class or leather gear class

• Im not asking that the plate tank be the "best dps or healer". I only make a suggestion to make a gear (plate gear) more usefull, like all the others classes. There are other games where this works, just have to know how to implement well.

Plate tanks are alredy quite useful, except you play some of those selfish plate classes without any raid support. But classes like K/W, K/Ch, K/P and many more are highly useful already. Champion or Warden tanks were designed not to have that much support but some more damage instead (but the champ thing is a topic on it's own).

I understand thay you are against mixing up gears and roles, but they wont go back and erase everything, but if we continue along this path, there will be forgotten class like Plate tank, wheres it is not necessary to use it, because you have other more useful combinations, like chain gear class or leather gear class

Yes, that's the point. But champ is already way too "strong" since it can even tank in chain and do all the stuff else (I mentioned in my tiny post about the problem with mixing roles with gear types). But I think they could still step back from this issue. It's not too late to cut the class in tanking utility, so it can only do with the knight secondary class. Then ppl could still decide wether to tank or to play dps. Just through the process we got a "real" champ tank, that is meant to be used as a tank, why not to change dps related champion classes to the matter they used to be?

• I love seeing actual feedback on healers from another person here and I like most of the ideas, however some seem to be a little too much.

Soul source - Revive all raid members in 150 radius from the caster. Cooldown 30min.

or Soul source - The HP of all raid members in radius 200 from the caster is fully restored. Doesn't consume any MP. Cooldown 30s or 1min.

Please do not allow mass-ressing, thats gamebreaking regardless of any CD. Increasing the range is a good idea, but if you do, please do not reduce the CD below 3min.

Wave armor - Change 2k damage shield to 35% of target's max hp shield.

I wouldnt go as high as 35%, but giving a shield as a % of targets HP would be great.

Increase radius of Magic Barrier, Blessed Springwater, Grace of Life and Amplified Attack to 250 or 300.

(just make oldschool skills to be useful)

YES PLEASE! 180 would be fine, though. Changing these skills to raid-buffs was about making life easier for lazy ppl, but its no good if you have to buff multipe times and move around because someone is too far away. At least make them all the same range.

Priest/Scout

I would like to see this combination more oriented towards being a mpds.

Mana Retention - Recovers 10-15% MP every 2 seconds for 10 seconds. Increase radius to 150.

There are multiple proposals to change MP recovery to %ual, I dont know what is better or worse.

What I do know is making MP recovery too strong and too common would effectively remove mana being a manageable ressource from the game along with the need for mana potions. So please be careful.

Holy Swipe - Unleashes a holy power, knocking down the target for 5 seconds.

I would say 2-3 seconds would do fine, just 1 however is a little low indeed.

Freeze - Frost stun enemies in the circle of 60 radius for 5-10 seconds. (Effect isn't removed when target receives damage). Cooldown 30s.

Dont make this an AoE. Allowing targets to receive dmg without losing the effect would be buffed enough, maybe add a CD of 5-8 sec to not be able to spam it too much.

Remove Curse -> Perfection of Group Heal - Group Heal recovers 450.0 HP for all raid members in a radius of 200. Reduce cast time by 0,5s. Add 5-6s cooldown. (Halved healing).

I like the skill as it is without changing it. Also allowing Group Heal to affect the entire raid should be for all priests, not only one and would require a drastic decrease in healed amount or a drastic increase in dmg taken by the raid.

Lightning Rod -> Circle of Holy Fire - Create circle of holy fire that heals all raid members in the circle every second for 10s. Cooldown 10s and it heals similar amount of healing as Rain of Light. Cast time 1s. Circle radius 80 and range 200.

I like the mechanic as it is now, being a dmg-support, however it should be 5-10% more dmg taken by said types, not just those few points as it currently is.

Element Defense -> Force Field - Create circle (which looks like barrier) that reduce raid members damage received by 30-40% for 15s. Cooldown 1,5min. Cast time 2s. Circle radius 80.

waaaaay too much dmg reduce for current gameplay. having 9% permanently on your party is good enough imo.

Last Prayer - Protects one friendly target from one fatal blow for 15min. After fatal blow restores all HP. Cooldown 15min.

