Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• I would say you do something wrong. The warden/warrior for example has very high single target dps, even before class balancing. You can hit a target twice per second ;)

• Hello

Warr/mage took away the magic attack and gave magic damage.The decision is wrong, it has become less damage to the bosses. No magic attack and no crit. Warr/mage can't break through the boss's defense. Return the attack or give the Berserker a 39.3% magic attack for 30 seconds.

• Hello

Warr/mage took away the magic attack and gave magic damage.The decision is wrong, it has become less damage to the bosses. No magic attack and no crit. Warr/mage can't break through the boss's defense. Return the attack or give the Berserker a 39.3% magic attack for 30 seconds.

From what I've heard and seen warmage is dealing more damage after the change compared to before, at least with good gear and m/wl support.

Your idea with adding a magical attack increment to berserk is decent though, I think it wouldn't hurt considering it.

• I would like to report what looks like a bug:

This is regarding champion class, specifically disassembly mode and pd it should provide with runecraft-fortify - it should give 58% extra pd at level 55, but it does not!

Here are some numbers just using champ/no secondary (will use my gear):

normal mode: 45.184 sta and 309.414 pd

disassembly mode: 36.200 sta and 375.374 pd;

loss of sta (since 20% of sta goes to str in this mode) is approx. 9k, which means loss of pd (1 sta = 2.3 pd) of 9k x 2.3 = 20.7k loss relative to original, thus before applying 58% multiplier - pd was ~289 k (from norm mode ~309) - applying 58% pd buff should have pd of approx. 457k. However - in reality I get only 375k, which is significantly less- only 23% increase instead of 58%! Could you please check.

I may be missing something but it looks like we are not getting the runecraft-fortify skill to work correctly with the disassembly mode.

Thank you.

• Hi, for me I like the idea to wear Chain on r/ch, I think you will not deal the same dmg like a player with leather gear who has dex too, but I think it will be fine with the new changes on r/ch. And now I want to talk about Warden 😉 I love that class but depence on other classes, his Single target dmg is a little bit to weak. I Liked to see Warden/Druid with pdd gear. But now he got patched and deals normal Warden/pdd dmg. I would share Warden need a little bit buffed too. Btw Ciron got Aggro reduce, Oak Walker need that too.
    Gratz Blaxx

you feel that warden is weak because our guild is a magical dps house, we are running with more than 2 mage buffer most of the time and never buffing physical classes with extra attack speed etc which is the way making warden strong i believe

classes using slow weapons are getting strong once you have high attack speed buffs unlike rogue, as rogue is always around cap so further buffs aren't helping which is sad

the world chico, and everything in it.

• Official Post

Thank you for reporting. I have made required checks and can confirm there is indeed a mistake which will be corrected along with next patch.

Greetings

• hey,

1) Charged Chop is bugged on r/wd, the skill is not hitting.

2) r/ch is still a rogue, I realy enjoyed playing this class with DAGGERS. Having to make 2H hammer (to be honest, dps of 1H hammers is too low, it should be upgraded in order to be used for r/ch) makes no sense. I hope u reconsider this.

Kind regards,

Chib

• I have to say I completely agree with the point regarding r/ch.

People are asking for it to receive the ability to wear chain, and then it already having the ability to wear a 2-H hammer.. this is simply not a rogue anymore.

and a rogue in my guild is rightfully so getting somewhat demotivated with these changes to rogue.. at the moment there is not a single combination where he as rogue, with better gear than I have for mage, can keep up with me.

And then hearing that the newest and possibly best rogue combi requires a 2-H hammer to reach it’s full potential... Yikes

Life is an enigma, and all we can do is our best to figure out what it means.

• at the moment there is not a single combination where he as rogue, with better gear than I have for mage, can keep up with me.

then he does something wrong, even r/ch with daggers is very strong. Varondil did a 400kk dps in trash with full leather gear and daggers. r/wl is still viable and deals alot of damage too. Even rogue/scout does enough dps to keep up.

• "Varondil did a 400kk dps in trash with full leather gear and daggers"

Dont get misslead by those numbers ,(nearly) every Aoe class can reach that dps in scruti with enough trash ^^

Edit: But yeah i aggree , Rouge with Chain gear and/or Hammers does not feel like a rouge

If you identify a UFO as a UFO , then it becomes an FO. Unless it has landed , then it is simply an -> O

Edited once, last by Cruvor ().

• at the moment there is not a single combination where he as rogue, with better gear than I have for mage, can keep up with me.

then he does something wrong, even r/ch with daggers is very strong. Varondil did a 400kk dps in trash with full leather gear and daggers. r/wl is still viable and deals alot of damage too. Even rogue/scout does enough dps to keep up.

first check patch notes, then comment on forum

Every time I post something I get the same argument back: "This person with full yellow gear and t17 weapons still does well with those classes"

It simply does not work that way, guys :) comparing your average player to someone geared like Varondil is simply not fair.

My guildie's rotation is correct, timing is on point, and I'm telling you that he cannot keep up with me right now while I have a weapon that's 2 tiers lower and he has slightly better gear in general.

Life is an enigma, and all we can do is our best to figure out what it means.

• I do like the change made to Aggressiveness very much, it solves a basic problem warriors had, especially regarding non /wardens, /rogues.

Moreover I'd suggest removing the 1handed weapon requirement for Thunder. Warriors exclusively (well, at least the physical ones) use 2handed weapons on Arcadia, hence the skill currently serves no purpose.

• Re Aggressiveness skill for warriors:

I think they way it is implemented is an excellent step to the right direction, thank you! warrior now will have less issues with rage which always hindered the class especially on mobs. I would like to suggest you consider one small change to the Aggressiveness -

In addition to 10 rage per sec maybe consider adding instantly increase rage to 100 and add 1 min cd so ppl dont use it to constantly replenish rage. It would help initially rage pool and will be nice convenient feature.