This skill needs a rework with all the base casting speed we nowadays have and I like the suggestion very much, but I would restore max. 50% HP or set the CD to 30min.

Divine Incarnation - Increases effectiveness of heals by 15% instead of 10%. (Rest is the same).

I dont think any healer needs any more healing increased at the moment, might change in the future though, so this could be a viable idea then.

Calm Heart - all raid members in radius of 120 from the caster are invulnerable to fear for 10s. Cooldown 1min.

I dont know. On the one hand, everyone now can have a 20sec antifear for their own, on the other hand giving fear immunity 1/6 of the time to everyone seems a bit too strong as well...maybe keep the skill single targeted but make the fear backfire to its source.

Sacrifical Cure - Sacrifice your own life energy to restore all raid members HP by 100.0%.

I like the skill as it is being single target, but maybe decrease its CD to 1,5-2min.

Holy Power - Heals all raid members in radius of 180. Cooldown 6s. (Amount of healing is similar to Mother Earth's Fountain).

Just. Please. No. p/k always was a single-target healing machine, one of the best heals to take care of a tank in any situation, please keep it that way.

One further note to p/k "Grace if Life": As Grace of Life generally is a raidbuff now and we have multiple source of MP-regen and tons of mana overall unless someone has %ual manacosts, a simple 10% increase seems outdated. Changing the additional function to a 5-10% decrease in mana costs would work, maybe maybe even for all ressources, in this case 5% tops.

Spirit Embodiment - Halved cooldown.

CD is fine as it is, we dont need a raid-godmode 33% of the time. This is a good example of knowing which skill to use when.

Holy Salvation Candle - makes friendly target invulnerable to all damage for 5 seconds. Range 180. Cooldown 2min.

3 seconds is all you need here imo.

Infused Light Chain - Every hit restore an extra 15 points of rage and 10% MP.

10 Rage should be enough. 10% mana however will be too much considering how strong Healing Diamond Light is. There also are enough different ways to regen mana.

Healing Diamond Light - Converts 7% MP to Diamond Light every second while in effect. Also recovers 471.8 + 0.8 x WIS HP for all party members around you in a range of 200.

I think 120 range are fine, 150 range tops, as you can freely move around.

Light Connection - Creates a shield on all raid members in radius of 180 from the caster that reduces damage taken by 37% and increases the caster's Movement Speed by 20.6%.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy to much dmg reduce for the raid for 40% uptime. make it max. 15% IF you want to change it to a raidbuff.

Priest/Rogue as mdd

I would like to see this class as a proper mdps as well, although I have no real suggestions here. I let the mpds players comment on that :D

Water Element of Rebirth - Summons a Holy Water Elemental to assist you for 900 seconds.

Would be nice, I think 600 seconds would already do fine.

Divine Shield - Damage taken by party members within a range of 150 is reduced by 80%. Players who leave this area do not benefit.

This would be a start, this skill desperately needs a buff, as I already mentioned. Main WL and Knight have way stronger skills. Changing this skill with 150 range to a raid buff might also work.

Focus of Mother Nature - Increase heals by 15% also.

Absolutly no need for that atm.

Spirit of Life - Summons a Spirit of Life brimming with the energy of the earth. It heals 1660 (<- it should be scaled with caster's attributes and healing power) + 10.4% HP to all friendly targets within a range of 150 every 4 seconds.
    The Spirit of Life lasts for 30 seconds. Cooldown 1,5min.

20 seconds and 2min would be fine imo. a change from 40sec would be great, as a raid rarely stays at the same location for 40sec while needing to be healed.

Group Exorcism - Requires 1 point of Nature's Power. Removes harmful effects from multiple friendly targets within a range of 80.

Range is fine as it is atm imo.

Mother Earth's Blessing - Increases your Healing by 15.4% for 30 seconds. Cooldown 1,5min.

No need for that imo. 30sec with 2min cd at most.

Shield of Light - Baths all friendly targets within a range of 60 in a shield of light that can absorb 30,8% HP damage for 60 seconds. (Effect cannot be used in conjunction with Wave Armor).

If the limitation of 3 targets is removed, it shouldnt be more than 15,4%.

Inspiration - Buff that reduce the casting time of your spells to less than 1 second. Last's 30s. Cooldown 2min.

I like to remove of the fireball requirement and allowing more than 1 skill, but 25% uptime for that is way to much, as this drasticly increases a druids healing output.

Quick Help - Recover heals 20% more to the targets below 40% HP.

I would like to keep the skill as it was, maybe allow raid members within 60-100 range to also restore mp+lp.

Sounds of Season - Continously heals all raid members every second in radius of 200 for 5 seconds. Cooldown 15s. Cost 5% MP for every second of healing. Can be interrupted by moving.

Just keep it as it currently is. its great skill.

Inspiration Display - Enhances your Earth Arrow to scorch your enemies. Enemies receive 10% more damage from fire for 20s.

I love this idea, would suggest only 10s though. anyway this aligns perfectly with the rest of this class.

Return of Life - Increases received healing of all friendly targets within a radius of 150 by 10% for 30 seconds.

(This effect cannot be in effect at the same time as Lunar Halo.)

Yes. please!

Lava Effect - Makes your target no longer be afraid, removing any fear effects on it and makes him ressist to fear for 10 seconds.

I have suggested this multiple times now, a change like this is looooooong overdue.

Thanks a lot mrugal82 for your detailed suggestions, I hope at least some of them find their way into the game.

Cheers!:thumbup:

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• @Mods: Maybe it's useful to split this entire thread into multiple ones for any main class or at least role? Maybe in a new sub-forum? Would make it more structured, I guess. There are a lot of suggestions getting lost in this flood of posts and suggestions. :!:

I wouldnt go as high as 35%, but giving a shield as a % of targets HP would be great.

I'm not a healer, but I think I got an idea for this. Maybe it could scale on the caster's attributes or heal bonus and grant up to a maximum of like 20% of the target's HP. Just like the new M/Wl debuff works atm.

This sounds more like a warlock support mechanic than a healer one's.

There are multiple proposals to change MP recovery to %ual, I dont know what is better or worse.

What I do know is making MP recovery too strong and too common would effectively remove mana being a manageable ressource from the game along with the need for mana potions. So please be careful.

Why not increasing mana regeneration by %, that could support as well, and maybe additional to that focus- and/or energy regeneration :/

• I'm not a healer, but I think I got an idea for this. Maybe it could scale on the caster's attributes or heal bonus and grant up to a maximum of like 20% of the target's HP. Just like the new M/Wl debuff works atm.

Yeah sound great, however the scaling of those warlock skills is shit and would need a general improvement :D

Why not increasing mana regeneration by %, that could support as well, and maybe additional to that focus- and/or energy regeneration :/

Do you mean increasing the base mana-regeneration? that one is almost non existant during fights and would need increases of several 100%, so regenerating mana by a "fixed" amount that is based on healing or as a portion based on maxMP are the only viable options.

Overall I dont like ressource regeneating skills that much, as these often tend to have the effect that ressource management becomes irrelevent when players regenerate more reesources than they can spent. We already have several classes that never can exhaust their ressources.

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• Do you mean increasing the base mana-regeneration? that one is almost non existant during fights and would need increases of several 100%, so regenerating mana by a "fixed" amount that is based on healing or as a portion based on maxMP are the only viable options.

Well yea, you're right, natural regeneration isn't that useful here. However, maybe instead it could fill up ressources but only out of combat with a significantly increased cooldown. So it couldn't be used in a boss fight, but can replace annoying usage of pots in the trash. :/

• Warden/Druid

• Changed Power of the Oak to additionally affect Oak Walker, when Power of the Oak is active, your Oak Walker will use Sepal Stab for every damage you inflict with an offensive skill.

Give already the button to kill all.
      But in fact this change was redundant.

Fix - physical attack and physical damage gives an increase to a Oak Walker
  • Warrior/rogue
    This class needs a damage boost:

1) Remove the cast from the skill "blood dance" and reduce the cooldown.

2)reduce the cooldown "Rage crisis"

3)Remove the global cooldown from "trial lunge" and "open flank".

4) Change the skill "intense attack "" if successful, the application gives 15% attack speed and 10% physical damage"

5) Make his damage natural (wind element).