Thank you!

• I do like the change made to Aggressiveness very much, it solves a basic problem warriors had, especially regarding non /wardens, /rogues.

Moreover I'd suggest removing the 1handed weapon requirement for Thunder. Warriors exclusively (well, at least the physical ones) use 2handed weapons on Arcadia, hence the skill currently serves no purpose.

I do like the new Aggressiveness a lot. In fact, the other day (as I was levelling a warrior) I was talking about that lack of resource is was I don't pick warrior classes initially.

But, despite other games has the same solution it usually comes with a consecuence. To me is like breaking the whole point of being a warrior. Just look at skills which gives rage, I'll name two: Enrage: 20 rage 40s cd. Bloodlust (w/p): 50 rage 10cd but 10%hp cost (and here is buffed). Seems to me obtaining rage shouldn't be so easy, of course should come with something in return. I have some honest questions, because maybe I have a different perception on how classes should be:

• Is there a situation where do you don't want rage as high as possible?
    • Is there any benefit for having a class which has to wait to use skills?
    • Which advantage has the warrior over the rogue or warden due to the initial lack of resource?
    • Should be one?

About Thunder... I don't see it. I mean, don't see that as a valid reason to change the skill, why do warriors exclusively use 2handed weapons? Maybe that the answer to this question is what should be solved. How? You know much better than me, I'm sure of that. Maybe some specialization into 1h warrior and 2h warrior will give some fun...

• Official Post

Hello, just wanted to correct this misunderstanding, class is getting ability to wear 2H Hammer from Champion sub class and it isn't a new change.

Greetings

• In respond to new changes of r/ch. Thanks for fast reaction on our feedback! Im a little surprised, that now ALL mechanisms need hammer (before only 1 needed that), but that's ok.

I agree with Chibbo, that 1H hammers dps is too low in comparison to dagger -> which doesn't make sense at all to wear 1H hammer in main hand(or atleast it won't allow to use that combination fully in every aspect).

Hmm, so maybe i will add potential solution to that problem:

- instead of requirement of using hammer in MAINhand, change to requirement of using hammer in OFFhand.

Dps from dagger will be saved (there will be no need to change weapon from dagger to hammer -> big thing for players who already did their gold daggers in high tiers).

And after some thoughts, i think you shouldn't push 2h hammer into rogue class. With 1h-hammer there is no problem if its as a offhand. In mainhand.. well dps of that is too low to be using instead of dagger.

I hope you will come to the most optimal solution!

Greetings!

• ..., and then it already having the ability to wear a 2-H hammer...

Hello, just wanted to correct this misunderstanding, class is getting ability to wear 2H Hammer from Champion sub class and it isn't a new change.

Greetings

Playing without hammers will reduce the damage by a lot since Disassembly shadow does not work without hammers... .

Since this class is currently the strongest rogue class, this also means that daggers are now for the garbage :D

• Why do the following buffs work together for magic classes "Water embrace" ID 491323 (priest/ scout), "Essence of magic" ID 491587 (mage /priest) and "Mysterious reward" ID 494372 Druid /wardens. And for physical classes, only one thing "The Awakening of the Savage" ID 494364 (druid /warrior) or "Increased attack" ID 490491 (priest).

• Why do the following buffs work together for magic classes "Water embrace" ID 491323 (priest/ scout), "Essence of magic" ID 491587 (mage /priest) and "Mysterious reward" ID 494372 Druid /wardens. And for physical classes, only one thing "The Awakening of the Savage" ID 494364 (druid /warrior) or "Increased attack" ID 490491 (priest).

Why does Hot Stew (ID 200359) only increases physical attack? It's the same thing.
    Why do you want to buff the pysical and magical attack of every class into infinity?

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

Why does Hot Stew (ID 200359) only increases physical attack? It's the same thing.
    Why do you want to buff the pysical and magical attack of every class into infinity?

why does the warrior / mage increase damage and attack, and the rest have only one parameter? I mean, you can also use these buffs at the same time

• @ Ferrugio

Regarding Thunder, 1 handed weapons do have a lot less dps than 2 handed ones on this server. Moreover, the newly introduced attackspeed cap penalizes fast weapons (1 handers) even further. There is currently no reason to use them on pdps warriors, which is fine in my eyes, because I always pictured warriors as 2 hander bearing bruisers :D

Hence thunder should be usable with 2 handers as well imho ( I mean, even the skillname hints at a brutal, forceful hit, more fitting for a big weapon).

Regarding rage management, I agree that constantly available rage contradicts skills like enrage . However, the prior state made classes that don't get access to some kind of spamskill from their sec-class borderline unplayable. In fact, reliable rage management is key to the class and having to wait to use skills is entirely undesireable in this game. Since warrior skills that consume rage don't necessarily hit harder than their mana/energy/etc consuming counterparts, the ressource was mostly disadvantageous.

I was contemplating if this reply could be considered offtopic, but I think Ferrugio provided important questions that have to be addressed, since they do touch the aspect of class identity quite nicely. So I wanted to share my thoughts.

@Rogue/Champion hammer vs dagger topic:

I do think the most elegant solution would be to remove the hammer requirement from the elite skills altogether while keeping the hammer damage bonus from Disassembly Shadow. This way everyone can choose which weapon to wear.

• I have a question about the Mage/rouge skill "Shadow Shroud" (ID 492927). Would it be possible to change this into a buff? Although I like the change, because the damage of that skill before the patch was way to strong and overall your aoe skills deal more damage, there are some situations in instances whrere it would be better to recieve 10% less damage than to deal more damage, so it would be nice if you can choose whether you want to activate this or not.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia